Jump to content


Land Mines = solution for Ferrari EBR tanks


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

ziratulbihac #1 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:39 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4246 battles
  • 129
  • [PABLO] PABLO
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

Imagine having a landmines in Wot where Light tanks would have like 3 charges of Anti-Tank mines.

 

It is a known thing that Light Tank crews and even specialized vehicles were deploying Land Mines.

 

Now imagine EBR going 100 km/h and suddenly evaporate into thin air due to anti-tank land mine. 

 

Would something like that destroy WoT concept of the game? Would it make the game even more chaotic?   



Dava_117 #2 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:44 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22477 battles
  • 4,944
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postziratulbihac, on 25 September 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

Imagine having a landmines in Wot where Light tanks would have like 3 charges of Anti-Tank mines.

 

It is a known thing that Light Tank crews and even specialized vehicles were deploying Land Mines.

 

Now imagine EBR going 100 km/h and suddenly evaporate into thin air due to anti-tank land mine. 

 

Would something like that destroy WoT concept of the game? Would it make the game even more chaotic?   

 

A coincidence is that WG is actually testing landmine in sandbox server. 

Still those would be a terrible addition to the game IMO.



wolfsrain #3 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:47 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 62447 battles
  • 300
  • [LASO] LASO
  • Member since:
    11-15-2010
Errr...I take it no one played Homefront. That was the first time where you could see landmines in action...Not exactly something that i look forward...

Dava_117 #4 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:49 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22477 battles
  • 4,944
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postwolfsrain, on 25 September 2019 - 09:47 AM, said:

Errr...I take it no one played Homefront. That was the first time where you could see landmines in action...Not exactly something that i look forward...

 

How was landmine in HF working? I played just a couple of eastern front division and non of them had mines, so I'm quite curious about how WG implemented it.


Edited by Dava_117, 25 September 2019 - 09:50 AM.


Thejagdpanther #5 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:50 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37277 battles
  • 4,796
  • [TKBS] TKBS
  • Member since:
    07-16-2012
The only real use of mines would be to fill the "overlord" beach map.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:53 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,314
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostDava_117, on 25 September 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

How was landmine in HF working? I played just a couple of eastern front division and non of them had mines, so I'm quite curious about how WG implemented it.

 

They were very funny and effective but extremely dangerous to use. You had to get close to an advancing bot, say a Panther or a Tiger. Deploy the minefield ahead of them and run away. Was fun and lots of flying turrets. :)


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 25 September 2019 - 09:53 AM.


HaZardeur #7 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:02 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 37171 battles
  • 1,634
  • Member since:
    08-14-2010

View PostDava_117, on 25 September 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

 

A coincidence is that WG is actually testing landmine in sandbox server. 

Still those would be a terrible addition to the game IMO.

 

*edited*


Edited by SilviettaG, 25 September 2019 - 05:25 PM.
Non constructive


tajj7 #8 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:03 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28175 battles
  • 16,225
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

I don;t think campers need even more tools to protect them and I don't think active and aggressive playing to win should be even more punished than it already is.

 

We already have the game full of OP base/red line camping spots that are near impossible to outspot or flank, that are infested with high alpha or high camo TDs, and then anyone that manages to avoid all that by using the terrain gets crapped on by the multiple arty in most games.

 

You then somehow manage to get through all that and get close to the noob campers and then get killed by mines, yeh no thanks.

 

Game rewards easymode camping too much as it is, we need more tools to make camping harder, not the other way round.

 

Give lights the recon plane consumable from Frontlines IMO so they can light up TD camping nests and get those bobs punished for their passive play.



Nishi_Kinuyo #9 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:06 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9062 battles
  • 6,250
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostHaZardeur, on 25 September 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

The Landmine part was a translation error as Landmines and high explosive translates the same in rasha... which is good because having them would make the game even more crap on top of arti stun.

That makes a lot more sense, tbh.



ziratulbihac #10 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:10 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4246 battles
  • 129
  • [PABLO] PABLO
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

View Posttajj7, on 25 September 2019 - 09:03 AM, said:

I don;t think campers need even more tools to protect them and I don't think active and aggressive playing to win should be even more punished than it already is.

 

We already have the game full of OP base/red line camping spots that are near impossible to outspot or flank, that are infested with high alpha or high camo TDs, and then anyone that manages to avoid all that by using the terrain gets crapped on by the multiple arty in most games.

 

You then somehow manage to get through all that and get close to the noob campers and then get killed by mines, yeh no thanks.

 

Game rewards easymode camping too much as it is, we need more tools to make camping harder, not the other way round.

 

Give lights the recon plane consumable from Frontlines IMO so they can light up TD camping nests and get those bobs punished for their passive play.

 

Well why not Mines + Recon Planes... but again.. that gameplay would be chaotic ... 



reddog102 #11 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:18 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 10019 battles
  • 67
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011
Excellent idea and add mine clearance devices to some tanks to clear paths through minefields

Dava_117 #12 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:42 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22477 battles
  • 4,944
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostHaZardeur, on 25 September 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

 

The Landmine part was a translation error as Landmines and high explosive translates the same in rasha... which is good because having them would make the game even more crap on top of arti stun.

 

Nice to know. Tanks. :great:



chainreact0r #13 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:45 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 34660 battles
  • 468
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011

View Posttajj7, on 25 September 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

Give lights the recon plane consumable from Frontlines IMO so they can light up TD camping nests and get those bobs punished for their passive play.

 

If you make the area relatively small like 25/25m2, so it could only be used to spot someone you know is there and not just light up the entire team whenever you want, this would be an excellent idea.



Schepel #14 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:48 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 65859 battles
  • 3,721
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013

View Posttajj7, on 25 September 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

I don;t think campers need even more tools to protect them and I don't think active and aggressive playing to win should be even more punished than it already is.

 

We already have the game full of OP base/red line camping spots that are near impossible to outspot or flank, that are infested with high alpha or high camo TDs, and then anyone that manages to avoid all that by using the terrain gets crapped on by the multiple arty in most games.

 

You then somehow manage to get through all that and get close to the noob campers and then get killed by mines, yeh no thanks.

 

Game rewards easymode camping too much as it is, we need more tools to make camping harder, not the other way round.

 

Give lights the recon plane consumable from Frontlines IMO so they can light up TD camping nests and get those bobs punished for their passive play.

 

Yea, let's punish vision games by no risk no brain easy mode spotting. This would make the game unplayable for anything not sporting heavy armour. The maps need fewer red line camping spots, I very much agree on that one, but the solution you propose is worse than the ailment it is supposed to cure.



Kartoshkaya #15 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:51 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27383 battles
  • 950
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015
Javelin launcher would be way more efficient

tajj7 #16 Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:04 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28175 battles
  • 16,225
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View Postchainreact0r, on 25 September 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

 

If you make the area relatively small like 25/25m2, so it could only be used to spot someone you know is there and not just light up the entire team whenever you want, this would be an excellent idea.

 

It would need adjusting yeh for the smaller map, like maybe a map square max or something and with a long cooldown that meant it could only be used say like 2 times at best in an average game, maybe 3 times in a longer game, like 3 minutes or something (which would also prevent it being used in the first few minutes to light up the whole team).

 

 

View PostSchepel, on 25 September 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

 

Yea, let's punish vision games by no risk no brain easy mode spotting. This would make the game unplayable for anything not sporting heavy armour. The maps need fewer red line camping spots, I very much agree on that one, but the solution you propose is worse than the ailment it is supposed to cure.

 

Vision games? There are no vision games, 99% of the bobs in those positions know nothing about the spotting mechanics and with the OP bush mechanics they don't need to because they default outspot things.

 

Vision games used to be about double bushing, knowing distances to enemy tanks and working out their view range/your camo, anticipating what other tanks might have spotting angles on you. It had actual skill involved.

 

Now you can just take whatever tank with the worst camo, camp on some OP ledge, sit there and outpsot anyone whatever with no regards for their view range or double bushing, you just do it by default.

 

Having a spotter plane as a potential risk that might get your spotted actually puts some risk back into camping, not the default engagement win it currently is. 

 

 


Edited by tajj7, 25 September 2019 - 11:42 AM.


LordMuffin #17 Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:32 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 52608 battles
  • 13,329
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostDava_117, on 25 September 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

 

How was landmine in HF working? I played just a couple of eastern front division and non of them had mines, so I'm quite curious about how WG implemented it.

It was insanely strong and let you win T3 with T2 tanks without much issue.



Balc0ra #18 Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:46 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72817 battles
  • 20,698
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostDava_117, on 25 September 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

 

How was landmine in HF working? I played just a couple of eastern front division and non of them had mines, so I'm quite curious about how WG implemented it.

 

Drive close to a Tiger behind a ridge, get next to him and put it down with him in the middle of the grid, as it was short-range use with a rectangle shaped area with the long side towards your tank. Placed like that it more or less did 1500 damage instantly. But if he crossed it normally it was 300 to 400 ish damage pr mine as he crossed. Mostly tracking him with each one.

 

View PostHaZardeur, on 25 September 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

 

The Landmine part was a translation error as Landmines and high explosive translates the same in rasha... which is good because having them would make the game even more crap on top of arti stun.

 

So basically HE reworks again vs a new mechanic? But events have always been a "sandbox" for testing new stuff. Homefront was to test AI as WG said. But who knows with regards to some of the consumables. Then again I suspect this could be a FL only thing or CW etc more so then randoms if added. As adding consumables like that to randoms would make zero sense.

 



Hellfoxe #19 Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23873 battles
  • 692
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011

View Postziratulbihac, on 25 September 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

Imagine having a landmines in Wot where Light tanks would have like 3 charges of Anti-Tank mines.

 

It is a known thing that Light Tank crews and even specialized vehicles were deploying Land Mines.

 

Now imagine EBR going 100 km/h and suddenly evaporate into thin air due to anti-tank land mine. 

 

Would something like that destroy WoT concept of the game? Would it make the game even more chaotic?   

 

Landmine idea is good but not in random because it will not help a lot. I suggest the idea in FL where EBR can't rush through op areas when they are captured and landmines are little damage for high damage you should use Antitank mines which is design to cripple or destroy tanks.



shikaka9 #20 Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 70582 battles
  • 950
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
landmines solution to everything




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users