Suggestion regarding rework of Bonds Shop and end-game

rework endgame bonds bonds rework

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Bonds rework idea (22 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Good idea or not

1. YES (10 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. NO (11 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Yes but.. (1 vote [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

4. No but.. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

Ancybot #1 Posted 28 September 2019 - 10:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21029 battles

We got an information about testing Bond shop and huge discussion came regarding availability of special tanks in it, which lead me to suggest my idea of complete rework of Bonds and end-game

For now it's only possible to get special tanks like 907 by playing Global Map campaign lasting few weeks - players in good clans get bosted in like 15 games, while others have to play 10 times more to have 50/50 chance to get it. The other problem is that it makes tier 10 games unhealthy, because 907 or chieftains are stronger than others and it even increases gap between them.

End-game in WOT is suffering hard for long time and Bonds shop gave me an idea to fix it

1.  Add special tanks like 907/Chieftains to bond shop but for fairly high price

2.  Revive small brackets to end-game modes - add like 3v3, 5v5, 7v7 and think about adding MMR and reward with Bonds for playing it
 a) Allow Soloq
 b) Allow full premade to fight against other full premade teams
3. Allow earning bonds in all end-game competitive modes - special events, small bracket tier 10 games, ranked games, advances, global map and small amount for only tier 10 randoms

4. Finally -  make it possible to farm these tanks by playing all end-game modes for months (YES it should take a SERIOUS amount of time and it's matter of balancing Bonds income and price of rewards)

Result? We have a real end-game with multiple modes which we can enjoy and benefit for playing these. We already had small bracket games but it died and got removed because of no worthy rewards for playing it. It's a great chance to add something fresh for end-game tier 10 games and keep players involved - we all know people started losing interest in this game, especially about end-game.
Also, game becomes more fair in endgame because everyone can get stronger tanks (like 907 or chieftain) by doing enough effort to get these - but using a different ways to finally achieve their goal

Bonds would be a currency allowing to get special rewards for playing all end-game modes - your choice what way you take to finally get enough bonds to get it

What do you think about this kind of rework? Actually it would be rework of whole endgame in wot, not just bond shop

Edited by Ancybot, 28 September 2019 - 10:33 AM.

Neodymium9 #2 Posted 28 September 2019 - 11:51 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19986 battles
You won't have to play any modes,just get premium account and you'll automatically gather bonds faster,that's wg's plan now,tempt players with some tier x clan reward tanks to make them buy premium time for the bonds benefit.

Ancybot #3 Posted 28 September 2019 - 12:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21029 battles
This is why this idea is called rework. It would need complete rework of bonds obtaining and whole end-game
I noted this in 1st post,
Bonds only for end-game competitive modes

Edited by Ancybot, 28 September 2019 - 12:12 PM.

8ruTa1_R3ro11_N00b #4 Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8222 battles
  • [-T4KE] -T4KE

View PostNeodymium9, on 28 September 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

You won't have to play any modes,just get premium account and you'll automatically gather bonds faster,that's wg's plan now,tempt players with some tier x clan reward tanks to make them buy premium time for the bonds benefit.

Get premium bla bla. Wait spend money on broken game dude??????

tajj7 #5 Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28447 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I have no problem with changing the way reward tanks are earned if they want to do that, if they want to make all reward tanks available for bonds going forward and CW is just another way to earn them that is fine, it'll kill CW participation but that is up to them.

However this should not include previously awarded CW reward tanks that were obtained under the old system, a much harder route, those tanks should stay as they are, CW exclusive tanks.

Still plenty of old tier 10s, unused tanks, and I am sure they can dig through the archives to find some obscure paper designs to be new 'CW reward' tanks that can also be in the bond shop.

That is then a fair system, it draws a new line in the sand that says this is the new system for reward tanks but keeps it fair for those that got CW reward tanks the harder way. 

Ancybot #6 Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21029 battles

Block Quote

it'll kill CW participation but that is up to them.

Actually CW is almost dead for 11 months in a year while campaign is not up - why? Because most of clans cannot gather 15 ppl and it's not rewarding enough. They could limit it to like 7x7 or something to make whole global map more intense and make it more easy to participate
BUT
Cutting off parts of maps would be necessary to avoid camps and yolos on one side with lower amount of ppl since maps are ment for 15 - solution would be like making 3 or 4 different cut-offs of part of maps and making people play on some part of it without further knowledge which one will it be (like limiting map to lines 3-7 or 5-9 etc, each map in rotation should have couple of these combinations to give more variety)

Imo actually whole competitive parts of wot should focus on games with no more than 7 players each side on limited area of maps. Randoms obviously should be kept in 15v15 shape

Edited by Ancybot, 03 October 2019 - 10:53 AM.

Gruff_ #7 Posted 03 October 2019 - 04:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22826 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I don't think CW tanks should be available outside of earning them through CW.  I have none btw.

TheNightFox #8 Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9783 battles
  • [REV0L] REV0L
I think CW tanks should be available outside of earning them through CW.  I have none btw.

LordMuffin #9 Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 53499 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
I think Obj 279e should be available outside campaign.
3 marks outside of playing good.

Also tagged with rework, endgame, bonds, bonds rework

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users