Jump to content


Spotting bug?

Replay

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Vela_ZG #1 Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:51 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28003 battles
  • 746
  • [CBS87] CBS87
  • Member since:
    10-09-2013

Someone please explain this situation to me... It happened at 10:22, my view range is 520m and I got zero assistance, I was 158m away from him. (T28 proto) How did someone else spot him before me, and how did I get zero assistance? If this is a part of spotting mechanics in WOT, how the hell am I supposed to do that god damn LT15/4?? So lets say someone else, 200m behind me spotted him, how did I get no assistance? I saw him the moment he was spotted, and I was the closest tank to him.

BTW, I have 5 skill crew plus focus on target. This is the summit of frustration, this game.

http://wotreplays.eu...-ch_tillon_12_t

 


Edited by Vela_ZG, 23 September 2019 - 12:09 PM.


Stevies_Team #2 Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:11 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13892 battles
  • 1,436
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

Spotting bug?

 

In WoT???

No, not possible

 

:trollface:



Jauhesammutin #3 Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:21 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23668 battles
  • 1,015
  • [FAUF] FAUF
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View PostVela_ZG, on 23 September 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

Someone please explain this situation to me... It happened at 10:22, my view range is 520m and I got zero assistance, I was 158m away from him. (T28 proto) How did someone else spot him before me, and how did I get zero assistance? If this is a part of spotting mechanics in WOT, how the hell am I supposed to do that god damn LT15/4?? So lets say someone else, 200m behind me spotted him, how did I get no assistance? I saw him the moment he was spotted, and I was the closest tank to him.

BTW, I have 5 skill crew plus focus on target. This is the summit of frustration, this game.

http://wotreplays.eu...-ch_tillon_12_t

 

I'm not on PC, so can't watch the replay at the moment.

 

Do you realize that you get assistance when you are spotting a tank which your teammates can't spot. It doesn't matter if you spot the tank first. If your teammates can also "spot" the tank then they are shooting for their own spots and not on your spots. 



Vela_ZG #4 Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28003 battles
  • 746
  • [CBS87] CBS87
  • Member since:
    10-09-2013

View PostJauhesammutin, on 23 September 2019 - 12:21 PM, said:

I'm not on PC, so can't watch the replay at the moment.

 

Do you realize that you get assistance when you are spotting a tank which your teammates can't spot. It doesn't matter if you spot the tank first. If your teammates can also "spot" the tank then they are shooting for their own spots and not on your spots. 

I do, but this situation is really specific. Take a look when you can.



Balc0ra #5 Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:24 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 73496 battles
  • 20,925
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

You did not spot him. You had a full row of double bushes between you and him that more or less gives him max camo vs you. So at 158m away with 10+ double bushes between you and him, you won't get anything as your LOS lines won't even spot him, yet alone keep him spotted to share anything.

 

I suspect going by the assistance on the Jpz E100, he spotted him, as he had a direct line of sight right to him in the gap in the tree line. Pershing was above him, but he only had 100 assist. So I doubt he did spot him.


Edited by Balc0ra, 23 September 2019 - 12:25 PM.


L3gionaire #6 Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:26 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25072 battles
  • 265
  • [L2GND] L2GND
  • Member since:
    03-09-2014

View PostVela_ZG, on 23 September 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

Someone please explain this situation to me... It happened at 10:22, my view range is 520m and I got zero assistance, I was 158m away from him. (T28 proto) How did someone else spot him before me, and how did I get zero assistance? If this is a part of spotting mechanics in WOT, how the hell am I supposed to do that god damn LT15/4?? So lets say someone else, 200m behind me spotted him, how did I get no assistance? I saw him the moment he was spotted, and I was the closest tank to him.

BTW, I have 5 skill crew plus focus on target. This is the summit of frustration, this game.

http://wotreplays.eu...-ch_tillon_12_t

 

 

Post a ticket to Support.

They'll watch the replay and explain the situation.

 

 



Vela_ZG #7 Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28003 battles
  • 746
  • [CBS87] CBS87
  • Member since:
    10-09-2013

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 September 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

You did not spot him. You had a full row of double bushes between you and him that more or less gives him max camo vs you. So at 158m away with 10+ double bushes between you and him, you won't get anything as your LOS lines won't even spot him, yet alone keep him spotted to share anything.

 

I suspect going by the assistance on the Jpz E100, he spotted him, as he had a direct line of sight right to him in the gap in the tree line. Pershing was above him, but he only had 100 assist. So I doubt he did spot him.

What's the point, this is really stupid. I can't lose my nerves any more...


Edited by Vela_ZG, 23 September 2019 - 12:28 PM.


azakow #8 Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:29 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 83049 battles
  • 5,015
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostVela_ZG, on 23 September 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

Someone please explain this situation to me... It happened at 10:22, my view range is 520m and I got zero assistance, I was 158m away from him. (T28 proto) How did someone else spot him before me, and how did I get zero assistance? If this is a part of spotting mechanics in WOT, how the hell am I supposed to do that god damn LT15/4?? So lets say someone else, 200m behind me spotted him, how did I get no assistance? I saw him the moment he was spotted, and I was the closest tank to him.

BTW, I have 5 skill crew plus focus on target. This is the summit of frustration, this game.

http://wotreplays.eu...-ch_tillon_12_t

 

You have not understood the spotting mechanics at all.

Yet you are aiming for 8k assisted dmg missions AND claiming bugs.

:facepalm:

Educate yourself!

 

 

 

11:30 Added after 1 minute

View PostVela_ZG, on 23 September 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

What's the point, this is really stupid. I can't lose my nerves any more...

8k assist dmg, you need knowledge, patience, awareness, patience, ...

 

Simply play LT it will com one day.

:)



Kartoshkaya #9 Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:38 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27468 battles
  • 962
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015

View PostVela_ZG, on 23 September 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

What's the point, this is really stupid. I can't lose my nerves any more...

So, in the end, game is too hard for you.



Balc0ra #10 Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:40 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 73496 battles
  • 20,925
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostVela_ZG, on 23 September 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

What's the point, this is really stupid. I can't lose my nerves any more...

 

Point is that you are trying to spot targets that take cover behind rows of double bushes. And basically gives anything 80% camo vs you, drastically reducing your effective spotting range. As each one of those bushes in front gives them 50% more camo vs you, at max cap of 80%.  As your effective spotting distance then is their camo % vs your view range. And 80% vs 520 more or less makes that at around 120m "Edit: or rather 138m to be exact". He was 158m away. Thus you were not credited with anything, the friendlies behind you were, as they saw him past a breakage in the cover to get his camo down to 3.8% again.

 

 


Edited by Balc0ra, 23 September 2019 - 12:44 PM.


Baldrickk #11 Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:49 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32165 battles
  • 16,833
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 September 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

 

Point is that you are trying to spot targets that take cover behind rows of double bushes. And basically gives anything 80% camo vs you, drastically reducing your effective spotting range. As each one of those bushes in front gives them 50% more camo vs you, at max cap of 80%.  As your effective spotting distance then is their camo % vs your view range. And 80% vs 520 more or less makes that at around 120m "Edit: or rather 138m to be exact". He was 158m away. Thus you were not credited with anything, the friendlies behind you were, as they saw him past a breakage in the cover to get his camo down to 3.8% again.

 

 

Wow,  yeah,  not going to spot anything through all that. 

 

You'd think that would be logical enough...

I mean,  how many bushes can you see through IRL?







Also tagged with Replay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users