Jump to content


Why the AE Phase 1 is worth it - Frontline thoughts.


  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

the_nebuchadnezzar #21 Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:12 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54778 battles
  • 1,681
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    08-19-2013

View Postshikaka9, on 21 September 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

Today killed two almost full HP with my LHMTV .… one by snipping to side ... another by circling around.... seen like 10 of them ... so far not a single good battle .. all been massacred by tier X bois

Reported for hax...



Long_Range_Sniper #22 Posted 22 September 2019 - 10:13 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 37663 battles
  • 10,791
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

Does anyone actually play FL just for the reward tanks? If you're not good enough to get one through either the personal campaign missions or CW then it's a good idea for WG to have a unique tank you can't buy that literally anyone can own.

 

I always play FL for credits and grinding tier 8 tanks, so the AE Phase 1 and the Emil 1951 are just a bonus. I was away this week and just did the last grind to prestige X yesterday and today. Just done my first game in the AE Phase 1, and top tier it was quite fun. A win, 4.3k damage, high calibre, and confederate. I will probably just park it now, but that infinite large repair kit makes it more cost effective to run, and so who knows.?



demon_tank #23 Posted 22 September 2019 - 10:45 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26890 battles
  • 1,580
  • [RED_S] RED_S
  • Member since:
    11-18-2012

View PostChristOfTheAbyss, on 22 September 2019 - 04:59 AM, said:

90-100hrs in frontline is far too much for AE, it would be too much for the Chieftain for me.

 

View Postthe_Haba, on 22 September 2019 - 07:00 AM, said:

Hey, 80 hours of "work" for a mediocre tank is totally not as bad as it sounds, right?

 

I find it kind of funny that the rewards for the game mode where you mostly played fast meds and light tanks are... heavies.

 

Its 100 hours spread over a period of 10 months. Its only 10 hours a month if you can do math. You try to make it seem horrible when its not.

 

Plus you dont get the fact that the rewards are 2 tanks , 7000 bonds , 3200 gold and 25-50 million credits. For you its not worth it ?

Then you re a special kind of guy then.



Jumping_Turtle #24 Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:06 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 70089 battles
  • 7,728
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 22 September 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

Does anyone actually play FL just for the reward tanks? If you're not good enough to get one through either the personal campaign missions or CW then it's a good idea for WG to have a unique tank you can't buy that literally anyone can own.

 

Me. Got the 260 and am close to the Chimera but due to workhours I am not able to compete in Clanwars for tanks so this is a nice alternative to get two 'free' tanks. Although I would have quit if it werent for the reserves. This grind is way too much and I wont be participating for sure next season if it stays the same. I even don't like Frontline anymore. Am at prestige 8 now, so on schedule for the Phase I.



ChristOfTheAbyss #25 Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:39 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 251 battles
  • 457
  • Member since:
    07-22-2019

View Postdemon_tank, on 22 September 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

 

 

Its 100 hours spread over a period of 10 months. Its only 10 hours a month if you can do math. You try to make it seem horrible when its not.

 

Plus you dont get the fact that the rewards are 2 tanks , 7000 bonds , 3200 gold and 25-50 million credits. For you its not worth it ?

Then you re a special kind of guy then.


When 1 hr of Frontline gameplay is horrible, 100 sure sounds wayyyy worse, no matter how long period it is spread out.

 

No, not worth it and am not alone with it. People who grind a tank in a gamemode that they dont enjoy are the most special kind. No amount of rewards is enough for it.


Edited by ChristOfTheAbyss, 22 September 2019 - 11:40 AM.


Long_Range_Sniper #26 Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:48 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 37663 battles
  • 10,791
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 22 September 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

 

Me. Got the 260 and am close to the Chimera but due to workhours I am not able to compete in Clanwars for tanks so this is a nice alternative to get two 'free' tanks. Although I would have quit if it werent for the reserves. This grind is way too much and I wont be participating for sure next season if it stays the same. I even don't like Frontline anymore. Am at prestige 8 now, so on schedule for the Phase I.

 

I think FL does become a grind. When the changed around the combat reserves a lot of the strategic aspects changed because it was a nerf to light tanks. It then just became a grind, and then they found out that players weren't grinding so had to add the FL x2 reserves.

 

I didn't start this week till yesterday because I was away, but already the new map is getting as predictable as the old map.



Wintermute_1 #27 Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:02 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 50663 battles
  • 2,288
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

View PostAXIS_OF_RESISTANCE, on 21 September 2019 - 10:02 PM, said:

Have it and i don't see a reason why i should click battle i will stick to my standard b to deliver guaranteed winrate\dmg .

 

You're right what other reason could there possibly be for clicking battle than delivering a guaranteed win rate and damage. Congratulations on the most souless and sterile post ever made.



ChristOfTheAbyss #28 Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:15 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 251 battles
  • 457
  • Member since:
    07-22-2019

View PostWintermute_1, on 22 September 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

 

You're right what other reason could there possibly be for clicking battle than delivering a guaranteed win rate and damage. Congratulations on the most souless and sterile post ever made.

 

Some people get enjoyment from winning and not from dragging your team down...



DeathByMort #29 Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:36 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14843 battles
  • 172
  • Member since:
    06-20-2011

Is it worth it if you have to go from 0-10 in 3 bloody weeks? I wasn't playing or aware of frontline rewards until recently so the grind I am currently subjecting myself to is pretty soul crushing. Done 4 prestige this week, hope it was worth it. And we do definitely have 2 more episodes after this right? 

 

Still the mode is fun, if I wasn't grinding i would be having a blast.



Wintermute_1 #30 Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:58 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 50663 battles
  • 2,288
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

View PostChristOfTheAbyss, on 22 September 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

Some people get enjoyment from winning and not from dragging your team down...

 

Then why would you play? most of the time you aren't getting any enjoyment right (if like Axis) WR and Damage are your only reasons to click battle.

 

You need to make a distinction between singular and plural when it comes to reasons for clicking battle. And also for those players where stats are the be all and end all.



_b_ #31 Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:35 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 57376 battles
  • 4,167
  • Member since:
    04-06-2011

Tried FL a couple of matches when is started, and found out that I didn't enjoy it overly much ...even with very nice silver income and possibility of rewards at end.

 

TBH, I've got enough premium tanks and also fortunate enough to be able to buy me stuff should I really want it ... so done with forced grinds.  Can't even be arsed to spend the 15% discount on actually anything to get new tanks....

 

If I play, it's for laughs and relaxation.

 

But for you who have managed it and enjoyed the journey, good for you and enjoy the tanks and other rewards! :great:



ChristOfTheAbyss #32 Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:50 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 251 battles
  • 457
  • Member since:
    07-22-2019

View PostWintermute_1, on 22 September 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

 

Then why would you play? most of the time you aren't getting any enjoyment right (if like Axis) WR and Damage are your only reasons to click battle.

 

You need to make a distinction between singular and plural when it comes to reasons for clicking battle. And also for those players where stats are the be all and end all.

 

Then why would I play? To win and have fun, like my previous post stated. What makes you think most of the time I dont get enjoyment?



OIias_of_Sunhillow #33 Posted 22 September 2019 - 07:59 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 26015 battles
  • 3,427
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011

Got it....!

And the Emil 1951.

 

Holy crap that's been a tough 'grind'.



Bulldog_Drummond #34 Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33392 battles
  • 10,596
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View Post_b_, on 22 September 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

Tried FL a couple of matches when is started, and found out that I didn't enjoy it overly much ...even with very nice silver income and possibility of rewards at end.

 

TBH, I've got enough premium tanks and also fortunate enough to be able to buy me stuff should I really want it ... so done with forced grinds.  Can't even be arsed to spend the 15% discount on actually anything to get new tanks....

 

If I play, it's for laughs and relaxation.

 

But for you who have managed it and enjoyed the journey, good for you and enjoy the tanks and other rewards! :great:

 

I did two or three FL games a year ago but I'd rather watch paint dry.



Etre_ #35 Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:30 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 60924 battles
  • 1,520
  • [GTD] GTD
  • Member since:
    04-21-2014
the tank is not bad but is tier 9 ... 

Edited by Etre_, 22 September 2019 - 08:30 PM.


RamRaid90 #36 Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:47 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 26007 battles
  • 7,122
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostBora_BOOM, on 21 September 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

 Also, it does break the monotonous randoms.

 

The monotonous randoms. Where I can play on a possible 20+ maps for 7 minutes each, as opposed to 2 maps for 20 minutes+ each....

 

Silly Bora.



AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #37 Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:54 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3752 battles
  • 409
  • [WOTI-] WOTI-
  • Member since:
    12-21-2017

View PostWintermute_1, on 22 September 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

 

Then why would you play? most of the time you aren't getting any enjoyment right (if like Axis) WR and Damage are your only reasons to click battle.

 

You need to make a distinction between singular and plural when it comes to reasons for clicking battle. And also for those players where stats are the be all and end all.

I understand your point but i'm looking at it from the point of averages on the long run ,enjoyment is subjective some meme around with derp tanks some play for marks some just grind tanks ...etc you get my point ,if you see someone enjoying(average WR and Damage in my case)  the game in particular way you don't understand it doesn't mean it's not fun ,you should look at it from a wider perspective .



HavocLP #38 Posted 23 September 2019 - 04:32 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7939 battles
  • 23
  • [PPC] PPC
  • Member since:
    07-22-2011

View PostDeathByMort, on 22 September 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

Is it worth it if you have to go from 0-10 in 3 bloody weeks? I wasn't playing or aware of frontline rewards until recently so the grind I am currently subjecting myself to is pretty soul crushing. Done 4 prestige this week, hope it was worth it. And we do definitely have 2 more episodes after this right? 

 

Still the mode is fun, if I wasn't grinding i would be having a blast.

Yes it is, why not. Plenty of credits and other perks too.

If you did 4 prestige then I think you are safe. Just twice more left. Wargaming cannot even do the math properly. So when you hit 30 lvl at prestige 9, than you are done. You do not have to grind 30 levels at prestige 10. That's it...So actually there are only 9 prestige to grind in whole FL. Wonder why no one mention that yet ;)  Good luck mate.



chainreact0r #39 Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:28 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 34762 battles
  • 517
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011

View PostHavocLP, on 23 September 2019 - 04:32 AM, said:

Yes it is, why not. Plenty of credits and other perks too.

If you did 4 prestige then I think you are safe. Just twice more left. Wargaming cannot even do the math properly. So when you hit 30 lvl at prestige 9, than you are done. You do not have to grind 30 levels at prestige 10. That's it...So actually there are only 9 prestige to grind in whole FL. Wonder why no one mention that yet ;)  Good luck mate.

You actually start at 0.

So it takes one prestige worth of time to get to 1, two prestige worth of time to get to 2, .... , 10 to get to 10. 

Math is hard sometimes.



Bora_BOOM #40 Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:42 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 28865 battles
  • 3,981
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostRamRaid90, on 22 September 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

 

The monotonous randoms. Where I can play on a possible 20+ maps for 7 minutes each, as opposed to 2 maps for 20 minutes+ each....

 

Silly Bora.

 

What I have meant to say was monotonous randoms in terms of getting to play with bots. On the other hand, in FL I am getting to play with bots as well.

 

It is not silly, it is complicated. :trollface:


Edited by Bora_BOOM, 23 September 2019 - 06:43 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users