WTF Seriously Unimpressed

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

geoff99 #1 Posted 14 September 2019 - 02:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42487 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

After waiting for months, I'm very annoyed that the consumables discount is only 25%. AFAIK they've offered periodic 50% discounts since the start of time.

I can't really understand the logic for doing this. As I see it, it'll eff off experienced players who stock up premium consumables in advance, but won't make people spend more cash. So net result to WG is no change in profit and but an increase in unhappy customers.

It would be nice if someone from WG could respond to this thread and a. acknowledge that the change in consumables discount annoys people and b. explain why WG are doing it.

I understand I may be waiting for some time...

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 14 September 2019 - 02:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles
Can i partially answer that or do you prefer to wait for WG staff? :)

Dorander #3 Posted 14 September 2019 - 02:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 14 September 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

You can answer 25% of it :hiding:

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:01 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostDorander, on 14 September 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

You can answer 25% of it :hiding:

I wasn't really asking you. Have a nice evening though. ;)

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 14 September 2019 - 09:40 PM.

8126Jakobsson #5 Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:03 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 78586 battles

They had their usual Monday meeting and came to the point "How do we make more money".

One guy raised his hand and presented his idea of cutting the consumable discount down to 25%.

The proposal was approved and they had coffee.  

xx984 #6 Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:23 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 63761 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

I understand before its been 50%.. But 25% is still better than normal price. And realistically speaking they don't have to give any discount? And in my honest opinion anyone complaining about any discount should stop being so entitled.

WG should also have the option to remove the discount for specific people so that anyone complaining about it clearly doesn't want it :hiding:

STRAPATONI #7 Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26831 battles
  • [IRONR] IRONR

they cant help themselves. just as it ! how they are not even shame to give it again. like it gonna be routine from now.

but i will explaine it very easy, first they thought gold will make them force the players to blow their bank account, but it didnt heppened well, then they realized they have made a mistake, gold doesnt run the world,,,,,,its the money that runs it. so they find it too late, but find it! credits is what we the players are looking for here in this game. and not gold. we the players can run without gold, but without credits  its hard.......so like every bank in the world,,,,they are doing it the hard way for us.

you want more credits? do a resupply of prem account. bcz prem tanks you buy once,,,,prem account is tiktok.

they just cant help themselves.

8126Jakobsson #8 Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 78586 battles

View Postxx984, on 14 September 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

I understand before its been 50%.. But 25% is still better than normal price. And realistically speaking they don't have to give any discount? And in my honest opinion anyone complaining about any discount should stop being so entitled.

WG should also have the option to remove the discount for specific people so that anyone complaining about it clearly doesn't want it :hiding:

It's not like they had a set standard and then after 7 years or so cut it in half. Damn entitled customers reacting to such a change which hurts their economy. But hey it's better than nothing. 

Robbie_T #9 Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20141 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postgeoff99, on 14 September 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

After waiting for months, I'm very annoyed that the consumables discount is only 25%. AFAIK they've offered periodic 50% discounts since the start of time.

I can't really understand the logic for doing this. As I see it, it'll eff off experienced players who stock up premium consumables in advance, but won't make people spend more cash. So net result to WG is no change in profit and but an increase in unhappy customers.

It would be nice if someone from WG could respond to this thread and a. acknowledge that the change in consumables discount annoys people and b. explain why WG are doing it.

I can explain ....theres to much silvercredits in the game...

Especially since FL came out ......so this is another measure to get the silvercredits down .

Edited by Robbie_T, 14 September 2019 - 04:05 PM.

geoff99 #10 Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42487 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 14 September 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

Yes please.

View Postxx984, on 14 September 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Indeed. They don't have to do anything, it's their game. But this feels more like a community than just a game. I've played WoT for 7 years and spent lots of money on it. I post on the forum occasionally. I follow WoT news stories online.It's become part of what I do (make of that what you will). No other game has come close to this. So I feel annoyed when there are significant detrimental changes to the gameplay or economy which affect me.

I thought I was just expressing an opinion rather than being entitled. Can you explain the difference?

View PostSTRAPATONI, on 14 September 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

they cant help themselves. just as it ! how they are not even shame to give it again. like it gonna be routine from now.

but i will explaine it very easy, first they thought gold will make them force the players to blow their bank account, but it didnt heppened well, then they realized they have made a mistake, gold doesnt run the world,,,,,,its the money that runs it. so they find it too late, but find it! credits is what we the players are looking for here in this game. and not gold. we the players can run without gold, but without credits  its hard.......so like every bank in the world,,,,they are doing it the hard way for us.

you want more credits? do a resupply of prem account. bcz prem tanks you buy once,,,,prem account is tiktok.

they just cant help themselves.

I tend to play with premium account all the time so the reduction in consumable discount won't make me spend more, it just means I have to spend more time grinding credits. Which is a drag. But I take your point that people who have a premium account sometimes but not all of the time, may feel they need to buy more premium time to make more credits. But are they the people who stock up a lot on premium consumables, who will be affected by the reduced discount?

Edited by geoff99, 14 September 2019 - 04:11 PM.

xx984 #11 Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:18 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 63761 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 14 September 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

It's not like they had a set standard and then after 7 years or so cut it in half. Damn entitled customers reacting to such a change which hurts their economy. But hey it's better than nothing. 

they never had to do any discount. 

I can understand people preferring 50%.. obviously, or wanting a 50% again. But where i draw the line and categorise people as entitled is when they actively complain about it on the forums, want a response from WG etc. That doesn't just go for a discount such as this. But also those people at the moment complaining about the free gift progetto not giving 2 mil compensation and only giving 1 mil, as an example. 

And it somewhat makes sense do start doing 25% instead of 50%.. Credits are easier to get than they ever have been, With FL every month, Reserve stock, Surplus of credit boosters from Homefront. Even the free to play players have good tier 8 premiums from Marathons. And while some of the above isn't completely new. The affects of all those wont be seen straight away. 

Frostilicus #12 Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:21 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23551 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

View Postxx984, on 14 September 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

they never had to do any discount. 

I can understand people preferring 50%.. obviously, or wanting a 50% again. But where i draw the line and categorise people as entitled is when they actively complain about it on the forums, want a response from WG etc. That doesn't just go for a discount such as this. But also those people at the moment complaining about the free gift progetto not giving 2 mil compensation and only giving 1 mil, as an example. 

And it somewhat makes sense do start doing 25% instead of 50%.. Credits are easier to get than they ever have been, With FL every month, Reserve stock, Surplus of credit boosters from Homefront. Even the free to play players have good tier 8 premiums from Marathons. And while some of the above isn't completely new. The affects of all those wont be seen straight away. 

Yup, agree with you entirely - shitpoasts like this by the OP are why EU is classed as Drama Queen server...

Edited by Frostilicus, 14 September 2019 - 04:21 PM.

xx984 #13 Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:28 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 63761 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

View Postgeoff99, on 14 September 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

Indeed. They don't have to do anything, it's their game. But this feels more like a community than just a game. I've played WoT for 7 years and spent lots of money on it. I post on the forum occasionally. I follow WoT news stories online.It's become part of what I do (make of that what you will). No other game has come close to this. So I feel annoyed when there are significant detrimental changes to the gameplay or economy which affect me.

I thought I was just expressing an opinion rather than being entitled. Can you explain the difference?

Sure you're expressing your opinion.

But your opinion, On the surface for me just seems very entitled. Just for the fact that you are complaining, wanting a response from WG about something which still benefits you at the end of the day. 

And as i said in my previous post.. 50% Wouldn't make any sense right now. With so many credits going about, 25% will pretty much have the same affect as a 50% discount a year ago.. 

ChristOfTheAbyss #14 Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 251 battles

View PostFrostilicus, on 14 September 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

Yup, agree with you entirely - shitpoasts like this by the OP are why EU is classed as Drama Queen server...

100% sure the same posts exist in every servers forums.

Neodymium9 #15 Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19089 battles

View Postgeoff99, on 14 September 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

The answer is simple,they want you to buy a premium account to offset the costs.

8126Jakobsson #16 Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:36 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 78586 battles
Just for the record: I for one am super grateful of everything that our generous game provider is offering us. Sure it would be nice if my spendings on this charity would be tax deductible but it is what it is. Cheeky smiley face. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #17 Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View Postgeoff99, on 14 September 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

Yes please.

• FL pumped too much credits into the system.
  • Summer, summer offers and events are for retention (and experimentation) as the bulk of the player base aren't very active.
  • Soon we will have the 50% discounts back as usual. October, November, December and January are the staging area for next year.
  • Making offers or launching important stuff (updates, new lines, new premiums, etc.) off season isn't ideal.

These are my thoughts or my personal opinion on the matter. Now please don't shoot! :arta:

Balc0ra #18 Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72692 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postxx984, on 14 September 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

Oh sure, it's better than nothing regardless. But 25% is not giving me the incentive to mass purchase like I did before to stack up. Then again merits etc drops food etc at random as is, so it's not like I'm running low on some lesser used items to panic about it either.

And if WG wanted us to spend more due to the FL economic boost vs the 50% the past 7 years. This is arguably the least effective way to drain most. As if it goes back to 50% for the end of the year sale. That could simply be it. If not... well then it could simply be other reasons for it.

Edited by Balc0ra, 14 September 2019 - 05:03 PM.

WilhelmII #19 Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35764 battles
  • [AT2] AT2

View Postxx984, on 14 September 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

My you are easily pleased by a bluff discount, it has always been discounted by 50% in the past ever since I started playing 8.5 years ago, pulling a stunt like this should more indicate their complacency as well as what they really think of their loyal players, they screw us when ever they can.

Don't be fooled by anything given during this Gamescom period, it has been the worst ever, Prize of cam with last years date on it (What is that all about?? it's 2019), emblems, nothing realistic or like the ones already available to put on your tanks, No just a pair of idiot dog tags, inscriptions are the same, all saying Tank Festival.

I would never put this rubbish on any of my tanks, these prizes are similar to the type of rubbish passed out in the CCCP period, that and thin soup which is about on par with these garbage prizes, all that time spent playing only to receive something as poor as what we were given as prizes, I do not include consumables in my rant as these have been good, I talk purely on the Gamescom prizes.

Regarding your last comment if WG did that they would shoot themselves in the foot, remembering they need us more than we need them, especially now that Warthunder has introduced the likes of night vision capabilities, giving a new dimension of night time Battling.

Edited by WilhelmII, 14 September 2019 - 05:18 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #20 Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34076 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

The reason is simple, the economy is drowning in credits which is the other reason why everyone fires gold at everything, because they can afford to. There's been far too much credit income up to now and it needs to get nerfed, so this is how they're doing it.

You should be happy you get given any discount at all, they don't have to do it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users