Jump to content


Tips about 3rd marking Progetto 46


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Fab_litzkrieg #1 Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:07 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19627 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    11-25-2015

Hello guys, it's my first post on the forum so please be gentle with me. I've been playing for several years, but I always took long breaks and I never had the chance (or the will power?) to fully understand the game, so to say, so I'm not a really good player by any means.

Being an italian guy myself, though, few months ago I was curious about it and I bought the Progetto 46, and oh god I fell in love with the playstyle of that tank. At first I guess I didn't get it too well, since I had absymal win ratio (45-46%) and wn8, but I've mostly played with it since then and recently I started to get the hang of it pretty well, and I decided to have as a "personal goal" in the game the 3rd mark of excellence. I have only 2 marked the KV-1 and nothing more than that, so I get it is quite ambitious and maybe too early for my skills, but with the Progetto I had 65% recent win rate (last 300 battles) and average >3000 wn8 (I use mods to see that, if you wonder how I know) and I thought "well, maybe I could actually do it". In the image attached there is my best result so far, 88.08%, so that you can also see the equipment I use.

 

So, problem is, after topping 88% and staying around there for a while, since a couple of days I have started dropping down with MOE percentage. Massively. I'm currently at ~71%, and I don't know what I'm doing differently. I just take a lot more damage, I die earlier, I deal less damage. And it's frustrating, because I just feel I've become more stupid. I also now tend to rush more out of frustration, thus dying even earlier and so on. So, how could I deal with it? Any tips? Should I use regular optics instead of improved vents? Should I take a break from the game or the tank because I've burnt out? If so, for how long? I really don't get it, I can't notice what I'm doing differently. I managed to deal at least 2k damage on average, and now I can't get more than 1.5k.

 

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post

Attached Files

  • Attached File   vlcsnap-0409-09-18-08h01m21s642.png   1.32MB


FrantisekBascovansky #2 Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:22 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31574 battles
  • 791
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018
You are just not that good to get 3rd mark. It's okay.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:23 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,615
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

Welcome to the forums. :)

 

You're doing great really, playing at almost twice your average WN8 recently at higher tiers and with respectable win rate too. It's normal when you get close to the marks to be overzealous and make some wrong decisions. At 88% the most important thing is staying in the game. No risky moves to spot or to do damage. Only very calm and disciplined game play aimed at achieving the maximum combined damage. When the percentage is dropping for more than 3 games, stop immediately and play something else.

 

Here is a nice 3-marking stream from a couple of months ago...

 

 

Watch as much of it as you can and focus on how he make his decisions based on the mini map. Notice how he stays in the game no matter what. Bad teams, bad maps, missed shots, etc. it doesn't matter, the only goal is keeping the mark up and staying in the battle.



Fab_litzkrieg #4 Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:44 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19627 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    11-25-2015

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 26 September 2019 - 12:22 AM, said:

You are just not that good to get 3rd mark. It's okay.


I get it and I can accept it, but what baffles me is how I managed to drop 17% in few days

 

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 26 September 2019 - 12:23 AM, said:

Welcome to the forums. :)

 

You're doing great really, playing at almost twice your average WN8 recently at higher tiers and with respectable win rate too. It's normal when you get close to the marks to be overzealous and make some wrong decisions. At 88% the most important thing is staying in the game. No risky moves to spot or to do damage. Only very calm and disciplined game play aimed at achieving the maximum combined damage. When the percentage is dropping for more than 3 games, stop immediately and play something else.

 

Here is a nice 3-marking stream from a couple of months ago...

 

 

Watch as much of it as you can and focus on how he make his decisions based on the mini map. Notice how he stays in the game no matter what. Bad teams, bad maps, missed shots, etc. it doesn't matter, the only goal is keeping the mark up and staying in the battle.

 

First off, thank you for the detailed answer, for the kind words and for the link, I'll watch asap!

Secondly, I feel like I subconsciously was in the state of being capable of doing all that stuff effortlessly and without noticing it, and now the magic ended. If I think about my previous games and if I watch replays of them I did almost everything properly: I followed the pace of the game, pushed when it was the right moment, or alternatively I kept calm, retreated and so on, and I still look at the minimap as much as before. Now I either am too aggressive and I die early on, or I play too cautiously and I am among the last ones to die, but I do little damage either way. It's like I lost my ability to take the right decisions at the right time and to anticipate the game.

 

You also said " the only goal is keeping the mark up and staying in the battle", and I'm now thinking that maybe I switched my brain focus from that thing to the full retard "DODAMAGEDODAMAGE" thing, maybe I lost that "hunger" or "instinct" to get the mark, and I have to regain it

 


Edited by Fab_litzkrieg, 26 September 2019 - 12:45 AM.


XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:59 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,615
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostFab_litzkrieg, on 26 September 2019 - 03:44 AM, said:

First off, thank you for the detailed answer, for the kind words and for the link, I'll watch asap!

Secondly, I feel like I subconsciously was in the state of being capable of doing all that stuff effortlessly and without noticing it, and now the magic ended. If I think about my previous games and if I watch replays of them I did almost everything properly: I followed the pace of the game, pushed when it was the right moment, or alternatively I kept calm, retreated and so on, and I still look at the minimap as much as before. Now I either am too aggressive and I die early on, or I play too cautiously and I am among the last ones to die, but I do little damage either way. It's like I lost my ability to take the right decisions at the right time and to anticipate the game.

 

You also said " the only goal is keeping the mark up and staying in the battle", and I'm now thinking that maybe I switched my brain focus from that thing to the full retard "DODAMAGEDODAMAGE" thing, maybe I lost that "hunger" or "instinct" to get the mark, and I have to regain it

 

There is absolutely no magic about 3 marking tanks whatsoever. What you did on your way up to 88% is repeatable if you give it some attention and patience. Orzanel, a well known streamer and a very good player played more than 1000 battles to 3 mark his first tank, the E-75.

 

Imagine a train network, ideally those moving objects will go from point A to point B without crashing or delay. The real world unfortunately isn't really optimized like this. Delays and crashes happen despite our best efforts.

 

What happened on your way up to 88% is something like that. You were in the right place (to spot or do damage) at the right time. This synchronization went off in the last few battles. No magic and nothing to worry about.

 

Keep at it and the more you watch good game play, analyze and understand it the more you'll be able to mimic and replicate that in your own battles.



Fab_litzkrieg #6 Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:11 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19627 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    11-25-2015

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 26 September 2019 - 12:59 AM, said:

 

There is absolutely no magic about 3 marking tanks whatsoever. What you did on your way up to 88% is repeatable if you give it some attention and patience. Orzanel, a well known streamer and a very good player played more than 1000 battles to 3 mark his first tank, the E-75.

 

Imagine a train network, ideally those moving objects will go from point A to point B without crashing or delay. The real world unfortunately isn't really optimized like this. Delays and crashes happen despite our best efforts.

 

What happened on your way up to 88% is something like that. You were in the right place (to spot or do damage) at the right time. This synchronization went off in the last few battles. No magic and nothing to worry about.

 

Keep at it and the more you watch good game play, analyze and understand it the more you'll be able to mimic and replicate that in your own battles.

 

You're right, I probably just need to get my patience and attention back. If I don't I guess I'll come back here whining like a baby again, ahah.

Thank you again, this was the kind of support and guidance that I feel that I needed to get back on track



Jack_Sparroxx #7 Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:30 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 62343 battles
  • 730
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP
  • Member since:
    09-18-2011

View PostFab_litzkrieg, on 25 September 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

Hello guys, it's my first post on the forum so please be gentle with me. I've been playing for several years, but I always took long breaks and I never had the chance (or the will power?) to fully understand the game, so to say, so I'm not a really good player by any means.

Being an italian guy myself, though, few months ago I was curious about it and I bought the Progetto 46, and oh god I fell in love with the playstyle of that tank. At first I guess I didn't get it too well, since I had absymal win ratio (45-46%) and wn8, but I've mostly played with it since then and recently I started to get the hang of it pretty well, and I decided to have as a "personal goal" in the game the 3rd mark of excellence. I have only 2 marked the KV-1 and nothing more than that, so I get it is quite ambitious and maybe too early for my skills, but with the Progetto I had 65% recent win rate (last 300 battles) and average >3000 wn8 (I use mods to see that, if you wonder how I know) and I thought "well, maybe I could actually do it". In the image attached there is my best result so far, 88.08%, so that you can also see the equipment I use.

 

So, problem is, after topping 88% and staying around there for a while, since a couple of days I have started dropping down with MOE percentage. Massively. I'm currently at ~71%, and I don't know what I'm doing differently. I just take a lot more damage, I die earlier, I deal less damage. And it's frustrating, because I just feel I've become more stupid. I also now tend to rush more out of frustration, thus dying even earlier and so on. So, how could I deal with it? Any tips? Should I use regular optics instead of improved vents? Should I take a break from the game or the tank because I've burnt out? If so, for how long? I really don't get it, I can't notice what I'm doing differently. I managed to deal at least 2k damage on average, and now I can't get more than 1.5k.

 

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post

 

Impossible to say what you are doing "wrong" except one thing, if you are getting kicked in the nuts by RNG or having bad days, just stop playing it for a while. You are not doing your self any favors. Thats what I do when I mark tanks. My current 3 mark project is marking all tier 5's, and by GOD there are some truly terrible tanks in that tier that makes my blood boil. SO, I leave the tanks for a wee while and come back later. 


Edited by Jack_Sparroxx, 26 September 2019 - 01:34 AM.


NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:36 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34294 battles
  • 4,627
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostFab_litzkrieg, on 26 September 2019 - 01:11 AM, said:

 

You're right, I probably just need to get my patience and attention back. If I don't I guess I'll come back here whining like a baby again, ahah.

Thank you again, this was the kind of support and guidance that I feel that I needed to get back on track

 

Exactly this. You clearly can do it because you were doing it, so you just need to get back into that flow that you had before.

 

It will get trickier the closer you get to the 3rd Mark because you need to be doing that bit more whilst still doing all the right things and it's easy to overstretch hunting that little bit extra.



1ucky #9 Posted 26 September 2019 - 06:26 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 86710 battles
  • 1,281
  • [THRIL] THRIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

Yes, I'd say go for optics stead of vents cause that way you might farm much more assistance damage, which should help with marking obviously.

(On the other hand: What do I know, I've never marked a Tier 8 myself...)

 

Anyway good luck & welcome to the forums! :)

 



Thlurp #10 Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:09 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14228 battles
  • 670
  • [JORM] JORM
  • Member since:
    08-15-2012

optics instead of vents, yes

 

also, isn't it an average over the past few weeks, so this could be a reason why you dropped as well



XxKuzkina_MatxX #11 Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:20 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,615
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

With almost a 6 skills crew (BIA-recon-situational awareness) and food. Switching improved vents for normal optics gains you 30 meters of view range without all the small bonuses which vents provide to other aspects of the tank. I don't think it's worth it to be honest.


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 26 September 2019 - 07:29 AM.


TankkiPoju #12 Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:33 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 23743 battles
  • 7,356
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

It's a fast medium tank and you are not using optics?

 

3rd marking any tank without assist/spotting damage is extremely hard. 



kaneloon #13 Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:11 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 31033 battles
  • 3,799
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

Yes, use food if you didn't. Never saw any marking session from unicums without it. And firefighting directive if needed.

A very good player is always hungry ;)



kaneloon #14 Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:24 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 31033 battles
  • 3,799
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011
Ok didn't saw the screen capture ;)

chinchillah #15 Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:43 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28203 battles
  • 207
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 26 September 2019 - 12:22 AM, said:

You are just not that good to get 3rd mark. It's okay.

I don't know if one does enough battles with the intention of getting marks, everyone can do 2 or 3 marks with most tanks. 

 

Full gold, rations and stuff... Just play a couple of 100 battles and it should be yours. 



SuperOlsson #16 Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:49 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23931 battles
  • 1,210
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
  • Member since:
    08-07-2012

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 26 September 2019 - 12:22 AM, said:

You are just not that good to get 3rd mark. It's okay.

 

Wow! I hereby dub thee with the title "Cheerleader of the day!"

But really, if you can get to 88% you can threemark it with some tweaks to your playstyle.



Hunter98X #17 Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:58 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 13553 battles
  • 10
  • [JBAIT] JBAIT
  • Member since:
    03-06-2012

No worries, i was at 93.9% yesterday and than failed 3 games in a row. I stopped and played advances. After that i didn't have the motivation / energy anymore to continue marking it. 

In those last 3 games there wasn't a lot i did wrong, one i got yoloed by a Tier 9 WT. Second game was over before i could do my damage (i had like 1.9k combined), we won 15-2.. and the last game i got penned by a m40/43 and was left with 200 hp so could not use my hp to trade in the end of the game and died by a 'yolo' of a full hp tank.  Things like this happen. I was frustrated as hell! 

 

I use improved optics and normal rammer and v-stab. I tried switching v-stab for improved vents but i was missing accuracy a lot. So now i am going to grind bonds to get improved v-stab. 

I can do it without the improved aswell ofcourse because i got to 94% but i want v-stab because i love my progretto. I have been at 87-90% for a long time and only a week ago i got above the 90% range. two days ago i thought i could do it and improved it so far to 93.9%, and yesterday i just failed myself also by some mistakes from myself. 

 

As many said, get in the flow and you will get it! When in the 93%+ games 3 games of 5k combined damage should be enough! Keep going! 



kaneloon #18 Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:11 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 31033 battles
  • 3,799
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 25 September 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

You are just not that good to get 3rd mark. It's okay.

 

It just proves the contrary : that anyone doing everything needed can succeed.

Go for it !

Plus the progetto is not an easy one.



barison1 #19 Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:18 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 44202 battles
  • 2,295
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012
as others mentioned; swap vent for optic. its way easier to do 4k combined by spotting/dmg than doing solely 4k dmg, base vr is pretty decent so with optics/decent crew you should be able to rack it up pretty quickly, do take in account track assist and spot assist doesnt stack for marks but only for xp

TheDrownedApe #20 Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:00 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 49904 battles
  • 6,431
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

Assisted, Stay alive, Assisted, Stay alive, Assisted.

 

Just remember that the combined only takes the highest out of spotting/tracking so make sure you keep an eye on what you spot early on. then decide if tracking or actual damage might be the better option late game. Games where my spotting was poor and I need that assisted mean me forgoing actual damage and just keeping enemies tracked (if it's safe obv) and enemies around to farm off


Edited by TheDrownedApe, 26 September 2019 - 03:01 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


    Deathoven666