Premium SPG

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Inappropriate_noob #1 Posted 26 September 2019 - 02:51 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17344 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Why has there been none developed yet seeing as WG will do nothing about arty?

Yes I know of the French T5 autoloading thing that some say is OP, what a load of bollocks that is, what can't we have something at tier 7 or 8, preferably American, be a perfect thing for WG to make some more money seeing as that are going ahead withe fantasy double barrelled shotgun heavy coming to a battlefield near you soon.

If they can do that , then why not the arty?

Richthoffen #2 Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:02 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30282 battles
  • [MS-] MS-
no, just no

Stevies_Team #3 Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13631 battles

Sounds like a brilliant idea

And WG would make BUCKETS of money

Immensive #4 Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 47702 battles
  • [HOOT] HOOT

There are already enough arty players in randoms tbh. I also don't see why there has to be arty whit prem status.

SaintMaddenus #5 Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38429 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

because as proved by the resale of the LEHF and the vote for it WOT players are suckers and hate themselves therefore Would buy one.  If there was a 1  arty per battle limit I would say that there should be one for each nation.   otherwise just plain no. the LEHF is horrible to play against

Gremlin182 #6 Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:38 PM

General

• Player
  • 58446 battles

While I understand that there are 7 people on the forum that dislike arty that's no reason for all for ignoring SPG development in the game.

Adding SPGs or rather adding a type that could fire indirectly was a good idea.

What came after made it a little broken.

Its probably far to late to just remove SPGs from the game and constantly nerfing them while not adding any premiums or otherwise helping SPG players as the players of other types are helped is just wrong.

Taking the SPG lines to tier 10 was a stupid idea there are many SPGs in the game that just should not exist in a game of this scale.

The brave decision would be to replace them all with something different but it will not happen its far to big a gamble for very little return so I doubt we will see much change.

No more premiums and no boosts or nerfs just pretend to ignore the problem.

SPGs are not as OTT as some say nor are they absolutely awful they are just mostly boring to play have to rely completely on their team and cannot defend themselves.

I was watching Desgamez playing the Covenanter with the 3 inch howitzer its got a shell velocity of around 180 and lobs shells in an arc.

You can hit targets hidden by the terrain but have to get closer and put yourself in danger of return fire to do it.

Also hitting moving vehicles is all but impossible.

Imagine this game with no SPGs but entire lines of support vehicles that worked like that.

If you have one of the British tanks that mount these guns such as the Covenanter Crusader Churchill 1 or Matilda with the 3 inch gun or the AT2 with the 3.7 you will see what I mean.

Hellfoxe #7 Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23943 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostNoobySkooby, on 26 September 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

Why has there been none developed yet seeing as WG will do nothing about arty?

Yes I know of the French T5 autoloading thing that some say is OP, what a load of bollocks that is, what can't we have something at tier 7 or 8, preferably American, be a perfect thing for WG to make some more money seeing as that are going ahead withe fantasy double barrelled shotgun heavy coming to a battlefield near you soon.

If they can do that , then why not the arty?

Your answer are arty haters blame them for not having arty research.

View PostGremlin182, on 26 September 2019 - 03:38 PM, said:

While I understand that there are 7 people on the forum that dislike arty that's no reason for all for ignoring SPG development in the game.

Adding SPGs or rather adding a type that could fire indirectly was a good idea.

What came after made it a little broken.

Its probably far to late to just remove SPGs from the game and constantly nerfing them while not adding any premiums or otherwise helping SPG players as the players of other types are helped is just wrong.

Taking the SPG lines to tier 10 was a stupid idea there are many SPGs in the game that just should not exist in a game of this scale.

The brave decision would be to replace them all with something different but it will not happen its far to big a gamble for very little return so I doubt we will see much change.

No more premiums and no boosts or nerfs just pretend to ignore the problem.

SPGs are not as OTT as some say nor are they absolutely awful they are just mostly boring to play have to rely completely on their team and cannot defend themselves.

I was watching Desgamez playing the Covenanter with the 3 inch howitzer its got a shell velocity of around 180 and lobs shells in an arc.

You can hit targets hidden by the terrain but have to get closer and put yourself in danger of return fire to do it.

Also hitting moving vehicles is all but impossible.

Imagine this game with no SPGs but entire lines of support vehicles that worked like that.

If you have one of the British tanks that mount these guns such as the Covenanter Crusader Churchill 1 or Matilda with the 3 inch gun or the AT2 with the 3.7 you will see what I mean.

7 people in this topic. Lol before wheelies release every day there is arty hate topic enough to fill a book with the title "Arty hate and rage in forum". The devolop decide to stop researching arty and the only prem arty released was the sexton and the lef18B2

Edited by Hellfoxe, 26 September 2019 - 03:51 PM.

ChristOfTheAbyss #8 Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 251 battles

View PostRichthoffen, on 26 September 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

no, just no

tajj7 #9 Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28260 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

It's pretty obvious, Artys are not liked by the vast majority of players in the game, something WG confirmed themselves and they have spent basically the entire life of the game consistently nerfing and/or restricting arty to reduce numbers in the hope players will play it less and everyone else will complain it less.

We had an arty nerf as recently as this year IIRC, they are currently working on changing the MM so it forces less 3 SPG games (something that a premium arty would make more difficult) and apparently in a recent Q&A further changes are planned to arty after the premium ammo changes have gone through.

So basically WG nerf or restrict arty every like year to 18 months, so having a premium arty, would because they don't nerf premiums, leave that arty stuck in the state of arty at that time.  Which is why the LeFH is so OP, it has old arty ROF, pen, damage that was nerfed on other arties in 9.18, it has even older arty accuracy nerfed way back, it has shell options with HEAT and AP IIRC that other arties do not have, it has view range that was nerfed from arties, etc. etc. 

So its not happening and is not wanted, WG knows their playerbase and they are not that stupid to annoy the masses just to make a few bucks from a premium arty.

Edited by tajj7, 26 September 2019 - 03:49 PM.

Stevies_Team #10 Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13631 battles

Just rolled my LeFH out after 4 weeks or so and it's a pretty ridiculous bit of kit

Good if you've got a hangover, but it's a bit silly

woolfie #11 Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 49790 battles
:popcorn:

jack_timber #12 Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:59 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40802 battles

Grand idea NoobyScooby why not....

There plenty of Premium other classes so let's have a bit of balance with a T8 arty.

This would keep the folks that like arty happy and even those that don't would probably welcome it.

Why, you say, well some only play arty for "the missions" (allegedly:)) just imagine being able to buy a premium arty rather than having to grind up through the ranks.

It's win, win....

prskanje #13 Posted 26 September 2019 - 04:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3406 battles
  • [_EKG_] _EKG_
As one of the people which dislikes SPGs, I'm only playing it for the campaigns. I am irritated by not having the freedom to use my tanks to their full potential, be it mobility or armor capability of holding a flank.

Seeing as they will not be removed, one has to get used to it. Maybe less module damage would be nice?

ArnieDude #14 Posted 26 September 2019 - 04:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25534 battles

View PostStevies_Team, on 26 September 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

Just rolled my LeFH out after 4 weeks or so and it's a pretty ridiculous bit of kit

Good if you've got a hangover, but it's a bit silly

A bit? :)

The abomination absolutely destroys lower tier matches with its insane rate of fire. The fact that it showed up in recent lootboxes also shows how little WG care about this fact. Its beyond me how they can let this be a part of their game.

Balc0ra #15 Posted 26 September 2019 - 04:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73370 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I suspect for the same reason we have not seen new arty lines yet. WG doesn't want to focus on a class they don't feel they have balanced yet. And adding premiums then, just leaves them in a pre-nerf state later. Like the leFH.

Edited by Balc0ra, 26 September 2019 - 04:35 PM.

FrantisekBascovansky #16 Posted 26 September 2019 - 04:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31262 battles

They will do it at some point. And you know what?

WG will make a fortune the day it'll appear in premium shop, even with high price tag.

JocMeister #17 Posted 26 September 2019 - 04:50 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28006 battles

Because even WG knows arty is toxic and bad for the game. 

That being said of course they will sell it eventually. But probably not until they reach the point where they feel its time to milk as much as possible before the game dies. Give it a year or two. 

Kartoshkaya #18 Posted 26 September 2019 - 04:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27468 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-

Three_Rounds_Rapid #19 Posted 26 September 2019 - 05:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44059 battles
  • [W__F] W__F

Yes please, I'll take the Archer FH77BW L52 as a prem arty, after all it ticks all of WG's hot boxes atm

Wheeled - Check

Fast - Check

Autoloader - Check (21 rounds  - hell yes!)

OP as frack - Check

Muuuuhahahahahahahah!!!

Inappropriate_noob #20 Posted 26 September 2019 - 06:36 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17344 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 26 September 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

because as proved by the resale of the LEHF and the vote for it WOT players are suckers and hate themselves therefore Would buy one.  If there was a 1  arty per battle limit I would say that there should be one for each nation.   otherwise just plain no. the LEHF is horrible to play against

It is horrible to use too, by far not enough damage and no splash damage either OP it is not.

17:41 Added after 5 minute

View Posttajj7, on 26 September 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

It's pretty obvious, Artys are not liked by the vast majority of players in the game, something WG confirmed themselves and they have spent basically the entire life of the game consistently nerfing and/or restricting arty to reduce numbers in the hope players will play it less and everyone else will complain it less.

We had an arty nerf as recently as this year IIRC, they are currently working on changing the MM so it forces less 3 SPG games (something that a premium arty would make more difficult) and apparently in a recent Q&A further changes are planned to arty after the premium ammo changes have gone through.

So basically WG nerf or restrict arty every like year to 18 months, so having a premium arty, would because they don't nerf premiums, leave that arty stuck in the state of arty at that time.  Which is why the LeFH is so OP, it has old arty ROF, pen, damage that was nerfed on other arties in 9.18, it has even older arty accuracy nerfed way back, it has shell options with HEAT and AP IIRC that other arties do not have, it has view range that was nerfed from arties, etc. etc. 

So its not happening and is not wanted, WG knows their playerbase and they are not that stupid to annoy the masses just to make a few bucks from a premium arty.

Ah yes what WG says goes, well you got wheelie bins now, and in her sister game WoWs they said there would never be submarines coming into game, take a guess what is going to hit the game over the next few months.

Yeah lets all listen to what they say, and WoT's has had ample opportunity to do something about arty per side etc etc, they haven't done jack shyte, knowing what their playerbase thinks of arty etc etc

Still want to listen to anything they say?

17:43 Added after 7 minute

View PostHellfoxe, on 26 September 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

Your answer are arty haters blame them for not having arty research.

7 people in this topic. Lol before wheelies release every day there is arty hate topic enough to fill a book with the title "Arty hate and rage in forum". The devolop decide to stop researching arty and the only prem arty released was the sexton and the lef18B2

I have both, we need more:trollface:

Edited by NoobySkooby, 26 September 2019 - 06:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users