Finnaly - XVM relic from the past ?

XVM

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

CrazyLovex #141 Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22375 battles

Hopefully this is the first step to WG giving us the option to private your stats account wide. So player search/profile returns Account Private (no stats viewable, in-game and out-of battle, unless the player wants to be on global leader boards and such

:great:

Plus private accounts will allow player name to be shown in battle, as no one could look up stats after battle, toxic messages could not be sent to a private account, because it's on private, unless friends etc.. 

Yes, hopefully private accounts next, it makes sense, we should have the choice. 

mpf1959 #142 Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29269 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 17 September 2019 - 09:03 PM, said:

As I am on Turtle's kill list I must have brought down the xvm glory points considerably.  Like a stuffed chicken head mounted on the wall among the rhinos and tigers.

me too! :teethhappy:

12:05 Added after 7 minute

View PostSchepel, on 18 September 2019 - 03:05 AM, said:

XVM focus happens, but honestly, I think most people who complain about xvm focus will be surprised. The main reason they get 'attention' is because they are visible and very clearly pose a threat. That won't change and thus the focus won't change either.

I think that is true.

I get focused from time to time in a heavy, and as an arty player I know exactly why, it's not because I am a great player, but because I am being over aggressive and badly positioned, in short, an easy target.

And the good players are usually easy to spot, I do not use xvm, but I can tell a dangerous player most of the time, and many times theyve eluded me and turned up to send me btg. Now and then, they get sent! ;)

Flicka #143 Posted 18 September 2019 - 01:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23427 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

View Postmpf1959, on 18 September 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

me too! :teethhappy:

12:05 Added after 7 minute

I think that is true.

I get focused from time to time in a heavy, and as an arty player I know exactly why, it's not because I am a great player, but because I am being over aggressive and badly positioned, in short, an easy target.

And the good players are usually easy to spot, I do not use xvm, but I can tell a dangerous player most of the time, and many times theyve eluded me and turned up to send me btg. Now and then, they get sent! ;)

Well, that seems to be the problem right there. From what you wrote being aggressive will get you punished, but good players are mostly aggressive because they see what is in front of them, around them and elsewhere on the map (situational awareness) and just when they make a decisive push, BLAMO, godhand smacks them, without any counter play.

I played arty aswell, and it is one of the worst things you can do in wot, your contribution to a win is negligible if your team does not take advantage of what you are doing, and lets face it, most of them in these days wont.

The problem with it is some of the focus on good players, but mostly that the play itself is heavily decided by the stats from XVM, and not by the thinking of players themselves.

How do you think they will ever get better, and I believe everybody can get better, if they are stuck in this state of thinking imposed by XVM?

So, don't really care of XVM focus of any kind, hell, I thrive on it, if some fools wanna chase my -2 tier light tank around while rest of their team just dies...ok, fine by me.

But like I said, they will never learn anything from it.

Jumping_Turtle #144 Posted 18 September 2019 - 01:24 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 70080 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Posttajj7, on 18 September 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

That is a resources/priority argument, a rare diseases can be argued to have less priority over diseases that impact more people, I get that, but it doesn't not make it a problem. 

Make that no priority. I have worked for the financial dept in a medical company and the choices that were made there were all about money. If one medicine doesnt bring in enough cash they would just stop making it or wont even make it or research it at all. Those were the desicions that were made, and rare deseases are the loser in that case. When not enough people have it to perhaps be able to be cured they wont even bother.

One of the main reasons I quited that job pretty fast. Has to be one of the most sickening industries there are.

Bulldog_Drummond #145 Posted 18 September 2019 - 10:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33392 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 18 September 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

Make that no priority. I have worked for the financial dept in a medical company and the choices that were made there were all about money. If one medicine doesnt bring in enough cash they would just stop making it or wont even make it or research it at all. Those were the desicions that were made, and rare deseases are the loser in that case. When not enough people have it to perhaps be able to be cured they wont even bother.

One of the main reasons I quited that job pretty fast. Has to be one of the most sickening industries there are.

Reminds me of the protagonist's compliance job in The Fight Club.

Mr_Burrows #146 Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:00 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 48999 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
Accounts anonymous. Now what does that sound like? 

Captain_Kremen0 #147 Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 39230 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View Postfeoffle3, on 18 September 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

Feel free to let me know the number of games that this study extended to, along with another dollop of condescension whilst you're at it.

Why do I get the feeling that any sample size less than, say 10 million would not be enough to satisfy someone who is being arsey?

Several hundred btw.

When I did it I made no judgement as to whether it was "right" or "wrong" I merely wanted to see the extent.....which was pretty negligible especially when compared to the level of butt-hurt.

DSsacul_666 #148 Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:02 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 45136 battles
  • [DRNKS] DRNKS

View PostOrtegaSLO, on 15 September 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

So WG at WGFest announced that they will add anonymizer into the game. So you will get a random name and XVM will be unable to show the statistic for you.

I like the idea, because now you get targeted a lot if you are a good player.

Well done WG!

Anonymizer is just a tool to hide bad matchmaking when teams often are very unbalanced. Next step? Hide what tanks enemy team has? :child:

iztok #149 Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:40 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

View PostEtre_, on 15 September 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

If statistics get removed why play this game ? 

Maybe because its a GAME? For having FUN?

If you're playing for stats, it's no game anymore, but WORK.

Flicka #150 Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23427 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

View Postiztok, on 20 September 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

I have no problem with that, I would play the same amount I play today, and play the same tanks.

I still play to progress the tree or have fun, stats are just there for the ego.

And imagine how much less anger there would be without them...just imagine.

tajj7 #151 Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28261 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postiztok, on 20 September 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

Unless stats are people's fun, like MOE is stats essentially, but lot of people have fun trying to get them. 

CptBarney #152 Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--
They have this in world of warships already anyways. You can still use mm monitor doe to see whos bad and/or gud in what. (in world of warships).

CmdRatScabies #153 Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostCptBarney, on 20 September 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

They have this in world of warships already anyways. You can still use mm monitor doe to see whos bad and/or gud in what. (in world of warships).

Are you saying WoWs MM Monitor can pull up stats for an anonymised user?  How would it do that?

Ziurawka #154 Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25057 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

There is no reason not to show player statistics post battle or in the garage. This can be a part of the standard client even, can't see why not. 

Displaying the stats during battle affects players' decisions so it's not fair to people who don't have it. 

Most pvp games (at least those that aspire to be esports) don't follow this direction in general.

For me personally - I think XVM would improve my WR marginally in the end. 

But I can't be bothered due to the sea of red making me just too sad :) 

fisco77 #155 Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 77495 battles
NSA will still be able to see your stats, there is no such thing as anonymity today.

WoT_RU_Doing #156 Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:48 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58335 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

My understanding was that you only get anonymised in battle....after the battle everyone can still view who is who from the results screen, and look up their stats etc.

Honestly, I think mostly it is aimed at giving CC's a better experience when they are reviewing new tanks or streaming, though many people have also been complaining about XVM arty focus for years, so hiding stats would help there.

Mr_Burrows #157 Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:12 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 48999 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 21 September 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

My understanding was that you only get anonymised in battle....after the battle everyone can still view who is who from the results screen, and look up their stats etc.

Honestly, I think mostly it is aimed at giving CC's a better experience when they are reviewing new tanks or streaming, though many people have also been complaining about XVM arty focus for years, so hiding stats would help there.

When I play arty, and I have done that a lot (arty and lights - different ends of the spectrum for sure) I focus accordingly: Dangerous targets first, easy targets second OR first if I have a chance. 

Thing is that dangerous targets are most of the time not very easy targets, but they do not have to be the "biggest, baddest tank" either to be the most dangerous one. The most dangerous enemy might be the light tank with a driver that knows how to play it. Then I definitely try to splash him early in game so that he gets removed from the enemy equation. 

But pure XVM focus? Not really. Not unless that player is the most dangerous target, or on occasion the easiest. 

Edited by Mr_Burrows, 22 September 2019 - 09:12 AM.

Also tagged with XVM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users