Why the AE Phase 1 is worth it - Frontline thoughts.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Inappropriate_noob #41 Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:14 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17659 battles

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 21 September 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

Yeah, I changed my mind about the AE. I'm going for it.

I've managed to nab the Emil 1951, and am currently ploughing towards the AE.

How do you even find the credit things you need for these tanks, are you awarded then at the end of the season or something?

If it is worse then the Conqueror, then no it is not worth it, don't like the look of that frontal plate at all.

06:20 Added after 6 minute

View PostChristOfTheAbyss, on 22 September 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

Then why would I play? To win and have fun, like my previous post stated. What makes you think most of the time I dont get enjoyment?

Depends on the map, and if your attacking or defending, The old map, I more or less just press alt F4, 25 minutes of pure purgatory, the new map I like, at least on that one I an get some kills, yet to find anywhere in the game where it tell s me of any rewards for FL

adameitas #42 Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 71546 battles
I think its not about tank/tanks it is about game mode. And i founded it very boring (also got tired of that first map and very unbalanced second one..), xp bonuses helps but still i dont want to play it more then couple of hours per week. As for tanks AE1, it is t9. We have 3 t8 USA prem heavies, for every taste and they unlike AE1 are 2 in 1. Bonds? well still no clue how will bonds shop gonna look and seem wg simply struggle have tanks for it (and i have both fv and 155 and all those tanks are not good), gold is good but it isnt like 5 or 10 k that you could use for longer term PA or get a t7/t8 prem tank. Introduce of reserves showed that many people may not be very interested in mode. Sure it is only first season maybe next year it will be different/better. We will see.

undutchable80 #43 Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:06 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13777 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It has a number of novel aspects like the infinite repair kit, and the exclusivity of it. Watched QB and Skill4ltu YT vids on it and they were not overly impressed; slightly worse Conqueror and it was considered balanced by both players,which in itself is nice. Unlike some other Reward tanks WG have released...(I dont play CW, so I cant compare time invested in that mode to (have a chance to) get a 907 or Chieftain). However, I do feel since the tank is so balanced, the amount of time spent to get it feels ambiguous; sure, I also got A LOT of credits, crew training and regular tech tree grinding done, but ending up with an ' ok' tank, WG adding something like a full BiA crew with the AEP-1 would make it just a little more rewarding of the time invested imo.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #44 Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:27 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 26721 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNoobySkooby, on 23 September 2019 - 06:14 AM, said:

How do you even find the credit things you need for these tanks, are you awarded then at the end of the season or something?

If it is worse then the Conqueror, then no it is not worth it, don't like the look of that frontal plate at all.

06:20 Added after 6 minute

Depends on the map, and if your attacking or defending, The old map, I more or less just press alt F4, 25 minutes of pure purgatory, the new map I like, at least on that one I an get some kills, yet to find anywhere in the game where it tell s me of any rewards for FL

When in FrontLine mode, click the FrontLine 'star', at the top of the screen. All the info you need is on the pop-up pages. It's not external, it's all in the garage.

Gremlin182 #45 Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 60969 battles

Its a reward tank and I don't find reward tanks rewarding enough.

If I win or buy a premium tank it has the same crew training advantages as the reward tank but it also have very low running costs

Losing a game or just taking a lot of damage while doing well does not mean losing credits.

Reward tanks are just rare standard tanks you can stick multiple crews in so unless the tank itself is fun or interesting to play I am not interested.

Stevies_Team #46 Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17345 battles

AE Phase 1

A Tier 9 Non premium

Best of luck with that one lol

Kartoshkaya #47 Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27922 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-
Solid tank, perfectly balanced imo. If only all rewards were like this one... I'm planning to play it a lot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users