Being pushed around

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Caldrig #1 Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 514 battles

The good news is that since patch 1.6 I don't get shot by friendly fire any more. The bad news is that this didn't exactly solve the problem of for example me parking in a good spotting position bush, and somebody else coming and being angry at me having taken his favorite spot. So now I get deliberately bumped into to ruin my shots, or worse, pushed out of the bush or over a cliff.

And yeah, I know the official answer to that. This is "physics abuse" and should be reported. Only I feel that Wargaming basically turned off friendly fire just to stop doing that sort of customer support. A physics abuse report is far more complicated than the old automated "turning blue" system, you only get a canned reply, and nothing ever happens in consequence.

What should I do if somebody is trying to push me around?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:09 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

Handling a physics abuse report is not your job to worry about. You just need to attach a replay and the punishment is often severe since they disabled friendly fire.

As for what you should do, you should put as much distance between you and the griefer as possible. Switch flanks, leave him alone and if he persists just pick a safe spot and stay there till he gets bored and go away. Don't go AFK and try to do damage till the bitter end. :)

Inappropriate_noob #3 Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:10 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17506 battles
I must admit i do get mad when I see mediums in spot where TD's should go

IntruderFI #4 Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50626 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostNoobySkooby, on 19 September 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

Why? Its a game they are allowed to go where ever they want.

There are no magical you need to go here positions in this game.

Robbie_T #5 Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20377 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostCaldrig, on 19 September 2019 - 05:58 PM, said:

The good news is that since patch 1.6 I don't get shot by friendly fire any more. The bad news is that this didn't exactly solve the problem of for example me parking in a good spotting position bush, and somebody else coming and being angry at me having taken his favorite spot. So now I get deliberately bumped into to ruin my shots, or worse, pushed out of the bush or over a cliff.

And yeah, I know the official answer to that. This is "physics abuse" and should be reported. Only I feel that Wargaming basically turned off friendly fire just to stop doing that sort of customer support. A physics abuse report is far more complicated than the old automated "turning blue" system, you only get a canned reply, and nothing ever happens in consequence.

If he's 2 tiers higher give him the spot....

Why? because he will be more usefull on that good spot...in dmg done ,spotting range.

And  i played 20k  battles and the times i got pushed away is maybe 5 times ....

So if you get pushed a lot....i think the problem is with that player.

And the last time i did it was a time ago where a armored td was killing of my tomatoes 1 by 1 and a LT that was blocking my way (between 2 buildings ) i pushed away to finish of that armored td

MR LT was verry pissed (although he didnt get hit by anything )...looked after the battle yep 41% tomato so i took the right choice.

Edited by Robbie_T, 20 September 2019 - 03:29 AM.

fwhaatpiraat #6 Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 60163 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostNoobySkooby, on 19 September 2019 - 06:10 PM, said:

What do you mean with "where TDs should go"?

splash_time #7 Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13526 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNoobySkooby, on 19 September 2019 - 08:40 PM, said:

Um, since when TDs spot? Or even go close to spotting positions? (There's exception when no lights exist in battle, but MT tanks do spotting job usually.) 

Edited by splash_time, 20 September 2019 - 06:56 AM.

Kartoshkaya #8 Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27468 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-

View PostCaldrig, on 19 September 2019 - 05:58 PM, said:

The bad news is that this didn't exactly solve the problem 

Don't worry forumites told me banning xvm will remove toxicity in this game

Edited by Kartoshkaya, 20 September 2019 - 10:53 AM.

SaintMaddenus #9 Posted 20 September 2019 - 11:30 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38854 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I get mad when I see "should do" statements   except "top teir should not go beach"  that one I agree with.

SuperOlsson #10 Posted 20 September 2019 - 11:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24028 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
Where are all the pushers people promised would appear? I've encountered one so far but i think that was by mistake (a light during late game cleanup tunnel-visioning and then rams me at full speed out of my cover just after I fired and retreated).

Edited by SuperOlsson, 20 September 2019 - 11:44 AM.

TargetX75 #11 Posted 20 September 2019 - 04:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20698 battles

View PostRobbie_T, on 20 September 2019 - 02:46 AM, said:

If he's 2 tiers higher give him the spot....

Why? because he will be more usefull on that good spot...in dmg done ,spotting range.

And  i played 20k  battles and the times i got pushed away is maybe 5 times ....

So if you get pushed a lot....i think the problem is with that player.

And the last time i did it was a time ago where a armored td was killing of my tomatoes 1 by 1 and a LT that was blocking my way (between 2 buildings ) i pushed away to finish of that armored td

MR LT was verry pissed (although he didnt get hit by anything )...looked after the battle yep 41% tomato so i took the right choice.

I was driving td, Nice def pos back behind, he was driving t8 heavy tank. just decided he fancied my parking spot. and his cammo being worse, he got shot at almost immediately, only after I got killed

this happens also with the oni players, cause their tank is so powerful, just pushed my poor Black Prince into the open where I got killed in 3 shots.

another pet pieve is being hidden in a bush, nice camo rating, then this heavy or med comes and parks right next to or in front of you, and shells that miss him takes you out

Dorander #12 Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostCaldrig, on 19 September 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

It is correct that reporting someone for physics abuse is a bit more work than the old automated teamdamage system, but then the old automated teamdamage system had some immense flaws. Violations for physics abuse, if reported correctly which means making a politely worded ticket, attaching a replay and specifying the time as requested, is being taken very seriously lately. Many players have reported here that after making such a ticket, the players in question suddenly ceased activity. You may get a canned response, but that does not mean they don't also actually do something. Evidence suggests they do.

Standardized replies are just a convenient way of giving the same information over and over again, not a sign that your case isn't being handled. In fact, not having to write a personal answer every time, leaves more time to undertake action. So make those tickets, attach those replays, give  customer support the information they need to act swiftly and decisively.

Mr_Burrows #13 Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 49502 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostDorander, on 20 September 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

It is correct that reporting someone for physics abuse is a bit more work than the old automated teamdamage system, but then the old automated teamdamage system had some immense flaws. Violations for physics abuse, if reported correctly which means making a politely worded ticket, attaching a replay and specifying the time as requested, is being taken very seriously lately. Many players have reported here that after making such a ticket, the players in question suddenly ceased activity. You may get a canned response, but that does not mean they don't also actually do something. Evidence suggests they do.

Standardized replies are just a convenient way of giving the same information over and over again, not a sign that your case isn't being handled. In fact, not having to write a personal answer every time, leaves more time to undertake action. So make those tickets, attach those replays, give  customer support the information they need to act swiftly and decisively.

Had a geezer in his T55A come chasing me in my EVEN for reasons I cannot even fathom, looking at the replay. I had chat turned off, so maybe there are some clues that has been lost there, but anyway. He drove straight into my side, pushed me up a cliff side, shot me once, then sped off again, shooting me one more time as he went away. I had not shot at him, had not blocked him, had not even see him up until that point in battle. 

The very courteous answer to my ticket was that WG does take this seriously, and looking at this fellas stats since that game, he had some action taken against him. 

That is about it. Was actually my second ticket ever, but I will take my time and report any further rule violations when it comes to pushing. 

I do not see any connection between this incident and the removal of team damage, btw. Thing is just that now WG looks at the tickets, instead of the copy/past answer "use in game report button". 

I think this is a good thing. 

Dorander #14 Posted 21 September 2019 - 09:57 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostMr_Burrows, on 20 September 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

I do not see any connection between this incident and the removal of team damage, btw. Thing is just that now WG looks at the tickets, instead of the copy/past answer "use in game report button". 

I think this is a good thing. 

Well what you are describing is a connection, but yeah, that's basically what I was referring to. They might've been dealing with physics abuse equally seriously before, I don't really know when that system got implemented as I seldomly have a reason to report for physics abuse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users