Game won´t start - Help needed

Tech support tech support

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

serra11 #1 Posted 14 September 2019 - 02:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9063 battles
Hello o7, my name is serra and i would like some help here. I didn´t know where to post this, i hope posting this here is fine but i have a tech problem that i tried to fix with wargamming tech support but its useless i keep getting automated responses so i hope one blessed soul could help me here :D . So here is the problem, some weeks ago all wargamming games i played from the wargamming center thingy, both world of warships and world of tanks stopped working, i unistalled both games and the wargamming center and downloaded them again and the problem keeps ocurring. The problem is, when i click launch it doesn´t do anything, it says the game is launching but it dissapears after a second i used the task manager to see what was happening and the exe file appears there for a second too but it dissapears after one second too. Soooo i was hopping someone could help me with this, i can put here the crash report if anyone needs it. Waiting for messages helping a tanker in need o7
13:24 Added after 2 minute
Ah i forgot to say, all my drivers are up to date and this the report file (change the file to .wgc) and i hope you don´t mind it being from wows i unistalled wot to try to reinstall later.

Attached Files

• Attached File   WoWS_report.zip   225.24K

Edited by serra11, 14 September 2019 - 02:27 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 14 September 2019 - 02:27 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

Try running "Check and Repair" in the game center before launching the game. You can also try to run the game from 'worldoftanks.exe' directly without using the center.

serra11 #3 Posted 14 September 2019 - 02:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9063 battles
Tried both, the repair says everything is fine, and launching the game directly does the same. The game is allowed trought the firewall and the antivirus.

fwhaatpiraat #4 Posted 14 September 2019 - 02:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 59363 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Running any mods?

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24348 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

Download 'WGCheck_EU'......(this is not the same as the file checker in the 'Game Center'.)

It will give you a zip file to your desktop, which you will unzip and run following these instructions..... https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10248/ (the link to the WGCheck_EU download is listed beside the No. 1,first link only, or use the links I've provided if unsure) Once you run the 'Check'...you can then run 'Recovery' option to replace any corrupt files.

Hope this helps.

serra11 #6 Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9063 battles
Nope no mods
14:03 Added after 0 minute

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 14 September 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

Download 'WGCheck_EU'......(this is not the same as the file checker in the 'Game Center'.)

It will give you a zip file to your desktop, which you will unzip and run following these instructions..... https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10248/ (the link to the WGCheck_EU download is listed beside the No. 1,first link only, or use the links I've provided if unsure) Once you run the 'Check'...you can then run 'Recovery' option to replace any corrupt files.

Hope this helps.

Yeah that is what i used to get that report file but i don´t see any option to replace currupt files

14:13 Added after 10 minute

https://ibb.co/4d4kq8b

This are the only things that give a error but i don´t know how to fix them (the part in portuguese says "couldn´t locate the especified file"

Edited by serra11, 14 September 2019 - 03:14 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9162 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Have you tried contacting support about it?

serra11 #8 Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9063 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 14 September 2019 - 04:25 PM, said:

Have you tried contacting support about it?

yup i only get automated responses

AngryCombatWombat #9 Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:04 PM

• 4286 battles
Topic moved to Tech Corner. 

BravelyRanAway #10 Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24348 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postserra11, on 14 September 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

Yeah that is what i used to get that report file but i don´t see any option to replace currupt files

14:13 Added after 10 minute

https://ibb.co/4d4kq8b

This are the only things that give a error but i don´t know how to fix them (the part in portuguese says "couldn´t locate the especified file"

I've never had to use the checker on WoT as I've never had very bad issues with it.

But I have had to use it in WoWP's which must be the buggiest game ever to be thrown at gamers. In fact I've spent many hours trying sort WoWP's out before I got it to run OK for the most part.

You could try running WoT in compatibility mode for Windows 7, which might help.

Failing that, you could try using the old launcher to download and launch the game....link to a file containing the old launcher is here... http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/598028-old-installer-no-wgc-launcher-i-got-it-for-you/

Also make sure that your main graphics card hasn't reverted to the on-board integrated Intel graphics as that can cause the game to launch and then disappear.

I also found this, not sure if it will help.....but nothing to lose.....

Try this: 1 - Go to folder where you have installed WoT for CT

2 - Look for the followng sub-folder: res/scripts/client

3 - Delete (or better move to a folder outside the game folders) the following files: clientfortmgr.pyc clientunit.pyc clientunitmgr.pyc

pbl987 #11 Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19384 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 14 September 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

3 - Delete (or better move to a folder outside the game folders) the following files: clientfortmgr.pyc clientunit.pyc clientunitmgr.pyc

I cannot find files named like that. :-(

serra11 #12 Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9063 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 14 September 2019 - 05:32 PM, said:

I've never had to use the checker on WoT as I've never had very bad issues with it.

But I have had to use it in WoWP's which must be the buggiest game ever to be thrown at gamers. In fact I've spent many hours trying sort WoWP's out before I got it to run OK for the most part.

You could try running WoT in compatibility mode for Windows 7, which might help.

Failing that, you could try using the old launcher to download and launch the game....link to a file containing the old launcher is here... http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/598028-old-installer-no-wgc-launcher-i-got-it-for-you/

Also make sure that your main graphics card hasn't reverted to the on-board integrated Intel graphics as that can cause the game to launch and then disappear.

i will try that and i´ll get back to ya

BravelyRanAway #13 Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24348 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postpbl987, on 14 September 2019 - 08:55 PM, said:

I cannot find files named like that. :-(

Yeah, sorry.....it was an old fix that was used prior to the launch of Update 1.0.

Will look for another.

I also was trying to remember an old issue which caused me to have problems and it involved my Windows missing a file to play certain games.....this is the file (Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1) that was missing... https://www.microsof...xg0bixc6um3zc00)

There are some other options to try here.... https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/19180/

Edited by BravelyRanAway, 14 September 2019 - 11:05 PM.

Also tagged with Tech support, tech support

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users