Can we have a serious discoussion. Crew skill

crew skill sixth sense

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

KyleRagnador #1 Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:02 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 4405 battles

Crew Skills are a nice mechanic in the game, But in my opinion there is a big issue with the skill "Sixth Sense".

It is way to powerful for being a active at 100% skill. And it is quite essential to become a good player in many Tanks.

For example new to the game people will never get it due to 220.000 crew exp wall or 2kk paywall (~5000 gold).

So they are even more weaker since they didn't even know when they are spotted. While the "big Guys" have it + extra skills + real game experiace. It kind of feels like hunting fruit flies.

Many Games would be way more interesting without the Skill at all, or if it would work at 1%

Thats my personal opinion. What do you think?

Jumping_Turtle #2 Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 69352 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
Wargaming has stated numerous times that they are thinking about giving 6th sense for free on every commander. Why they havent done it yet after all these years is still a mistery.

SaintMaddenus #3 Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:22 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38052 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Mentor and jack of all trades sounded good when I took them years ago...

unhappy_bunny #4 Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:22 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19808 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Sixth Sense is a useful skill to have. 

However, no one started the game with on any of their commanders, although with some premium tanks it is now a common offering. 

How did those players get Sixth Sense? They worked for it. 

It is not just new players who suffer. If I research and buy the next tank in a line, I have a choice. I either move a commander from the previous tank, at a cost, so the new tank has a commander with Sixth Sense, or I play without and earn Sixth Sense. If I move the commander, I then have a previous tank without Sixth Sense, so I have to earn it all over again. 

New player need to learn to play according to the skills of their crews. If they don't have Sixth Sense, they need to be aware of where they are, the chances they will have been spotted, and play accordingly. (and for those who automatically take this as a suggestion to camp, no it isn't. Its a suggestion that a little thought needs to be applied).

TomatoShooter #5 Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1116 battles

Oh please, really dont need sixth sense untill tier 6 and these days it is much easier for new players to get a decent crew really quick because:

- there are crew-xp personal reserves, 

- there are crew-xp books 

- plus you can get a free crew members with 100% first skill with easy mission.

Xandania #6 Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42798 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

Oh, this discussion again :)

Since there are so many nice to have skills out there, I'd really like to see this one for free for every living commander.

Though it would level the playing field for newer players, I also fear it could harm the game and promote an even more cautious playstyle for beginners - and therefore more sniping heavy tanks hiding behind arty...

Balc0ra #7 Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72817 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostKyleRagnador, on 19 September 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

Crew Skills are a nice mechanic in the game, But in my opinion there is a big issue with the skill "Sixth Sense".

It is way to powerful for being a active at 100% skill. And it is quite essential to become a good player in many Tanks.

Way too powerful? Well if it was not delayed I would agree. But more so then not, you get hit once it goes off for it to make a huge impact most times. And you learn more about being a good player playing without it tbh, vs it being an essential part of it. As in learning to play like you're always spotted. Vs just sitting there waiting to get shot. 

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 19 September 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

Wargaming has stated numerous times that they are thinking about giving 6th sense for free on every commander. Why they havent done it yet after all these years is still a mistery.

Console has it. But there it's kina like WOWS. It's only a discreet mark in the corner by the damage display saying "spotted". And it has a larger delay then the crew skill variant.

Nishi_Kinuyo #8 Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9062 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostBalc0ra, on 19 September 2019 - 04:33 PM, said:

Way too powerful? Well if it was not delayed I would agree. But more so then not, you get hit once it goes off for it to make a huge impact most times. And you learn more about being a good player playing without it tbh, vs it being an essential part of it. As in learning to play like you're always spotted. Vs just sitting there waiting to get shot.

It is a useful tool, certainly, but I don't think it is too powerful.

Imo, the biggest benefit from sixth sense is using it as confirmation that you've been spotted. As in: you poke a corner or fire from a bush and immediately withdraw and then check if the lightbulb pops up or not, because by the time the lightbulb pops up, you'll already be eating shells from better or pre-aimed players.

And imo, once you get used to playing with it, it tends to become a crutch. Try playing a hundred or so battles in tanks with sixth sense commanders, and then a couple in tanks without. It might not go for everybody, but I find myself handing around in the open for longer after being spotted because it slips my mind that the tank doesn't have this perk.

__Eric__ #9 Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34620 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

And if everybody has get 6th sense for free people will cry that they also want a free BIA crew.....

If you want 6th sense, there are two options: Train your crew, or use directives.

When I started playing I only got 50% crew in my tank, so please stop whining.

pecopad #10 Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29254 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Well, that's why crews are more important than tanks...

No point in moving up tiers if you don't have good crews to put on them... that's a lesson we all should learn from the start.

In this game you spend the most time grinding credits and crew experience.

RamRaid90 #11 Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25744 battles
  • [DID0] DID0
Bonds are easy to come by, and you can literally BUY the sixth sense perk. I don't get the problem. Skill 0-1 is literally 15-20 battles with boosters.

voodoospirit #12 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 29154 battles

i d leave the 6th sense to ligths only

repair to heavies/meds

firefighter to TD/heavies.

camo to med/td/lights

some specific skills to specific classes.

on the other hand, with all the boost, to get the first perk , it's very easy now.

4nt #13 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29215 battles
I use Jack of all trades as first skill

Kartoshkaya #14 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27383 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-
TDs and arties shouldn't have access to this skill.

HaZardeur #15 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 37171 battles

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 19 September 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

Mentor and jack of all trades sounded good when I took them years ago...

Randomar #16 Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27552 battles

What do you think?

Do you realize that you can retrain a crew and that Wargaming is making money out of that?

LordMuffin #17 Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 52608 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

For example new to the game people will never get it due to 220.000 crew exp wall or 2kk paywall (~5000 gold).

So they are even more weaker since they didn't even know when they are spotted. While the "big Guys" have it + extra skills + real game experiace. It kind of feels like hunting fruit flies.

Many Games would be way more interesting without the Skill at all, or if it would work at 1%

I think it should either be removed completely or be given to all commanders/radio operators for free when they reach 100% main skill.

The skill is simply to good to be behind a grind 1 skill before it becomes active.

19:20 Added after 2 minute

View PostXandania, on 19 September 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

Oh, this discussion again :)

Since there are so many nice to have skills out there, I'd really like to see this one for free for every living commander.

Though it would level the playing field for newer players, I also fear it could harm the game and promote an even more cautious playstyle for beginners - and therefore more sniping heavy tanks hiding behind arty...

So many nice skills to have??

Commander have.

Bia, repairs, camo (for some tanks) and viewrange skill as options. The rest are pretty irrelevant.

Bordhaw #18 Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View PostKyleRagnador, on 19 September 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users