Why is it okay for a VI tank to play with VIII's?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Blazeblack #1 Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1941 battles
Why is this still a thing? The queue lasts for half a second and I'm playing against mostly tier VII and VIII's as a VI tank. This is super annoying and the reason I quit the game multiple times over the past several years... I would come back to it, play for a week or 2 and then get annoyed at games like these that start being the majority so I'd quit again, for the exact same reason again and you're still not doing anything about it.

Why do you do this? You don't lack players, this happens even when there are 100k people online so what is the reason of allowing this? I literally don't mind waiting for 1-5 minutes for a proper game instead of being instantly thrown into one where I'll be as powerless as a rabbit.

I've gotten into the game again for god-knows-which time now and I'm going to give up on it again at some point in the next week or two if this keeps going. It literally makes the game a pain in the *** to play.

Edited by Blazeblack, 27 September 2019 - 11:04 PM.

rageman4u #2 Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18842 battles

Is it ok tier 8 tanks to play t10 games? imagine you play tvp and fv hits you 1700.

Game is not fair.

Game had bad mm

Game has bots

Game publishes his own aimbots and cheats.

Solution? Dont pay any penny to this game!

Edited by rageman4u, 27 September 2019 - 11:14 PM.

MeetriX #3 Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:14 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24362 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

Maybe you play wrong tanks?

My favourite tier 6 tanks see quite often single tier battles and when they do not, they still not get offended.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74388 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostBlazeblack, on 27 September 2019 - 11:04 PM, said:

Why do you do this? You don't lack players, this happens even when there are 100k people online so what is the reason of allowing this? I literally don't mind waiting for 1-5 minutes for a proper game instead of being instantly thrown into one where I'll be as powerless as a rabbit.

But all those 100K are not in wait for a tier 6 game are they? As how frequent it is, is a factor of tier population in wait at that moment more so then server population, or even what class you play. And you will see it more often at these hours vs in the middle of the day, when the population moves more up to tier 8+

View Postrageman4u, on 27 September 2019 - 11:13 PM, said:

Is it ok tier 8 tanks to play t10 games? imagine you play tvp and fv hits you 1700.

I suspect it's as fair as most stock tier III's with 30 pen facing your II J.  

Stevies_Team #5 Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14798 battles

Tier 6 premiums are amongst my favourite tonks

The Thunderbolt and Dicker in particular

Tier 8s aren't such a big deal if you play tier 8 matches a lot

if you've only got a tier 6 you know their weaknesses and can exploit them

Any tier 6 with a high rate of fire can cause a lot of grief if you spam some gold at an 8

ding ding ding every 3 seconds from some tier 6s is darned annoying and often fatal if ignored

Just a case of finding what works for you

Edited by Stevies_Team, 27 September 2019 - 11:42 PM.

Blazeblack #6 Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1941 battles

View PostStevies_Team, on 27 September 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

Tier 6 premiums are amongst my favourite tonks

The Thunderbolt and Dicker in particular

Tier 8s aren't such a big deal if you play tier 8 matches a lot

if you've only got a tier 6 you know their weaknesses and can exploit them

Any tier 6 with a high rate of fire can cause a lot of grief if you spam some gold at an 8

ding ding ding every 3 seconds from some tier 6s is darned annoying and often fatal if ignored

Just a case of finding what works for you

I do not use premium tanks and I do not intend to lose money on every shot just to penetrate a t8 for 10% of his hp. I'm just trying to have fun while grinding the xp, but it's a pain to do when in 4/5 of my games I shoot beans at them and get one shot the first time I get hit... Which part of that is any sort of fun?

22:55 Added after 4 minute

View PostBalc0ra, on 27 September 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:

But all those 100K are not in wait for a tier 6 game are they? As how frequent it is, is a factor of tier population in wait at that moment more so then server population, or even what class you play. And you will see it more often at these hours vs in the middle of the day, when the population moves more up to tier 8+

I suspect it's as fair as most stock tier III's with 30 pen facing your II J.  

No not all of them are in the tier VI queue but given how short the queues are there is definitely some room for tweaks. Again, I would rather wait a minute or two for a game in my tier rather than get thrown into a game that will suck within 3 seconds of pressing the play button

Stevies_Team #7 Posted 28 September 2019 - 12:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14798 battles
A big spanky gun helps, those russkie 122s are brill for higher tiers

Blazeblack #8 Posted 28 September 2019 - 12:11 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1941 battles

View PostStevies_Team, on 28 September 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

A big spanky gun helps, those russkie 122s are brill for higher tiers

I'm not going to grind a different tree than what I want just to be able to deal with tanks I shouldn't be playing against.

Edited by Blazeblack, 28 September 2019 - 12:11 AM.

Pansenmann #9 Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36455 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
What tank exactly are you playing?
also - try not to get shot.

HolyCheat #10 Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 926 battles

When playing a KV2 you certainly hope for tiers 8 ;)

OS some skorp is always fun, when he pm you and accuse you of camping it is even better.

Blazeblack #11 Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1941 battles

View PostPansenmann, on 28 September 2019 - 01:03 AM, said:

What tank exactly are you playing?
also - try not to get shot.

Strv 74, decided to go down that line and it's my first tier VI tank.

Unicorn_of_Steel #12 Posted 28 September 2019 - 06:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15604 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
Strv.74 has a very decent gun with very good handling. No problem aiming for weak spots, no matter the tier you are up against. The tank has no armor though, so you play support/sniper. You can not brawl at all, even a tier 3 will pen you.

What i do when playing a new tank is check out if it existed irl. You will find good info about intended use and it's weak points. You can also watch Inside Strv. 74 on YouTube.  

PowJay #13 Posted 28 September 2019 - 06:14 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40500 battles

I'll just leave these here.

http://wotreplays.eu...v-powjay-su-100

http://wotreplays.eu...y-ikv_65_alt_ii

http://wotreplays.eu...jay-m36_jackson

http://wotreplays.eu...powjay-achilles

http://wotreplays.eu...ay-powjay-t-150

And those are just my tier VI bottom-tier replays. These are the battles I remember, not some top-tier ROFLStomp

This game is what it is and if you don't like it, there's one option open to all of us. 

Xandania #14 Posted 28 September 2019 - 08:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44057 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

I curse when taking out my Churchill Gamecarrier and I do not get a tier 8 game - as it can pen pretty much all tier 8s frontally as a tier 6.

Once upon a time, I loved to play a little tank called UE57 - it was great to slaughter tier 5 tanks. Then it lost the ability to meet them and rests in the garage ever since. AT every tier there are tanks that fare well as bootom tier - and others that don't. Overall I'd say that is another point of balance in the game.

Bordhaw #15 Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:17 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15293 battles

View PostBlazeblack, on 27 September 2019 - 10:04 PM, said:

I've gotten into the game again for god-knows-which time now and I'm going to give up on it again at some point in the next week or two if this keeps going. It literally makes the game a pain in the *** to play.

Go back to Tier 2 that seems to be your better level. 

4nt #16 Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29639 battles
Well, things could be rolled Back to times when 38nA faced t8s, then meeting t8s in arguably one of top t6s wouldn't feel so bad! Also, no limit on arty per team. Would also lessen the feeling of unfairness in game.

Inappropriate_noob #17 Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:58 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17506 battles

View PostBlazeblack, on 27 September 2019 - 11:04 PM, said:

Why is this still a thing? The queue lasts for half a second and I'm playing against mostly tier VII and VIII's as a VI tank. This is super annoying and the reason I quit the game multiple times over the past several years... I would come back to it, play for a week or 2 and then get annoyed at games like these that start being the majority so I'd quit again, for the exact same reason again and you're still not doing anything about it.

Working as intended then, you think this game is fun, that is not allowed comrade, alt F4 is a good way out and things are never going to improve, play it or don't play it, no one cares, least of all WG.

Gruff_ #18 Posted 28 September 2019 - 03:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22826 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Because there are other same tier or +1 tier opponents for you to fight if the +2 are too much, becaues it introduces variety and challenge nothing better than being the underdog and coming out on top, because it gives you the oppertunity for team work spotting and coordinating to take down a tougher opponent.

Blazeblack #19 Posted 28 September 2019 - 04:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1941 battles
There's a big difference between "variety and challenge" and "unfair advantage". Is it variety and challenge" to ask a preteen to fight John Cena? Because that's what this feels like.

PowJay #20 Posted 28 September 2019 - 05:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40500 battles

View PostBlazeblack, on 28 September 2019 - 03:09 PM, said:

There's a big difference between "variety and challenge" and "unfair advantage". Is it variety and challenge" to ask a preteen to fight John Cena? Because that's what this feels like.

Do you want to be the preteen or do you want to be John Cena?

It's early days for your tier VI tanks, and I guess that you haven't really upgraded anything if much. That is going to hurt you regardless of how well you play. So let's see how well you play in lower tier tanks.

Mmmmm. The answer is that the words "play" and "well" do not go together in your case.

I wanted to start with the Sav m/43. As it is a TD, its primary role is damage-dealing. We both have a similar number of battles in this, but the difference is that you have probably played it as a new player and I played it fully upgraded with Free XP. I didn't like it, but my average damage is 313 HP/battle and yours is 76 HP/battle. That's not very good, is it when you consider that this is a tier III TD and you are not doing enough damage to kill a tier I light tank.

You have 56 battles in the T-28. This is quite a popular vehicle and I have seen good players do very, very well in it. I recently bought it back but sold it after only a few battles. Most of my battles in this were played a long time ago as a beginner. So maybe I will look at this next.

So that is more average damage than you and still it is not enough to maintain a positive WR. The colours on the right are performance indicators (called Wn8), with black being the worst and red almost as bad. Even with approaching double your average damage, you can see that I don't perform well enough in this tank, whereas you are in a tier IV medium, only just doing enough damage to kill a tier I tank.

Your most-played tank is the T-50. Lights are among the hardest vehicles to play successfully. By this I mean that you can play them well, as well as anyone, in a scouting role, but the rest of the team might not hit a darned thing. To truly be successful, you have to be prepared to deal damage as well. Oh dear.

I was terrible in the T-50, but I still have over double your damage. I played mine back when it regularly saw tier VIII, so scouting was its primary role. For a moment, let's consider other light tanks that I owned which I played as scouts maybe with a little more experience.

The Leopard stats are appalling, but as a tier V I still managed 223 HP/battle damage. The Chaffee was equally bad, but still I managed 246 HP/battle average damage. The AMX ELC bis was played ONLY as a newbie (or noob) but I still managed 227 HP/battle.

The M7 is now classed as a light, and I do own it, but I mostly played it as a medium. The Crusader, however, is now classed as a medium, but I played it as a light to get 3 MoE. I have hardly played it as a medium, so as a tier V light tank, I have 497 HP/battle damage.

The one I do want to mention is my Ke-Ho. Tier IV light tank that never had scout match-making, so it never did see tier VIII. This is a tier IV LIGHT tank. My average damage in it is 477 HP/battle. This is a battle as BOTTOM tier as well, BTW. http://wotreplays.eu/site/4412410#murovanka-powjay-type_5_ke-ho and this is one where we won. http://wotreplays.eu/site/3702219#mountain_pass-powjay-type_5_ke-ho

THAT is what you can do with LT class vehicles if you try to actually fight rather than sit in a bush for several minutes.

All in all, it is difficult to assess your performance from your stats, except to say that you are not yet a good player. You are possibly rushing up the tiers a little fast for your ability. You may well have the potential to be a great player, but you have to learn the game before that will be possible. I can't make direct comparisons between what I have achieved and what you have achieved due to the low number of battles that you have played and- such as with the Sav m/43- with the knowledge that I played this fully upgraded from the start, whereas you probably did not.

If you are going to start threads to rant and rave, then I guess you care. If you did not care, you would simply walk away. Believe me, this MM will NOT change- at least not any time soon- and I, for one, would not like to see it change providing we get a fair share of top, middle and bottom tier battles (which is not exactly that way at the moment, unfortunately). As I said earlier, the battles you remember are the ones where you came out as top player as bottom tier, and there are lots of them on my replays. Here's a nice tier VII one that I am particularly pleased with. Note the assist damage that pushed me to the top on XP. http://wotreplays.eu/site/4787088#glacier-powjay-su-101

It is especially gratifying as I despise that map and it is now the one that I have permanently blocked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users