live streaming (of team position)

live broadcasting twitch

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

wookie187 #1 Posted 18 September 2019 - 01:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 71969 battles

So, just been in battle with a well known player, who usually streams his battles on twitch.tv, 

Alt+Tab, open his stream and lo and behold, his whole teammates positions are displayed.

Have nobody addressed this?

TomatoShooter #2 Posted 18 September 2019 - 01:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1116 battles

1) Blame the streamer, he should add a delay to prevent streamsniping.

2) Who actually cares; I can count the number of times I fought a famous streamer (while streaming) on 1 hand.

tajj7 #3 Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28260 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Most delay the stream by a few seconds.

Also the anonymiser should help with that, as people will not know they are in a game with a streamer unless they are already watching the stream. 

Also sometimes I have seen players cover the mini-map. 

Bora_BOOM #4 Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:02 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28855 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

Yep, possibility of using that as an advantage would be stream sniping or more. It is usually the streamer is the one that gets to be the victim, although I can't say how often that is the problem. Streamer allies also could suffer, but they are collateral. :trollface:

The stream delay is usually set up when CW or other clan activities are on, but any streamer can set the delay whenever he gets paranoid. I think that stream sniping is not much of a problem. What they don't actually like is if you jump into the stream after the battle and become salty. Once I got banned cause I killed Circon and wasnt sure whether that was the case, so I went to the stream to ask - BAM! Banned. Ofc, I got unbanned after I waited a while and contacted admins. Lesson learned.

Anyhow, using streaming for gaining an advantage is a lowlife filth act. Especially by clickers, which is the most often seen, it is easy for them to actually bother alt-tabbing during the play.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 18 September 2019 - 02:07 PM.

Sirebellus #5 Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23321 battles

View PostBora_BOOM, on 18 September 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

Anyhow, using streaming for gaining an advantage is a lowlife filth act. Especially by clickers, which is the most often seen, it is easy for them to actually bother alt-tabbing during the play.

Don't be so stupid, any self respecting Arty player uses a two screen set up so he can watch p0rn Twitch stream while playing

WhoCares01 #6 Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22434 battles

View PostSirebellus, on 18 September 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

Don't be so stupid, any self respecting Arty player uses a two screen set up so he can watch p0rn Twitch stream while playing

Indeed, I usually have a stream running in parallel on a second screen while I play. And as it happens, I found myself in battles with skill4ltu, sirfoch and Circon while their respective stream was running in parallel on second screen. In two of the three cases I noticed it after the battle - as I am not playing fartys, I am too engaged in the battles to actually notice  ;)

Thlurp #7 Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14222 battles
  • [JORM] JORM

a stream is usually on a 10 second delay.

despite the fact you can see the positions, most streamers are usually good enough by themselves or teamed up with good players as well that it won't really make a difference if some potatoes know their position :bush:

LCpl_Jones #8 Posted 18 September 2019 - 03:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13020 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
there are many issues with the game, this isn't one

tankzman #9 Posted 18 September 2019 - 03:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 72303 battles

One way of looking at it... 

Live steaming is similar to displaying allied positions = bannable offence. 

All live streamers should hence be banned. 

____Green____ #10 Posted 18 September 2019 - 03:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24753 battles
  • [B4LV] B4LV

View Postwookie187, on 18 September 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

So, just been in battle with a well known player, who usually streams his battles on twitch.tv, 

Alt+Tab, open his stream and lo and behold, his whole teammates positions are displayed.

How many streamers (popular) plays bush/redline/stealth style @ wot? 99% of time they play in hotspots, first lines on skill and dpm. I dont see any problem here. Its always big challenge to play with or against some streamer and I enjoy that.

Streamers, content creators is keeping this game alive!

Shame on streamsnipers and streamcheckers! 

Dorander #11 Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View Postwookie187, on 18 September 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

Usually this gets addressed by, when you alt-tab back, you having been shot in the face twice.

I get that it's a problem on principle, but besides the fact that you have to alt tab to see it, this is not something anyone can use to impact their gameplay in a significant manner. Not only would you have to get into a battle with a streamer, you'd have to know it's a streamer, have access to Twitch to begin with, activate their stream mid-battle... by the time you got your 'advantage' sorted out for that one battle in which you happen to see a streamer you could've lost map control.

__Eric__ #12 Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35227 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Had a streamer on the enemy team a couple of days ago. Didn't streamsnipe him though, because I think it is lame to do.

undutchable80 #13 Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:55 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 12214 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostThlurp, on 18 September 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

despite the fact you can see the positions, most streamers are usually good enough by themselves or teamed up with good players as well that it won't really make a difference if some potatoes know their position :bush:

Was in a game in a TD. Our 2 arties die quick and then I started getting hit by arty even after relocating a couple of times. I wasnt spotted or sitting in any obvious bushes, so I asked in chat if anyone else is having this problem. One of my teammates mentioned he was streaming the game (looked him up afterward and it was a 56%' er from Eastern Europe with over 80k followers). So sure, most streamers may be good enough to deal with it, but you are also giving away your teammates position, some who may be more static and therefore easy targets. Streamers streaming should have an icon next to their name or use chat to tell them so the teammates are warned.  

Only happened the once though (that I can confirm) so no big deal, but still streamsniping is indeed lame as my clanmate Eric stated.

Jauhesammutin #14 Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23668 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View PostThlurp, on 18 September 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

10 second delay is nothing.

The streamer can't really help you can it when you get overrun by 5 enemies on the other side of the map because they can see your exact location and that no friendlies can support you?

shikaka9 #15 Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 71316 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
we need anonymizer for/from streamers :izmena:

Also tagged with live, broadcasting, twitch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users