Winrate falling in the last days

WR

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

moldovanvali #1 Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15147 battles

I need help. I usually play between 15 and 30 games per night. I think of myself as a average player. In the last week or so, I keep getting below average teams in MM.

The 15-1 games are increasingly common and one after the other. I lost 0.6% in WR in the last couple of days. Just before writing this post, I lost a 3.7k damage game in the Caernavon(currently at 33% after 46 games, but a 0.97 kill ratio). Please review my stats and give me some advice. Am I not paying enough for MM lately or what :trollface:

Jimbodiah #2 Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12256 battles
  • [B00TA] B00TA
Working as Intended™

I have days where I do 40-50 games and don't get past 15% WR for some reason, then days where I get 55-60% WR and every shot seems like a pen without even aiming. RNG and MM are just completely borked with somehow; they want 2 minute steamroll games, so you just have to be lucky to land on one side or the other (at least with my potato level where I can't carry games).

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #3 Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4049 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

Take it a little bit easy on the W key your survival rate is 28% how can you affect the outcome of battles when you die early(yolo) + your winrate is not going down in last 7 it's been falling for the last 500 games 

mateyflip #4 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37345 battles

I've noticed the same OP, but I just put it down to me being a sod awful player.

If I want to feel better,  I play tanks i rarely play and they seem to be on the winning side.

1ucky #5 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 87931 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL
Try the race mode?

Dorander #6 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostAXIS_OF_RESISTANCE, on 25 September 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

Take it a little bit easy on the W key your survival rate is 28% how can you affect the outcome of battles when you die early(yolo) + your winrate is not going down in last 7 it's been falling for the last 500 games 

OP:

In addition to this, note that average tier has gone up by roughly 1 full tier. This may seem trivial, but the game is not identical over all tiers. It's also entirely possible to hit a bad tank at relatively high tier in a line you are grinding and see an average winrate drop as a result of grinding it.

If we look at your mostly played tanks, you have roughly 10% of your battles in the SU100Y and SU-122-44 in which you perform at or slightly above your average, but the mostly played tanks following that such as the Ferdinand, which is a pretty powercrept TD these days, and the Jagdtiger which is still a solid TD IF played well (it is far from invulnerable), in which your performance is markedly lower. Best guess is you are playing too agressively in these tanks, assuming they've been part of your recent games (can't tell this by mere stats). The battlecount is followed by the M103 which as heavy tier 9 tanks go is just really meh these days.

Going by your stats if we ignore those top two premiums that comprise about 10% of your battles and with which you perform typically on par, it's really hard to tell much from your account statistics. You appear to have a very "natural" account, comprised of various tanks of various lines which you've grinded with few tanks excessively played. Changes in your recent performance with such a profile can be due to anything, so perhaps it's best if you uploaded some replays of your recent battles so experienced players can look and point out mistakes.

Without that, best guess is either you've hit some poor tanks in your lines, it's a fallback from overperforming on good tanks and your average was slightly inflated which is now being compensated for, or you are playing higher tiers where you typically meet more experienced players with better crews which results in fewer victories.

1ucky #7 Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 87931 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

If it's happened in the last few days or a week only, it might be due to current special events. Many people are playing those, and therefore competition in randoms is different than usual. Cause it's either different players, or technically the same players but with a different kind of focus because they're playing out of a different situation with a different frame of mind.

TL;DR

MM has dramatically changed.

#GoodLuck

Edit:

"Different average manifest skill level of player" is kinda what I was trying to say. Obviously all players are still coming from the same set of people.

Or it's simply the usual ×5 XP event effects...

Edited by 1ucky, 25 September 2019 - 11:42 PM.

Schepel #8 Posted 26 September 2019 - 02:16 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66413 battles
@ OP, much the same for me. Might be that the continous events and mini games have drawn a fair number of people out of 'retirement'. I certainly noticed that the games I play are full with people whose skills seem to be fairly limited. (3 shots, 0 dmg kind of limited.) The down side is you lose more often than usual, the upside is that some missions have become a lot easier. Completed a number of German 279e missions that looked kind of hard (for my bot level of skill anyway) relatively painlessly. If your entire side struggles to do damage, it is suddenly quite easy to end up top damage three times in a row. As a bottom tier.

chainreact0r #9 Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34969 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

https://www.noobmeter.com/recent/eu/chainreact0r/501406773/501406773_00034377_20190922_205528/501406773_00034434_20190926_051210

Winrate seems fine :trollface:

krismorgan #10 Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36910 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
Been happening to me since patch 1.0,now i play the first 3 games and if they suck i just quit for another day.

Captain_Kremen0 #11 Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:55 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 39315 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View Postmoldovanvali, on 25 September 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

I need help. I usually play between 15 and 30 games per night. I think of myself as a average player. In the last week or so, I keep getting below average teams in MM.

The 15-1 games are increasingly common and one after the other. I lost 0.6% in WR in the last couple of days. Just before writing this post, I lost a 3.7k damage game in the Caernavon(currently at 33% after 46 games, but a 0.97 kill ratio). Please review my stats and give me some advice. Am I not paying enough for MM lately or what :trollface:

That's the ticket. Blame someone else.

#always our year never our fault.

moldovanvali #12 Posted 26 September 2019 - 06:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15147 battles

View PostDorander, on 25 September 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

OP:

In addition to this, note that average tier has gone up by roughly 1 full tier. This may seem trivial, but the game is not identical over all tiers. It's also entirely possible to hit a bad tank at relatively high tier in a line you are grinding and see an average winrate drop as a result of grinding it.

If we look at your mostly played tanks, you have roughly 10% of your battles in the SU100Y and SU-122-44 in which you perform at or slightly above your average, but the mostly played tanks following that such as the Ferdinand, which is a pretty powercrept TD these days, and the Jagdtiger which is still a solid TD IF played well (it is far from invulnerable), in which your performance is markedly lower. Best guess is you are playing too agressively in these tanks, assuming they've been part of your recent games (can't tell this by mere stats). The battlecount is followed by the M103 which as heavy tier 9 tanks go is just really meh these days.

Going by your stats if we ignore those top two premiums that comprise about 10% of your battles and with which you perform typically on par, it's really hard to tell much from your account statistics. You appear to have a very "natural" account, comprised of various tanks of various lines which you've grinded with few tanks excessively played. Changes in your recent performance with such a profile can be due to anything, so perhaps it's best if you uploaded some replays of your recent battles so experienced players can look and point out mistakes.

Without that, best guess is either you've hit some poor tanks in your lines, it's a fallback from overperforming on good tanks and your average was slightly inflated which is now being compensated for, or you are playing higher tiers where you typically meet more experienced players with better crews which results in fewer victories.

Thanks for your input. My Ferdi and SU games are from 2014-2015. Don't even own them anymore. I play the Superpershing for credits and Krangvan for fun and grind Italian meds in paralel with British heavies. Recently, I also finished grinding the Chinese heavy line.

17:51 Added after 0 minute

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 26 September 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

That's the ticket. Blame someone else.

#always our year never our fault.

You understood me wrong. If I'd be blaming, I wouldn't be asking for advice.

moldovanvali #13 Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15147 battles

Examples from tonight:

https://ibb.co/XC31L9D

https://ibb.co/br1GCDs

Robbie_T #14 Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20377 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postmoldovanvali, on 25 September 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

Race event has come online....so all cupcakes are online.

Bulldog_Drummond #15 Posted 27 September 2019 - 12:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33576 battles

My advice to you would be to play instead with above average teams in MM.

You're welcome.

Dorander #16 Posted 27 September 2019 - 12:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View Postmoldovanvali, on 26 September 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

Thanks for your input. My Ferdi and SU games are from 2014-2015. Don't even own them anymore. I play the Superpershing for credits and Krangvan for fun and grind Italian meds in paralel with British heavies. Recently, I also finished grinding the Chinese heavy line.

Ah yes I tried that and gave up after playing a few games in the 110, I really loathe that tank. I see you weren't doing great in it either, it's only about 1% of your total games but it's painfully below your average.

The problem of driving various tanks that you underperform in for some reason is that you lose battles which you might very well have won had you driven a better tank, or at least a tank you do better in. If you do poorly, your teammates need to compensate. You have an above average winrate, which means that overall your contribution to the battle's outcome is higher than most. If you don't bring that contribution to the table because you're having to grind a piece of junk, your teammates need to pick up the slack and there's no reason to assume they can do that.

It'd be really nice if the game also gave us the most crap teams when we do poorly and decent teams when we do at least okay, so that it feels like we're losing when we deserve to and winning when we deserve to. In reality we sometimes lose no matter what we do and we win despite our failures and it's impossible to predict which'll be the case.

250swb #17 Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:18 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23230 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Am I not paying enough for MM lately or what :trollface:

What you are doing is assuming your overall WR is a true reflection of your skills. You complain about unfavourable MM not giving you the wins you expect, but what if MM has been overly favourable to you in the past and artificially inflating your WR? You see it works both ways. Random luck or RNG or MM has no time limit before chance swings back the other way to redress the balance and create a true average.

Tealo #18 Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43132 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

I've noticed it as well the MM is different ie The teams more balanced less Yo-Yoing from one extreme to another (less Rompa Stomps.) My win rate has suffered one point it was below 30% but on the other hand the quality of the matches is much better, less steam rolls and a increase in draws (about 3 yesterday) but much more interesting Close matches where the outcome could of gone either way..

Regardless of win or lose I'm enjoying 'actually playing' the game alot more.

This could be the result of the more 'certian type of player' mostly grinding the races or/and changes in the MM..

Ps. I would rather have a interesting close game where the outcome could go either way and end up in a draw, than a very one sided rompa stomp. Doesn't matter if you on the winning side doing the stomping or the losing side being stomped! As it gets very boring very quickly and it's frustrating, as you can't really play as the match is over in less 5 minutes and decided 'really' in the first 2minutes.

Edited by Tealo, 27 September 2019 - 11:04 AM.

moldovanvali #19 Posted 27 September 2019 - 05:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15147 battles

View Post250swb, on 27 September 2019 - 07:18 AM, said:

What you are doing is assuming your overall WR is a true reflection of your skills. You complain about unfavourable MM not giving you the wins you expect, but what if MM has been overly favourable to you in the past and artificially inflating your WR? You see it works both ways. Random luck or RNG or MM has no time limit before chance swings back the other way to redress the balance and create a true average.

Clearly I've won a lot of matches where my performance was lacking, thus artificially inflating my WR. 

I'm just trying to find out why I get an abundance of 15-1 games lately. I don't like those games, regardless If I'm on the loosing or winning side.     

16:04 Added after 2 minute

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 26 September 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

My advice to you would be to play instead with above average teams in MM.

You're welcome.

You advice is most valuable, no question about that.

pecopad #20 Posted 27 September 2019 - 05:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29765 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

In some tanks you just can't win...  currently grinding the Hawk 12 and its a nightmare..

Just change tanks, lower tiers, pick something and a tier where you can carry..

Or go for the high damage guns, at least you will have some fun with 1 or 2 shots.

Also tagged with WR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users