Jump to content


Finnaly - XVM relic from the past ?

XVM

  • Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

OrtegaSLO #1 Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:06 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43189 battles
  • 333
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011

So WG at WGFest announced that they will add anonymizer into the game. So you will get a random name and XVM will be unable to show the statistic for you.

I like the idea, because now you get targeted a lot if you are a good player.

 

 

Well done WG!



Bulldog_Drummond #2 Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33393 battles
  • 10,598
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostOrtegaSLO, on 15 September 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

So WG at WGFest announced that they will add anonymizer into the game. So you will get a random name and XVM will be unable to show the statistic for you.

I like the idea, because now you get targeted a lot if you are a good player.

 

 

Well done WG!

 

As I bad player myself, I cannot help but think that this is a retrograde step.



Codename_Jelly #3 Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:15 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 17719 battles
  • 5,299
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013
Until people start targeting those that hide their stats as a priority :D

Etre_ #4 Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:33 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 60924 battles
  • 1,520
  • [GTD] GTD
  • Member since:
    04-21-2014

View PostOrtegaSLO, on 15 September 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

So WG at WGFest announced that they will add anonymizer into the game. So you will get a random name and XVM will be unable to show the statistic for you.

I like the idea, because now you get targeted a lot if you are a good player.

 

 

Well done WG!

 

 

You are average (for someone who played this game for more than a few months). No one is targeting you.

 

If statistics get removed why play this game ? 
Why not play Avakin Life or some other mmo school kids play on their phones. You get to move around shinny pixels and admire you character.

 

I'm tired of this BS. Everyone wants to [edited]hand flowers and sing kumbaya. You are in the wrong game dude. 



OrtegaSLO #5 Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:38 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43189 battles
  • 333
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011

View PostEtre_, on 15 September 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

 

 

You are average (for someone who played this game for more than a few months). No one is targeting you.

 

If statistics get removed why play this game ? 
Why not play Avakin Life or some other mmo school kids play on their phones. You get to move around shinny pixels and admire you character.

 

I'm tired of this BS. Everyone wants to [edited]hand flowers and sing kumbaya. You are in the wrong game dude. 

I dont use any mods :)

until recently I also had chat disabled.

I get targeted alot becouse of XVM. So I hate it.

Try to play the game without mods and chat. Its relaxing :P



XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:43 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,616
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

Let me add this to clear things a bit...

 

Block Quote

The anonymizer is a tool that conceals a player's real username in battle. This feature was announced at last year's WG Fest, and is important to our players. The main task of the anonymizer is to maintain a certain privacy in game, and the tool we’re currently working on can solve this issue.

 

We had several ideas of how the anonymizer should work in World of Tanks, but the most fitting concept for players would be that the player should be anonymous only during battles.

 

How does it work? You select an option in the game settings and activate the anonymizer. The game generates a random username in each battle. It's not a random string of symbols, but a word that more or less makes sense, so other players won't even notice that you have the anonymizer turned on. They will only realize it after the battle when they want to see your battle statistics.

 

The anonymizer will let many players feel more comfortable in battle. There will be less “social pressure”, and you’ll be able to play your favorite game in peace.

 

So your beloved stats are still there, just hidden during the battle. Your name when you enable this feature isn't just a randomly generated code.



burbage1 #7 Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:51 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1037 battles
  • 129
  • Member since:
    09-09-2017
Good.

mateyflip #8 Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:52 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36842 battles
  • 485
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View PostOrtegaSLO, on 15 September 2019 - 04:06 

I like the idea, because now you get targeted a lot if you are a good player.

 

 

Well done WG!

 

 

I'm safe ,  I should never be targeted lol



_AchmetSchachbrett_ #9 Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 868 battles
  • 987
  • [-ST_] -ST_
  • Member since:
    02-25-2014
so stats are only hidden during the battle but you can still view their stats normally in the battle results?

Etre_ #10 Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:15 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 60924 battles
  • 1,520
  • [GTD] GTD
  • Member since:
    04-21-2014

View PostOrtegaSLO, on 15 September 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

I dont use any mods :)

until recently I also had chat disabled.

I get targeted alot becouse of XVM. So I hate it.

Try to play the game without mods and chat. Its relaxing :P

 

You get targeted because you are staying in same place. 

Saying you don't have mods when no one said anything about mods (beside XVM). Ok, you can keep your cheats, no one knows, you are safe. 


Edited by Etre_, 15 September 2019 - 06:16 PM.


Richthoffen #11 Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:17 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 30345 battles
  • 2,609
  • [MS-] MS-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011
yes this has really priority over balancing the game.. help the crybabies and special snowflakes

UrQuan #12 Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:42 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21398 battles
  • 7,223
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

Not sure how this will help against XVM; If it can't pull data from a name, it will show no data so people know that that person is using the anomalizer function. Seems to me a reason to focus that person?

Don't use XVM (or any other mods beside the festive skin mods) myself. I choose targets based on how dangerous they are during battle & their actions in the match.

 

Doubt it'll do much, can only see a benefit if it gets used en masse, as that will annoy the folks that use XVM to focus on stat-people. Doubt it'll do much about stat-shaming, as people will just fabricate their own truths then: 'guy hides stats? must be tomato/elitist purple!' based on what he needs to rage at.

 

For me not much will change, if you use the anomalizer & I still focus you hard? Congratulations, I marked you as the most dangerous threat I can shoot at! Shouldn't have played so well if you don't like being my focus.

 

 



OrtegaSLO #13 Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:42 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43189 battles
  • 333
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011

View PostEtre_, on 15 September 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

 

You get targeted because you are staying in same place. 

Saying you don't have mods when no one said anything about mods (beside XVM). Ok, you can keep your cheats, no one knows, you are safe. 

soi XVM isnt a mod. Its a part of the game ?????

And you clearly did not see me in a battle. 

 

So you just making things up so that they fit into your answers ?
Are you politician ?

 

 


 



XxKuzkina_MatxX #14 Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:47 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,616
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostUrQuan, on 15 September 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

Not sure how this will help against XVM; If it can't pull data from a name, it will show no data so people know that that person is using the anomalizer function. Seems to me a reason to focus that person?

Don't use XVM (or any other mods beside the festive skin mods) myself. I choose targets based on how dangerous they are during battle & their actions in the match.

 

Doubt it'll do much, can only see a benefit if it gets used en masse, as that will annoy the folks that use XVM to focus on stat-people. Doubt it'll do much about stat-shaming, as people will just fabricate their own truths then: 'guy hides stats? must be tomato/elitist purple!' based on what he needs to rage at.

 

For me not much will change, if you use the anomalizer & I still focus you hard? Congratulations, I marked you as the most dangerous threat I can shoot at! Shouldn't have played so well if you don't like being my focus.

 

If i understood the announcement correctly, it's a free to use feature which means that you could end up with 30 players in 2 teams all anonymous. So basically XVM is dead in the water.



Etre_ #15 Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:47 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 60924 battles
  • 1,520
  • [GTD] GTD
  • Member since:
    04-21-2014

View PostOrtegaSLO, on 15 September 2019 - 06:42 PM, said:

 

And you clearly did not see me in a battle. 

 

 

Clearly did not (not that I missed on something). And that proves ? 

 

Edit: BTW, on the whole anonymity thing. We are already using nicknames and not our real names. Using nicknames to hide nicknames has to be the dumbest crap I ever heard 


Edited by Etre_, 15 September 2019 - 06:56 PM.


UrQuan #16 Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:00 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21398 battles
  • 7,223
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 15 September 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

 

If i understood the announcement correctly, it's a free to use feature which means that you could end up with 30 players in 2 teams all anonymous. So basically XVM is dead in the water.

 

29* if I'm in it, because I won't hide my stats & if there's XVM users that shoot by stats they'll single me out then, the way I like it. More shooting me, less shooting my teammates.



Ceeb #17 Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:03 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 32730 battles
  • 6,254
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011
I can just see all the bad players flocking to the forums saying "bring XVM back. I'm being focused"

XxKuzkina_MatxX #18 Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:06 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,616
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostUrQuan, on 15 September 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

29* if I'm in it, because I won't hide my stats & if there's XVM users that shoot by stats they'll single me out then, the way I like it. More shooting me, less shooting my teammates.

 

Yeah sure but now hopefully you've a better understanding of "how this will help against XVM" which was the point i was addressing in your post.



24doom24 #19 Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8571 battles
  • 528
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

So basically targeting players with hidden stats is the new strat. GG wp WG.

 

The only solution is to hide everyone's stats automatically.



Schepel #20 Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:23 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 65859 battles
  • 3,740
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013

So, basically, the only way to pick out actual bot users is going to be disabled.

 

I am sure WG will love it when people won't directly notice when their absolute failure to track and ban bots is no longer that painfully obvious.







Also tagged with XVM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users