Jump to content


Russian RNG unlimited?


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

ZwartWaterGeus #1 Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:12 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 2529 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

Hey fellow tankers. 

 

After a long time i just started to play this game again. RNG used to be 50% in the past. 

 

Nowadays i even have multiple bouncers in a row with a gun with 250 % more pen then the enemy tank has armour.

One time bouncing could be a misfire, but 3 or 4 times in a row feels ridiculous.

 

So my question to you:

Is it true that penning or bouncing a shot has become a lottery?

 

 

 

 

 



BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:24 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24333 battles
  • 11,828
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostZwartWaterGeus, on 25 September 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

 RNG used to be 50% in the past. 

No, it wasn't..................and still isn't..



Miepie #3 Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:31 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4033 battles
  • 1,061
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018
Are you shooting at a piece of armour that is angled rather steeply?

Balc0ra #4 Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:33 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72817 battles
  • 20,698
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

It's 25% up or down. Never have been 50%.

 

And even if you have "250%" more pen then they have armor, it won't matter if you lack caliber vs their armor thickness if the impact angle is too big depending on where you hit. As most bounces are due to not overmatching or losing pen via spaced armor etc. Or.. you hit a module that ate your shot. Like the gun on the Skorpion G. Thus why you check the target list after the game to see what modules you wrecked. That alone can explain a fair few "bounces" on paper targets. 



PeaceWalker1 #5 Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:39 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16639 battles
  • 1,226
  • [-WIR_] -WIR_
  • Member since:
    01-21-2012
Do you have a replay where this happend ?

ZwartWaterGeus #6 Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:46 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 2529 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 September 2019 - 04:33 PM, said:

It's 25% up or down. Never have been 50%.

 

And even if you have "250%" more pen then they have armor, it won't matter if you lack caliber vs their armor thickness if the impact angle is too big depending on where you hit. As most bounces are due to not overmatching or losing pen via spaced armor etc. Or.. you hit a module that ate your shot. Like the gun on the Skorpion G. Thus why you check the target list after the game to see what modules you wrecked. That alone can explain a fair few "bounces" on paper targets. 

I got it with a t29 bouncing 3 or 4 times in a row at the side of a Ferdinand. The angle was about 90 degrees/ full in his side.

I looked it up and found a pen over match of  about 250%

15:55 Added after 8 minute

View PostPeaceWalker1, on 25 September 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

Do you have a replay where this happend ?

No, but i will put my replays on now. It is not only that game but a lot of games. I will start posting some my future "amazing multiple"bouncers here, if this will keep happening like it does now. Np. Maybe you will be amazed to or i will learn something:)

 

May it has something to do with that i haven't paid for this game in a very long time? I play this free to play game for free.

 

So should i buy a premium account to get the known tank specs?:amazed:


Edited by ZwartWaterGeus, 25 September 2019 - 04:57 PM.


Dava_117 #7 Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:59 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22477 battles
  • 4,944
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostZwartWaterGeus, on 25 September 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

I got it with a t29 bouncing 3 or 4 times in a row at the side of a Ferdinand. The angle was about 90 degrees/ full in his side.

I looked it up and found a pen over match of  about 250%

15:55 Added after 8 minute

No, but i will put my replays on now. It is not only that game but a lot of games. I will start posting some my future "amazing multiple"bouncers here, if this will keep happening like it does now. Np. Maybe you will be amazed to or i will learn something:)

 

May it has something to do with that i haven't paid for this game in a very long time? I play this free to play game for free.

 

So should i buy a premium account to get the known tank specs?:amazed:

 

Nah, I'm a F2P account and have no strange bounce. 

But nice from you to set replays on. Many thing that looks strange actually have an explanation in game mechanics. :)



SovietBias #8 Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:23 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38419 battles
  • 1,590
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013

View PostZwartWaterGeus, on 25 September 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

 

May it has something to do with that i haven't paid for this game in a very long time? I play this free to play game for free.

 

So should i buy a premium account to get the known tank specs?:amazed:

 

Of course. If you don't pay, how do you expect the ammo in storage to be properly maintained ? It has now degraded and lost its penetration power.



reddog102 #9 Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:20 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 10019 battles
  • 67
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011
RNG secret stat is where the shot goes in your aiming circle. If in RU tank then always hand of Stalin guide she’ll to centre spot 100% as instructed to Wargaming by macho Tom cruise lookalike Comrade Putin. For imperialistic
Dogs (read non- RU) firing at RU tank (probably your problem) then not so much on centre spot of aiming circle. Instead your shell guided to the part of RU tank you cannot penetrate. See easy to explain RNG mechanic to novice player. Hope this helps explain why there is no Russian bias in this game and why you fail to penetrate perfectly aimed shot, even when fully aimed.


PeaceWalker1 #10 Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16639 battles
  • 1,226
  • [-WIR_] -WIR_
  • Member since:
    01-21-2012

View PostZwartWaterGeus, on 25 September 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

 

No, but i will put my replays on now. It is not only that game but a lot of games. I will start posting some my future "amazing multiple"bouncers here, if this will keep happening like it does now. Np. Maybe you will be amazed to or i will learn something:)

I would like to see that Replays, so please do notice me once you have uploaded them.

Thanks in advance, i am looking forward to being amazed :D

 

 



NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:44 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34085 battles
  • 4,413
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostZwartWaterGeus, on 25 September 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

No, but i will put my replays on now. It is not only that game but a lot of games. I will start posting some my future "amazing multiple"bouncers here, if this will keep happening like it does now. Np. Maybe you will be amazed to or i will learn something:)

 

May it has something to do with that i haven't paid for this game in a very long time? I play this free to play game for free.

 

So should i buy a premium account to get the known tank specs?:amazed:

 

Don't worry, you'll be fine now. Turning on replays always fixes these kind of problems.



Dorander #12 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:22 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,031
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 September 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

It's 25% up or down. Never have been 50%.

 

Well in all fairness 25% up or down can be legitimately interpreted as a 50% range. It's an interesting thought experiment to consider what'd happen if the game were not marketed as tanks having X percentage with a 25% variation up or down but as X-25% with an up to 50% penetration and damage bonus.

 

 

To answer the OP question, no, the mechanics inherently haven't changed and it's not more or less a lottery than it used to be. Best explanation with the given information is that you're firing at heavily angled armour and your 250% is an exaggeration or for some odd reason you insist on firing multiple times at an autobounce angle. Keep in mind the game's audio messages that differentiate between a bounce and a ricochet to check your results.



kubawt112 #13 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3378 battles
  • 758
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 25 September 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

 

Don't worry, you'll be fine now. Turning on replays always fixes these kind of problems.

 

Worth killing your SSD for if you ask me. :D



_6i6_ #14 Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:18 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18797 battles
  • 448
  • [A__K] A__K
  • Member since:
    03-22-2018

View Postkubawt112, on 25 September 2019 - 11:59 PM, said:

 

Worth killing your SSD for if you ask me. :D

if he plays 1000 games a day maybe in 5 years



kubawt112 #15 Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:30 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3378 battles
  • 758
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Post_6i6_, on 25 September 2019 - 11:18 PM, said:

if he plays 1000 games a day maybe in 5 years

 

Yeah, 'killing SSDs' is a bit of forum humour. Also, the dog eats my replays. :(



XxKuzkina_MatxX #16 Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:38 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,314
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

RNG on penetration and damage rolls calculates like that...

 

  • 67% of your shots are within ±10% of the average values.
  • 86% of your shots are within ±15% of the average values.

 

So yeah, "Russian" RNG is limited and not nearly as a bad as it sounds.



Stevies_Team #17 Posted 26 September 2019 - 06:38 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12420 battles
  • 1,218
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

Russian RNG unlimited?

 

Very Troll RNG nowadays

 

If you get stuck on the crappy end of the stick your 430U will get penned by tier 8s and you will get tracked while hiding 90% of your tank behind a rock

 

There seems to be a RNG set and different tanks get different RNGs

 

If you hate arty then get a Russian tank, they seem to have more arty dispersion

 

All part of the hidden stats part of the game

Some tanks get a week or so of bad gun RNG, you can't hit spit for days

This is probably to try and get you to buy equipment

 

Anything being sold in the shop appears to get a special preference RNG and better MM so it pays to rotate your tonks with the shop sales if you have a big garage of premiums


Edited by Stevies_Team, 26 September 2019 - 06:49 AM.


chainreact0r #18 Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:02 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 34660 battles
  • 468
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011

View PostStevies_Team, on 26 September 2019 - 06:38 AM, said:

Russian RNG unlimited?

 

Very Troll RNG nowadays

 

If you get stuck on the crappy end of the stick your 430U will get penned by tier 8s and you will get tracked while hiding 90% of your tank behind a rock

 

There seems to be a RNG set and different tanks get different RNGs

 

If you hate arty then get a Russian tank, they seem to have more arty dispersion

 

All part of the hidden stats part of the game

Some tanks get a week or so of bad gun RNG, you can't hit spit for days

This is probably to try and get you to buy equipment

 

Anything being sold in the shop appears to get a special preference RNG and better MM so it pays to rotate your tonks with the shop sales if you have a big garage of premiums

This is not even the case of tinfoil hat. It's tinfoil clothes, furniture, house, everything. You are probably made out of tinfoil tbh.

On topic: RNG is indeed unlimited, and to harness it's power you have to yell 'RASHA!!' before firing. Then, every shot will track+ammo rack even if you aimed nowhere near a weakspot. Works best if you don't aim at all ofc.

 



Stevies_Team #19 Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:11 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12420 battles
  • 1,218
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

View Postchainreact0r, on 26 September 2019 - 07:02 AM, said:

 Works best if you don't aim at all ofc.

 

 

Now that one is true

Banana shot city sometimes

even had one go up the way into a lower plate

 

It's all part of the game but to deny it exists is a flat earth mentality

 

Additional info for OP

Tier 10s get preferential viewing info from the server

So "they always see you first", even if you have equal parameters


Edited by Stevies_Team, 26 September 2019 - 07:22 AM.


Dorander #20 Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:25 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,031
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostStevies_Team, on 26 September 2019 - 06:11 AM, said:

 

Now that one is true

Banana shot city sometimes

even had one go up the way into a lower plate

 

It's all part of the game but to deny it exists is a flat earth mentality

 

Additional info for OP

Tier 10s get preferential viewing info from the server

So "they always see you first", even if you have equal parameters

 

Sure, not making assumptions without evidence is what flat earthers are known for. They're the most rational beings on the globe who never make up anything completely deluded based on nothing but simple and subjective observations.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users