Hit ebr twice, critical hit twice, no hp loss, when is this farce going to end?.

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

vikingmilo #1 Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32584 battles
Now I am very critical of this game , and no doubt I will get replies from the usual clowns who claim my win rate shows I am a poor player, but when I hit an EBR twice with a skorpion g and both hits are called critical, which means he survives and stays on 23% hp, then I say something is very wrong, I hit him at close range and at  about 100 metres, 1 hit should have killed him, add this to the fact that wot seem determined to keep me at around 48% win rate, by this I mean every time my win rate starts going up, they drag me back down again, I have been at 48.21 four times this year and each time they put me on losing runs which send me back down again, once I went from 48.21 down to 48.05, and yet again I climbed to 48.21 only to be back to 48.15, its becoming so predictable, but I cant say what I would really like to say because wot don't like it.

OmniWalou #2 Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

Try to aim a bit higher so that there is armor hit box behind the wheels.

Other than that, replay?

GrannyPanties #3 Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1218 battles

View PostOmniWalou, on 10 September 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

Try to aim a bit higher so that there is armor hit box behind the wheels.

Other than that, replay?

Those things are hard enough to hit already, telling people to aim higher is hopeless as best. Unless they're sitting still or poking over a hill

shikaka9 #4 Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 72258 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

malachi6 #5 Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50950 battles

View Postvikingmilo, on 10 September 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

Now I am very critical of this game , and no doubt I will get replies from the usual clowns who claim my win rate shows I am a poor player, but when I hit an EBR twice with a skorpion g and both hits are called critical, which means he survives and stays on 23% hp, then I say something is very wrong, I hit him at close range and at  about 100 metres, 1 hit should have killed him, add this to the fact that wot seem determined to keep me at around 48% win rate, by this I mean every time my win rate starts going up, they drag me back down again, I have been at 48.21 four times this year and each time they put me on losing runs which send me back down again, once I went from 48.21 down to 48.05, and yet again I climbed to 48.21 only to be back to 48.15, its becoming so predictable, but I cant say what I would really like to say because wot don't like it.

Ad hominem.  A logical fallacy that involves a personal attack upon the individual rather than the argument being made; "usual clowns".  Other fallacies include post hoc; "should have killed him", Conspiracy theory; "drag my win rate down". 

I have no idea if your statements are true.  Given you cannot make your point without making basic mistakes in your reasoning.  It is difficult for anybody else to asses the merits of your argument.

Lagalaza #6 Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10927 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

I hear you OP. Man, those things can be hard to hit.

The rest of the post about WG holding down your win rate I don't agree with but reference the wheelies and oh boy, that critical hit rubbish annoys the hell out of me too.

Richthoffen #7 Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30659 battles
  • [MS-] MS-
wg should introduce machine guns, that way you could rip all tires to shreds and stop them 

4nt #8 Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29691 battles
When you learn how to aim without autoaim+

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34552 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

I'll bite. :)

You aren't a very good player. You didn't damage it because you missed. Aim better.

Where do I pick up my comedy red nose? 

Balc0ra #10 Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74451 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

You gotta remember that there is no armor behind half the wheel surface due to ground clearing. So if the shots go low, wheels are all you are gonna hit. That and yes the wheels have a module hitbox, but it only counts as armor, or spaced armor to stop shells if you hit dead center, as in the axle behind it. But not all wheels have an axle hitbox there either.

And since you have to hit above a narrow moving line. You hit below it more so than not and crit hit it. Same if you hit to far forward. Then again, there will be no armor behind it, and you just get a crit on the shell pasing by.

Edited by Balc0ra, 10 September 2019 - 06:05 PM.

FTR #11 Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16624 battles
It's going to end when you actually hit the hull of the vehicle instead of hitting wheels with nothing behind them.

OmniWalou #12 Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View PostGrannyPanties, on 10 September 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

Those things are hard enough to hit already, telling people to aim higher is hopeless as best. Unless they're sitting still or poking over a hill

They aren't really. What is different is the procedure of hitting them, the preparation and treatment of the situation. That's why I would want to see a replay from OP to see how he behaves in those situations. Personally when I choose to deal with WVs I do it differently than with other vehicles, other LTs mainly. I of course sometimes just shoot at the general direction or take snapshots at them when I am not properly dealing with them. But when I am, I aim my shots slightly higher on purpose. All in all I am able to deal with WV just fine

Coopsjc21 #13 Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9893 battles

View PostFTR, on 10 September 2019 - 06:10 PM, said:

It's going to end when you actually hit the hull of the vehicle instead of hitting wheels with nothing behind them.

I think the point he is trying to make is if you hit a wheeled vehicles wheels with an 88mm round you're going to [edited]it up, not give it a single flat tyre that allows it to carry on tearing around the field like a F1 car.  There is hull behind the wheels and the round would go straight through and cause damage. The fact that the wheels are so large and this doesn't happen, combined with the fact they are so fast and hard to hit to start with make it a farce.

OPs win rate is somewhat irrelevant in a wv thread though.

Edited by Coopsjc21, 10 September 2019 - 07:10 PM.

kaneloon #14 Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:31 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31205 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0
I propose to offer arties and wheels a dedicated special server EU3, full of FL maps ;)

Balc0ra #15 Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74451 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostCoopsjc21, on 10 September 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

I think the point he is trying to make is if you hit a wheeled vehicles wheels with an 88mm round you're going to [edited]it up, not give it a single flat tyre that allows it to carry on tearing around the field like a F1 car.  There is hull behind the wheels and the round would go straight through and cause damage. The fact that the wheels are so large and this doesn't happen, combined with the fact they are so fast and hard to hit to start with make it a farce.

If you hit the wheel and no armor behind it. Then should it still take HP damage if the hull is not hit?

Just look at the hitbox model of the tier 8. If you lead shots on it and hit the front or rear. There is not much surface area around it to damage anything. Middle as you can see has no hitbox or spaced armor to block anything. Same with the rear, side is mostly just nothing and spaced armor. Unless you hit dead center, you won't do much. 

Spoiler

Dorander #16 Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

Couldn't possibly be that the reason you're staying around 48% is that that's indicative of your skill level and you're simply unable to produce consistent enough improved results to get it up.

In fact one could just as easily claim the only reason you managed to get to 48.21% ever is that Wargaming gave you pity victories but once they stopped you fell back down again. Now if that sounds as ridiculous to you as it does to me, consider that it is just as valid as the claim that they're keeping you down. No more, no less.

fwhaatpiraat #17 Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 60251 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
EBRs making stupid moves, driving like a headless chicken, lighting up half the enemy team or more, crazy zigzagging,  getting hit for no damage, smacking enemy light tanks with HE while driving 90+ kph, etc. I think that's all great examples of balance and fun. Last time we had such balance, fun and diversity (otherwise all tanks are the same, boo) was when SPGs hit for 2k damage and Bobject wasn't nerfed.

OmniWalou #18 Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 10 September 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

EBRs making stupid moves, driving like a headless chicken, lighting up half the enemy team or more, crazy zigzagging, getting hit for no damage, smacking enemy light tanks with HE while driving 90+ kph, etc. I think that's all great examples of balance and fun. Last time we had such balance, fun and diversity (otherwise all tanks are the same, boo) was when SPGs hit for 2k damage and Bobject wasn't nerfed.

I'm disappointed to see even you fall to the same generic complaining about a vehicle class you yourself haven't even played (41 battles in tier 7 is nothing). In reality, the things you listed aren't something that always happen, they are pure exaggerations. When playing the WVs you can easily be taken out if you don't actually play properly. You can't reliably yolo around and you don't constantly take shots that do no damage. Your HE doesn't reliably pen if you don't know what you are doing.

fwhaatpiraat #19 Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 60251 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostOmniWalou, on 10 September 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

I'm disappointed to see even you fall to the same generic complaining about a vehicle class you yourself haven't even played (41 battles in tier 7 is nothing). In reality, the things you listed aren't something that always happen, they are pure exaggerations. When playing the WVs you can easily be taken out if you don't actually play properly. You can't reliably yolo around and you don't constantly take shots that do no damage. Your HE doesn't reliably pen if you don't know what you are doing.

I have experience in CW with the tier X EBR.

Btw, these arguments are really similar as what arty apologists used to use: "sometimes you get yoloed and do nothing", "sometimes rng makes you miss all your shots", "on city maps you're useless", "it often misses for one shot to hit and pen", etc.

Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 10 September 2019 - 08:19 PM.

OmniWalou #20 Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 10 September 2019 - 08:17 PM, said:

I have experience in CW with the tier X EBR.

Btw, these arguments are really similar as what arty apologists used to use: "sometimes you get yoloed and do nothing", "sometimes rng makes you miss all your shots", "on city maps you're useless", "it often misses for one shot to hit and pen", etc.

Not on your own account at least. And your experience is in CWs? How well do you think that translates into the random battles, and how much experience you actually have? Hard to think that you could have more than 10 or so battles, it's CW after all and if you played to help someone to get a tank, I highly doubt you did that for several days, if even more than for one day.

No matter how much you try to discredit me by saying I sound like an ''arty apologist'', doesn't change the fact that the things you listed are pure exaggerations and do not at all represent the experience of players who actively play WVs in randoms, FL or CWs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users