15 replies to this topic

Captain_CowardlyCustard #1 Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19705 battles
  • [-TWA-] -TWA-

Hello Tanker's

I need a bit of help please.

I currently only have the M53/55 to level and whilst I enjoy arty I don't want to play it exclusively :justwait:

I mostly enjoy meds (finished USA, UK  I have unlocked the OBJ 430U but havn't bought the t54 as yet as I don't really want or need 3 or 4 meds of the same tier and nation.

I have 0 tanks from China and i'm considering the meds line from that tree,from the Japanese line I seem to have stopped a long time ago with the OI and I look at the med line but it doesn't grab me.

I've finished the Czech line,same with the Swedish and Italian.

I have unlocked the E50M but havn't bought it yet - I enjoy the e50 mostly and the M adds pen and some HP, the same issue exists in the German tree that I don't want (for now) multiple tiers and lines in the same nation

I also enjoy the King Tiger© - tough against t9 but does ok versus 8 n romps about in 7s but that's not too often so a heavy line may suit - I have the t29 and tiger 1 and the OI but that's so slow I don't know whether I can grind that tree

I also enjoy td's a bit - and play the Skorp G for credits and missions - I was rubbish when I first got it  (i'm sure someone can make a case that i'm still rubbish although I did mark it with a 47% WR which surprised me a bit lol) n left it in the garage for a long time but I enjoy it now so have been looking at the German TD line to the Grille as i'm imagining they will play similar?

I'm a rubbish scout, so I discount lights for now - I have an irresistible urge to shoot when I shouldn't :bush:

This leaves the Polish line - seems decent ish but 4 lights, 2 meds and 4 heavy's in the same line puts me off a bit as i'll essentially be starting t7 with a stock crew n tank.

So,i'm asking for a suggestion on a Heavy Line or 2  - not tortoise slow and whether or not the Grille line would play similar to the Skorp

prskanje #2 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4276 battles
  • [NCTRL] NCTRL
Hold up.

What class exactly are you looking for? The last paragraph is confusing.

fwhaatpiraat #3 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 60251 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

If you like the King Tiger, you will definitely like the fully upgraded E75.

No clue about the Polish tanks up to t7. But t8, t9 and t10 seem good heavy tanks to me. 

Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 11 September 2019 - 07:10 AM.

Ganjalf94 #4 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8418 battles

As far as I know, chinese meds are good-ish, in that t5 and 6 are russian copies, with only great defect of bad gun depression.

T7 I'm liking so far but I really only have a couple games in it and it's not even fully upgraded yet. 

Aout TDs and Lights, I will tell you that practice helps. yeah you will suck at first. you'll get better. So maybe try the russian TDs (big alpha), or the americans (turrets/armor)?

Also maybe I will sound like a heathen, but german artillery man.

Nethraniel #5 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:33 AM

Major

• Player
  • 14586 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Polish tanks are well rounded when fully researched. If you go down that line be prepared to spend a lot of freeXP or suffer. 

Ceeb #6 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:53 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 33330 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

Asking on the forums is one hell of a lottery.

Chinese line Tier 7 and 9 and 10 are great, I think the 121 is very underated. I wish i was better in it.

German line, Tier PTA and Leo 1 are great tanks.  (PTA is my current go to tank)

AMX30 used to be my go to tank but the gun is bad and good, I wonder sometimes which country the shell will land in.

Jap line,  Kinda liked the STA1 (Prem STA2 is good) Type 61 (people slate it but i liked it, and the STB1, I cant comment on, not played it since its buff)

Cant comment on Polish tanks, I even sold the Tier 1.

Captain_CowardlyCustard #7 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19705 battles
  • [-TWA-] -TWA-

thanks for the input 

A friend suggested the E75 to me but ive been put off with folk saying the tiger 2 is not so great but its under consideration so a good call 

I was tempted by the Leopard line ,maybe ill start that n see how it goes alongside the Chinese meds

I have unlocked the GWE but I havn't bought it because I like the reload on the 9 - (Ganjalf)

The polish line I can start with t5 so ill probably do that as well n see how they go 

View Postprskanje, on 11 September 2019 - 07:04 AM, said:

Hold up.

What class exactly are you looking for? The last paragraph is confusing.

sorry for any confusion ,I was explaining a brief outline of my time in game and what i had been playing and was asking for recommendation's for a heavy line that wasnt "tortoise" slow as per the Japanese line, I didn't mean the tortoise td line

Just the question on the skorp being comparable gameplay wise to the Grille line to go - toilet rolls for armour but a good gun - iffy camo...

Then i can save the Jap meds for when im done with that lot :great:

Dramya #8 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:38 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15684 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

For you best heavy line it depends on your playstyle in heavies.

- Fast heavies with armor: Russian or Chinese

- Hulldown heavies: Lower tiers go American, stop at T29. Higher tiers go British. 

- Brawlers: Russian, Chineese or German (stop at E75)

- Glass canon damage dealers: French or American autoloaders 

Almost every line has a less favorite tank somewhere. Tiger 2 is indeed not a very good tank, but E75 makes up for it. 

As for the autoloaders, I do not consider them heavy tanks since they cannot really play the heavy role. Be aware of that when you play them.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:44 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34552 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Polish tanks are bleh up to tier 6. Tier 7-10 are solid tanks tho.

Shivvering #10 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34567 battles

View PostCaptain_CowardlyCustard, on 11 September 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

thanks for the input 

A friend suggested the E75 to me but ive been put off with folk saying the tiger 2 is not so great but its under consideration so a good call 

I was tempted by the Leopard line ,maybe ill start that n see how it goes alongside the Chinese meds

I have unlocked the GWE but I havn't bought it because I like the reload on the 9 - (Ganjalf)

The polish line I can start with t5 so ill probably do that as well n see how they go 

sorry for any confusion ,I was explaining a brief outline of my time in game and what i had been playing and was asking for recommendation's for a heavy line that wasnt "tortoise" slow as per the Japanese line, I didn't mean the tortoise td line

Just the question on the skorp being comparable gameplay wise to the Grille line to go - toilet rolls for armour but a good gun - iffy camo...

If you dont want to play like the Skorpion, dont do down the Leopard line :D

Dava_117 #11 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:53 AM

Major General

• 23074 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

There are a lot of good HTs in game. Most of them fit in different role.

Here is a list of good tanks for each role from tier 7 upward.

-Heavium: IS-7/277 lines, WZ-111-1/4 and WZ-111-5A

-Tankers: Maus line, KV-4, ST-I, VK45.02B

-Multirole: E75, E100

-Hulldown: SConqueror line, T29, Polish HTs

-Support: Tiger1

Stevies_Team #12 Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14924 battles

You sound like you maybe can't be bothered waiting for all the ditherers at times and may like the forgiving nature of "Heaviums"

premiums that spring to mind are the centurion 5/1

That one currently in the shop with its 3 second pop gun is ok, the Thunderbolt, you can permatrack and destroy T34-85s etc, it has a good gun

In the tree vk 30-02D, a German tank with proper sloped armour, mobility, and gun

GL

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 11 September 2019 - 10:09 AM.

prskanje #13 Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:49 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4276 battles
  • [NCTRL] NCTRL

View PostCaptain_CowardlyCustard, on 11 September 2019 

Understood. You could try the Obj. 277 line, the tanks are fairly mobile with nice guns and kinda trollish armor. 

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:21 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30811 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostCaptain_CowardlyCustard, on 11 September 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

thanks for the input 

Russian IS-7 line would be quick enough for heavy tanks, certainly not slow like a super-heavy. The IS will unlock two tier8 heavy tank options so that's pretty nice and the IS-3 will itself unlock another 2 lines of heavies so there's plenty of scope in those lines to find the right balance between armor and mobility to suit you, so I think there's great value in taking that particular tank path and they're all solid tanks with the troll Russian armor that works because of the extreme shapes and angles instead of it's thickness so it keeps them pretty light and agile by heavy tank standards. 

The Grille line. Well, I haven't played the Grille yet myself but I've played all the others and close to unlocking the Grille. The lower tiers are not turreted and all delicate flowers with a strong gun but generally are very large and awkward which means they're pretty dull to play, get spotted easily because of their large size and get wrecked pretty much immediately there after.

The Borsig is the first in the line with a turret but it certainly ain't no SkorpG. The difference is the Borsig, for some bizarre reason, has the most pathetic engine the Germans could find, like from a VW Beetle or something, which gives it depressingly poor p/w ratio and mobility on parity with a Maus but unlike a Maus which can at least be explained by having lots of armor, the Borsig does not... so what you have is a glorified ride-on lawnmower that can't get to where it needs to get to, cannot relocate, cannot escape etc and so that makes it a big giant steaming pile of cow dung, at least imo, a SkorpG(which I also have) the Borsig most certainly ain't! To add insult to injury, the Borsig gets pretty much the same gun as the Skorp which sounds great right, but because you didn't pay real world money for it, the aim time is worse and the fully aimed dispersion is worse. It does have a big hitting 750 alpha derpy type of gun which I personally thought was great fun and I'd recommend since you're only ever going to most likely get a few shots with your painfully slow Borsig, so better to make them as big a bang as possible BUT you'll really want to carry a lot of HEAT with that gun since the standard AP pen is much worse than the sniper gun and certainly unreliable for penning tanks. It also carries a HE shell boasting almost 1000 alpha though which I have used to good effect against T49, Leo's, Standard B, WV, Frenchies and anything that falls within it's scope while even well armored tanks are still going to have a bad time eating a HE caliber of that size but all in all the Borsig was trash imo, all because of that Type5 levels of mobility.

The Waffen Jagermeister whatever it's called. I'm currently grinding with it and about 20k from the Grille. It's way better than the Borsig but that wouldn't be a big achievement obviously. It's still pretty slow and made slower with the sniper rifle options which are just much heavier guns than the derp option but it's still much more mobile and thus more usable and flexible than the Borsig since it can get about faster and all that having this ability entails. It comes with it's own set of problems though mostly in terms of it's gun depression and elevation characteristics which means you realistically have to play the sniper rifle in reverse for some workable gun dep while the derp gun won't elevate much from certain points around the tank. Gun elevation might not sound like much of an issue but if you're going down a hill or placed frontally on a slight slope and need to elevate you're gun in order to shoot a target or follow a moving target with your gun, it's as bad and maybe worse than having a tank with no gun depression. The upgraded sniper rifle has strong alpha, good shell velocity and good accuracy, decent aim time so it can be a formidable punisher once it's in its happy place and will quickly rack up damage and kills but once it's out of it's natural environment it's barely worth 2-3 shots of damage before saying goodbye to everyone. I like it though, but I wouldn't call it a keeper. That said, I think I should at least try it upgraded derp gun before selling it, who knows, maybe there's some big lols to be had although since the Grille comes with the same alpha as that derp gun only with much better pen and accuracy while also being on a fast platform, it probably doesn't make sense to do that. 

I can't yet comment on the Grille. So overall I think it's probably fair to say that sticking with your SkorpG is the best option of all. Tier for tier it's by far the best of any of those tanks in that line I've played so far, it does big alpha damage, is a very mobile platform and doesn't come with any gun dep or elevation restrictions along with having a fast turret which also traverses a full 360 degrees. It's also a premium tank so generates credits instead of losing credits. Try if you like but the Skorp is better than all the TDs in that line I've played. Maybe the Grille is better than the Skorp, it SHOULD be better since it's a tier10, 2 tiers higher but you're going to have to walk a long and at times, painful path to get that. 

Captain_CowardlyCustard #15 Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19705 battles
  • [-TWA-] -TWA-

Thanks for all the input tankers

And an extra thanks for TungstenHitman for the detailed breakdown of the Grille line:great:

Ive started the Tiger2 and will look at the heavy's that were suggested by a few of you, mediums I have a garage full so there is no real rush for another, maybe its time to play heavy's a bit more

thanks all

Happy Tanking :)

Thlurp #16 Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14572 battles
  • [JORM] JORM

don't go for the Chinese meds if you played up to 430U, they are just a weaker version of it.

Russian Heavies are nice as well

ST-I is my favourite T9 (Super-)Heavy but don't get the IS-4, you'll be disappointed

I currently play t9 Czech and French autoloaders, if you're searching for a different play style they are fun, and the lights leading to the bat chat are stealthy fun tanks as well

Czechs are a bit of a bugged til you get t9, many players don't like the t8, which I had fun with.

Russian TD lines are nice to play as well, although I grinded them long ago they are all competing for best TD at their respective tier

Italian mediums are fun to play as well and quite unique in playstyle t8-10

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users