Griefers and non team damage...

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Landsverk #1 Posted 14 September 2019 - 01:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 35554 battles

is a F******ING disaster... since team damage been removed... im either pushed, blocked or otherwise rendered impossible to help team from once or twice per week.. to about half a dozzen times per DAY!!!!

since u cant shoot griefers, griers know thay can simply make it impossible for someone, since u cant stop them.. biggest fastest most powerful griefer [edited]wins.. evry time...

i like to play TD's, especially slow ones, and often other assholes think that makes it there right to push you out so u fall or get killed by enemy.. this happens REALLY F****ING often lately..

reintroduce teamdamage and make it non punishable to shoot a griefer and u might solve this dam issue.. atleast it would be better than it currently is

and as for suppiort, reopening the same case over and over again only to get same dam copy and paste autoanswer... just close support and use saved money to actually improve gameplay..

ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spamhamstar #2 Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD

How do you think they'd know if you'd shot a griefer or just a team mate?  You certainly couldn't use a collision detection as I could just drive into you & then shoot you for free. 

malachi6 #3 Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:17 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles
Some random guy is playing and you decide to shoot him because he is griefing you.  Two issues strike me immediately.  Your point of view is just that and you have no real idea of what is in the mind of the person you were shooting.  The people you shot have no idea what is in your mind when you were doing it.  No lesson can be learned by either of you.  Your own behaviour is not beyond reproach yet, you expect better from those around you,

Mr_Burrows #4 Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:42 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 48715 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
My experience is the quite opposite. I have way less problems with my team now than I had before the change. Heck, people even try not to bump into each other leaving spawn, nowadays.

SuNo_TeSLa #5 Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48511 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH

Had my first real problem post-patch yesterday, some punk in a obj 257 found pushing me around a proper use of our time :mellow:

Only_Slightly_Bent #6 Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 26424 battles
  • [O_S_B] O_S_B
If you contact support, for physics abuse, with a replay, they *will* take action, so don't lie.

mjs_89 #7 Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8520 battles
  • [95137] 95137
The last 2 times I got pushed I sent "physics abuse" tickets to support and got both players banned. Idk what you're doing wrong but support has been doing a great job lately.

ChristOfTheAbyss #8 Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 251 battles

Just report them. I've gotten multiple people banned like it after the team damage change. They do look into it now far more.

BUT!! This is a quite a big but! They do NOT care allied arties shooting and stunning you. None of the arties that have shot me and even bragged about it in chat and in garage have gotten any punishment.

So, being pushed and blocked. Report it. Something will be done. Allied arties grief you, nothing can be done.

spamhamstar #9 Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:50 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD

View PostChristOfTheAbyss, on 14 September 2019 - 06:02 AM, said:

Just report them. I've gotten multiple people banned like it after the team damage change. They do look into it now far more.

BUT!! This is a quite a big but! They do NOT care allied arties shooting and stunning you. None of the arties that have shot me and even bragged about it in chat and in garage have gotten any punishment.

So, being pushed and blocked. Report it. Something will be done. Allied arties grief you, nothing can be done.

Playing arty is punishment enough.  They deserve our sympathy not our scorn.  Remember, you don't know what has happened in someones life that has led them to that point.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:56 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34085 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostLandsverk, on 14 September 2019 - 01:13 AM, said:

is a F******ING disaster... since team damage been removed... im either pushed, blocked or otherwise rendered impossible to help team from once or twice per week.. to about half a dozzen times per DAY!!!!

Doesn't happen to everyone else, so you are either lying and it happened once or you are doing something to cause it. 

Let's see a few of those replays. Shouldn't be hard if it's happening to you multiple times daily. 

8126Jakobsson #11 Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:37 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 78842 battles

View Postmalachi6, on 14 September 2019 - 04:17 AM, said:

Some random guy is playing and you decide to shoot him because he is griefing you.  Two issues strike me immediately.  Your point of view is just that and you have no real idea of what is in the mind of the person you were shooting.  The people you shot have no idea what is in your mind when you were doing it.  No lesson can be learned by either of you.  Your own behaviour is not beyond reproach yet, you expect better from those around you,

Not a fan of shooting greens regardless the situation but wouldn't it be safe to assume that it got started because of deliberate griefing rather than some "accidental pushing"? And even if the latter was the case then wouldn't it be safe to assume that the other player would understand why he got shot at by the one he just pushed? And that it wasn't appreciated? I agree with you that two wrongs don't make a right but I disagree strongly with the both are equally wrong stance that you have shown to hold in these kinds of topics. 

Long_Range_Sniper #12 Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37418 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostLandsverk, on 14 September 2019 - 12:13 AM, said:

since u cant shoot griefers, griers know thay can simply make it impossible for someone, since u cant stop them.. biggest fastest most powerful griefer [edited]wins.. evry time...

i like to play TD's, especially slow ones, and often other assholes think that makes it there right to push you out so u fall or get killed by enemy.. this happens REALLY F****ING often lately..

reintroduce teamdamage and make it non punishable to shoot a griefer and u might solve this dam issue.. atleast it would be better than it currently is

and as for suppiort, reopening the same case over and over again only to get same dam copy and paste autoanswer... just close support and use saved money to actually improve gameplay..

There appears to be a trend from TD players of a certain type reporting this phenomenon.

Back in the day it was arty getting team killed.

Now it seems to be TD guy who for some unfathomable reason doesn't seem to be getting the respect or response they feel they deserve from their teams.

Ceeb #13 Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:12 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32587 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostMr_Burrows, on 14 September 2019 - 05:42 AM, said:

My experience is the quite opposite. I have way less problems with my team now than I had before the change. Heck, people even try not to bump into each other leaving spawn, nowadays.

For once I agree :) 

Babbet_1 #14 Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13934 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You can still get Battle Buddy medals though. :hiding:

And I gained a High Caliber a few days ago, even though a team mate had done nearly twice as much damage as I had (Think he must have shot an ally, although obviously no damage was recorded.) Now how does that make any sense?  :sceptic:

Schepel #15 Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:22 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65859 battles

View PostOnly_Slightly_Bent, on 14 September 2019 - 06:47 AM, said:

If you contact support, for physics abuse, with a replay, they *will* take action, so don't lie.

No, they won't. Tried & tested: no action taken because it was 'only minor'. (Lost 90% of my hp, was pushed around for 20 seconds. Minor, indeed.)

Only_Slightly_Bent #16 Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 26424 battles
  • [O_S_B] O_S_B

View PostSchepel, on 14 September 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

No, they won't. Tried & tested: no action taken because it was 'only minor'. (Lost 90% of my hp, was pushed around for 20 seconds. Minor, indeed.)

Yes, they will. Tried & tested.

Bordhaw #17 Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:40 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

Team damage was stopped because of "players" like you.

ChristOfTheAbyss #18 Posted 14 September 2019 - 11:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 251 battles

View PostSchepel, on 14 September 2019 - 10:22 AM, said:

Worked 2 days ago for me the last time. 

Xandania #19 Posted 14 September 2019 - 11:18 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42798 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

It happens sometimes cause someone is inattentive - if it happens to you on a regular basis, you might want to search for the reason at your end

you can always reposition - and ideally leave positions to tanks most suited to it. Admittedly I've seen corners being contested by heavies from the same team with some trying to reverse sidescrape and others going out with their string hull first and it limited both kind of protection

I just hope you are not that guy that takes frontline-TDs and camps in the back....

And how should the algorithm find out who is a griefer? We basically had that system before the abandonment of friendly fire - it was abusable and it was abused - like any other system will be.

Support works well - as long as you send a replay and write civilly - noone will take a rant serious and for everyones benefit it will be closed.

Return to sender, mate :P

Dorander #20 Posted 14 September 2019 - 11:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostMr_Burrows, on 14 September 2019 - 05:42 AM, said:

It was inevitable that any kind of vitriolic behaviour towards other players regardless of whether it would've happened anyway because those people simply found it a reasonable response to push, was going to be interpreted as being caused by the absence of team damage by those who never liked the change to begin with.

Meanwhile people who actually are griefers are now finally getting punished because with the change support really seems to have stepped up on the physics abuse responses, where in the past such people would've simply shot the OP without turning blue as well as pushing him and support would've said "Nah, team damage system handles that."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users