Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche cars in World of tanks

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

_HakunaMatata_ #1 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:25 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 68839 battles

Hi Tankers,

I just want to open this thread and speak about this freaking meaningless Russian fantasy or idea to put these fast tanks on wheels that are impossible to hit when they scout. Do you guys really think it's right? Is this normal? This game has lost the meaning of World of Tanks since these tanks have been put to the game. You have one of it on flat map and you die because it will scout you and you will never be able to hit it.

Every time I have a match on flat map, these French light tanks are destroying the match. It has nothing to do with how good or bad you are. They just destroy the whole match not allowing us to enjoy it.

Am I the only one here who is mad or you guys are cool with it?

I find this idea out of reality and has nothing to do with world of tanks anymore.

Stevies_Team #2 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12106 battles

Just aim properly

and LT432 is a wheelie killer

fwhaatpiraat #3 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58377 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I think they are a great addition to the game!

Dava_117 #4 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:43 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22448 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I have no problem with WV. Their gun are inaccurate and lack in pen and alpha. Plus their blind as bats and many time I could avoid being spotted in HTs!

People just need to adapt and start aiming well at them.

Bora_BOOM #5 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:44 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28338 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

I like the aim better argument. In Progetto I can hit the whole clip or at least two shells into any target. I said hit, not pen, that is a different matter. The misses occur on distances or bad rng.

However, hitting a wheelchair is a different thing. Last week in FL I actually gave up on shooting them. After one of them ran in between our tanks and running out taking no dmg it did it again. Eventually got damaged and lived. What I have managed to do is full two clips. 5 missed, one hit with no dmg. Nuf said.

Dava_117 #6 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:46 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22448 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Don't know you case, but my KV-4 seems hitting and damaging them quite reliably under 250m.

war4peace #7 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:49 AM

Colonel

• Translator
  • 29694 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStevies_Team, on 25 September 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

Just aim properly

„Just aim properly” doesn't apply when:

- The vehicle you shoot at does a U-turn between the time your shell left the gun and the time it was supposed to hit the moving target<

- The vehicle reaches its position before you reach yours, negating you and your team the possibility to deploy

- The vehicle's body size is smaller than your fully aimed reticle size at distances 150m and above, not to mention you need to rotate your gun (good luck doing that with most TDs), not to mention half of that body size is comprised of wheels which are shell eaters.

Just came out of a battle on Pilsen, during which our EBR Hotchkiss went straight for the enemy TD risge, sitting under their guns and negating their whole flank. A Conway, a Steyr WT, a STG and an IS-3 were caught there for minutes, not able to move or relocate because our team was advancing on that flank. In the end, both the IS-3 and the Steyr TW had to sacrifice themselves to cast the EBR away. 

Now here's the interesting bit: while the EBR's contribution was obviously essential towards our victory, it did not reflect in the post-game stats. He came 4th from the bottom as XP, with 0 damage and 1310 assisted damage. Now, if someone would post those stats we would all say "bah he didn't do much", while he obviously did if you watched the replay (yes, I have the replay).

Now this is only one of the many reasons wheeled vehicles have altered the game more than any other class (or sub-class, if you will), even arty. As such, I consider wheeled vehicles as broken (NOT OP) and in dire need of redesign. I had proposed reducing their radio range in such a way that they can no longer rely enemy positions to their own team which is 400m behind.

Bora_BOOM #8 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:50 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28338 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostDava_117, on 25 September 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

Don't know you case, but my KV-4 seems hitting and damaging them quite reliably under 250m.

It is not that I am not being able to hit them, but with that hit/dmg ratio I am better of saving my clip for something else. Yes, I am shooting it when there are no targets, but otherwise, I don't bother.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #9 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20533 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP
Do I think those things make this a better game? No. Neither do SPGs, silly high alpha tds and certain newer tier X tanks -in my opinion. The thing is that a lot of players like to play all of those. Also, no doubt a lot of players hate things about the game I like. We all just have to try to get along.

tajj7 #10 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28151 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postwar4peace, on 25 September 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

Just came out of a battle on Pilsen, during which our EBR Hotchkiss went straight for the enemy TD risge, sitting under their guns and negating their whole flank. A Conway, a Steyr WT, a STG and an IS-3 were caught there for minutes, not able to move or relocate because our team was advancing on that flank. In the end, both the IS-3 and the Steyr TW had to sacrifice themselves to cast the EBR away. 

Now here's the interesting bit: while the EBR's contribution was obviously essential towards our victory, it did not reflect in the post-game stats. He came 4th from the bottom as XP, with 0 damage and 1310 assisted damage. Now, if someone would post those stats we would all say "bah he didn't do much", while he obviously did if you watched the replay (yes, I have the replay).

Now this is only one of the many reasons wheeled vehicles have altered the game more than any other class (or sub-class, if you will), even arty. As such, I consider wheeled vehicles as broken (NOT OP) and in dire need of redesign. I had proposed reducing their radio range in such a way that they can no longer rely enemy positions to their own team which is 400m behind.

I think your example highlights EXACTLY why they are good for a game, a bunch of campers, one of which is a freaking heavy tank got punished for their poor play.

Whereas in a normal situation they would sit there on that OP ledge with elevation, concealment, hard cover, and clear LOS over most approaches outspotting anything that dared to attack them or progress the game. Probably killing or crippling anything that was spotted near them or tried to win the game, despite them not moving or trying to do anything all game. Basically complete easymode camping that a child could do competently in due to how strong those positions are and something that completely shuts down attacking play. 

Even though all they did for this OP position was drive like 100m from spawn, fought no one, didn't earn it or contest it, they literally got a very strong position by default and it takes very little skill to punish people from these sort of positions that infest most of the maps in the game.

(also the tier 7 WV is rubbish and not that fast, if people can't hit they are not very good, it only goes 70kph and has a power to weight lower than many lights)

Which is why IMO WVs are very good for the game and not at all broken, they punish poor play, they punish campers, they punish arty, they break OP camping spots and they make big gun TDs and derpy heavies weaker, all of which is a good thing.  

Edited by tajj7, 25 September 2019 - 09:58 AM.

Stevies_Team #11 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12106 battles

and while you aim angle your armour while trying to predict his intended run

have your turret moving the right way...  which is sometimes the wrong way for 3 seconds

wheelie killing is predictive multitasking, its a different skill set

I'm not too bad at killing 'em

But I can't play an EBR for pants, apart from the basics, they are difficult tanks to play properly

Edited by Stevies_Team, 25 September 2019 - 10:07 AM.

Bora_BOOM #12 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:01 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28338 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 25 September 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

Do I think those things make this a better game? No. Neither do SPGs, silly high alpha tds and certain newer tier X tanks -in my opinion. The thing is that a lot of players like to play all of those. Also, no doubt a lot of players hate things about the game I like. We all just have to try to get along.

Fun is not enough of the argument for something to be in the game that nobody actually asked for. WoT could have lived without them just fine. Some improvements to lights would be good enough. They could have invested all the resources to fix other things instead of getting something that is fun for the NFS players while annoying many others.

One-shotting equal tier heavy or td is fun (FV, deathstar)

Hitting and penning with arta for 1k dmg across map is fun.

WT E100 clip was fun.

Outspoting an lt in leffe is fun.

Derping HE premium Type 5 was fun.

Yolo in 268-4 is/was fun.

Sealclubbing T67 is fun.

E5 before nerf was fun.

_HakunaMatata_ #13 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:02 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 68839 battles
But we all miss a point here. You are in open, and this thing spots you. While you aim for it, his team cooks you up. You can't aim at them as heavy or td then getting killed by their teams. My point here is not hit them or damage them. My point is their ability to spot you and end your match in a minute. 

ThinGun #14 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:04 AM

Major

• Player
  • 40030 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View Post_HakunaMatata_, on 25 September 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

But we all miss a point here. You are in open, and this thing spots you. While you aim for it, his team cooks you up. You can't aim at them as heavy or td then getting killed by their teams. My point here is not hit them or damage them. My point is their ability to spot you and end your match in a minute. 

Don't get caught in the open?   Just saying ....

tajj7 #15 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28151 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Post_HakunaMatata_, on 25 September 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

You could try not sitting in the open with multiple guns able to shoot you. 

If your game is ended in a minute by just being spotted by a WV, you have played badly. 

_HakunaMatata_ #16 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:09 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 68839 battles

View PostThinGun, on 25 September 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

Don't get caught in the open?   Just saying ....

But open is while you try to move. Game starts, you want to leave the place you started the game from and bang you get spotted and half of your health is gone. They are fast, you can't move away that fast.

4nt #17 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29191 battles
It's still not different at all from being caught with your pants down by any mobile LT. If one knows there is a wheelchair or LT prowling about, a. Why go to open instead of parking your butt at nearest stone or b. Ignore the bugger (vk/257 can pretty much give finger to any LT not in rear) and kill his pals first.

_HakunaMatata_ #18 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:11 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 68839 battles

View Posttajj7, on 25 September 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

You could try not sitting in the open with multiple guns able to shoot you. 

If your game is ended in a minute by just being spotted by a WV, you have played badly. 

No man, it has nothing to do with me playing good or bad. I don't know how come you don't know what I mean. You start the game, you move and get spotted, you see the ferrari and what you do? AIM or try to run. How can you run when already you get hit because the spotting is like 3 seconds later. You get notified 3 seconds later that you were spotted. No way you can hide run or what ever. You're already half of your hp.

Bora_BOOM #19 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:12 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28338 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View Posttajj7, on 25 September 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

I think your example highlights EXACTLY why they are good for a game, a bunch of campers, one of which is a freaking heavy tank got punished for their poor play.

Whereas in a normal situation they would sit there on that OP ledge with elevation, concealment, hard cover, and clear LOS over most approaches outspotting anything that dared to attack them or progress the game. Probably killing or crippling anything that was spotted near them or tried to win the game, despite them not moving or trying to do anything all game. Basically complete easymode camping that a child could do competently in due to how strong those positions are and something that completely shuts down attacking play. 

Even though all they did for this OP position was drive like 100m from spawn, fought no one, didn't earn it or contest it, they literally got a very strong position by default and it takes very little skill to punish people from these sort of positions that infest most of the maps in the game.

(also the tier 7 WV is rubbish and not that fast, if people can't hit they are not very good, it only goes 70kph and has a power to weight lower than many lights)

Which is why IMO WVs are very good for the game and not at all broken, they punish poor play, they punish campers, they punish arty, they break OP camping spots and they make big gun TDs and derpy heavies weaker, all of which is a good thing.  

Pretty much true what you said but the way they are doing it and the amount of the annoyance they bring to many players evens it out. The scenario in which wheeled vehicles work requires good players which is most often not the case. Them being fun just for a fact that they are fast is enough for an avg/bad player to do stupid moves and stay alive with it. And although countering them is not much of an issue for a good player it is an unsolvable mystery for the majority.

What would be a solution is a good question. In my opinion the shell-eating wheels should be redesigned. They do keep the wheeled vehicles longer alive but at the same time make allowing ridiculous plays. Without that "feature" playing them would require a bit more skill, but I think players would not try insane things like running into 5 enemies. They would still allow fast spots and preventing camping by fast spots, but would require a bit more caution. Others would at least have their hits doing damage and not get annoyed with hitting them every blue moon and then - nope, absorbed. 

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 25 September 2019 - 10:18 AM.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #20 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20533 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

View PostBora_BOOM, on 25 September 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

Fun is not enough of the argument for something to be in the game that nobody actually asked for. WoT could have lived without them just fine. Some improvements to lights would be good enough. They could have invested all the resources to fix other things instead of getting something that is fun for the NFS players while annoying many others.

One-shotting equal tier heavy or td is fun (FV, deathstar)

Hitting and penning with arta for 1k dmg across map is fun.

WT E100 clip was fun.

Outspoting an lt in leffe is fun.

Derping HE premium Type 5 was fun.

Yolo in 268-4 is/was fun.

Sealclubbing T67 is fun.

E5 before nerf was fun.

On the contrary fun is a very important argument when making decisions over a game. The problem is making sure that adding new fun elements doesn't interfere too much with people who are not interested in them. A rather impossible task really.

I agree with all of your examples and would call them mistakes, as in interfering too much with what makes the game fun for others. Making those mistakes was fine. If nothing new is tried, the game will eventually become boring. Unfortunately WG seems to take forever to correct the mistakes and in case of premium tanks, make ones they can't fix.

Often progress is made when people are offered something they couldn't even imagine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users