Jump to content


Why is there no reward for reaching 100% when marking a tank?


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

RamRaid90 #1 Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:45 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 25744 battles
  • 7,047
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

Not that i've ever done it, but i've watched plenty of people journey to 100% after they 3 mark a tank and it's left me thinking. Why is there no reward for this?

 

Surely there should be a special camo, available only to that particular vehicle, so others in battle can see your achievement?


Edited by RamRaid90, 19 September 2019 - 04:45 PM.


Gruff_ #2 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21527 battles
  • 1,085
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011

A different coloured 3rd one on the barrel?  Cool suggestion.

I said cool, I'm so hip.. I'll get my coat....



LordMuffin #3 Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:28 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 52608 battles
  • 13,329
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostRamRaid90, on 19 September 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

Not that i've ever done it, but i've watched plenty of people journey to 100% after they 3 mark a tank and it's left me thinking. Why is there no reward for this?

 

Surely there should be a special camo, available only to that particular vehicle, so others in battle can see your achievement?

I wouldn't want any cosmetics for getting 100% in a tank.

 

It would mean I have to git gud again, and maybe try-hard a bit, for OCD reasons.



fwhaatpiraat #4 Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:51 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 58586 battles
  • 1,771
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

It is good how it currently is imo.

 

Or alternatively, it could show (little text maybe) if a person ever reached 100% gun marks or so, although that seems to be purely a OCD / bragging thing.



RamRaid90 #5 Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:07 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 25744 battles
  • 7,047
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 19 September 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

It is good how it currently is imo.

 

Or alternatively, it could show (little text maybe) if a person ever reached 100% gun marks or so, although that seems to be purely a OCD / bragging thing.

 

But why should it not be celebrated? 3 marking anything is an achievement.

 

100%ing something is just ridiculous dedication and should be rewarded, otherwise there is no point.



NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:14 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 34114 battles
  • 3,985
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostRamRaid90, on 19 September 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

But why should it not be celebrated? 3 marking anything is an achievement.

 

100%ing something is just ridiculous dedication and should be rewarded, otherwise there is no point.

 

Well there is no point to get 100%, that's the point. ;) 95% is a good enough achievement on its own, and this way more people can get the 3rd mark, instead of limiting it to the very few die-hard grinders who reach 100%.

 

Seeing a tank with the 3rd mark at 95% in battle means they're in the top 5% of the best players in that tank, and that they're a reliable player. It fills allies with more confidence than 2 marks do...at least those who notice.

 

I see it as a team morale boost, that's enough of a reward on its own...



fwhaatpiraat #7 Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:19 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 58586 battles
  • 1,771
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostRamRaid90, on 19 September 2019 - 09:07 PM, said:

 

But why should it not be celebrated? 3 marking anything is an achievement.

 

100%ing something is just ridiculous dedication and should be rewarded, otherwise there is no point.


Since 95% is the highest that gets a reward. Also, don't forget that '100%' doesn't mean you're the best of the server, you just hit a certain value. And obviously you could theoretically have more than 100%, but the game caps the MoE value at 100%, mostly for people with OCD or for bragging rights I suppose. Also if '100%' would result in something like a different color of gun marks, it would devaluate the 3 gun marks and people 'have to' grind their marked tanks again. I have several tanks at 100% (really humble brag), but I just don't need or want anything for that. It displays '100' and that's it, good enough for me.

 

Edit: this:

Block Quote

Well there is no point to get 100%, that's the point. ;) 95% is a good enough achievement on its own, and this way more people can get the 3rd mark, instead of limiting it to the very few die-hard grinders who reach 100%.

 

 


Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 19 September 2019 - 09:19 PM.


Negativvv #8 Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:44 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13155 battles
  • 1,856
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 19 September 2019 - 09:14 PM, said:

 

Well there is no point to get 100%, that's the point. ;) 95% is a good enough achievement on its own, and this way more people can get the 3rd mark, instead of limiting it to the very few die-hard grinders who reach 100%.

 

Seeing a tank with the 3rd mark at 95% in battle means they're in the top 5% of the best players in that tank, and that they're a reliable player. It fills allies with more confidence than 2 marks do...at least those who notice.

 

I see it as a team morale boost, that's enough of a reward on its own...

Although I did lose a FL game fighting alongside a Unicum Progetto with 3 marks... :hiding:

 

Not every 3 mark is equal either, mid tier ones are often pretty easy as loads yolo through the tank lowering the number substantially compared to a Prem of that tier.



kubawt112 #9 Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3378 battles
  • 758
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostRamRaid90, on 19 September 2019 - 09:07 PM, said:

 

But why should it not be celebrated? 3 marking anything is an achievement.

 

100%ing something is just ridiculous dedication and should be rewarded, otherwise there is no point.

 

Someone I know got a premium store coupon for, accidentally, getting marks (or, as the game put it, a "rare decoration" ) on his T95. Well, plural would be exaggerating - it was one mark.

 

I wonder if there's something to be had for two- or three-marking a (high-tier) tank. :P


Edited by kubawt112, 19 September 2019 - 11:26 PM.


LordMuffin #10 Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:26 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 52608 battles
  • 13,329
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostNegativvv, on 19 September 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

Although I did lose a FL game fighting alongside a Unicum Progetto with 3 marks... :hiding:

 

Not every 3 mark is equal either, mid tier ones are often pretty easy as loads yolo through the tank lowering the number substantially compared to a Prem of that tier.

This far, from T5-T9. The hardest where TOG II.

Other than that, I havent really felt a difference between say M103/Conqueror and a regular T5 or T6 heavy like T-150/T1 Heavy.



TheDrownedApe #11 Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:00 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 49553 battles
  • 6,378
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
The screen shot and likes in here should be enough cudos. I've only bothered/managed to do it in two tanks due to the pain of most MoE grinds

Immensive #12 Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:29 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 47138 battles
  • 220
  • [HOOT] HOOT
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011
I would be fine whit a decal at 100% that is only useable on the tank that you 100% marked. (Or maybe a custom style effect that is addable to your current gunmarks, like increasing brightness by 20 - 30% or something that way)

Edited by Immensive, 20 September 2019 - 07:30 AM.


tajj7 #13 Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:43 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28175 battles
  • 16,225
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

You'd essentially just be moving the goalposts for all those people that have done 3 marks as now they wouldn't have the 'top' rating, it would be annoying. 

 

Skill is doing a lot of 100% on the RU server as a personal challenge but I have never seen him request anything for it. 



iztok #14 Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:59 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles
  • 2,671
  • Member since:
    10-28-2010

View PostRamRaid90, on 19 September 2019 - 09:07 PM, said:

 

100%ing something is just ridiculous dedication and should be rewarded, otherwise there is no point.

Since there's no point, why in hell are you trying to 100%-mark it? :sceptic:

You just contradict yourself.


Edited by iztok, 20 September 2019 - 09:02 AM.


TungstenHitman #15 Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:07 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30631 battles
  • 5,765
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 19 September 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:


Since 95% is the highest that gets a reward. Also, don't forget that '100%' doesn't mean you're the best of the server, you just hit a certain value. And obviously you could theoretically have more than 100%, but the game caps the MoE value at 100%, mostly for people with OCD or for bragging rights I suppose. Also if '100%' would result in something like a different color of gun marks, it would devaluate the 3 gun marks and people 'have to' grind their marked tanks again. I have several tanks at 100% (really humble brag), but I just don't need or want anything for that. It displays '100' and that's it, good enough for me.

 

Edit: this:

 

 

 

This.

 

I hit 100% on a several easy tanks at tier6 and 7, only because I like playing them and that happened to end up that way. I had a run of very strong battles with them after I hit 100%, the sort of battle results that I knew off the top of my head were worth almost .5 or .7% of a mark when that tank is at around 100% so technically I would have run that tank onto something like 105% or more, if it wasn't capped so no, I agree, 95% is more than good enough and anything passed that would as you say, just devalue the 3 mark achievement. Plus I also genuinely think it would drive some players into a mental hospital that tried to chase 100% on some really tough tanks where realistically to get that you have to run all the improved equipment and food and shoot nothing but gold and deal like 5 or 6k combined just to move .1% of a mark lol... nah, it's fine as it is! :)



barison1 #16 Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:05 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 43589 battles
  • 2,056
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

nice idea but just no

 

makes you want to tryhard even more to get that 100% and kinda voids the current 3moe challenge/achievement as its not the "top" spot anymore

 

better off showcasing the maximum MoE% someone reached on that certain tank instead of a reward i would say

 

 



Negativvv #17 Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:16 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13155 battles
  • 1,856
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

View PostLordMuffin, on 20 September 2019 - 06:26 AM, said:

This far, from T5-T9. The hardest where TOG II.

Other than that, I havent really felt a difference between say M103/Conqueror and a regular T5 or T6 heavy like T-150/T1 Heavy.

I use mods and one of them shows prospective 3 Mark scores. They can be pretty eye opening. 

 

Progetto at T8 has average totals more like a good T9 Med. Most T10 Meds seem to need 4k+ combined average and that T95 Chieftain clan reward is insane, needs a total north of 6k+ which probably means needing to hard carry every single game...



LordMuffin #18 Posted 21 September 2019 - 10:05 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 52608 battles
  • 13,329
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostNegativvv, on 20 September 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

I use mods and one of them shows prospective 3 Mark scores. They can be pretty eye opening. 

 

Progetto at T8 has average totals more like a good T9 Med. Most T10 Meds seem to need 4k+ combined average and that T95 Chieftain clan reward is insane, needs a total north of 6k+ which probably means needing to hard carry every single game...

Much tracking involved it seems.

Tanks with decent accuracy and high rate of fire/autoloaders (like Proghetto) have a natural higher expected then tanks that doesn't have this opportunity to make a track certain (Proghetto can put 1 shot into track, he repair, and then you put 2nd into tracks and then you watch your assistance pile up).

 

I haven't played Proghetto so don't know about that exact tank. But the Cent 7/1 and T54E1 wasn't to tricky to 3 mark. I think both was done before I could research the T10.

 

That T95 Chieftain have insane value is hardly surprising, i think is played by mostly 51%+ WR players, so not many 45% WR players that drags MoE down. 

And the tank is OP aswell.

 

In general, I think TDs and Premiums and slow tanks are harder then Lights/mediums or decently fast heavies.



JCD3nton #19 Posted 21 September 2019 - 10:33 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27752 battles
  • 286
  • Member since:
    11-29-2013

+1

I will never see 100% on any tank but people who are skillful enough to do it deserve to get something in return for sure. Give them some love WG.



LordMuffin #20 Posted 21 September 2019 - 10:56 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 52608 battles
  • 13,329
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostJCD3nton, on 21 September 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

+1

I will never see 100% on any tank but people who are skillful enough to do it deserve to get something in return for sure. Give them some love WG.

1K gold.

Nothing visual.

 

Interesting thread. 

 

All the posters who have 3-marked tanks and maybe reached 100% don't want anything or it.

 

The posters who say they don't have the skill to reach 100% or 3 marks, they do want something to be there.


Edited by LordMuffin, 21 September 2019 - 11:00 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users