campaign personal missions

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Bora_BOOM #1 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:01 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 29084 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

I am trying to do the 6k dmg, 5 kills and a win in Foch 155. That is the only tier X TD I have. I have SkorpG and Jagdpanter II grinding to Jgpz E100.

My biggest concern about doing this mission with a Foch is the 5 kills. The alpha is great, so 3 clips (9 shells) should be about it (or close to) 6k dmg. But let’s make it 4 clips. What that means is that in 12 shots I have to kill a tank with almost every other shell.

Now, I could snipe in the back and wait for kill-shots, but that will not make me do 6k dmg (and I hate camping and Foch is not exactly the best sniper out there). I need to be aggressive and fight versus tanks with lots of HP, which are the heavies or strong TDs. And there the long reload becomes a problem, and there is a slim chance I will be able to wait for kill shots.

I have managed a couple of solid games. Last night I had one 4k battle with only 2 kills and that was a decent fight. I am mentioning that battle cause both kills were with one clip cause 2 one-shot enemies attacked me when I had a full clip. I think that being able to unload a clip, do dmg with all 3 shells and kill 2 tanks with that, is something not very realistic to happen often, and I need it basically twice in one battle! Also, 4 clips are 4 reload times of 40-ish seconds, so I will need to hide 3 times (the first clip is loaded on battle start) which is like two minutes of doing nothing. That is a lot against tanks that you are facing (heavies/tds) in order to do 6k dmg.

So, what do you think? Is it reasonable to try it in Foch, how would you play it, tactics or game modes (encounter, assault, grand battles), or would you just grind for Jgpz E100? Is SkorpG the way (with my level of skill I doubt it)? Should I wait for like T30 that I am grinding to (tier 8 atm)? Lots of questions...

Balc0ra #2 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74285 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Most tier X TD's are tricky with kills if they have high alpha. As I got a lot of pure tier X games when I did it for the Obj with the 183 and 155 vs targets with the same HP or more as I have burst damage. So then on a corridor map it won't happen with both. But on the more open maps vs tier 8? Not impossible. But still a fair bit of luck needed too. I say keep at it, and try now and then while grinding the other options.

xtrem3x #3 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:27 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35624 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

Foch is your best bet at the moment, however there are better TDs for it (like Brit ones that fire HESH). The problem with the 155 is the long reload and wasting big rounds to finish off low HP targets

There are some tier 8s like your Skorpian that it's possible, but you'd be chasing that 1 game out of 100 where the stars align and it all goes your way.

undutchable80 #4 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:30 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 12478 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
With the long reload of the Foch,I would think platooning is a must. They can protect you from getting rushed during your reload. 

tajj7 #5 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28436 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Yeh probably your best chance at the moment but I did the 260 one in the E4 and the T-55A one in the Grille 15 I think, both are more well rounded and versatile, meaning IMO they need less to get the right situations to do the mission and are more about just having a good game. 

Foch 155 is bit like the 4005/183, needs the RNG and people to basically queue up in front of your gun at the right times, whereas other tier 10 TDs I think you can be more pro-active and make more things happen. 

Bora_BOOM #6 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:38 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 29084 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View Postundutchable80, on 13 September 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

With the long reload of the Foch,I would think platooning is a must. They can protect you from getting rushed during your reload. 

I forgot about that idea. Will try to find the "victims", platooning is fun regardless. Would it be rigging if players would hold the shots and kills for me is another aspect to think of. 

tajj7 #7 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28436 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostBora_BOOM, on 13 September 2019 - 09:38 AM, said:

I forgot about that idea. Will try to find the "victims", platooning is fun regardless. Would it be rigging if players would hold the shots and kills for me is another aspect to think of. 

it's not really rigging, because those people would die anyway and you aren't doing anything that hurts your team or your team's chance of winning. Not really like people queuing up together to get on opposite teams and rig missions. 

I've seen platoons of like two heavies and an auto-loader where the auto-loader guy is doing a mission and the other two guys basically like tank and bully for him to do the damage. 

Bora_BOOM #8 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:05 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 29084 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View Posttajj7, on 13 September 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

it's not really rigging, because those people would die anyway and you aren't doing anything that hurts your team or your team's chance of winning. Not really like people queuing up together to get on opposite teams and rig missions. 

I've seen platoons of like two heavies and an auto-loader where the auto-loader guy is doing a mission and the other two guys basically like tank and bully for him to do the damage. 

I know a case of a streamer playing for reaching 3 marks under a certain number of battles with a "little help" of two IS-7s. A known clan kicked him out because of that.

It is not rigging but isn’t exactly a fair way to get the mission either. Yes, he had good games, but seeing two IS-7 not shooting basically felt a bit dirty. Also, I could not ask anyone to do that for me, but a little help would not be a bad idea, at least helping by being together and ofc winning the battle in the first place (mission condition) would be enough.

tajj7 #9 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28436 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostBora_BOOM, on 13 September 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

I know a case of a streamer playing for reaching 3 marks under a certain number of battles with a "little help" of two IS-7s. A known clan kicked him out because of that.

It is not rigging but isn’t exactly a fair way to get the mission either. Yes, he had good games, but seeing two IS-7 not shooting basically felt a bit dirty. Also, I could not ask anyone to do that for me, but a little help would not be a bad idea, at least helping by being together and ofc winning the battle in the first place (mission condition) would be enough.

Meh I kind of feel that if people are playing in a way that does not contravene the game objective, which is to win and it doesn't harm the team, then I have no issue with it.

It's a team game, there is nothing that says everyone has to do damage, so people tanking but not doing damage whilst someone else does is still all going to the same outcome of helping the team win. Does it really matter if 3 people have 2k damage each in a platoon or 1 has 6k and the other two have none, if all 3 have played a role for their team and helped them win? 

I mean people ask for kills for missions and medals all the time from their team and often their team mates oblige. So I don't see much issue with you say asking platoon mates for kills.

You just need to be careful that often trying to do missions in platoons, your platoon mates can hoover up damage that you might need. 

Bora_BOOM #10 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:24 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 29084 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View Posttajj7, on 13 September 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

You just need to be careful that often trying to do missions in platoons, your platoon mates can hoover up damage that you might need

I would shoot them for it!

Oh, wait.

:teethhappy:

prskanje #11 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4094 battles
  • [NCTRL] NCTRL
Nah, just do your grinds, the mission can pop up in a game you didn't even expect.

WhoCares01 #12 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23375 battles

I completed TD.15  for T55A with JpE100 - alas without honours - and I need the honours to get the order to skip the farty missions.

I currently grind toward the Grille 15 in the hope that it can do the job.

Point being, most of the tier 10 TDs can dish out 6k damage, especially the ones with high alpha do so with a few shots. The real problem are the kills, and most of those high alpha TDs are slow, which means they miss out on the end battle clean-up where the last damage and kills are farmed. And here I see an advantage for the Grille 15 due to its mobility + turret. Basically early battle farm damage from the back conserving your HP, late battle invest your HP and try to get the required kills.

It's a plan...

But first I need to get it - currently playing the Waffle auf Pz 4 at 38% after 50 battles (still using the stock 12.8 or 15cm guns…;)

HEATzk0pf #13 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:53 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37985 battles

View PostBora_BOOM, on 13 September 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

So, what do you think? Is it reasonable to try it in Foch, how would you play it, tactics or game modes (encounter, assault, grand battles), or would you just grind for Jgpz E100? Is SkorpG the way (with my level of skill I doubt it)? Should I wait for like T30 that I am grinding to (tier 8 atm)? Lots of questions...

In my Opinion it will take AGES in Foch 155. I have it, i like it - but doing 6K and 5 Kills is more luck than skill in this tank.

I´d grind to the swedisch TDs tbh - with the Tier 10 the Mission will come fast and you have the reload to shoot low HP Targets. The Clip Reload of the Foch 155 makes it a one trick pony and not felxible enough to react to opportunities for kills.

But for sure, it CAN happen, but before it might even happen in the Jagdtiger (Tier 9). The JagdE wont do this job too, same issues as foch + additionally beeing slow is bad in the late game.

Bora_BOOM #14 Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 29084 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View Postprskanje, on 13 September 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

Nah, just do your grinds, the mission can pop up in a game you didn't even expect.

Unfortunately, 6k dmg is something I cant get without expecting. As a matter of fact, I might not be wrong saying that I have never had a 6k battle game. If so, there might be a few being close, but I am pretty sure that I will have to prepare spot-on and being lucky as well.

I am not so keen on getting the mission, so going hardcore (full gold, spec. equipment, and food for instance) and do nothing else until I get it will hardly happen. On the other hand, I also believe I will not get it casually. Therefore, some effort is required and trying it in Foch maybe isn't the best choice or it might take too long to achieve.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 13 September 2019 - 12:03 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:06 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

The Foch 155, Foch B, T95, T30, E3 or the 704 are all good candidates. The issue with autoloaders is the down time and honestly they are easy to kill if you're too eager. With the T95 or the E3 you just sit there, play reasonably and aim for 10 shots or more. It's easier in my opinion than autoloaders. Also french guns rarely behave. :)

In_Flames90 #16 Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12587 battles
  • [DECOY] DECOY
Did it in the T10 Strv.
-Fast enough reload to feel like you're never wasting a shot on a low HP tank.
-Good DPM to get high damage if ignored.
-Excellent camo that can help in the late game on a loss, to maybe secure yourself missing kills or damage.

It's a bit situational though, so you have to prat for a good map.

PowJay #17 Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:11 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40420 battles

I did mine With Honours in the WT Auf Pz IV. It actually has more DPM than the Grille 15 and this was the battle. 

http://wotreplays.eu...r_ger_auf_pz_iv

Good RoF and alpha means that the damage racks up, but you can reload quickly enough to get that next, or chance, shot on another enemy target before allies destroy it. 

It was a rare victory for me- to do that much damage- and I am sure that I won't be repeating it any time soon. I need 8,000 HP for the Object mission. Not happening! 

Solstad1069 #18 Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:35 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45063 battles

Not easy with a Foch 155, the reload is so long u cant really risk any shots.

I would use a tank like the T30, its 1 tier lower so u face tanks with less HP for the kills.
The turret and 15+ sec reload makes it much more versatile.

Schepel #19 Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:50 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66349 battles

View PostBora_BOOM, on 13 September 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

I am trying to do the 6k dmg, 5 kills and a win in Foch 155. That is the only tier X TD I have. I have SkorpG and Jagdpanter II grinding to Jgpz E100.

My biggest concern about doing this mission with a Foch is the 5 kills. The alpha is great, so 3 clips (9 shells) should be about it (or close to) 6k dmg. But let’s make it 4 clips. What that means is that in 12 shots I have to kill a tank with almost every other shell.

Now, I could snipe in the back and wait for kill-shots, but that will not make me do 6k dmg (and I hate camping and Foch is not exactly the best sniper out there). I need to be aggressive and fight versus tanks with lots of HP, which are the heavies or strong TDs. And there the long reload becomes a problem, and there is a slim chance I will be able to wait for kill shots.

I have managed a couple of solid games. Last night I had one 4k battle with only 2 kills and that was a decent fight. I am mentioning that battle cause both kills were with one clip cause 2 one-shot enemies attacked me when I had a full clip. I think that being able to unload a clip, do dmg with all 3 shells and kill 2 tanks with that, is something not very realistic to happen often, and I need it basically twice in one battle! Also, 4 clips are 4 reload times of 40-ish seconds, so I will need to hide 3 times (the first clip is loaded on battle start) which is like two minutes of doing nothing. That is a lot against tanks that you are facing (heavies/tds) in order to do 6k dmg.

I did my td-15's (55a and 260) in the JP E100. In my experience, you can wait a long time before yo uget that game where people come to you. You need to come to them. If only to win that 'race' against your own team.

Ceeb #20 Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:14 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 33142 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
I was lucky enough to do this in the STRV, great for the T55a, struggled for the 260, of which just got a few meds and heavies to do.

Also tagged with campaign, personal missions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users