Jump to content


The Great Race - More points for losing team required


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Shivvering #1 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:06 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 34383 battles
  • 386
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011

So many of these games are won or lost by having 1 tank afk/crashed or just unable to grasp the relatively simple concept of driving around a track, this makes it only possible to earn 2 of the 6 awards regardless of how well you do personally and leads to some frustrating gameplay on an otherwise enjoyable mode. 

 

Some logical additions could be;

 

Victory at any cost: Change it to remove the winning team requirement (and then possibly the name).

Rapid fire: Remove the winning team requirement.

 

That way you still incentivise winning (potential 6/6) but are also still rewarding all players who are participating (4/6) and playing the mode as it is intended.



Steffin #2 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:35 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27893 battles
  • 441
  • [WOOF] WOOF
  • Member since:
    09-06-2011
No freebies for losers

Shivvering #3 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:51 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 34383 battles
  • 386
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011

View PostSteffin, on 25 September 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

No freebies for losers

 

But freebies for those on a team of 3 vs a team of 2?

 

Well thought out constructive arguement...



Balc0ra #4 Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74388 battles
  • 21,280
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostShivvering, on 25 September 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

So many of these games are won or lost by having 1 tank afk/crashed or just unable to grasp the relatively simple concept of driving around a track, this makes it only possible to earn 2 of the 6 awards regardless of how well you do personally and leads to some frustrating gameplay on an otherwise enjoyable mode.

 

Tbh I've only seen one idle in all my 40+ races. And he did not load in. But more so then not one or two crash to much and give up. And in those races I've gotten 10 points for winning and capping. Or gotten 10 points for 500 damage and just getting first over on a loss, as I can't cap alone. So in those games, you lose half the medals even if you win or lose, as there is nothing to damage, or you die as you can't farm that much damage alone for it to matter.

 

View PostShivvering, on 25 September 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

Victory at any cost: Change it to remove the winning team requirement (and then possibly the name).

Rapid fire: Remove the winning team requirement.

 

Thing is that some have a win requirement for a reason. So that most don't leave or give up when they have 20 or 30 points halfway in when they see the loss. As in rapid-fire you can get in the first 10 seconds. Meaning it's faster to get it and give up. Then doing a full race where you dominate to much and just getting the first two for 5 each. 



Negativvv #5 Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:09 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 14083 battles
  • 2,089
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

If someone is AFK at the start and it looks lost I just quit myself. No punishment for it.

 

The grind is typically up in the sky so I'm not really playing it for its meh rewards.



SaintMaddenus #6 Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:27 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38854 battles
  • 2,801
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011

I think there should be a Decap cup. 100 points + decap  :)  should be worth 5 points to the overall total.


 


 



pecopad #7 Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:50 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29765 battles
  • 2,259
  • [UGN] UGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015

Is there any point in playing this mode for rewards?

 

Specially if you are not on team blue?

 

Either play for fun, or forget it, rewards are not worth the grind.


Edited by pecopad, 25 September 2019 - 01:51 PM.


Shivvering #8 Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:11 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 34383 battles
  • 386
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 September 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

 

Tbh I've only seen one idle in all my 40+ races. And he did not load in. But more so then not one or two crash to much and give up. And in those races I've gotten 10 points for winning and capping. Or gotten 10 points for 500 damage and just getting first over on a loss, as I can't cap alone. So in those games, you lose half the medals even if you win or lose, as there is nothing to damage, or you die as you can't farm that much damage alone for it to matter.

 

 

Thing is that some have a win requirement for a reason. So that most don't leave or give up when they have 20 or 30 points halfway in when they see the loss. As in rapid-fire you can get in the first 10 seconds. Meaning it's faster to get it and give up. Then doing a full race where you dominate to much and just getting the first two for 5 each. 

 

I am seeing around 1 in each set of 5, an afk on either my team or theirs.

 

You could add a requirement to rapid fire - such as cross the finish line.



SaintMaddenus #9 Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:19 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38854 battles
  • 2,801
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011
I am enjoying the play over all, so rewards are not so necessary.  However I did pick the turtle but I'm getting parts for all 3 of the commanders.  but less Turtle...  personally I would have thought the portrait of the player you picked first would give you that commander...   I mean, who really wants a ginger commander unless its a she and collars and cuffs match.

Tankistu #10 Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31155 battles
  • 637
  • [BOSII] BOSII
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011

View Postpecopad, on 25 September 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

Is there any point in playing this mode for rewards?

 

Specially if you are not on team blue?

 

Either play for fun, or forget it, rewards are not worth the grind.

 

50 gold a day is totally worth it. A total of 650 or so for me after this event. :coin:



Miepie #11 Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:56 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4753 battles
  • 1,408
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 25 September 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

 I mean, who really wants a ginger commander unless its a she and collars and cuffs match.

Oh, I don't know… I could picture General Hux as commander of an arty crew... :justwait:



geoff99 #12 Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:04 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43310 battles
  • 317
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012

View Postpecopad, on 25 September 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

Is there any point in playing this mode for rewards?

 

3 x zero-skill crew is surely worth it?

 



pecopad #13 Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:25 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29765 battles
  • 2,259
  • [UGN] UGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015

View Postgeoff99, on 25 September 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

 

3 x zero-skill crew is surely worth it?

 

Its only the skins I think...

 

Ok for the gold I think, once you get the 1400 race points,but rewards don't look that good, Fireball cammo, crew books and reserves..

 

Guess some players will grind for anything.



MeetriX #14 Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:51 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 24362 battles
  • 4,045
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View Postpecopad, on 25 September 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

Its only the skins I think...

 

Ok for the gold I think, once you get the 1400 race points,but rewards don't look that good, Fireball cammo, crew books and reserves..

 

Guess some players will grind for anything.

Skins with zero skill and Xp enough for two skills?

 



Miepie #15 Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:14 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4753 battles
  • 1,408
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

View Postpecopad, on 25 September 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

Its only the skins I think...

 

Ok for the gold I think, once you get the 1400 race points,but rewards don't look that good, Fireball cammo, crew books and reserves..

 

Guess some players will grind for anything.

Oh, I don't know, Pecopad... He looks more chubby than skinny to me. Maybe it's because of the sitting around in a drivers seat all day?

 

 

Attached Files

  • Attached File   skinny.JPG   20.53K


Negativvv #16 Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:23 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 14083 battles
  • 2,089
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

View PostMeetriX, on 25 September 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

Skins with zero skill and Xp enough for two skills?

 

I'm overflowing with Campaign girl crews and Xmas Loot box Crews. Plus you'll essentially get one extra a month via Twitch Prime (free if you go Prime, claim then cancel Prime). 

 

All less work than grinding the crazy amount of Victory points here...

 



Moulie #17 Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:07 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11388 battles
  • 1,082
  • [RDDTR] RDDTR
  • Member since:
    04-07-2013
Just played my first two races. One win, one loss and 3 trophies in total. 3/7 for 1/20 of a picture. Extrapolate this to a completed picture and we are talking (rounded up) 94 races. To get all 3 commanders that's about 26 races a day until the event finished. There is a great phrase that sums up my thoughts on this: "f%%% that for a game of soldiers".

MeetriX #18 Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:14 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 24362 battles
  • 4,045
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View PostNegativvv, on 25 September 2019 - 07:23 PM, said:

I'm overflowing with Campaign girl crews and Xmas Loot box Crews. Plus you'll essentially get one extra a month via Twitch Prime (free if you go Prime, claim then cancel Prime). 

 

All less work than grinding the crazy amount of Victory points here...

 

I have not seated all of them yet, but that is because I need to think carefully where to put them.

Race driver commanders saves me ~1 to 2 years of grinding per person.

I only need 8 more trophys to get the last 2.:)



pecopad #19 Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:09 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29765 battles
  • 2,259
  • [UGN] UGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015

View PostMiepie, on 25 September 2019 - 07:14 PM, said:

Oh, I don't know, Pecopad... He looks more chubby than skinny to me. Maybe it's because of the sitting around in a drivers seat all day?

 

 

Its not a crew, its only the commander... and you can just buy them with gold if you need them.

 

I have the Twitch and campaign commanders... and refuse to grind stuff in marathons, it just gets toxic and WG should stop doing this.

 

Play the new modes for fun, that should be the reward. Some free experience to use in game would be nice..



BSHDBCG #20 Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:23 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 6115 battles
  • 1,021
  • Member since:
    04-20-2015
Is there any way to see how many races you have completed? Since you need 20 to get the reward.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users