191 replies to this topic

Ceeb #101 Posted 16 September 2019 - 07:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 33264 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View Postchainreact0r, on 16 September 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

That's a good thing actually. 

I've had many battles, especially in the 279 and chieftain (which the anonymizer won't change, unfortunately), where people refuse to fight, and just go on another flank, turn 180 and kill themselves while trying to run away, and even load up HE at the start of the game in autoloaders just cause i'm on the enemy team.

They also play extremely passively, where they just fire a couple of shot in a game and then hide and camp for the rest of the time, which is fine if you are a 1k average potato, but the problem is that they drag me into their mediocrity by an arguably "cowardly" attitude, since i will either have to camp them out and waste my time, drive to another flank and waste time or yolo into their pathetically set up ambush and waste hp and potentially my life.

These examples seem exaggerated, even though they are not, because everybody can see the tank and apply these scummy tactics. However, if i were to play a tech tree tank, i would only be bothered by the people with XVM which are few and far between, and usually arty anyway, so the impact this anonymizer will have will be very small for the average joe in my opinion. It has the potential to be very useful for streamers, but that's pretty much it.

Wait, what?  what do you mean unfortunately ? Personally, I have nothing to compete with (apart from the SC which I'm rarely in) So damn right I'll move flanks when I see a 279 or a Chieftain.  In every game I've watchedon stream the less (normal/ none reward tank has came off worse).   Do you want the anonymizer to create a blank tank to hide the 279 or chieftain. 

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #102 Posted 16 September 2019 - 07:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4060 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostDragos_CS, on 15 September 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

All the comments from the salty XVM bots in this thread are almost as soothing as the feature itself.

True .

CmdRatScabies #103 Posted 16 September 2019 - 07:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postburbage1, on 16 September 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

WG can still show you anyone you have blacklisted, even if they are otherwise anonymised, 

How long before someone mods an extended purple "blacklist".  

Pansenmann #104 Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36455 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
it's 2019 and certain people still can't make the distinction between the XVM mod framework and ingame stats.

chainreact0r #105 Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34988 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostCeeb, on 16 September 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

Do you want the anonymizer to create a blank tank to hide the 279 or chieftain. 

Ofc i'm not saying that, it would be stupid.

What i'm saying is that the anonymizer could help good players not be xvm focused(if they implement it right), but they obviously can't do anything against people treating 279es and chieftains differently. 

The truth is that if you have some brains and 330 pen on gold, you can quite easily deal with those tanks in theory(against chieftain you don't even need gold, since for every pennable spot, AP will do the job). The problem is that the tanks are driven by good players who would outplay the average ones in any tank, so they just assume they can't do anything against the tank, when in reality they are not skilled enough to deal with the player. That is what frustrates me.

Jumping_Turtle #106 Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:53 PM

General

• Player
  • 70783 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostThinGun, on 16 September 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

It may well go some way to proving or disproving the theory that XVM makes a toxic environment.

The ones asking for xvm removal dont care about toxicity. They only want it to be easier for themself and use the toxicity as another reason and to make their request more sympathic. But basicly it is one big cry from those 55+ winrates that there is something they cant control with their skill and it needs to be removed

Dragos_CS #107 Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 23196 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 16 September 2019 - 09:53 PM, said:

The ones asking for xvm removal dont care about toxicity. They only want it to be easier for themself and use the toxicity as another reason and to make their request more sympathic. But basicly it is one big cry from those 55+ winrates that there is something they cant control with their skill and it needs to be removed

Of course, why should bobs like you know who to focus based on private stats?

Jumping_Turtle #108 Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:14 PM

General

• Player
  • 70783 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostDragos_CS, on 16 September 2019 - 10:02 PM, said:

Of course, why should bobs like you know who to focus based on private stats?

of course 63% isnt high enough. game must be made easier for you

KingMarkQQ #109 Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15059 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 16 September 2019 - 09:14 PM, said:

of course 63% isnt high enough. game must be made easier for you

XVM dosent create a level playing field. I dont care if some people use it, but I most certainly wan't to have a say on the fact that my name has a colour in a 3rd party mod. 

You confirm it yourself - XVM is used for targeting better players... how exactly is that a good thing? How is it okay that certain players have to deal with arty, or yolos, or other toxic behavior far more often than players who happen to have a worse colour in XVM?

Dragos has a 63% wr because hes good at the game.. i fail to see why he should suffer the consequence of a 3rd party mod. 

Must be easy to be a plateaued 51%'er .. maybe a pintch of bitterness too. Try padding some more t67 and e25 like you have. Maybe in 200k games you'll what we're talking about. 

Edited by KingMarkQQ_TheToxicFak, 16 September 2019 - 10:32 PM.

Jumping_Turtle #110 Posted 16 September 2019 - 11:21 PM

General

• Player
  • 70783 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostKingMarkQQ_TheToxicFak, on 16 September 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

Maybe in 200k games you'll what we're talking about. 

I know what you are talking about. Have a 59% acount myself, but find all this xvm focus highly overrated and it just doesnt happen as much as most would likle everybody to believe. and when players like Hundewust tell us on the forum all that focus isnt that bad and doesnt worry him much than it comes to one big whine to me, just because there is something you cant control with your skill, but still have over 60% winrate.

But as I said earlier, I am all fine with them removing the ingame stats. I use it one one PC and play without it on the other, and I could get used to it. Will make the game a bit less fun for me since I like stats and think it is nice to see what the teams are made of.  But what I certainly do not like is the anonimizer and thats just a part of the solution they have chosen after a lot of the already better players just want the game to be easier for them. And after all, that is just what they want. You can call it whatever you want, but in the end you want, and it will be easier for you. And just you boys at the top since everybody else will not have any profit from it.

22:23 Added after 2 minute

View PostKingMarkQQ_TheToxicFak, on 16 September 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

You confirm it yourself - XVM is used for targeting better players... how exactly is that a good thing?

If you really want my honest opinion about this. have no proof for it, but it is something I believe.

I believe that XVM with the ingame stats has been used as a balancing factor by wargaming all these years.

spamhamstar #111 Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:32 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 16 September 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

I know what you are talking about. Have a 59% acount myself, but find all this xvm focus highly overrated and it just doesnt happen as much as most would likle everybody to believe. and when players like Hundewust tell us on the forum all that focus isnt that bad and doesnt worry him much than it comes to one big whine to me, just because there is something you cant control with your skill, but still have over 60% winrate.

But as I said earlier, I am all fine with them removing the ingame stats. I use it one one PC and play without it on the other, and I could get used to it. Will make the game a bit less fun for me since I like stats and think it is nice to see what the teams are made of.  But what I certainly do not like is the anonimizer and thats just a part of the solution they have chosen after a lot of the already better players just want the game to be easier for them. And after all, that is just what they want. You can call it whatever you want, but in the end you want, and it will be easier for you. And just you boys at the top since everybody else will not have any profit from it.

If you really want my honest opinion about this. have no proof for it, but it is something I believe.

I believe that XVM with the ingame stats has been used as a balancing factor by wargaming all these years.

Why is you think only unicums would benefit from hidden stats or the removal of xvm stats altogether?  That seems to completely ignore situations where the whole team loses out because xvm has declared the game a loss at the beginning & you suddenly find some players aren't playing or have suicided.  What about the tomato player at tier x who is relentlessly stat shamed, trolled, or previously even killed by their own team at the start of battle, not for being good, but for being bad?  Would they not get some benefit from avoiding that?

I also have 2 accounts.  A reroll account with a 64% win rate & this account with a 53% win rate  Would you care to guess which account gets focused more despite it being the same person playing both? So saying it punishes better players is simply not true if it punishes the same player more, simply for appearing to have a better win rate and/or wn8.

Why on earth would WG need to use xvm as a balancing factor when they have access to far more stats than those publicly release & therefore available to the stats part of xvm or other mods?  Why would they judge the value of individual scouts while completely ignoring their relative ability to actually scout for example?  There is probably a very good reason why you have no proof of this.  WG state that the mm does not take skill into account & all evidence seems to suggest that is the case, your beliefs aside.  Do you think mm is better or worse for my 2nd account with the 64% win rate?

Edited by spamhamstar, 17 September 2019 - 12:33 AM.

Dragos_CS #112 Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:15 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23196 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 16 September 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

An account with 59% ?

Let me guess, average tier 5.2 , the usual suspects will be the most played tanks?

Do you also support kicking people in the shin when they take too much of a lead in races? Thats XVM sniping pretty much.

The game has enough "equalizers" already in the game in the shape of RNG and every player accounting for only 3.3% of a game. There is no need to add a 3rd party griefing tool to that.

To have ~65% WR be considered best of the best says a lot about the game in comparison to other multiplayer titles where much more than that is possible.

If anything, youre the one afraid to lose a couple more games because the incognito purple didnt bleed three quarters of his hp to arty and yolo autism.

Lil_Dimitry #113 Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2319 battles
  • [URMUM] URMUM

You need to understand that the guy has a copy pasta he posts on the forum everytime he kills someone he knows from the forum or a streamer, uses xvm, says xvm focus is a myth.

That's the person you're arguing with @KoD and Dragos :)

Edited by Lil_Dimitry, 17 September 2019 - 12:42 PM.

KingMarkQQ #114 Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15059 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostLil_Dimitry, on 17 September 2019 - 11:34 AM, said:

You need to understand that the guy has a copy pasta he posts on the forum everytime he kills someone he knows from the forum or a streamer, uses xvm, says xvm focus is a myth.

That's the person you're arguing with @KoD and Dragos :)

Unsurprising really. 

Claiming good players aren't focused, yet boasts about having killed them. 

The hypocrisy is so clear. Its the same with arty players having XVM installed, and claiming they dont use it when targeting players. Tell me again, what do you use it for then?

Very easy to sit on a high horse in a thread like this, calling good players all sorts, but reality is, good players see it happen again and again. 

TheDrownedApe #115 Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50367 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

I suppose I should have my say about XVM.

I use it, why? it shows me who I should be wary of and who I can exploit using my better skill (most of the time) and that's about it. Yes there are the little bonuses it provides such as seeing decent players in lights and thinking they are going to try aggressive early spotting or those tanks which (using XVM) are likely to be out of position or over commit etc

Do I think it gives me advantage - yes, hence why I use it.  Do I care about it being banned or becoming useless in-game - no, I will just carry on without it.

OK lets talk about XVM focus. The first thing I do at the start is see if the En arty has XVM, If they do then I'm wary and might not be as aggressive early on. Now I'm not saying anyone will focus me due to my clan tag or colour but they might and I want to mitigate that (this might be detrimental to my game but I'm willing to take this precaution).

Then we have the other type of focus; the normal in-game "shoot the good player" attitude. I play tiers 5-10 regularly and you can see who's using XVM and I reckon that 40-50% of players use it. I've never checked if those who use XVM focus me more than non-users but I suspect they might. Now I'm not talking about every game, or every other game but there are occasions where I've thought "why did they shoot me instead of him". So why did they shoot me?

Low health - get rid of a gun

Higher tier - more exp

Higher tier - more dangerous tank

More armour

More mobile

Scout

Easier to pen etc etc I could go on all day

This probably accounts for 90% (very accurate) of all "why me" thinking and therefore there isn't much room for XVM focus left, but it does exist just in isolation. Now go ask an 8k game 2.5k WN8 reroll or a 3000+ player and you might get a different answer.

Edited by TheDrownedApe, 17 September 2019 - 02:09 PM.

mpf1959 #116 Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30089 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Hello, I love you, wont you tell me your (un-annonymized) name? :girl:

Edited by mpf1959, 17 September 2019 - 02:46 PM.

feoffle3 #117 Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12725 battles
  • [SKIL1] SKIL1

Good.

For those saying XVM focus isn't a thing. What a load of rubbish.

It's pretty obvious when you're getting focused by enemy artillery.

It's also pretty obvious when that person drowns themselves at the start of the battle, or when they start stat-shaming people, there are all sorts of negative impacts of XVM being used for viewing others' stats.

ThinGun #118 Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40671 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostKingMarkQQ_TheToxicFak, on 17 September 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

Unsurprising really. 

Claiming good players aren't focused, yet boasts about having killed them. 

The hypocrisy is so clear. Its the same with arty players having XVM installed, and claiming they dont use it when targeting players. Tell me again, what do you use it for then?

Very easy to sit on a high horse in a thread like this, calling good players all sorts, but reality is, good players see it happen again and again. 

To be fair, there's no correlation between XVM focus and Turtle's hit list.  He, like many forum users, uses Balrick's Forum Mod to identify forum users.  XVM isn't even part of the equation.

Lil_Dimitry #119 Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2319 battles
  • [URMUM] URMUM
True, Daki, Decha, Barry, QB, all very known forum posters :)

ThinGun #120 Posted 17 September 2019 - 05:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40671 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostLil_Dimitry, on 17 September 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

True, Daki, Decha, Barry, QB, all very known forum posters :)

Oh yeah, I forgot those guys can only be identified via XVM ....

Also tagged with XVM, Anonymizer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users