• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

WoT_RU_Doing #21 Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58312 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

I did mine in the WT Pz IV on Glacier....http://wotreplays.eu/site/4284960

As people have said, the mission is very situational, reflected by the comments I wrote at the time I uplodaded the replay.... "Mostly camping around base, until we are left with the T95 and Arty to hunt down. By this point I know I've already got the 6k damage for the mission, but for honours I need the kill shots on the two remaining tanks. Unfortunately I missed a few great opportunities for additional shots in the battle, but this result pleases me :) "

My worry with the Foch is that you'll often be in your reload and miss the chance for the actual kill shots. That being said....I have actually done it in the Foch, but I didn't have the mission active....http://wotreplays.eu/site/3772573

*yes, both replays are mine, but I've changed my player name since.

Bora_BOOM #22 Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:53 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28855 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

Many opt for WT and Grille, which I understand. Turret and some speed make a difference.

I will probably try to do it in Foch for a while in a platoon to see if that gets me closer. In the meanwhile, I will choose what to grind: Jgdtiger / Jgpz E100 or T30.

I havent tried the WT line sadly, grinding up that line from the start and trying to do the mission in t9 and t10 might take the same amount of time as getting it in Foch by playing battles on daily basis.

It will be tough whatever tank I pick. As I thought, an epic stars alignment is what I need for a Foch. I might as well start herding goats for sacrificial purposes. :sceptic:

Hellfoxe #23 Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23951 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostBora_BOOM, on 13 September 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

Many opt for WT and Grille, which I understand. Turret and some speed make a difference.

I will probably try to do it in Foch for a while in a platoon to see if that gets me closer. In the meanwhile, I will choose what to grind: Jgdtiger / Jgpz E100 or T30.

I havent tried the WT line sadly, grinding up that line from the start and trying to do the mission in t9 and t10 might take the same amount of time as getting it in Foch by playing battles on daily basis.

It will be tough whatever tank I pick. As I thought, an epic stars alignment is what I need for a Foch. I might as well start herding goats for sacrificial purposes. :sceptic:

Not only because for turret and speed but als for they low profile with high camo skills it can be difficult to detect unless you go closer. I prefer now for the strv 103B for that mission. High dpm and camo which allow you long time before detection and bounce off shells.

Dava_117 #24 Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:59 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 22747 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBora_BOOM, on 13 September 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

T30 is a solid TD, but I don't think it's the best TD for this mission. The glacial reload will make you lose several killing blow.

Really, can't believe that T30 base reload is 21s!

T95, with infinite more armour and gun handling, has a base reload of 18.3s! 

Bora_BOOM #25 Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28855 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostDava_117, on 13 September 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

T30 is a solid TD, but I don't think it's the best TD for this mission. The glacial reload will make you lose several killing blow.

Really, can't believe that T30 base reload is 21s!

T95, with infinite more armour and gun handling, has a base reload of 18.3s! 

21 seconds... I might be better with waiting double that for a clip with Foch. 

TheJumpMaster #26 Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:27 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 50373 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I have the same problem for TD-15 Obj. 260 :(

NUKLEAR_SLUG #27 Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:15 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34294 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

Get some clan mates to help, it's what they're for, they can help track and lock stuff down for you while you kill it. It's not 'rigging' so long as you're still playing to win and aren't preventing others from playing the game, ramming/blocking them to steal kills etc.

JocMeister #28 Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:54 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28006 battles

View PostBora_BOOM, on 13 September 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

I am trying to do the 6k dmg, 5 kills and a win in Foch 155. That is the only tier X TD I have. I have SkorpG and Jagdpanter II grinding to Jgpz E100.

My biggest concern about doing this mission with a Foch is the 5 kills. The alpha is great, so 3 clips (9 shells) should be about it (or close to) 6k dmg. But let’s make it 4 clips. What that means is that in 12 shots I have to kill a tank with almost every other shell.

Now, I could snipe in the back and wait for kill-shots, but that will not make me do 6k dmg (and I hate camping and Foch is not exactly the best sniper out there). I need to be aggressive and fight versus tanks with lots of HP, which are the heavies or strong TDs. And there the long reload becomes a problem, and there is a slim chance I will be able to wait for kill shots.

I have managed a couple of solid games. Last night I had one 4k battle with only 2 kills and that was a decent fight. I am mentioning that battle cause both kills were with one clip cause 2 one-shot enemies attacked me when I had a full clip. I think that being able to unload a clip, do dmg with all 3 shells and kill 2 tanks with that, is something not very realistic to happen often, and I need it basically twice in one battle! Also, 4 clips are 4 reload times of 40-ish seconds, so I will need to hide 3 times (the first clip is loaded on battle start) which is like two minutes of doing nothing. That is a lot against tanks that you are facing (heavies/tds) in order to do 6k dmg.

So, what do you think? Is it reasonable to try it in Foch, how would you play it, tactics or game modes (encounter, assault, grand battles), or would you just grind for Jgpz E100? Is SkorpG the way (with my level of skill I doubt it)? Should I wait for like T30 that I am grinding to (tier 8 atm)? Lots of questions...

Why not try it in the Skorp if you struggle with it in the Foch? 5-6k games in the Skorp happens somewhat regularly. 

TungstenHitman #29 Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:04 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30651 battles
My Swedish TD's seemed to be reliable at both killing and damage dealing. My tier 9 bagged an 8k dmg battle and my tier 10 did whatever mission that T-55A is. You need luck too obviously, there's lots of maps you already know you'll do very well to just scrape 3k with while others the potential is very good. Stars align, both teams perfectly balanced with players who like to attack 1 at a time and teammates that don't like to do damage but still distract and stall the enemy tanks just long enough so you can farm all the sweet hp from within lol... it happens but its not ever battle obviously. 

splash_time #30 Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13192 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I've  done mine in Foch 155 with honour, 7.7k damage done, and 5 kills.

http://wotreplays.eu...amx_50_foch_155

Edited by splash_time, 13 September 2019 - 08:08 PM.

splash_time #31 Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13192 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 13 September 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

I have the same problem for TD-15 Obj. 260 :(

You need the death star or FV 4005 to complete it with honour.

Dava_117 #32 Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 22747 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBora_BOOM, on 13 September 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

21 seconds... I might be better with waiting double that for a clip with Foch. 

Indeed. And pimped out with vents, rammer and BiA it goes down to "just" a bit more than 19 seconds. 

As many said, probably a more reliable and high RoF gun is better, as allows to rack up kills more easily.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #33 Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:17 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

Two fantastic, and recent, replays for the Foch 155 and the E3...

Spoiler

I know Bora probably set his mind on using the Foch and that he doesn't have an E3 but this is really interesting. The Foch battle required very specific timing and some luck to succeed and achieve this excellent result.

The E3 battle is just go to the brawling corner and kill everything, so funny to watch. The guy blocked 7.6k damage just by staying hull down and playing decently. The Foch gun bloom was disgusting at the ranges he did at least half of his damage at.

Also tagged with campaign, personal missions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users