• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

GetFoched #1 Posted 17 September 2019 - 05:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20303 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

In the hope this gets more attention, even tho it probably won’t:

After the HD tanks introduction,after 1.0 we yet don’t have purchasable 3D skins and styles for our tanks? 

Sure, you have mods, but the point of having a skin in a multiplayer is that you want your character (in this case, tank) to be different and other players to see that. 

The only skins we actually got where in Christmas boxes and I personally liked those (didn’t like the “delivery” method too much).

What’s the big holdup anyway? :sceptic:

PayMore #2 Posted 17 September 2019 - 05:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27961 battles
Im fully agreeing with this but I hope they will fix IS4 and E100 before different "lipstick" for tanks. 

Dorander #3 Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostGetFoched, on 17 September 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

What’s the big holdup anyway? :sceptic:

Fitting dragons, rubber ducks, my little ponies and Randy Savage to a tank form is a lot of work you know.

I'm a bit confused though, seriously, there's all these camouflages and decals being thrown around and paint options for your tanks. So what do you mean that we didn't get any customization options?

GetFoched #4 Posted 17 September 2019 - 07:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20303 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

The current customization system is far from great, War Thunder far exceeds World of Tanks just for the sheer range of option and combinations. Personally the current system can be improved a lot. More, historical looking, 3D skins is one of the ways that does that and at the same time it can be a revenue source for Wargaming.

And, no, no rubber ducks, no ponies or anything like it. Just take the IS-7 “Granite” 3D skin as an example.

Many of the premium tanks personally (some may share this opinion) look really dull or “naked” and same goes for many of the tech-tree tanks. 

:)

Dorander #5 Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostGetFoched, on 17 September 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

The current customization system is far from great, War Thunder far exceeds World of Tanks just for the sheer range of option and combinations. Personally the current system can be improved a lot. More, historical looking, 3D skins is one of the ways that does that and at the same time it can be a revenue source for Wargaming.

And, no, no rubber ducks, no ponies or anything like it. Just take the IS-7 “Granite” 3D skin as an example.

Many of the premium tanks personally (some may share this opinion) look really dull or “naked” and same goes for many of the tech-tree tanks. 

:)

Matter of priorities, I suppose. While skins are fun and all, they don't exactly keep people playing, and given the deteriorating population numbers lately, and looking back at the changes they've actually implemented, it seems they're mostly focusing on trying to retain population and attract/keep new players by making the grinds less draconian and releasing new content for old players to grind.

Robbie_T #6 Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20329 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
I dont mind some new skins as long they are camo's and not flamed up ,Xmass camo's

Also tagged with 3D, Tank, Skins, Monetization

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users