Jump to content


I always feel better after a rage-sell


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Stevies_Team #1 Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:11 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14801 battles
  • 1,618
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

Dumped my  Lansen and FV4202 tonight after being killed by a canaervon ax on paris

 

I had 520 view range but he could shoot the chit out of me without being seen across a clear field of fire on the long middle road

...then once you're dead he.... "lights up!"

 

This game is doing my head in now and I'm getting rid of anything that gets trolled

A lot of tanks are there to troll the user(the loser)

 

80 tanks down to 30 so far and my last heavies are on the block


Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 19 September 2019 - 04:22 AM.


spamhamstar #2 Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:25 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 64313 battles
  • 2,479
  • [WIKD] WIKD
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 19 September 2019 - 03:11 AM, said:

Dumped my  Lansen and FV4202 tonight after being killed by a canaervon ax on paris

 

I had 520 view range but he could shoot the chit out of me without being seen across a clear field of fire on the long middle road

...then once you're dead he.... "lights up!"

 

This game is doing my head in now and I'm getting rid of anything that gets trolled

 

80 tanks down to 30 so far

 

I clearly wasn't in that battle, but I can tell you exactly what happened. 

 

You weren't trolled, you were out played by someone that understands how the spotting mechanics work.  By all means sell all your tanks, but it still wont fix this issue for you.

 

You may also wish to change your tag as it's clearly a misnomer.



kaneloon #3 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:13 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 31149 battles
  • 3,886
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

View Postspamhamstar, on 19 September 2019 - 03:25 AM, said:

You may also wish to change your tag as it's clearly a misnomer.

 

Not if he is speaking to his own tanks ...



TankkiPoju #4 Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:21 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 23978 battles
  • 7,427
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 19 September 2019 - 04:11 AM, said:

I had 520 view range but he could shoot the chit out of me without being seen across a clear field of fire on the long middle road

...then once you're dead he.... "lights up!"

 

Paris has nice trees in many places you can push down and hide behind.

 

He probably double bushed you. Well, single bushed really.

 



Negativvv #5 Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:45 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 14083 battles
  • 2,089
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

How did two of your tanks get killed by the CAX?

 

Or is one of them an innocent victim of your rage?

 

Should have down voted Paris on map rotation.



Gruff_ #6 Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:54 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22826 battles
  • 1,317
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011
You could post a replay? Lansen is a nice tanks isn't it?!

undutchable80 #7 Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:03 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 12516 battles
  • 4,150
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

I only 'rage sell' tanks that were negatively impacting my blood pressure during grinding. 

 

Have had some bad buys with premiums in the past; most get parked way in the back of the garage. Only one was doing my head in so bad I traded it in: the T-34-3 for the WZ-120-1-FT. Best. Decision. Ever.



Ceeb #8 Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:22 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 33239 battles
  • 6,387
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

I would never sell my FV4202.

 

E100 is the only tank I've remember rage selling.

06:23 Added after 1 minute

View Postundutchable80, on 19 September 2019 - 06:03 AM, said:

I only 'rage sell' tanks that were negatively impacting my blood pressure during grinding. 

 

Have had some bad buys with premiums in the past; most get parked way in the back of the garage. Only one was doing my head in so bad I traded it in: the T-34-3 for the WZ-120-1-FT. Best. Decision. Ever.

 

I traded the IS3A pre autoloader for the WZ-120-FT... great decision at the time



spamhamstar #9 Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:16 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 64313 battles
  • 2,479
  • [WIKD] WIKD
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012

 

View PostGruff_, on 19 September 2019 - 05:54 AM, said:

You could post a replay? Lansen is a nice tanks isn't it?!

 

 

I'm not sure he came here looking for help, as he already knows & understands it all. 

 

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 18 September 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

Help, understanding spotting

 

Sometimes it works...

 

and sometimes you wonder wtf is going on....

 

There you go

Glad I could help

 

Personally I found the "hide spam" option in settings & haven't been spotted since.

 



Lagalaza #10 Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:29 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10810 battles
  • 513
  • [W0WW] W0WW
  • Member since:
    08-11-2018

Spotting mechanics are so integral to this game. Probably the most important thing to learn. Remember that most often the guy who shoots you isn't lighting you up, someone else is!!

 

As for "Rage Sold".... don't do it. If you really don't like a tank then fair enough but surely keep it to exchange it. Much better value. FV4202 is a great tank in FL with that 3.6 second reload. If you get yourself a bit of cover you can snipe Progs to pieces. And the Lanson... well, that's just daft coz it's really good.



Flicka #11 Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:58 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23473 battles
  • 249
  • [CELL] CELL
  • Member since:
    10-25-2011
Maybe change your nick to If_I_Die_still_14_more_to_kill?

8126Jakobsson #12 Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:07 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 80858 battles
  • 5,620
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostGruff_, on 19 September 2019 - 06:54 AM, said:

Lansen is a nice tanks isn't it?!

 

Yes. Yes it is.



TankkiPoju #13 Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:30 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 23978 battles
  • 7,427
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

Only premium tank I really rage sold was T34. The gunner had one game too much where his fat fingers missed every shot.

 

Sometimes I think woul be fun to buy it back, play one game and resell it. Just to feel the joy of selling it.

 

But you have never really rage sold a tank, until you first sell the tank and then also kick the crew into oblivion. As warning to others.


Edited by TankkiPoju, 19 September 2019 - 10:33 AM.


Stevies_Team #14 Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:42 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14801 battles
  • 1,618
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

View Postundutchable80, on 19 September 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:

I only 'rage sell' tanks that were negatively impacting my blood pressure during grinding. 

 

Have had some bad buys with premiums in the past; most get parked way in the back of the garage. Only one was doing my head in so bad I traded it in: the T-34-3 for the WZ-120-1-FT. Best. Decision. Ever.

 

Now thats weird because my T34-3 is turning into a real honey, its gun handling is better than the Lansens now

 

The morning after the night before and "Je ne regrette rien"

My Lansen was like a CDC with no gun handling, a 4 or 5 skill crew too

 

Some tanks seem to be set up like a one armed bandit which has been fixed to never pay out no matter how much time and credits you put into them

 

The FV is falling rapidly out of the current meta and I got shell racked once too often

 

By the time they buff these things I'll have 100 million plus credits and can get them back via the recovery tool, I aint wasting any more credits on crew books, that Lansen has taught me a valuable lesson

 

So it's back to the fray!

Forwards to Victory!



undutchable80 #15 Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:24 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 12516 battles
  • 4,150
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View PostStevies_Team, on 19 September 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

 

Now thats weird because my T34-3 is turning into a real honey, its gun handling is better than the Lansens now

 

The morning after the night before and "Je ne regrette rien"

My Lansen was like a CDC with no gun handling, a 4 or 5 skill crew too

 

Some tanks seem to be set up like a one armed bandit which has been fixed to never pay out no matter how much time and credits you put into them

 

The FV is falling rapidly out of the current meta and I got shell racked once too often

 

By the time they buff these things I'll have 100 million plus credits and can get them back via the recovery tool, I aint wasting any more credits on crew books, that Lansen has taught me a valuable lesson

 

So it's back to the fray!

Forwards to Victory!

I think we all have tanks that we perform well / bad in when others have a different experience. ;) Glad you like yours though!



Tilly042 #16 Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:54 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 35507 battles
  • 312
  • Member since:
    09-08-2012

The FV was a calculated sale for me.  It was just one big ammo rack and just couldn't seem to get a break with it but I have the Aussie Cent 5/1 anyway which is much more forgiving on the many occasions I mess up. 

 

I did however rage sell my E100 which I now regret.  The FV though I don't miss at all.    



gunslingerXXX #17 Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:49 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 13147 battles
  • 3,507
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

I never feel the urge to rage-sell. Takes too much time. If I rage it is just Alt+F4. (Or break keyboard or mouse)



Gruff_ #18 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22826 battles
  • 1,317
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011
Wish I could send you credits for your 2nd hand Lansen I'd use it :)

Stevies_Team #19 Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:26 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14801 battles
  • 1,618
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

View PostGruff_, on 19 September 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

Wish I could send you credits for your 2nd hand Lansen I'd use it :)

 

That's one of the things I regret about this game, you can't pass stuff on for other players who may love it (and losing the buy back option in the process)

 

I also wish I could donate XP and credits to players who carry the team in randoms, like a really good spotter



Bordhaw #20 Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:02 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15293 battles
  • 5,221
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostStevies_Team, on 19 September 2019 - 03:11 AM, said:

80 tanks down to 30 so far and my last heavies are on the block

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users