Bbc cheat

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

kaneloon #1 Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:27 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31018 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

Damn ... did you know that there are cheats in online games ? I had no idea.

https://www.bbc.com/...ming-for-others

Sad that no games is devoid of this, that some will always need it, under the pretence that it's fun.

malachi6 #2 Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles
Evidence of cheating is not proof of cheating.  Additionally, many cheats do not work for a server-based game.  Even the article quoted equivocates with the word suggests.

Baldrickk #3 Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I'll be honest, https://www.bbc.co.u...hemical-factory caught my eyes more, as it involves a tank.

Edited by Baldrickk, 19 September 2019 - 12:51 PM.

Inappropriate_noob #4 Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:53 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17352 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
Hmm so Discord is the place to go,lol,no wonder most use that voice thing now

View PostBaldrickk, on 19 September 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

I'll be honest, https://www.bbc.co.u...hemical-factory caught my eyes more, as it involves a tank.

Lol, funny yet not so funny at the same time.

But back on topic, why does WG not close down or go after the downloadable hacks you can get

Edited by Nebiros_1, 19 September 2019 - 05:23 PM.

TheDrownedApe #5 Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49898 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
My lad (18) does this with CSGO accounts. Not sure exactly what but he sells them all around the world

4nt #6 Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29475 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 19 September 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

Lol, funny yet not so funny at the same time.

But back on topic, why does WG not close down or go after the downloadable hacks you can get

How?

Cease and desists do jack when server is on private machine, on a privately owned ip. And considering, most cheat selling servers are physically in countries where selling cheats isn't even a minor infraction on legal side, it's hard to crack down on them legally.

Certainly Google can be gotten to hide such sites, and IIRC discord has also occasionally agreed on shutting accounts with such activities... But those are so easily circumvented that it's almost useless to try.

Better to seed them with false flags, reverse engineer the code and include it to automated banlist. Although that costs money too, so might be that it's useless to expect much.

jack_timber #7 Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:58 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40822 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 19 September 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

Looks like one of those WVs....

spamhamstar #8 Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD

View Postmalachi6, on 19 September 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

Evidence of cheating is not proof of cheating.  Additionally, many cheats do not work for a server-based game.  Even the article quoted equivocates with the word suggests.

You what?  Proof & Evidence are synonyms. 

Some cheats clearly still work in server based games, all that remains to be seen is if up to 1/3 of players still use them.  I'd guess anyone that comes up with silly arguments against them being used is probably one of them :P

malachi6 #9 Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles

View Postspamhamstar, on 19 September 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

You what?  Proof & Evidence are synonyms. 

Some cheats clearly still work in server based games, all that remains to be seen is if up to 1/3 of players still use them.  I'd guess anyone that comes up with silly arguments against them being used is probably one of them :P

Evidence suggests a thing occurring.  Testing and measurement prove a thing.  I have evidence that suggests the earth is flat; no sense of motion, no visible curvature.  I have not proved the earth is flat.  Testing and production of contrary evidence proves the globe earth.

Not understanding this leads to the creation of an incorrect syllogism and a common outcome is the post hoc fallacy.  "I saw this, therefore, that".

Edited by malachi6, 19 September 2019 - 02:58 PM.

Jauhesammutin #10 Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23668 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View Postmalachi6, on 19 September 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

Evidence suggests a thing occurring.  Testing and measurement prove a thing.  I have evidence that suggests the earth is flat; no sense of motion, no visible curvature.  I have not proved the earth is flat.  Testing and production of contrary evidence proves the globe earth.

This is completely off-topic and I know you don't believe the earth is flat.

There shouldn't be a sense of motion. You don't feel motion when you are travelling at a constant speed. You feel like sitting still when you are in a car.

There is visible curvature. I don't see the Empire state building from here even though I should if there weren't any curvature.

Evidence of cheating is proof of cheating. Those are the same things.

Edited by Jauhesammutin, 19 September 2019 - 03:01 PM.

malachi6 #11 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles

View PostJauhesammutin, on 19 September 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

This is completely off-topic and I know you don't believe the earth is flat.

There shouldn't be a sense of motion. You don't feel motion when you are travelling at a constant speed. You feel like sitting still when you are in a car.

There is visible curvature. I don't see the Empire state building from here even though I should if there weren't any curvature.

Evidence of cheating is proof of cheating. Those are the same things.

That is actually the counter-evidence I was speaking of.  If you do not understand inertia then evidence of no motion is not proof of no motion,

pecopad #12 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29562 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View Postmalachi6, on 19 September 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

There are many kinds of cheating that can be used in server side games, actually WG has banned several thousand of players...

Big problem is cheating is that very few people actually worry about it, this not to talk about the white knights that simple refuse to admit it.

Yes it is a big problem,and its a problem that developers and the industry try to bury...

Just check out Call of Duty Modern Warfare, is still on beta and it is already plagued with hacks, like it was with black ops and WW2 betas.

Was watching the interview with the Borderlands 3 developer,when asked about cheats and hacks, he just laughed it away and said it was some fun the players were missing by not grinding and enjoying the game...

Edited by pecopad, 19 September 2019 - 05:19 PM.

malachi6 #13 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles

View Postpecopad, on 19 September 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

There are many kinds of cheating that can be used in server side games, actually WG has banned several thousand of players...

I did not say you cannot cheat in server-side games.  This is known as a straw man.

SaintMaddenus #14 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38431 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Used to play battlefield heroes before I went to WOT.  head shot as soon as I spawned on some servers, got very boring...

pecopad #15 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29562 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View Postmalachi6, on 19 September 2019 - 05:11 PM, said:

I did not say you cannot cheat in server-side games.  This is known as a straw man.

" Additionally, many cheats do not work for a server-based game.  Even the article quoted equivocates with the word suggests."

Sorry I misunderstood you... can you then explain better what you were trying to say?

Baldrickk #16 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postpecopad, on 19 September 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

" Additionally, many cheats do not work for a server-based game.  Even the article quoted equivocates with the word suggests."

Sorry I misunderstood you... can you then explain better what you were trying to say?

Many cheats

No absolutes. 

When the vast majority of cheats in games are things like wallhacks, protection is built in by clients not having access to that information when they shouldn't. 

That's what was being said

spamhamstar #17 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD

Not understanding this leads to the creation of an incorrect syllogism and a common outcome is the post hoc fallacy.  "I saw this, therefore, that".

So you ignore what I said & make up your own point to argue against.  Evidence & proof are synonyms.  They mean the same thing.

No sense of movement is not evidence for the world being flat.  No visable curvature is not evidence that the world is flat.  You're correct you haven't proved the earth is flat.  You also haven't provided any evidence that the world is flat or otherwise.

Evidence that the world is round exists in tracking the movement of the Sun & is something mankind has been aware of for at least 2000 years.

Evidence that cheats exist within WoT are replays showing players cheating, or websites offering cheat mods for downloads.  Being shot is not evidence of cheating.

Not understanding this leads to silly posts.

SaintMaddenus #18 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:31 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38431 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

"was some fun the players were missing by not grinding and enjoying the game..."

But we know that some people just enjoy ruining the game for others, that is their idea of fun.  Most of us consider these people to be sick in the head.  but there are enough people like that, because the net is mostly anonymous, to spoil games totally.

pecopad #19 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29562 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostBaldrickk, on 19 September 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

Many cheats

No absolutes. 

When the vast majority of cheats in games are things like wallhacks, protection is built in by clients not having access to that information when they shouldn't. 

That's what was being said

Baldrick, I think this discussion will take us nowhere, like the thousands of discussions we had before in this forums. Nobody knows the code for WoT, and nobody really knows how it works and if wall-hacks and other ESP hacks are possible or not, so we better not go that way.

I'v been playing on-line games almost since they were invented, always assumed online games are the wild wild west. Even played a web browser game where the developers were caught cheating, go figure....

Just remembered now, even in lan games, was playing Chess and had a friend who used to cheat... he used a Chess game,, and pretended he knew how to play chess.

Edited by pecopad, 19 September 2019 - 05:33 PM.

SovietBias #20 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38782 battles

While evidence is an indication or a sign of something, the act of offering evidence of X is usually interchangeable with proving X.

I don't understand the post hoc reference, as this fallacy implies a chronological order, absent from your example.

Edit: I messed up the quotes. Sorry Jauhesammutin.

Edited by SovietBias, 19 September 2019 - 06:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users