Noobs Tips DiTS Newbie

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Gruff_ #21 Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21972 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Always make a point of thanking team mates that helped you to win / actually supported as it breeds more team work and thats better for everyone :) , other venting feedback fan mail also may have some use .... :trollface:

facmanpob #22 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:16 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4000 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostGruff_, on 10 October 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

Always make a point of thanking team mates that helped you to win / actually supported as it breeds more team work and thats better for everyone :) , other venting feedback fan mail also may have some use .... :trollface:

Agreed.

2 nights ago I was on the northern hill of Ghost Town with a Type 64 (I was in my VK 30.01 P). We'd cleared the hill (along with 2 allies who had sadly died) and I wanted the Type 64 to scout. Rather than ping him, then ping the map and then type an angry abusive message (like what usually happens in chat!) I typed "Type 64, if you push down the hill I'll support you". He clicked "Affirmative" and moved out, with me driving down the hill about 50-100m behind him. Between the 2 of us we spotted and killed 2 TDs and cleared out that flank, helping the team win the game. We had a nice little chat after the game and both complimented each other's play. It was very refreshing!

N_Sask_R #23 Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15330 battles

You mention "over the past few months" take a look at your local public school calendar, the number of children with free time has been higher then normal the past few months. Don't expect to see maturity be as prominent in any game during those long weeks of summer vacation.  I've also noticed the queue times in bottom tiers has gone up now that those sweet darling children have been returning to school along with a decline in comments about my mother :)

I do agree with facmanpob, teamwork is there but its not about yelling at others to do what you want them to, its paying attention to when the arty or dead guy clicks and says "tree down", someone blows up and madly clicks that one bush where the map shows there to be nothing...waiting for that slow french tank to get in to position so you can support each others next move.  Its beautiful to see such things come together but if you aren't willing to look you won't see the beauty around you that's already there and good teamwork is there and it is beautiful :)

Dead_in_30_seconds #24 Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5341 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

To be fair, i should have said 2019 in general.

I kinda discount the 'holiday' kids. What I think I'm seeing is a more 'selfish' approach in general.

Totally agree with the warm glow we experience when witnessing the finer arts in action, and that these actions are there to find, I just seem to see far more egocentric behaviour than before.

I'm not for one minute saying we've suddenly lost all examples of teamplay, merely that, overall, there seem to be fewer examples.

I wondered if the plethora of mission based objectives and rewards has led to a naturally more individual focus? This could perhaps explain my perception?

Also tagged with Noobs, Tips, DiTS, Newbie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users