In-game chat

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Pavlov13 #1 Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12517 battles

Since I play this game relatively frequently for several years, I can tell that some players are awfully annoying in game. They either insult other players, or they simply spam on the map, sending endless pings to the team. I know I can mute a guy, and a know there's an in game report tool, but this is not solving the problems. First of all, absolutely never a player was ban after an in-game report. We tried me and my mates, but it seems the report tool is completely pointless.

So I have one question, and some suggestions.

How many reports a player has to receive to be ban?

I suggest that after cliking on the map, there is a real cooldown before you can click again. Let's say you have three clicks, and then ten or fifteen seconds before you can click again. If it's tow hard to implement, a bot could detect a map-spamer, and auto-ban him. Or a least disable his right to send a ping for a few battles.

I also suggest that the game inform us on the potential effects of a report we made during a battle.

What do think of this?

_SpartanWarrior_ #2 Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36274 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
Ingame reports are 99% useless in 90% games,so i like the bot idea just if it was in random,not in SH/CW and no i do not like auto-banning

Captain_Kremen0 #3 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:59 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 39141 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
If it's took 6 years to get on your tits that badly it can't be too much of an issue

Kuldraca #4 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8912 battles
  • [SA_HB] SA_HB

Really great attitude to have Captain. Hence why we have this problem. This game has over the years turned into such a toxic community of players that think insulting you , threatening you saying they will come cut of my throat is so normal. Hey hope you get cancer nice fav aswell, kids paly this game so can't wait to see how they will turn out one day if this is acceptibale.

Ingame report useless and don't even bother trying support, all u get is automated message, it does not matter what angle u try to get a real responce. I believe its wargaming responsibility to protect  its players from this type of behaviour.

Get rid of that hopefully small group of players that think they can verbally abuse other players and act in a manner that isn't really part of playing in a team.

mpf1959 #5 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28309 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I can recommend turning the chat off, as it is almost entirely banal tripe anyway, and install the champi ping spam blocker available on aslains modpack, hey presto, a tranquil environment to enjoy the game, shielded from one-cell fuckwits! :B

Homer_J #6 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPavlov13, on 10 September 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

First of all, absolutely never a player was ban after an in-game report.

You expect a ban after a single report?  If that was the case we would all be banned, all the time.

kubawt112 #7 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Chat bans happen, but it's 'automated'. No idea how it works, though I know both people using 'crude' and more 'eloquent' language were chatbanned at one point or another. Others seem to get a hall pass, most likely because they seldom send messages in anger or frustration. One can certainly imagine that there are rather elegant ways of obviously insulting people without using bad words.

My recommendation: Pick up the verbal battle in a gentleman's fashion and grab your popcorn - see how long you can get people going, and observe how they react. Alternatively, just assume that they're proper [edited], that you are much better than them, and proceed to feel good about yourself. ;)

Captain_Kremen0 #8 Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 39141 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View Postmpf1959, on 13 September 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

I can recommend turning the chat off, as it is almost entirely banal tripe anyway, and install the champi ping spam blocker available on aslains modpack, hey presto, a tranquil environment to enjoy the game, shielded from one-cell fuckwits! :B

Try North Korea - you will be free from lots of internet badness there.

Only_Slightly_Bent #9 Posted 16 September 2019 - 01:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 26424 battles
  • [O_S_B] O_S_B

View Postkubawt112, on 13 September 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

Chat bans happen, but it's 'automated'. No idea how it works, though I know both people using 'crude' and more 'eloquent' language were chatbanned at one point or another.

Can confirm. I've been chat banned several times over the last couple of months (every time entirely justified), you just need enough people (I don't know the exact figure) to use the in-game report function....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users