Most Likely Tier X Double-Gunned Tank - Shashmurin's Tank of Extreme Parameters

heavy double barrell dual multi gun gunned supertest super

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

grizly1973 #1 Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:14 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23650 battles

I bet this is going to be the tier X Soviet double-gunned heavy tank. I present you, the one, the only, Shashmurin's Tank of Extreme Parameters. Let's just call it TEP for easier referencing.

And a random piece of info related to this thing I randomly came across on the web:

"Hello everyone,

as it sometimes happens, Wargaming got hold of some of N.Shashmurin’s memoirs (files, five pieces). Nikolai Fedorovich Shashmurin was a Soviet tank designer, who was, amongst other things, involved in the development of IS-2 and IS-7. In his files, he referred to heavy tanks as “tanks of extreme parameters” (literally “limit parameters”, as in parameters reaching the limits of possibility). It was his opinion that these “extreme tanks” were to be the backbone of modern armored forces instead of the more common medium tanks. As Yuri Pasholok notes, his opinion was – given the fact that modern MBT’s evolved into what was considered a heavy weight category back then – completely reasonable.

Shashmurin’s memoirs and notes contained various tank proposals (including illustrations and drawings), one of which is the posted image

It’s called “Tank of extreme parameters /universal/”. The last vehicles Nikolai Shashmurin was involved with were the Object 286, 287 and 288 experimental rocket tanks (tanks, equipped with missile launchers instead of guns) – and so, it is completely possible that the guns of this vehicle is in fact a pair of rocket launchers…"

staurinsh #2 Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34704 battles
I hope it will be mobile as ebr.

Stevies_Team #3 Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14651 battles

It'll be a german tonk, about 1500 tons

Bora_BOOM #4 Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 29049 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

Shashmurin's Tank of Extreme Parameters

Parameters Extreme Shashmurin's Tank

PEST!

XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

Shashmurin loathed rockets (and the T-10 btw) as he was an old school believer of the might of big guns and fat slabs of steel. The guy designed the IS-2sh and the IS-7 after all. He was, let's say, disappointed when in the early fifties (khrushchev) the development was geared more towards lighter and medium sized tanks.

As much as i admire him as a brilliant designer and an engineer whose designs and innovations helped win the war. Guys like Morozov and Kartsev were more the men of their era when it came to tank design. It's very natural, some get sour as they age. :)

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 18 September 2019 - 09:00 PM.

Also tagged with heavy, double, barrell, dual, multi, gun, gunned, supertest, super

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users