• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

tajj7 #161 Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostUserZer00, on 22 November 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

How often do you think that lowly green, orange or red players on your own team have been sucked into your mighty purple presence and inadvertently provided you a meat shield to hide behind in order to help you increase your glory?

Yeh no, the vast majority of times if someone has to take a hit and get a flank moving it's me, even if I have way less health, because those orange and red players you talk about are not good enough to recognise the time to push unless someone leads them by the nose and takes the risks for them.

I personally see no downsides to this change, at worst not much will change, but at best if the take up is good I don't get singled out and focused.

People don't listen regardless of what stats they can see because from my experience the vast majority of WOT players are pig headed and think they are better than they are, I seriously doubt people avoid shooting me if they have shots because they can see stats, more likely the other way because again from my experience there is a lot of hate and biterness towards good players in this game, hence the yolos, arty focus and abuse. 

I've played on a few XVM camo accounts and the difference to me is certainly noticeable as one of the masses 

As I don't use XVM myself, the XVM stats bring me nothing but disadvantage. Focus, toxicity, idiots on the team giving up or suciding etc. etc. 

Edited by tajj7, 22 November 2019 - 10:40 AM.

UserZer00 #162 Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14215 battles

View Posttajj7, on 22 November 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

Yeh no, the vast majority of times if someone has to take a hit and get a flank moving it's me, even if I have way less health, because those orange and red players you talk about are not good enough to recognise the time to push unless someone leads them by the nose and takes the risks for them.

I personally see no downsides to this change, at worst not much will change, but at best if the take up is good I don't get singled out and focused.

People don't listen regardless of what stats they can see because from my experience the vast majority of WOT players are pig headed and think they are better than they are, I seriously doubt people avoid shooting me if they have shots because they can see stats, more likely the other way because again from my experience there is a lot of hate and biterness towards good players in this game, hence the yolos, arty focus and abuse. 

I've played on a few XVM camo accounts and the difference to me is certainly noticeable as one of the masses 

As I don't use XVM myself, the XVM stats bring me nothing but disadvantage. Focus, toxicity, idiots on the team giving up or suciding etc. etc. 

I agree with you in that I don't think it will greatly impact the 2%ers (for want of a better term).

My view on it is that it will mostly help to reduce (but not eliminate) the in game rage directed at the red players.

Most likely the rage will just shift from in game comments to after game comments, but at least there will be a cool down period.

I honestly think it would be more useful to implement an filter, blocking delivery of offensive messages rather than implementation of this anoymizer, but who am I to say?

m1x_angelico #163 Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27887 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

So, essentially, we will not be able to see stats of anonymized players, but trough xvm or some other mod we will be able to see who turned it on, because stats will be missing for these players?

Well ok, not we just target these players with missing stats :teethhappy:

Robbie_T #164 Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21998 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Finally!

Got some clan mates with good stats....if you platoon with them its 3 focus arty on them.

And those 43%tomatoes i will know who they are after 30 seconds into the game.

Alukat123 #165 Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21503 battles

View Posttajj7, on 22 November 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

and it's even worse/more likely if you're a green player, the highest rank on your team, while the enemy team has a unikum... 

I had battles where we've been in a 3 vs. 1 situation and my teammates bailed, because they are orange/red while the one opponent was a unikum... 

Sure unicums may be good, but if you play that 3 vs. 1 quite okay (attacking from 3 sides), the unikum will just go down and by bailing they just allowed the unikum to wreak more havoc... With that said, XVM usually works in unikums favour and the anonymizer isn't going to solve those issue, the unikum can simply keep his stats shows to get those advantages.

XVM ingame stat part has to get blacklisted.

Edited by Alukat123, 22 November 2019 - 09:51 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #166 Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44405 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Good riddance.

TANKOPPRESSION #167 Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51004 battles
XVM Lives . :B

barison1 #168 Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:05 AM

Major

• Player
  • 45964 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostAlukat123, on 22 November 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

Sure unicums may be good, but if you play that 3 vs. 1 quite okay (attacking from 3 sides), the unikum will just go down and by bailing they just allowed the unikum to wreak more havoc... With that said, XVM usually works in unikums favour and the anonymizer isn't going to solve those issue, the unikum can simply keep his stats shows to get those advantages.

well not entirely

xvm does cause unicums to be focussed down by arty, even if bottom tier and/or hiding near perfect, and some people plain yolo them with autoloaders etc. feels way more relaxing to play on a tomato acc, less focus (from arty) due to xvm camo

but yea xvm statpart just needs to be rid off, not much need for anomynizer that way

Edited by barison1, 23 November 2019 - 01:06 AM.

Tealo #169 Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46004 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostDSsacul_666, on 20 September 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

Anonymizer is just a tool to hide bad matchmaking when teams often are very unbalanced. Next step? Hide what tanks enemy team has? :child:

I wish WG would put that in randoms ‘fog of war’ ie you don’t know precisely what’s on the enemy team until it gets spotted, it would make scouting more meaningful, important and more interesting to play! It has been done in clan wars for example.

Jumping_Turtle #170 Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:04 AM

General

• Player
  • 73330 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostTealo, on 23 November 2019 - 03:34 AM, said:

I wish WG would put that in randoms ‘fog of war’ ie you don’t know precisely what’s on the enemy team until it gets spotted, it would make scouting more meaningful, important and more interesting to play! It has been done in clan wars for example.

I am afraid that wont work. What if your LT decides to redline snipe ? Or when the enemy team gets a 60% LT and yours is 43%. That will only work in more setup teams like clanwars where you can/should actually count on the scout.

BR33K1_PAWAH #171 Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles

View PostUserZer00, on 22 November 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

How often do you think that lowly green, orange or red players on your own team have been sucked into your mighty purple presence and inadvertently provided you a meat shield to hide behind in order to help you increase your glory?

I seriously doubt that this may have happened to any parple player. Ever.

Tealo #172 Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46004 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 23 November 2019 - 07:04 AM, said:

I am afraid that wont work. What if your LT decides to redline snipe ? Or when the enemy team gets a 60% LT and yours is 43%. That will only work in more setup teams like clanwars where you can/should actually count on the scout.

That already happens in randoms! Ie scout doesn’t scout decide to base line camp etc.

As you can see on your own team list you can see how many Lights or heavies they have, as it would mirror you own team but you wouldn’t know until it’s spotted if that heavy was a Defender or a FCM 50t.. ie the game becomes less predictable which admittedly some players won’t like because the game becomes less predictable by looking at what tanks precisely the enemy team has..ie the nation and model of the tank.

Edited by Tealo, 23 November 2019 - 08:48 AM.

kokorock #173 Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:13 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9747 battles
  • [LVPRK] LVPRK

View Post24doom24, on 15 September 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

So basically targeting players with hidden stats is the new strat. GG wp WG.

The only solution is to hide everyone's stats automatically.

why would anyone be focusing you? 
what's the point to play then if there is no stats? everyone is hidden and so on, don't you play to become better? and seeing your stats improve means something or nah? 
this is really unnecessary feature to be fair, won't be using ! 

kokorock #174 Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:29 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9747 battles
  • [LVPRK] LVPRK

View PostThinGun, on 16 September 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

It may well go some way to proving or disproving the theory that XVM makes a toxic environment.  I would suggest that the toxicity will continue unabated if/when the change comes in.  

indeed. like I dont need xvm to focus a chieftain instead of e100 in enemy team, makes sense, right? 
I don't need to see a name of a player to see how good he is. 
I mean, it will help in the way that- muh super unicum enemy tim, must yolo rush him 

08:36 Added after 6 minute

View Postfeoffle3, on 17 September 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

Good.

For those saying XVM focus isn't a thing. What a load of rubbish.

It's pretty obvious when you're getting focused by enemy artillery.

It's also pretty obvious when that person drowns themselves at the start of the battle, or when they start stat-shaming people, there are all sorts of negative impacts of XVM being used for viewing others' stats.

well, you don't need stats to "stat shame" you can spot a bad player without xvm. drowning thing I'd agree with seen platoons drowning cause "bot team" usually below 50% wr people drown themselves 

ChristOfTheAbyss #175 Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

View Postduck_sick, on 23 November 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

indeed. like I dont need xvm to focus a chieftain instead of e100 in enemy team, makes sense, right? 
I don't need to see a name of a player to see how good he is. 
I mean, it will help in the way that- muh super unicum enemy tim, must yolo rush him 

Not all Chieftain players are good though. There's sub 50% players playing it with less than 2k average dmg. And what if they are not driving a reward tank, how do tell if he's good or not if you'äre not already engaging him/her?

994250 #176 Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:38 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10762 battles

How about "fixing" the matchmaker instead, so that players could go up against others with similar skills? At least in normal battle.
Alas, i kinda like to know if my team is more red than the opponent.

It prepares me for loosing in advance.

kokorock #177 Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9747 battles
  • [LVPRK] LVPRK

View PostTealo, on 23 November 2019 - 03:34 AM, said:

fog of war would be very unpleasant. just imagine, you play your t100 lt and  take a passive spotting bush and boom, a wild ebr appears, seconds later, you're dead cause enemy ebr in platoon with 2 grilles. 
why would anyone play random like that. big nono

08:43 Added after 4 minute

View PostChristOfTheAbyss, on 23 November 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

Not all Chieftain players are good though. There's sub 50% players playing it with less than 2k average dmg. And what if they are not driving a reward tank, how do tell if he's good or not if you'äre not already engaging him/her?

yeah, but a chief has a higher chance to be a good player than an e100, does it? 
research tanks easy- look where they are /what they do. 
also there is some research tanks that perform better than others. that are more dangerous. 
also this won't solve much in my opinion, as I'd still try to focus out lights or whatever might give away my position. no matter what their stats are. 

08:47 Added after 8 minute
I'd be perfectly fine If enemy team stats are hidden but I can see mine. I could play against user 1 user 2 user 3 if I knew how competent my team is. 

Jumping_Turtle #178 Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:36 AM

General

• Player
  • 73330 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostTealo, on 23 November 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

That already happens in randoms! Ie scout doesn’t scout decide to base line camp etc.

True, but than I can see a bit for myself where probaly the enemy will be. I a team has no scout, or one that doesnt scout (well). Than they will just camp base. Without information people will just not take any risks and even more camping isnt really my favorite.

Zoggo_ #179 Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33948 battles
  • [ZOGGO] ZOGGO

So XVM users will be able to see who is anon by the fact they will be greyed out. Sort of defeats the whole point of the anonymizer.

My concern is if not enough players turn on the anonymizer you may still get XVM focused as the only player on enemy team who is anon.

WG really needs to start with anon on for everyone and then you have the choice to turn it on in options if you want to show your real name. 

If 10 or so players each team anon it will make XVM win prediction impossible.

kokorock #180 Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9747 battles
  • [LVPRK] LVPRK

View PostZoggo_, on 23 November 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

So XVM users will be able to see who is anon by the fact they will be greyed out. Sort of defeats the whole point of the anonymizer.

My concern is if not enough players turn on the anonymizer you may still get XVM focused as the only player on enemy team who is anon.

WG really needs to start with anon on for everyone and then you have the choice to turn it on in options if you want to show your real name. 

If 10 or so players each team anon it will make XVM win prediction impossible.

bruh. i have xvm but never used that win prediction option as that's inaccurate af. as unicums can fuk up and bobs can have a battle of their lives. 
I can't wait for anonymizer to come and people figuring out that toxicity is still there. it will be easier for super unicums tho. 
In general not a bad feature but this clearly isn't a biggest issue of the game. how about actually fixing the maps like erlenberg and mountain pass for example? finally reworking HE? you can see that Ht15 missions are the most rigged ones as people just don't like to bounce and so on. 
just want to add that anonymizer won't affect my game. will still play, will still call people bots and will still focus cw reward tanks :) 

Also tagged with XVM, Anonymizer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users