XVM Anonymizer

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

eldrak #81 Posted 16 September 2019 - 11:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51586 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

It's nice to see them protecting cheaters in Steel Hunt (and perhaps other) modes by not making it possible to link screenshots of their ingame actions to the result screen (unless it lists both names).

Either way, hiding the names from your own teammates unless you are in the same platoon is pretty dumb.

JCD3nton #82 Posted 16 September 2019 - 11:48 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28560 battles

Did they mention when? Because WG promises to do so many things, but we never see them implemented.

-Default 6th sense at 100% crew skills.

-Armor meta and premium ammo nerf.

-Hiding XVM stats.

It's been too long since they announced these but there is still nothing but unending sandbox tests.

Edited by JCD3nton, 16 September 2019 - 12:51 PM.

Jumping_Turtle #83 Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 70617 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

Curious. what will happen with the people I have on my blacklist ? Will they be able to chat again and me seeing it. Will they still have the blocked mark behind their name in battle so I know it ?

and the friendslist. Will you always be able to see the names from players you have on your friendslist ?

Edited by Jumping_Turtle, 16 September 2019 - 12:07 PM.

jabster #84 Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12760 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 16 September 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

Curious. what will happen with the people I have on my blacklist ? Will they be able to chat again and me seeing it. Will they still have the blocked mark behind their name in battle so I know it ?

The blacklist is on the server and the chat goes via the server so I don’t see why that would use change. I’d guess that the blocked functionality will only work if the client has the player name.

Element6 #85 Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31968 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postchainreact0r, on 16 September 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

This may come as really weird, but i found that focusing the tomatoes first is the best course of action.

You can let the good player rape your side peaking bots of allies all he wants as long as you know you can outplay and kill him later on.

It's the side peaking tomatoes on the red team that you are most interested in. Since everyone can pen them, they are your priority because they will melt the fastest. The armored targets, good or bad, are your last priority since most likely your incompetent allies can't pen them so you will have all the damage to yourself.

In that case the tomatoes would be the group that you would deem worthy of focus, but no matter what focus group any give player might have as priority, the chance to hit that reliably by focusing on anonymized players is going to decrease.

Cregan37 #86 Posted 16 September 2019 - 01:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9807 battles
  • [OLDG] OLDG

I see stream-sniping mentioned as one of the reasons for this feature, but how exactly does anonimising prevent stream-sniping? Won't the snipers simply be able to see that anonimised name on the stream? Or even just the tank the streamer is playing, along with his location?

Good luck to all strong players; you'll get much more opposition now that players don't know they should run away from you :D

Personally I think it's a shame xvm will become useless, I thought it was wonderful to be able to see how much I could expect from my teammates. If a player would ask me to follow him to try something fancy, I'd much sooner follow a good player who knows what he's doing than a 0 wn8, 41% wr player.

8126Jakobsson #87 Posted 16 September 2019 - 01:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 80616 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 15 September 2019 - 09:02 PM, said:

This very much. I had the most fun games in this game when you recognize people who are in the same battle in my team or the enemies team. Take the nam,es away and I could just as weel play against 29 bots.

Terrible option this and a huge dislike

We could put all forumites on the blacklist so that we know when an incognito one is in our battle. Smart.  

tajj7 #88 Posted 16 September 2019 - 01:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28379 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostCregan37, on 16 September 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

I see stream-sniping mentioned as one of the reasons for this feature, but how exactly does anonimising prevent stream-sniping? Won't the snipers simply be able to see that anonimised name on the stream? Or even just the tank the streamer is playing, along with his location?

Presumably it prevents people seeing streamer in loading screen/team lists -> loading up stream -> stream snipe.

If they are already watching the stream and playing the game then yeh they will know. 

chainreact0r #89 Posted 16 September 2019 - 01:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34906 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostCregan37, on 16 September 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

Good luck to all strong players; you'll get much more opposition now that players don't know they should run away from you :D

That's a good thing actually. 

I've had many battles, especially in the 279 and chieftain (which the anonymizer won't change, unfortunately), where people refuse to fight, and just go on another flank, turn 180 and kill themselves while trying to run away, and even load up HE at the start of the game in autoloaders just cause i'm on the enemy team.

They also play extremely passively, where they just fire a couple of shot in a game and then hide and camp for the rest of the time, which is fine if you are a 1k average potato, but the problem is that they drag me into their mediocrity by an arguably "cowardly" attitude, since i will either have to camp them out and waste my time, drive to another flank and waste time or yolo into their pathetically set up ambush and waste hp and potentially my life.

These examples seem exaggerated, even though they are not, because everybody can see the tank and apply these scummy tactics. However, if i were to play a tech tree tank, i would only be bothered by the people with XVM which are few and far between, and usually arty anyway, so the impact this anonymizer will have will be very small for the average joe in my opinion. It has the potential to be very useful for streamers, but that's pretty much it.

WhoCares01 #90 Posted 16 September 2019 - 02:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23279 battles

View Postchainreact0r, on 16 September 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

That's a good thing actually. 

I've had many battles, especially in the 279 and chieftain (which the anonymizer won't change, unfortunately), where people refuse to fight, and just go on another flank, turn 180 and kill themselves while trying to run away, and even load up HE at the start of the game in autoloaders just cause i'm on the enemy team.

Sure it's you and not just the tanks? Tier 8s, 9s and plenty of 10s are well advised to go somewhere else to play, when they see a 279 or Chieftain in front of them...

antinor #91 Posted 16 September 2019 - 02:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19299 battles
Why cant XVM show the stats only of the players who use it and not everyone's??
13:19 Added after 1 minute

and dont bother search my stats. I know i suck

Jumping_Turtle #92 Posted 16 September 2019 - 02:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 70617 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 16 September 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

We could put all forumites on the blacklist so that we know when an incognito one is in our battle. Smart.  

That was indeed one of the things I was thinking about.

But also the other way of course. I only have a few people in my blacklist who were real asses ingame to me before. I have blacklisted them for a reason so I can avoid them when they are in my team and go to the other flank for instance. If the anonimizer would kill this it would even be worse than expected.

Edited by Jumping_Turtle, 16 September 2019 - 02:25 PM.

BlueSnail #93 Posted 16 September 2019 - 02:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22274 battles
  • [KBAD] KBAD
Get Un-Gud, hehe.  :child:

Jumping_Turtle #94 Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 70617 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
Just did a few front line battle, but that anonimizer isnt going to help much with the toxicity. If I see whats been typed there where there is no xvm ...

ThinGun #95 Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:25 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40632 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 16 September 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

Just did a few front line battle, but that anonimizer isnt going to help much with the toxicity. If I see whats been typed there where there is no xvm ...

It may well go some way to proving or disproving the theory that XVM makes a toxic environment.  I would suggest that the toxicity will continue unabated if/when the change comes in.  

burbage1 #96 Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1076 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 16 September 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

That was indeed one of the things I was thinking about.

But also the other way of course. I only have a few people in my blacklist who were real asses ingame to me before. I have blacklisted them for a reason so I can avoid them when they are in my team and go to the other flank for instance. If the anonimizer would kill this it would even be worse than expected.

You aren't anonymous to Wargaming, just to third party mods. WG can still show you anyone you have blacklisted, even if they are otherwise anonymised, if they want to. How often do you run intl the same players? Can't happen that often.

I wish that PvP games in general would have an option to hide stats and level. Would stop a lot of griefing. "Hey, let's hit this old guy and send him back to the tavern!" "Oh bollocks, it's Gandalf!"

You don't walk around with a level over your head in real life.

burbage1 #97 Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1076 battles

View PostThinGun, on 16 September 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

It may well go some way to proving or disproving the theory that XVM makes a toxic environment.  I would suggest that the toxicity will continue unabated if/when the change comes in.  

Turn off chat if you want to avoid toxicity. No one ever says anything useful anyway. Ever.

Von_Rimmer #98 Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26472 battles
  • [R0T] R0T

View PostOrtegaSLO, on 15 September 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

So WG at WGFest announced that they will add anonymizer into the game. So you will get a random name and XVM will be unable to show the statistic for you.

I like the idea, because now you get targeted a lot if you are a good player.

Well done WG!

I disagree, I don't know anyone who gets targeted because they are a good player.

its the other way around, watch out for those who are good players.

XVM can help you decide your style of play for each battle.

when WG allowed your account to be re-rolled( or whatever you call it) for players so that they could achieve higher stats in a shorter battle period( which always make me suspicious of them) that only made it worse

For me the issue is why WG encourages players to move so quickly up the tech tree without preparing their crews with a decent amount of skills which then leads to a seal clubbing event when they are the top tier of the battle.

everyone wants to know their stats, I believe it also helps some people judge whether the RNG is bad on that day( or just every day :P )

if someone is upset about xvm being there and wants their safe space( then wot is not the place) then don't rush up the tech tree without the crew skills....

RNG is bad enough and appears to be one of a number of issues that WG just are not capable of fixing...

if MODS is the headache that WG wished never happened( and seems to update so frequently as to hobble them ) then maybe they should have fixed the issues early on ( remember arty aiming mod that eventually got put into the game.

maybe if wg would stop over milking the cash cow that is WOT, you wouldn't get issues like this.

Jumping_Turtle #99 Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 70617 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Postburbage1, on 16 September 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

You aren't anonymous to Wargaming, just to third party mods. WG can still show you anyone you have blacklisted, even if they are otherwise anonymised, if they want to. How often do you run intl the same players? Can't happen that often.

Probably just as much as others get focussed, get tatsshamed or xvm artied.

But are we also getting the option to block out stats completly. I regularly see people statswhining/complaining on the forum also. Do we also get an option to completly block out stats ?

Edited by Jumping_Turtle, 16 September 2019 - 06:06 PM.

Von_Rimmer #100 Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26472 battles
  • [R0T] R0T

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 15 September 2019 - 08:02 PM, said:

This very much. I had the most fun games in this game when you recognize people who are in the same battle in my team or the enemies team. Take the nam,es away and I could just as weel play against 29 bots.

Terrible option this and a huge dislike

maybe wg is preparing for us to be playing against bots ?

I watched a YouTube video that suggested that numbers are falling and that WG will have to ( assuming they haven't already) introduce bots to ensure players can actually get a game ..

Also tagged with XVM, Anonymizer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users