• 17630 battles

View PostKartoshkaya, on 26 September 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

I just love that meme:D

Yaccay #23 Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 36192 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

If WG can sell it, then WG will create it.

Homer_J #24 Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:17 PM

Field Marshal

• 33143 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

MAGA!

Make arty great again!

Balc0ra #25 Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74866 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostNoobySkooby, on 26 September 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

It is horrible to use too, by far not enough damage and no splash damage either OP it is not.

Splash and alpha and no stun is not why I think it's broken. 

It has more HE pen then any tier X arty. With binocs, recon and situational awareness, it sits at 512m view range. Enough to make high tier scouts jealous. And with an 8 sec reload and 3K HE dpm, you can afford to miss a few shots.

It's the same reason why the Sexton I even went from terrible to great overnight. As it did keep the old AP and HE pen being mostly top tier all the time vs just seeing +2. And over 420m view range... at tier III. 

1ucky #26 Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 89475 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View PostNoobySkooby, on 26 September 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

Why has there been none developed yet seeing as WG will do nothing about arty?

Yes I know of the French T5 autoloading thing that some say is OP, what a load of bollocks that is, what can't we have something at tier 7 or 8, preferably American, be a perfect thing for WG to make some more money seeing as that are going ahead withe fantasy double barrelled shotgun heavy coming to a battlefield near you soon.

If they can do that , then why not the arty?

Because you can train your arty crew in any tank.

NekoPuffer_PPP #27 Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35436 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

I'll buy that.

HaZardeur #28 Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 37242 battles
I give NoobySkooby 8.5/10 for this troll, well played :great:

Folau #29 Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:23 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16003 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Nah bruh

Inappropriate_noob #30 Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:47 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17630 battles

View PostHaZardeur, on 26 September 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

I give NoobySkooby 8.5/10 for this troll, well played :great:

I don't know why but I am just splitting my sides at that one, lol:D:D

20:50 Added after 2 minute

View PostBalc0ra, on 26 September 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

Splash and alpha and no stun is not why I think it's broken. 

It has more HE pen then any tier X arty. With binocs, recon and situational awareness, it sits at 512m view range. Enough to make high tier scouts jealous. And with an 8 sec reload and 3K HE dpm, you can afford to miss a few shots.

It's the same reason why the Sexton I even went from terrible to great overnight. As it did keep the old AP and HE pen being mostly top tier all the time vs just seeing +2. And over 420m view range... at tier III. 

Not taken the Sexton out for, well forever really, I mus do that, but for all the things you mention,  splash damage is sorely missed, give it at least one or two metres, then I will finally accept it is OP

Gremlin182 #31 Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:52 PM

General

• Player
  • 60296 battles

View PostHellfoxe, on 26 September 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

Your answer are arty haters blame them for not having arty research.

7 people in this topic. Lol before wheelies release every day there is arty hate topic enough to fill a book with the title "Arty hate and rage in forum". The devolop decide to stop researching arty and the only prem arty released was the sexton and the lef18B2

I picked the random number seven anti arty posters to make a point.

Endless threads opposing arty in the game does in no way prove that a majority of players hate them.

A fairly small group could take it upon themselves to just keep complaining.

What % of the playerbase  bother posting or even reading these forums, yet posts are often worded as either "The Majority of players believe that" or "All good players agree that"

Then continue with a moan which is usually against SPGs, Premium ammo, Premium Tanks or Wheeled Vehicles.

I think those are the most popular complaints.

All of those posts have supporters of the OPs position and those with opposite views.

No one knows how many there are on each side.

I could as easily post that SPGs are not a big problem in the game with much the same responses ie some for some against.

Proves little.

So yes some random number of players do not like arty Ill go with 11 this time around,

Saw this post above

"It's pretty obvious, Artys are not liked by the vast majority of players in the game, something WG confirmed themselves and they have spent basically the entire life of the game consistently nerfing and/or restricting arty to reduce numbers in the hope players will play it less and everyone else will complain it less."

Note the phrasing why is it pretty obvious, I see at the time of posting 10 pm uk time we have 67,000 players online So do we assume that say 60,000 of them hate arty.

Can this be proven if so lets have some evidence.

And the next bit about WG can we have a link to where they said this.

Tell you what if the majority of players hate srty WG should start a poll and see if we get thousands of people complaining or will it be just double figures at modt.

Edited by Gremlin182, 26 September 2019 - 10:15 PM.

TankkiPoju #32 Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:39 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24434 battles

People would setup bots to grind credits with tier 8 premium arrties.

tajj7 #33 Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28861 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostGremlin182, on 26 September 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

I picked the random number seven anti arty posters to make a point.

Endless threads opposing arty in the game does in no way prove that a majority of players hate them.

A fairly small group could take it upon themselves to just keep complaining.

What % of the playerbase  bother posting or even reading these forums, yet posts are often worded as either "The Majority of players believe that" or "All good players agree that"

Then continue with a moan which is usually against SPGs, Premium ammo, Premium Tanks or Wheeled Vehicles.

I think those are the most popular complaints.

All of those posts have supporters of the OPs position and those with opposite views.

No one knows how many there are on each side.

I could as easily post that SPGs are not a big problem in the game with much the same responses ie some for some against.

Proves little.

So yes some random number of players do not like arty Ill go with 11 this time around,

Saw this post above

"It's pretty obvious, Artys are not liked by the vast majority of players in the game, something WG confirmed themselves and they have spent basically the entire life of the game consistently nerfing and/or restricting arty to reduce numbers in the hope players will play it less and everyone else will complain it less."

Note the phrasing why is it pretty obvious, I see at the time of posting 10 pm uk time we have 67,000 players online So do we assume that say 60,000 of them hate arty.

Can this be proven if so lets have some evidence.

And the next bit about WG can we have a link to where they said this.

Tell you what if the majority of players hate srty WG should start a poll and see if we get thousands of people complaining or will it be just double figures at modt.

It's proven very easily (not only did WG say it multiple times, Victor's classic 'everyone hates artillery' for a start) but simple action proves it.

Arty has been in the game since the beginning, since the change to tier 10 arties, which was part of a nerf (as the old tier 8 arties were more OP than the tier 10s they became), and IIRC was like patch 7.6 or something, there has been ZERO new arty content in the game.

We are talking 6+ years where we have had hundreds of new premiums, new nations, new mechanics, pretty much everything WG could think of they have done, Swedish TDs and heavies, Japanese Heavies, Polish Heavies, Czech mediums, new Rasha lines, wheeled vehicles, double barrelled tanks now coming, British lights, British wheeled vehicles now coming, Japanese TDs now coming. 

If there was some way WG could get new content into the game, they have done it or are doing it.

EXCEPT there has been zero new arty content in that time, same nations of arty, same two original premiums, new new SPGs, nothing.

The only thing that has happened in that time is repeated nerfs and restrictions, pretty much every year arty has either been nerfed or limited in some way, under a banner of 'rebalance'. More is coming soon as well, we used to have unlimited arty in game, then it went to 5, then it went to 3, now they are trying to get the MM to stop making games with 3 a side, other modes have been restricted to 2 per side like ranked, you definitely need to keep restricting the numbers in game for a well love class :D

So there is your proof, if arty was not hated and complained about all the time, we'd have new arty content, it wouldn't have been nerfed repeatedly over the years. 

I mean WG is doing double barrelled tanks FFS they are that desperate to get new content in the game, but they have not even considered new arty content in over 6 years and that is because they know it is not liked by the majority. 

Trying to claim arty is not disliked is like trying to claim the world is flat, it's just a nonsense claim that was dispelled years ago, that is why I can't be bothered to post links, this was all done in arty threads years ago, done and dusted. 

Gremlin182 #34 Posted 27 September 2019 - 09:25 AM

General

• Player
  • 60296 battles

View Posttajj7, on 27 September 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:

It's proven very easily (not only did WG say it multiple times, Victor's classic 'everyone hates artillery' for a start) but simple action proves it.

Arty has been in the game since the beginning, since the change to tier 10 arties, which was part of a nerf (as the old tier 8 arties were more OP than the tier 10s they became), and IIRC was like patch 7.6 or something, there has been ZERO new arty content in the game.

We are talking 6+ years where we have had hundreds of new premiums, new nations, new mechanics, pretty much everything WG could think of they have done, Swedish TDs and heavies, Japanese Heavies, Polish Heavies, Czech mediums, new Rasha lines, wheeled vehicles, double barrelled tanks now coming, British lights, British wheeled vehicles now coming, Japanese TDs now coming. 

If there was some way WG could get new content into the game, they have done it or are doing it.

EXCEPT there has been zero new arty content in that time, same nations of arty, same two original premiums, new new SPGs, nothing.

The only thing that has happened in that time is repeated nerfs and restrictions, pretty much every year arty has either been nerfed or limited in some way, under a banner of 'rebalance'. More is coming soon as well, we used to have unlimited arty in game, then it went to 5, then it went to 3, now they are trying to get the MM to stop making games with 3 a side, other modes have been restricted to 2 per side like ranked, you definitely need to keep restricting the numbers in game for a well love class :D

So there is your proof, if arty was not hated and complained about all the time, we'd have new arty content, it wouldn't have been nerfed repeatedly over the years. 

I mean WG is doing double barrelled tanks FFS they are that desperate to get new content in the game, but they have not even considered new arty content in over 6 years and that is because they know it is not liked by the majority. 

Trying to claim arty is not disliked is like trying to claim the world is flat, it's just a nonsense claim that was dispelled years ago, that is why I can't be bothered to post links, this was all done in arty threads years ago, done and dusted. 

Some truth there so lets settle it once and for all WG runs a poll on SPGs for and against.

Get 1000 more people wanting it gone than want it to remain.

Bringing in a flat world argument is of course nonsense the SPG question is opinion with some evidence on both sides proving the world is round is easy.

There have been few if any changes to arty because they are unsure about what if anything to do.

Yes I would prefer we had an alternative to the current system and WG will need to eventually make a decision.

As long as they remain in the game they should be supported as much as any other type, or at least those who play them should be shown equal respect.

Whether they are good for the game and universally hated are two different arguments.

Pansenmann #35 Posted 27 September 2019 - 09:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36787 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I'd very much welcome a prem artillery,
preferrably German or japanese,
but it should have access to AP and HESH ammo.
Currently there is not enough diversity for artillery shells.

While we'ret at it
all vehicles should have access to all ammo types.

Amun_RA #36 Posted 27 September 2019 - 09:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52160 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 26 September 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

Why has there been none developed yet seeing as WG will do nothing about arty?

Yes I know of the French T5 autoloading thing that some say is OP, what a load of bollocks that is, what can't we have something at tier 7 or 8, preferably American, be a perfect thing for WG to make some more money seeing as that are going ahead withe fantasy double barrelled shotgun heavy coming to a battlefield near you soon.

If they can do that , then why not the arty?

Just NO! 

They don't do it because of the expected backlash from the community. Which is very great. We already have way too many arties per game. They should be limited to only one per side. So no room for premium arties.

8126Jakobsson #37 Posted 27 September 2019 - 09:47 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 82251 battles
Tier 8 premium SPG. What an easy and chill credits grind time one could have. On one hand it would become a bestseller. WG likes that. On the other they would lose more players than usual and I suspect that the general credits account would go up. WG don't like that. They do seem to put more weight on the short term stuff though so who knows. 

Pansenmann #38 Posted 27 September 2019 - 09:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36787 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAmun_RA, on 27 September 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

Just NO! 

They don't do it because of the expected backlash from the community. Which is very great. We already have way too many arties per game. They should be limited to only one per side. So no room for premium arties.

A premium SPG would be very nice to have for next FL week.

TankkiPoju #39 Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:13 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24434 battles

View PostPansenmann, on 27 September 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

A premium SPG would be very nice to have for next FL week.

You would spend like 10 minutes between every FL game in queue...

Not that arty players would probably mind about sitting mindlessly and staring at screen. They play arty after all.

tajj7 #40 Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28861 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostGremlin182, on 27 September 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

Some truth there so lets settle it once and for all WG runs a poll on SPGs for and against.

Bringing in a flat world argument is of course nonsense the SPG question is opinion with some evidence on both sides proving the world is round is easy.

There have been few if any changes to arty because they are unsure about what if anything to do.

Yes I would prefer we had an alternative to the current system and WG will need to eventually make a decision.

As long as they remain in the game they should be supported as much as any other type, or at least those who play them should be shown equal respect.

Whether they are good for the game and universally hated are two different arguments.

No the flat earth comparison is about arguing against an already established position. It's been done to death in the arty pinned thread and other threads that its basically become a meme. WG have said themselves several times that they know that the players don't like the class and its impact on the game and this why the keep nerfing it or attempt to change it. I just can't be bothered to keep digging out quotes from Q&As and videos etc. time and time again to cover this same old ground. 

There is very little evidence it is liked, its not even popular, with most of the play count being largely propped up by PM play more than anything, 'arty main' players are extremely rare, go look at most players and their least played class will be arty, when we had vbaddict working it was the least played class accounting for around 8-9% of all vehicles played. Every forum, youtube vid, reddit, twitch stream, etc. associated with the game that mentions or is about arty you'll see a clear trend that most players dislike it. People complain about arty even when arty is not being discussed. 

There have been loads of changes to arty btw, almost all essentially nerfs, like I said we went from unrestricted per game > 5 per game > 3 per game > 2 per game in some modes and now attempts are being made by the MM to restrict 3 arty a side games. We had the change from tier 8 arties to tier 10 arties where their accuracy, aim times and reloads were nerfed, we had 9.18 where the stun came in, alpha was nerfed massively, pen was nerfed massively, AP/HEAT shells were taken away, they stopped arty platooning together, we have had the recent changes this year where they further reduced splash damage and stun stacking, there also might be more arty changes due after the ammo re-work apparently -

Block Quote

• After shell rebalance, SPG changes might come(Harkonnen: I’ve been told there are quite big changes planned). 

Which further makes it obvious that a premium SPG is not going to happen. 

Block Quote

WG could easily do that with an in game survey, but I doubt they need to.  I am sure a majority would want it gone but its hardly that simple as people (even me) have stuff like converted free XP invested into arty lines, so the whole compensation or replacement issue becomes messy and complicated. 

Block Quote

I don't see much argument for this, I mean its not like there isn't other better balanced content in the game to play, people made similar arguments about stuff like the Waffle E100, like it's 'my favourite tank'. 'my only tier 10', etc. etc. but when a tank is broken, causes gameplay problems and people get frustrated playing against it the views of the minority that like it are not very important. It's about the greater good here, if the masses don't like arty, its unbalanced in the game and clearly causes a frustrating gameplay experience (hence WGs moves to nerf it and restrict it) not doing stuff to do it because of the small minority that like it makes no sense.  Now if it was balanced and had proper counterplay I'd see more value in that argument, because then you would just have people complaining about something they don't like but with no real reason, but people have good reason to dislike artillery because it's unbalanced and has no real counterplay, which causes it be very frustrating to play against. 

Block Quote

They are but I would say arty is hated because it's not good for the game, because it's not well balanced, because it has no counter play and that often leads players feeling helpless and frustrated that then leads to the hate against it. 

It's why for example I think arty is not liked WVs, WVs don't seem to be well liked but the reasons for that are usually pretty poor considering WVs are balanced and players have clear counterplay against them, a lot of WV whine IMO is based on learn to play problems, arty not so much, you can be the best player in the game but if a clicker decides to click on you all game there is very little you can do about it but hard camp somewhere or hope you kill enough of the artys team to get to the arty before the arty takes all your HP. 

Edited by tajj7, 27 September 2019 - 10:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users