Restrict access balance rate

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

InstallingPatience #1 Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5420 battles
  • [OAP] OAP

What about losing access to certain tanks once an overall win ratio gets above a certain level say 50% in randoms you lose access to defender, above 55% lose access to 430U.... or along those lines. Tanks with highest win rate are rotated in sequence so 'balancing' can be maintained. You can on a prem account select 1 tank to exclude maybe so regaining access to one of the above.

Not sure if it has been tried or mentioned as can't find similar on forums so correct me if I've missed it.

Just a shower thought...

WOT u think?:popcorn:

Edited by InstallingPatience, 16 September 2019 - 03:59 PM.

Dorander #2 Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles
I think you need to get back into the shower. :facepalm:

InstallingPatience #3 Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5420 battles
  • [OAP] OAP

View PostDorander, on 16 September 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

I think you need to get back into the shower. :facepalm:

CmdRatScabies #4 Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:06 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostInstallingPatience, on 16 September 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

Just a shower thought...

That would be a golden shower?

Orkbert #5 Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28364 battles

What we think? Well, apart from you probably trolling the forum with such a suggestion the very idea of punishing people because they play good is very counterproductive.

Another suggestion: how about mandatory tutorials for players who have less than 42% win rate with a tank after 400+ battles?

Schepel #6 Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:15 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65859 battles

What about losing access to certain tanks once an overall win ratio gets above a certain level say 50% in randoms you lose access to defender, above 55% lose access to 430U.... or along those lines. Tanks with highest win rate are rotated in sequence so 'balancing' can be maintained. You can on a prem account select 1 tank to exclude maybe so regaining access to one of the above.

Not sure if it has been tried or mentioned as can't find similar on forums so correct me if I've missed it.

Just a shower thought...

I have a better idea, restrict access of players whose performance drops below 49%.

I am sure you would like that idea, a lot, right?

LordMuffin #7 Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 53494 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Just a shower thought...

I certainly like the idea.

Tanks that are overperforming to much could get temporarily removed from game, for say 1 month/2 month for balancing reasons (nerfs).

Same for tanks that are underperforming alot.

Tanks could also be temporarily removed for other reasons  (in a way to get a different gameplay experience). 

I see 2 benefits.

With certain tanks/lines removed for limited time,  we will get a new gaming experience with every rotation.

We could have an arty free period for 1 month fot example. Then next month is a WV + autoloader free.

3rd month is something completely different, and so on.

I think such a rotation system would improve gameplay experience and also provide a different experience for the player, instead of the current, same same.

Second benefit is that it gives WG data on what happens when certain tanks/lines are removed, and how tanks/lines influence gameplay.

15:33 Added after 1 minute

View PostOrkbert, on 16 September 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

What we think? Well, apart from you probably trolling the forum with such a suggestion the very idea of punishing people because they play good is very counterproductive.

Another suggestion: how about mandatory tutorials for players who have less than 42% win rate with a tank after 400+ battles?

My interpretation was that if a certain tank gets an overall WR (across server) that is to high, no player can use that tank until it gets nerfed.

A way to temporarily remove op tanks from the game to balance them.

Edited by LordMuffin, 16 September 2019 - 04:33 PM.

4nt #8 Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29493 battles
Yea sure, and restrict access of players below 50 WR to t4 tanks while were at it.

KingMarkQQ #9 Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15059 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

This requires quite a bit os elaborating.. because right now this makes no sense. 

- Is this player or server locking?

- Once a tank has reached the win-rate threshold then what? its taken out and will forever be in a rotation system? 

- Would it not be easier to simply balance tanks? :hiding:

fwhaatpiraat #10 Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 59586 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostLordMuffin, on 16 September 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

I certainly like the idea.

Tanks that are overperforming to much could get temporarily removed from game, for say 1 month/2 month for balancing reasons (nerfs).

Same for tanks that are underperforming alot.

Tanks could also be temporarily removed for other reasons  (in a way to get a different gameplay experience). 

I see 2 benefits.

With certain tanks/lines removed for limited time,  we will get a new gaming experience with every rotation.

We could have an arty free period for 1 month fot example. Then next month is a WV + autoloader free.

3rd month is something completely different, and so on.

I think such a rotation system would improve gameplay experience and also provide a different experience for the player, instead of the current, same same.

Second benefit is that it gives WG data on what happens when certain tanks/lines are removed, and how tanks/lines influence gameplay.

15:33 Added after 1 minute

My interpretation was that if a certain tank gets an overall WR (across server) that is to high, no player can use that tank until it gets nerfed.

A way to temporarily remove op tanks from the game to balance them.

What about no Russian tanks? Would look a whole different game then.

But seriously, this seems like a really fun idea. Not seeing it happening anytime soon, but the idea looks a lot of fun.

Bordhaw #11 Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:56 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15106 battles

View PostInstallingPatience, on 16 September 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

Just a shower thought...

vasilinhorulezz #12 Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:39 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28251 battles
And the facepalm price goes to... OP!!! Congratulations :great::medal::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:!!!

xx984 #13 Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:29 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 64461 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

Balc0ra #14 Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73460 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostInstallingPatience, on 16 September 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

Spoiler

PowJay #15 Posted 17 September 2019 - 07:17 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40159 battles

It is easy to look at the OP's stats- so easy- and think that this guy is insane. I do take on board the points made by LordMuffin, however, and if this is an expansion of the OP's idea, then I sort of go... Ooooh. That's what he means.

I realise that certain tanks are widely considered OP and global stats on WR will clearly show that vehicles have good and not so good WR. We all know that there are pigs in every tank line and some terrible Premiums, just as there are some great vehicles out there, but to suggest that something you have worked hard for (or purchased) is EXTREMELY likely to be taken out of rotation and possibly even nerfed means that we would all face constant frustration- more so than usual- at our favourite vehicles that we've come to know and love being changed.

I wonder if the OP has suggested this because he thinks it might improve his chances. Answer: it won't.

Captain_Kremen0 #16 Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:02 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 39230 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

The fact is that WG have taken the game beyond balance. They cannot do it without pissing off a great many players who have earned (by time effort skill or plain cash) the tanks that need to be balanced.

I love the outcry when it is suggest that any form of balance should affect the good players though; as though they haven't been clamouring to ban what they consider sub par players.

kubawt112 #17 Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Hm. It's a decent proposal, but also a lazy excuse to not balance stuff properly. Kind of how inherently 'broken' tanks are allowed to roam the game because they're not common enough to annoy people more than X% of the time.

I'd rather see properly balanced tanks, alternatively 'dynamic economy', i.e. adjust repair cost and/or credit income to reflect the tank's performance. Would obviously require some limits, or perhaps rather that it would get cheaper to run a 'bad' tank. A Defender likely has more potential to earn credits than an AMX CDC, hence it would make sense to 'equalize' them a bit.

Cobra6 #18 Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Why would you ever restrict access to tanks for anyone rather then just properly balancing your stuff?

WoT in 2012 was better balanced then WoT in 2019, mostly because each nation had a speciality and there were still viable weak spots available.

Cobra 6

TankkiPoju #19 Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:28 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23746 battles

Just a shower thought...

So basically if a person spend like 40 euros on a tank and does well in it, he should not be allowed to play the tank?

Hmm. Well lets just say it's not a realistic thing WG would do.

Flicka #20 Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:53 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23427 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

But wouldn't removing of some vehicles from the game in itself influence other vehicles performance, and just skew the statistics.

Look at it this way, if you take away all the bad vehicles to good ones would get balanced just by that, because everybody would just play those, and then the players themselves would be the balancing factor.

All we have now is the global winrate, and it is already wrong because it takes the winrate of the vehicle itself, not the players playing it, so you still have some vehicles that are really powerful but statistically balanced cause they are played mostly by bad players. 

WG have all the statistics they need to balance the game, but the really poor player base and the environment they created over the years just makes the game hard to balance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users