Apologize to WG

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Solstad1069 #1 Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:52 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45138 battles

A few days ago i started a thread that was called: "WG - Give AFK players 0 XP."

A couple of you guys said that they do, as Balc0ra in his post:

"There is an afk system. But like with the old team damage system. It takes one or two idles here and there as a mishap. Disconnects and crashes etc, and don't punish them for it. But get 3 or 4 in a short time and you start to get 0 xp and credits along with a warning. Keep at it after that, and you get a temp ban. The system has been there for years as a simple solution to fight idle bot farming that was a huge issue 6-7 years ago."

So my last battle for the evening this happen. TS5 afk in base all battle, but as the last enemy goes down he explodes.
Funny part he spots for almost 3K damage and gets NOTHING. 

Attached Files

• Attached File   does work.PNG   476.26K

kubawt112 #2 Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Good thing that there's an automated system to suspend repeat offenders. :)

Balc0ra #3 Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74388 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I rarely see a zero XP idle these days. But they do appear now and then to show it works.

GrannyPanties #4 Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1158 battles
I think it 0 exp if you never moved from where you at. Got to move at least 50m

Balc0ra #5 Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74388 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostGrannyPanties, on 23 September 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

Oh it's nothing to do with how much you move. But it should be tbh before the idle penalty sets in. As in zero input you should not get the bonus from how much damage you did as a team.

WoT_RU_Doing #6 Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58788 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

If the tank explodes at the end of the battle, it's because he actively pressed escape and deserted, and your team won or there was a draw. The tank remains in place so that it can still be farmed by the enemy. Of course can also be used as a spotter if the team is losing the base.

The AFK system is different, and takes a longer term view (like the friendly fire system used to). Obviously, deserting also feeds into it, but the AFK system also monitors frequent AFK due to internet interruptions for example, and will issue warnings and bans (I know, I used to have a very bad laptop).

Homer_J #7 Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:15 PM

Field Marshal

• 32930 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGrannyPanties, on 23 September 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

It's cleverer than that.  I've seen people who drove to a bush then went afk get 0 exp.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74388 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 23 September 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

If the tank explodes at the end of the battle, it's because he actively pressed escape and deserted, and your team won or there was a draw. The tank remains in place so that it can still be farmed by the enemy. Of course can also be used as a spotter if the team is losing the base.

The AFK system is different, and takes a longer term view (like the friendly fire system used to). Obviously, deserting also feeds into it, but the AFK system also monitors frequent AFK due to internet interruptions for example, and will issue warnings and bans (I know, I used to have a very bad laptop).

I thought it was under the same banner? As in it farms "dots" on service, get too many in a short period and you get the same penalty.  As both ends you up with zero XP of you do it too often. And both explode if they survive the battle too. 

WoT_RU_Doing #9 Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:52 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58788 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 September 2019 - 10:52 PM, said:

I thought it was under the same banner? As in it farms "dots" on service, get too many in a short period and you get the same penalty.  As both ends you up with zero XP of you do it too often. And both explode if they survive the battle too.

No, you can sit and do absolutely nothing without exploding, in fact that happens far more often. I assume this indicates afk as in gone for a coffee/the boss phoned or whatever. Detonating the tank if someone had deliberately deserted is actually documented somewhere by WG, I think possibly as a line item in the patch notes for a patch a few years ago. It caught my attention at the time that I saw it, because I'd been wondering for sometime why it only happens sometimes.

Cobra6 #10 Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16531 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Good to know. Since one goes accidentally AFK less then once every 100-200 battles or so, this can be quite a lot stricter.

If you find that you disconnect/have to go AFK more often, don't press battle. *OR* stick to Tier 1 until your crashes are fixed as at that tier it really doesn't matter if you are AFK or not.

Cobra 6

fwhaatpiraat #11 Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:43 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 60163 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Recently I also went afk from the start of the battle. When I came back enemy tanks were in our base already. I managed to dump one clip in the enemies directly in front of me and then got killed. So I was active for 15 seconds in the entire battle. And STILL I ended top 5 XP and damage wise...

Solstad1069 #12 Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:55 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45138 battles

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 23 September 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

I doubt he escaped this battle him self. Simply because he explodes AFTER the last enemy is dead. Why would anyone do that when the game already is won.
To do that you would also have to time it very well.

8126Jakobsson #13 Posted 24 September 2019 - 08:03 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 80858 battles

View PostSolstad1069, on 24 September 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

I doubt he escaped this battle him self. Simply because he explodes AFTER the last enemy is dead. Why would anyone do that when the game already is won.

I would be very surprised to see a tank self detonate before the last enemy is dead since a deserted tank always explodes after the game is over, doesn't matter when the player left. :P

axelking227 #14 Posted 24 September 2019 - 10:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17019 battles
  • [S__L] S__L

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 September 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

I rarely see a zero XP idle these days. But they do appear now and then to show it works.

see for me recently i have this happen alot the 0 exp thing ...becuase when i get brain dead maps like some of this newer un though out trash i just leave the second i boot in and play another tank....... its not my fault the maps are so bad that we refuse to paly them :)

BlueSnail #15 Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22357 battles
  • [KBAD] KBAD

View Postkubawt112, on 23 September 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

Good thing that there's an automated system to suspend repeat offenders. :)

I have communicated with players who repeatedly leave battles.

They report that they have never been penalized.

So I do not think there is a reliable automatic system in place.

Geoffrey_Ironfist #16 Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28267 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

View PostHomer_J, on 23 September 2019 - 11:15 PM, said:

It's cleverer than that.  I've seen people who drove to a bush then went afk get 0 exp.

I have never paid much attention on whether they get 0 exp but that seems fair. My understanding is that you get 0 exp for desertion, i.e. if you leave a battle before the battle ends. On the other hand, to be punished with a ban if you got disconnected from the battle would not seem fair.

Something I see sometimes is someone go somewhere near the red line or behind a building and spend all time there but then move or fight when an enemy tank spots him and threatens him. I have also seen tanks in mid to high tiers who have taken as many as 11 shots without hitting anything. I am not sure if either counts as inactivity. Would you report them? Does it matter if you do or don't?

View PostBlueSnail, on 24 September 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

I sometimes have asked players not participating in the battle why they were not shooting and I had the impression from their replies that at least some of them were doing this regularly for own reasons while still connected. Not snipers, I am talking about usually heavy tanks that had parked themselves in a safe spot near the map edge and were doing nothing all battle and had 0 damage at the end. They seemed to have gotten some exp.

Edited by Geoffrey_Ironfist, 24 September 2019 - 12:07 PM.

WoT_RU_Doing #17 Posted 24 September 2019 - 03:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58788 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostSolstad1069, on 24 September 2019 - 06:55 AM, said:

I think you missed the point, Typically when players desert, they do so at the start of the battle (normally just after making a comment about how much they like the MM or WG). The tank stays inactive on the battlefield. The team win. THEN his tank explodes.

It is possible to desert and have your tank explode after you've won.....I often instinctively press escape when the battle ends in my impatience to move to the next one, and on one occasion accidentally pressed the YES button. That's annoying as I lost my XP. However, as you say that is probably very rare. Normally the tank exploding belongs to a player that deserted much earlier.

It was introduced in 0.7.0, but WG hasn't kept the patch notes online for that far back (the ones in the Wiki don't have the full description).

kubawt112 #18 Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostBlueSnail, on 24 September 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

I meant to be ironic. I don't actually think that there's any sort of system, beyond getting a big fat zero experience if you're literally immobile from the start of multiple back-to-back games, because apparently most people can't play in peace and quiet. I dunno.

Heck, seeing as being literally useless is, in fact, not quite against the rules of the game, I'm rather tempted to check what actually happens.

Randomar #19 Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28319 battles
It doesn't change a thing.
If a player doesnt move, doesn't shot, it not deserves a single experience point.

Those suckers can see our winning chance with a mod at the start and decide to play with another bot account in the meantime.

It is almost likely that Wargaming let us play with scum against other scum, as long the shekel flows. Do they have an alliance with people selling ebay accounts?

And when someone does it repeatly, he does it consciously. It is not so that they fall asleep. They don't loose the connection to the server. THEY know better how often they can do this without being punished.

He is stealing a slot in my team, that is 14:15 players. Any of you WN8 masters can calculate this?
Do I get a refund? Do I play with 15 against 14 players the next time?

No, because there are thousands of them.
That's another reason why most of the games have a outcome of 4:15 after 2 minutes.

They deserve no protection, no fairness - We, the normal players demand this treatment!

Edited by Randomar, 24 September 2019 - 04:47 PM.

8126Jakobsson #20 Posted 24 September 2019 - 08:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 80858 battles

View Postkubawt112, on 24 September 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

I meant to be ironic. I don't actually think that there's any sort of system, beyond getting a big fat zero experience if you're literally immobile from the start of multiple back-to-back games, because apparently most people can't play in peace and quiet. I dunno.

Heck, seeing as being literally useless is, in fact, not quite against the rules of the game, I'm rather tempted to check what actually happens.

I thought you -UM guys had figured all of this out by now. Well everything except for complete inactivity in battle, I guess.  :bajan:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users