Basically my game crashes

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Goating #1 Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21904 battles
  • [COBRA] COBRA

I've had this problem ever since I got my laptop. Always crashes at random without giving me a report. It's been worse now with the newest update were it crashes whenever I enter a battle and when I try to get back, it usually crashes 3 to 15 times or more, depending on how lucky I am, before I can finally enter the battle that I was trying to join back into.

As you would ask; why don't you contact the support team? 

I've tried ever since I got the laptop 3 years ago to help me with the issue. Still, nothing changed.

So I thought I would ask here for help because I don't seem to be getting anywhere with this and I really don't wanna deal with this for another 3 years.

Can anyone give some sort of help with this? Please? :(

(My laptop is an MSI GE72VR 6RF Apache Pro with Intel Core i-7-6700HQ CPU 2.60GHz processor and a GTX 1060 graphics card.)

Balc0ra #2 Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72692 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I mean, you're not giving us much to go by if it's been an issue for 3 years. Like listing things you have tested or even attempted to sort out. 

Like is it just this game, and other games works just fine? Do you always play WOT with mods? Have you monitored the system when playing, as in CPU and GPU temp etc? Done regular driver updates? What kind of OS do you run? Have you disabled background apps that come with the laptop like soundcard or Intel overlays etc? Or anything running in the background, even stuff you installed yourself? As we have had topics were the cause was basically overlay programs that came installed by default, or even discord have caused some crashes with its overlay on.

Basically anything you can think of that you have tested or done to help others that come here later narrow it down for you.

EdvinE20 #3 Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 39791 battles
  • [-AEG-] -AEG-
Tried something as simple as re-installing the game? Update drivers? Stress test your PC to see that it's running stable and/or not overheating?

Verbal_kint_742 #4 Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:32 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 53507 battles

Make sure that your lapton is not overheating.

Run "memtest86" for a night at least.

jack_timber #5 Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:17 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40279 battles

Laptops are notoriously bad with heat issues unless you clean them out, fluff etc, every couple of months, I know had 2 of them I used to play WoT on. Only way I found that was effective was to strip laptop down to get the fan out give it a good clean and also clean out the fins on the heatsink, not a task for the fainthearted....

Run MSI afterburner and see what's happening you can also alter the fan speed curve V heat.

Goating #6 Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21904 battles
  • [COBRA] COBRA

View PostBalc0ra, on 22 September 2019 - 01:18 AM, said:

I mean, you're not giving us much to go by if it's been an issue for 3 years. Like listing things you have tested or even attempted to sort out. 

Like is it just this game, and other games works just fine? Do you always play WOT with mods? Have you monitored the system when playing, as in CPU and GPU temp etc? Done regular driver updates? What kind of OS do you run? Have you disabled background apps that come with the laptop like soundcard or Intel overlays etc? Or anything running in the background, even stuff you installed yourself? As we have had topics were the cause was basically overlay programs that came installed by default, or even discord have caused some crashes with its overlay on.

Basically anything you can think of that you have tested or done to help others that come here later narrow it down for you.

Yes, you are right. As you can guess by the time I posted this, it was very late at night for me and I wasn't very level headed. 

Either way to reply to the questions; 1: Yes, it is only this game that does this. 2: I don't use mods. 3: I have, hasn't been a problem. 4: I always keep up to date with the drivers. 5: Windows 10 64bit. 6:  This I haven't tried doing yet and I will after posting this. 7: Nothing that could affect gameplay-wise, no.

I went by the question marks in the quote, so just follow them by that.

Thanks for the reply as well. :)

PayMore #7 Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27337 battles
Its the realtek/sound soft ware that crashes!

Goating #8 Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21904 battles
  • [COBRA] COBRA

View PostPayMore, on 22 September 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

Its the realtek/sound soft ware that crashes!

-I've looked into this; not the issue. It's working fine.-

Never bloody mind. You actually might be right. I've uninstalled it and somehow it's working better now.

I am going to test a few games in training rooms and see if this has fixed it.

12:07 Added after 5 minute

View PostEdvinE20, on 22 September 2019 - 02:21 AM, said:

Tried something as simple as re-installing the game? Update drivers? Stress test your PC to see that it's running stable and/or not overheating?

I've done everything above. Still same issue.

Edited by GameOfTanks123, 22 September 2019 - 01:37 PM.

Goating #9 Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21904 battles
  • [COBRA] COBRA

Give PayMore a cookie. Thanks, man! :)

Balc0ra #10 Posted 22 September 2019 - 04:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72692 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostGameOfTanks123, on 22 September 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

-I've looked into this; not the issue. It's working fine.-

Never bloody mind. You actually might be right. I've uninstalled it and somehow it's working better now.

I am going to test a few games in training rooms and see if this has fixed i.

So it was an app that comes preinstalled? As is the case with many of these topics. Tho not all of them have been for sound. So at least you got a solid pointer towards it to figure it out. Hope it stays "clean" then from now on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users