Tips about 3rd marking Progetto 46

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Panzerfighter_ #21 Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 68115 battles
  • [322] 322

For 3.MoE on progetto i think u need around 3k Dmg + spot combined. Maybe a bit more cause its atm the best prem medium. Like ppl said u need optics instead of vents and take spaghetti as consumable.

But there are easier tanks to three mark at first than the progetto. Btw there is a mod which shows u ingame and in garage if u rise in the MoE or drop. Dont have a link cause i dont use it.

Edited by Panzerfighter_, 26 September 2019 - 03:13 PM.

Fab_litzkrieg #22 Posted 27 September 2019 - 05:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19600 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 26 September 2019 - 07:20 AM, said:

With almost a 6 skills crew (BIA-recon-situational awareness) and food. Switching improved vents for normal optics gains you 30 meters of view range without all the small bonuses which vents provide to other aspects of the tank. I don't think it's worth it to be honest.

That's exactly why I didn't use optics in first place, with improved vents + reco-bia-situational awareness + food I'm at ~450m view range, and the other small bonuses are pretty nice (especially camo and reload). But just to try it out I guess I'll use optics instead, even though for a few battles. Besides I think it's quite pointless wasting 20k credits per game if I'm still that far away to the 3rd mark threshold and if I'm not playing as good as before.

Thanks to everybody again for the help and feedback, I'll try to make the best use of it!

JocMeister #23 Posted 28 September 2019 - 06:49 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28006 battles

View PostFab_litzkrieg, on 26 September 2019 - 12:07 AM, said:

Hello guys, it's my first post on the forum so please be gentle with me. I've been playing for several years, but I always took long breaks and I never had the chance (or the will power?) to fully understand the game, so to say, so I'm not a really good player by any means.

Being an italian guy myself, though, few months ago I was curious about it and I bought the Progetto 46, and oh god I fell in love with the playstyle of that tank. At first I guess I didn't get it too well, since I had absymal win ratio (45-46%) and wn8, but I've mostly played with it since then and recently I started to get the hang of it pretty well, and I decided to have as a "personal goal" in the game the 3rd mark of excellence. I have only 2 marked the KV-1 and nothing more than that, so I get it is quite ambitious and maybe too early for my skills, but with the Progetto I had 65% recent win rate (last 300 battles) and average >3000 wn8 (I use mods to see that, if you wonder how I know) and I thought "well, maybe I could actually do it". In the image attached there is my best result so far, 88.08%, so that you can also see the equipment I use.

So, problem is, after topping 88% and staying around there for a while, since a couple of days I have started dropping down with MOE percentage. Massively. I'm currently at ~71%, and I don't know what I'm doing differently. I just take a lot more damage, I die earlier, I deal less damage. And it's frustrating, because I just feel I've become more stupid. I also now tend to rush more out of frustration, thus dying even earlier and so on. So, how could I deal with it? Any tips? Should I use regular optics instead of improved vents? Should I take a break from the game or the tank because I've burnt out? If so, for how long? I really don't get it, I can't notice what I'm doing differently. I managed to deal at least 2k damage on average, and now I can't get more than 1.5k.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post

You certainly didn´t pick an easy tank to 3-mark as your first. Progetto is probably the hardest tier 8 tank you can chose. It has a high skill ceiling, its a premium and it also happens to be the best tier 8 premium in the game. Due to the high skill ceiling many bad players will stay away from it and don´t play it while good players obviously will...this will drive up the requirements for the tank. In fact it has the highest requirements of any tier 8 tank. When I looked yesterday you needed 3,1k combined for 3rd. As a comparison Defender needs 2,8k, Type 59 needs 2,7k while most other tier 8 prems need around 2,4-2,5k 

Getting to 88% is actually quite an achievement by itself and you should be quite proud of that. Please don´t take offense but you are just not good enough to 3-mark the Progetto. Not many people playing WoT would be able to. I´m not sure I could to be honest. Might give it a try some day though. 

That being said. There is no reason to abandon your goal of 3-marking it. But I think you should perhaps start less ambitious. I would suggest getting the Skoda T-25 and starting out with that one. It is very similar to the Progetto in playstyle with good speed, no armor and a 3-shot autoloader. It will help you practice playing for marks which is very different from just playing. Some general advice when it comes to marking tanks: Viewrange is your best friend, stay alive. Assist > damage. 

Regarding equipment it comes down to personal preferences sometimes but always, always, always go optics. On most tanks I even go optics + vents + rammer/v.stab. Viewrange is life. 

Good luck! :)

Edited by JocMeister, 28 September 2019 - 06:53 AM.

Fab_litzkrieg #24 Posted 28 September 2019 - 05:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19600 battles

View PostJocMeister, on 28 September 2019 - 06:49 AM, said:

You certainly didn´t pick an easy tank to 3-mark as your first. Progetto is probably the hardest tier 8 tank you can chose. It has a high skill ceiling, its a premium and it also happens to be the best tier 8 premium in the game. Due to the high skill ceiling many bad players will stay away from it and don´t play it while good players obviously will...this will drive up the requirements for the tank. In fact it has the highest requirements of any tier 8 tank. When I looked yesterday you needed 3,1k combined for 3rd. As a comparison Defender needs 2,8k, Type 59 needs 2,7k while most other tier 8 prems need around 2,4-2,5k 

Getting to 88% is actually quite an achievement by itself and you should be quite proud of that. Please don´t take offense but you are just not good enough to 3-mark the Progetto. Not many people playing WoT would be able to. I´m not sure I could to be honest. Might give it a try some day though. 

That being said. There is no reason to abandon your goal of 3-marking it. But I think you should perhaps start less ambitious. I would suggest getting the Skoda T-25 and starting out with that one. It is very similar to the Progetto in playstyle with good speed, no armor and a 3-shot autoloader. It will help you practice playing for marks which is very different from just playing. Some general advice when it comes to marking tanks: Viewrange is your best friend, stay alive. Assist > damage. 

Regarding equipment it comes down to personal preferences sometimes but always, always, always go optics. On most tanks I even go optics + vents + rammer/v.stab. Viewrange is life. 

Good luck! :)

As someone also has pointed out, you probably are right in saying that I'm not good enough, and you also gave good and constructive advice, so thank you for that!

As for playing some other tanks I guess yeah, they might be easier to mark (I think that goes for the T-25 too, being a tier 6), but I think, for me, that part of the challenge is to force myself to become a better player by aiming to get the best out of a tank that has a high skill ceiling, like the Progetto. I mean, the harder the challenge, the greater the satisfaction after overcoming it. I also suppose that if I can 3-mark this one, afterwards many other tanks will be quite easy to mark, in comparison

Edited by Fab_litzkrieg, 28 September 2019 - 05:34 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #25 Posted 28 September 2019 - 06:38 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 18259 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostHunter98X, on 26 September 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

No worries, i was at 93.9% yesterday and than failed 3 games in a row. I stopped and played advances. After that i didn't have the motivation / energy anymore to continue marking it. 

In those last 3 games there wasn't a lot i did wrong, one i got yoloed by a Tier 9 WT. Second game was over before i could do my damage (i had like 1.9k combined), we won 15-2.. and the last game i got penned by a m40/43 and was left with 200 hp so could not use my hp to trade in the end of the game and died by a 'yolo' of a full hp tank.  Things like this happen. I was frustrated as hell! 

I use improved optics and normal rammer and v-stab. I tried switching v-stab for improved vents but i was missing accuracy a lot. So now i am going to grind bonds to get improved v-stab. 

I can do it without the improved aswell ofcourse because i got to 94% but i want v-stab because i love my progretto. I have been at 87-90% for a long time and only a week ago i got above the 90% range. two days ago i thought i could do it and improved it so far to 93.9%, and yesterday i just failed myself also by some mistakes from myself. 

As many said, get in the flow and you will get it! When in the 93%+ games 3 games of 5k combined damage should be enough! Keep going! 

The session I finally got mine after chasing it for awhile and similarly having climbs up to 93-94% And then dropping back down to 90% was probably the single best session I ever had in the tank and not something I could ever pull off again. This was quite awhile ago mind you, but it's weird to think that even with such a session I was barely struggling to climb towards the end and even dropped a few times. :teethhappy:

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users