XVM Anonymizer

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

Steeleye_Spam #181 Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36168 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Well the peeps who spend their lives on the forum telling other peeps about their confirmation bias,  whilst ignoring their own now have a tool to legitimise it. The fact that they still reached the heights of stardom whilst being xvm focused every game is a  miracle. 'But my win rate might have been 63% instead of 62%, if it wasn't for those xvm tools!'.

kokorock #182 Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9739 battles
  • [LVPRK] LVPRK

View PostSteeleye_Spam, on 23 November 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

Well the peeps who spend their lives on the forum telling other peeps about their confirmation bias,  whilst ignoring their own now have a tool to legitimise it. The fact that they still reached the heights of stardom whilst being xvm focused every game is a  miracle. 'But my win rate might have been 63% instead of 62%, if it wasn't for those xvm tools!'.

star is still shining when nobody is looking at it. but what do I know. I ain't no unicum and probably will never be as I like to focus 1 super unicum all game XD 

doctorfrag #183 Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:38 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33409 battles

View Postchainreact0r, on 16 September 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

That's a good thing actually. 

I've had many battles, especially in the 279 and chieftain (which the anonymizer won't change, unfortunately), where people refuse to fight, and just go on another flank, turn 180 and kill themselves while trying to run away, and even load up HE at the start of the game in autoloaders just cause i'm on the enemy team.

They also play extremely passively, where they just fire a couple of shot in a game and then hide and camp for the rest of the time, which is fine if you are a 1k average potato, but the problem is that they drag me into their mediocrity by an arguably "cowardly" attitude, since i will either have to camp them out and waste my time, drive to another flank and waste time or yolo into their pathetically set up ambush and waste hp and potentially my life.

These examples seem exaggerated, even though they are not, because everybody can see the tank and apply these scummy tactics. However, if i were to play a tech tree tank, i would only be bothered by the people with XVM which are few and far between, and usually arty anyway, so the impact this anonymizer will have will be very small for the average joe in my opinion. It has the potential to be very useful for streamers, but that's pretty much it.

I find that most dont use XVM anyhow, normally only 2 or 3 out of 15 tanks.

The drowning issue hardly ever happens (not that I see) .

sgtYester #184 Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58341 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

View PostEtre_, on 15 September 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

You are average (for someone who played this game for more than a few months). No one is targeting you.

If statistics get removed why play this game ? 
Why not play Avakin Life or some other mmo school kids play on their phones. You get to move around shinny pixels and admire you character.

I'm tired of this BS. Everyone wants to [edited]hand flowers and sing kumbaya. You are in the wrong game dude. 

stats in a game can be fine, if the stats are the correct one and used properly.

xvm or WN8 is not correct, it focusses mainly on damage which creates statspadders/sealclubbers/ players that use the team as meatshield.

They hide in a corner shooting p2w ammo (cause more damage =wn8) and do not care for a win. Nor do the teamplay since it only about their own wn8 stat.

They play low tiers and farm bad/new players cause that is so easy to do especially with some tanks. (right T67?/ t45-85M/su8/m2 mediums/etc/etc..

They whine about losing at the start cause their wn8 mod tells them they have a bad win chance .

and because they can only statspad; when you get a gamemode where the wn8 is not counted (frontline for example) they STILL wont teamplay cause they dont know how to.

or clanwars where u need to make a push with ur team and the top wn8 players will hide behind the team or cover just to not get damage while in fact you SHOULD try to divide damage taken over all the tanks so

ur team survises and can win. They are stuck in farming damage mode.

WN8 to start with should have been changed long time ago to also reflect the tiers that are played and ideally also the p2w ammo usage.

You want stats? wg jas already a lot in the game as it is.

You want more stats? no problem You can see them all in the garage. Just not in a battle. 

Is this not a good thing then? Now u will have to treat any tank the same. instead of knowing if he is a pro or bad player.  Makes the game more interessting no?  

This is bad for gameplay. 

Edited by sgtYester, 23 November 2019 - 11:44 AM.

KillingJoker #185 Posted 23 November 2019 - 12:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42142 battles

Its an open map, you are playing as a bottom tier...  you know other tanks are also spoted because they are trading shots with enemy...

but its you the arty hit...  even you are not the slower tank even you are not playing a heavy tank. 

xvm focus as allways been a problem and it doesnt only harm the very best players, it harms anyone who is simply better than most in certain mm...

it doesn't take much for any blue or top green player to be distinguished from most if your team is simply bad... if the average WN8 of your team is under 1000...

a player with around 1800-2000 will be obviously targeted. 

for this matter, its important to bring something to level up everyone and remove stastistics out of the equation, you want to play and be judged in battle by your mistakes and not because someone else can see your stastistics and prioritize you over any other player... 

if statistics were not at disposal of anyone.. if clan certain taghs were hidden then what the enemy would see would be simply a tank name... 

thats whast happens when i play without xvm... i look at my enemies as "Tank x or Y" i take my priority based on the tank type and situation...

xvm changes this dramatically, as people can built strategies to counter other players based on statistics...

a platoon of 2 or 3 friends... who see's a certain very good statistical player using tank Y, can built a strategy to counter that player right from the beggining...

it they don't really need to play artillery, they just need to coordinate and be decent players... because any decent player can predict where certain tank will play depending on his type of gameplay... and this is when XVM becomes extremely powerful...

specially in the hands of arty players who understand the role of certain tanks.. and if a player have very good stats and simply an enemy team fears it... then its obvious

they will either focus him.. (and often you see even players in your team saying..."arty please focus player X because of stats"

In my opinion i wouldn't even waste time coding anonymizer tools to camuflage names... i would simply force the enemies information to be restricted to tank name...

and thats it... you would see only tank name, and in the end of the battle you could check the real names of the players...

but anyone outside of your team would be simply a tank....and i would even go further by saying the game would be much more immersive and unpredictable, if you couldnt 

see the enemy tank line till they got spoted...

because that in my opinion would be good for the game, it would simply turn the game less predictable and more suitable for surprises (which makes  it more interesting)

ii can gave this example, if a see a certain super heavy in a map like airfield... i just know he will take X amount of seconds to go into the heavy fight area... i just know he have to cross a certain path to get there...therefor, i can my fast medium tank, to go up the hill and shot him 1 or 2 times for free... why? because i know the line up... my understanding of the game allowed me to remove for free hitpoints of another player who have done anything wrong besides being exposed by the game to its limited strategy...(the same is valid for arty in any open map... they can even blind shot this type of big heavies)

for the same reason in clan wars, tanks line up is hidden to not give away team strategies from the start, i think it would be better for random battles to restrict the information of players by the tank name in the battle, and also hidden the tank name till it gets spoted. 

i know many players would be agains't this, but it would be more fair for everyone.

clixor #186 Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:09 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 55956 battles

used XVM for 7 or 8 years during 50k battles. I understand the slight intel advantage you could get (good vs bad team and how agressive you can be), but, in my case, i was adapting my own tactics too much on the enemy.

Since i stopped using xvm my gameplay improved, now i try to play a game based on my strenghts instead of hiding because there are some unicorns on the enemy team. But more importantly, i don't longer tilt when having a bad streak of bad teams (still tilt afterwards sometimes though).

p.s. also, stats alone can be deceiving, just today in a few games i played the top damage player on my team was a 45% wr player.

994250 #187 Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10024 battles

View Postdoctorfrag, on 23 November 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

I find that most dont use XVM anyhow, normally only 2 or 3 out of 15 tanks.

The drowning issue hardly ever happens (not that I see) .

Exactly. I seen one on abbey a few hundred battles back, and before that i don't even remember when was the previous occasion.
Besides arties trying to do so after they are the only one remaining.

As i mainly play arty, i can assure everyone that i am not targeting anyone specifically because of what color xvm shows.
But rather, shoot where support is needed.

UserZer00 #188 Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13656 battles

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 23 November 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

I seriously doubt that this may have happened to any parple player. Ever.

Well you're wrong.

(I know I used to do it back when I had XVM installed) 

:hiding:

m1x_angelico #189 Posted 23 November 2019 - 06:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26841 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO
You are fighting natural forces. That's why it will never work in the long run. Many people want to win, but all cant do so. So, there is always a struggle of reaction and counter reaction forces in the game. Therefore, I see it as my sacred duty to focus unicums, to bring balance to the system and reduce their WR and dmg. So, IMO I'm just doing what must be done. Not fair? Git gud... /s

Zoggo_ #190 Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33337 battles
  • [ZOGGO] ZOGGO

View Postclixor, on 23 November 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

used XVM for 7 or 8 years during 50k battles. I understand the slight intel advantage you could get (good vs bad team and how agressive you can be), but, in my case, i was adapting my own tactics too much on the enemy.

Since i stopped using xvm my gameplay improved, now i try to play a game based on my strenghts instead of hiding because there are some unicorns on the enemy team. But more importantly, i don't longer tilt when having a bad streak of bad teams (still tilt afterwards sometimes though).

p.s. also, stats alone can be deceiving, just today in a few games i played the top damage player on my team was a 45% wr player.

Yep same .I gave up on XVM stats in game bout 3 years ago. My gameplay (and stats) improved massively.

XVM feeds into your head, when u think you up against a better team you end up too defensive but when you think you got a supposed easy win you can over commit.

Alukat123 #191 Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18345 battles

View Postbarison1, on 23 November 2019 - 01:05 AM, said:

xvm does cause unicums to be focussed down by arty, even if bottom tier and/or hiding near perfect

Unicums can even use that to their advantage. 3 Arties focussing a target they may not damage at all, while the arties of the unicums team may deal one damaging hit after another putting the match into the unicums team favor.

No point for arty to focus that unicum, while the red auto-loader takes down one teammate after another.

Edited by Alukat123, 23 November 2019 - 08:43 PM.

barison1 #192 Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:51 PM

Major

• Player
  • 45207 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostAlukat123, on 23 November 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

Unicums can even use that to their advantage. 3 Arties focussing a target they may not damage at all, while the arties of the unicums team may deal one damaging hit after another putting the match into the unicums team favor.

No point for arty to focus that unicum, while the red auto-loader takes down one teammate after another.

that is basically saying if guy x gets bullied by 3 classmates it is a good thing for someone else as they dont have time to bully him

solid 10/10

surely you would love it being focussed down and unable to play

Also tagged with XVM, Anonymizer

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users