Missing shots

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

__Smoken__ #1 Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6084 battles
  • [M3RC] M3RC

Over the last few weeks I've seem many ppl yelling about shots that vanish, myself included.

I also am getting shots that go straight threw the target and nothing. I was blaming this part on lag and packet loss, it's not, it's something else.

I was playing 8am my time, its the laggest time of the day to play for me. I was winning and doing decent damage so kept playing. The shots were vanishing and a had a few go threw the tanks and nothing, like I was saying. The lag cleared up after a hour or so and played perfect but both problems are still there.

I do play with a 130 160 ping and 9k miles away from server. Since I play a lot , logged into NA with a 15  30 ping zero PL and no add ons. It wasn't as often but after playing 4 hours it was still happening there too.

I would note this all way back to main patch 1.6 but more noticeable since last three updates.

Anyone else have the shots going threw the center of target and nothing happening?

Homer_J #2 Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32461 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post__Smoken__, on 13 September 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

logged into NA with a 15  30 ping zero PL

The in game ping and packet loss counters are pretty unreliable.  Pull out your network connection and see.

4nt #3 Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29275 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 13 September 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

The in game ping and packet loss counters are pretty unreliable.  Pull out your network connection and see.

This. My STA just yesterday carried on twitching his turret and gun straight forward, with ping nice 50 and fps on ordinary 130.

My g4 had decided to skip few minutes of work time, killing our every connection. Reason- unknown. 

Note tho, if wifi has exsessive traffic, like Steam starting update etc, then the ping goes straight up to 400s and rubberbanding begins. So I wouldn't believe any ingame ping indicator at all (was funny when Blacklight had ping of over 999 but everything was smooth, at least on my end).

__Smoken__ #4 Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6084 battles
  • [M3RC] M3RC
 I don't use Wifi and use a ping tool. I always get some PL from playing on EU that's why I suck so bad here . It's not that, it just started a few weeks ago and is happening on NA server too.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72911 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Post__Smoken__, on 13 September 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

I do play with a 130 160 ping and 9k miles away from server.

Since most ghost shells are due to a delayed server reaction. And if you have that ping vs wheels going 80+. Then you will definitely see more of them. 

View Post__Smoken__, on 13 September 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

I don't use Wifi and use a ping tool. I always get some PL from playing on EU that's why I suck so bad here . It's not that, it just started a few weeks ago and is happening on NA server too.

Well if you have packet loss, then that is most likely the cause. As in the client shell is still just a visual delayed reaction to what the server says. And if you have lots of packet loss. Then that visual could even be wrong. Like you see it hit the target and go out behind it. When the server says it passed in front of it. So if you have a source of the loss via a trace or ping plotter, and it's not on the last points, as in the WG server. Then it's not due to the patch.

I had a similar issue a year ago. I could not play for a few weeks. The cause? A bad server giving me ping spikes on the way to WG. All I could do was wait it out.

Edited by Balc0ra, 13 September 2019 - 02:08 PM.

__Smoken__ #6 Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6084 battles
  • [M3RC] M3RC
Balc0ra  I know what your saying. My point is even with zero PL to server this is happening. The NA server is having the same problems, just with a lower ping , it's still playable. I have tri screens and can watch everything at once. If it was just happening on EU I would just stop playing here til it was fixed.

pecopad #7 Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29283 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Ping good but some weird behaviors here, like getting hit by tanks with the turret facing other places.

Also shooting one spot in tanks and hitting areas that I wasn't even aiming. 

Its only occasional, not game breaking but a bit annoying.

Also tagged with Missing shots

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users