Get the KV-5 with the Festival Fair

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Tyyne #41 Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 73401 battles
Kv-5 used to be an awesome tank but nowadays it's more or less useless. The armor stop about nothing (turret can be penned from the front by tier 7 tanks) and the gun is just a joke especially when it faces tier 9 tanks.

kymrel #42 Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33731 battles

View PostFalathi, on 11 September 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

Actually, KV-5 got buffed, but the buff did not change it exactly into an OP monster. 

Haven`t played it myself, but I heard that when it comes to making credits the tank is still pretty powerful. 

That's not my experience. Once in a blue moon you get to be top-tier and the enemy doesn't have heavily armored tanks. Then you can earn a lot of credits. Every other game you struggle to pen anything really, even other tier 8 tanks, without using premium ammo. And all those games where you come up against super-heavies all you can do is spam HE and die horribly. And if you don't pen shots you don't earn good credits.

Gremlin182 #43 Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:15 PM

General

• Player
  • 57251 battles

Many of the PMM tanks have a problem today Because they were designed for a completely different game.

The MM works against them as they do not see lower tiers as often as they once did and also many equal tier vehicles are just so much better.

I don't see the MM changing so the tanks only meet same and lower tiers most of the time nor do I see the same tier tanks getting removed or nerfed.

Therefor the only realistic solutions are a substantial buff for all of them followed by normal mm or abandoning them completely.

Yes there have been buffs but those were not enough to make them competitive.

Yes they make credits but if you have a much greater chance of having an effect on the battle with a better premium why bother playing these.

Really do not understand why the reluctance to making substantial buffs to these tanks you could put them on general sale again as full priced premiums instead of just offering them a few times a year.

InfernoJack #44 Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40469 battles
  • [5REST] 5REST
Admittedly the KV-5 isn't for everyone, I love mine. It's my most played tank and to all those slating it, the tank itself is in an OK place right now. The problem is the MM and how you see tier 9 almost every time, in your tier 7.5 KV-5. If anything on it needs buffing its the gun depression. The tank is so tall and looks to have plenty of room for additional gun depression, which would allow it to shoot down on close enemies better and also play ridgelines. Additional gun mantle armor would be nice too.

kaneloon #45 Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:15 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30795 battles
  • [UKN-A] UKN-A
You have the same depression as a lt-432 with almost the same turret ...

Miljac72 #46 Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 58329 battles
Don't get it why one should drive a tank with this big R2D2 weakspot...

ziratulbihac #47 Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3338 battles
  • [5KORP] 5KORP

Tank has no Armor,  frontal R2D2 turret is so big... it's easier to hit than lower plate... and everything goes through it. 

It's just a cool tank to have for collectors :)  and.. sometimes you do good if people are unaware of your R2D2

Badz360 #48 Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18458 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-

View PostTijgernootTank, on 11 September 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

It shows again wg sells a tank and dont mind at all the consequenses for the balance in this game .

Im frankly disgusted the tank is sold again .

We have all been there ;  Youre having a nice game and are winning big ,  out comes the enemy KV5 and just

rams 5 or 6 of your teammates to death .

Its just a disgusting sealrammer that should never been in this game in the first place , we all know this .

Offcourse it can be the other way around when u have the KV5 in your team , then i still find it bad for the game.

Tier 8 clanwars has become a mess where almost every team has like 7 or 8 KV5 in team .

Clanwars has become ramwars , this really needs to stop , this is horrible for players not able to get a KV5 ,

on most maps they become useless ramfodder .

Stop selling this tank !  Im sick and tired of getting my whole team rammed to death with nothing u can do about it .

My clan cant bring many KV5 , so at one point this season we kept getting penalties and CW season ended earlier for us .

Because my players dont want show up anymore to get rammed to death all the time for no rewards .

The balance in tier 8 is completely broken already , yet again they sell this tank im lost for words.

I do hope this was a troll, and not someone from the WG Hype dept.

Either that, or someone with free access to strong hallucinogenics 

United_Stealth #49 Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:00 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27353 battles
  • [_TSM_] _TSM_
Just remove the buffs, shave off some hitpoints and bump it a tier down.

wardaddyMMV #50 Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29637 battles

I though, we are going to see tanks that never been sold before, but until now it is the same premium tanks.

I hoped to see combination with gold and bonds, I got so many bonds saving up for a unique tank.

Am I the only one, that is looking forward to a tank that never been sold before ? On Tanks GG you can find cool tanks.

Like IS-5 I got all the other IS tanks but this one I want as well.

Maybe a tier 10 like the obj907 for 20.000 bonds and 8000 gold. Is that maybe an idea. :unsure:

Gremlin182 #51 Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:01 AM

General

• Player
  • 57251 battles

View PostUnited_Stealth, on 12 September 2019 - 12:00 AM, said:

Just remove the buffs, shave off some hitpoints and bump it a tier down.

same problem as always

make any change to a premium tank and its I paid cash for this product you have no right to change it after I bought it I want a full cash refund.

So no tier change no nerfs only buffs.

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users