Vehicle Restoration Tool (VRT) issue

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

shocker77 #1 Posted 29 September 2019 - 03:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37431 battles
  • [4HEAD] 4HEAD

2 weeks ago I discovered the VRT which (almost) allows me to restore every premium and rare vehicle I have sold so far. As for the conditions for the restoration read the following section from the VRT thread: https://eu.wargaming.../article/23827/

I had no problems recovering the vehicles so far until I found out that the soviet M3 light was missing. So I wrote a ticket to the support about the issue and I got the answer that there is a time limit (which according to him has to stay a secret) at which tanks cannot be recovered and that I had sold the M3 light before 2015 and thus they aren't able to restore it. After receiving couple of useless answers I decided to write another ticket. This time another support told me that I have sold the tank longer than 2 months ago and a restoration would be out of the question, also talking about a time period at which tanks are becoming unable to be restored.

1. Why was I able to restore tanks like T1E6, T7 Car and some other tanks even after selling them long before 2 months ago or before 2015?

2. If there actually is a time limit, why do you state that ?

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 29 September 2019 - 04:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24333 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

I've never had to use it, as I've never sold a premium tank, but according to their own conditions......there is no time limit for rare or premium tanks not available in the tech tree.

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/23829/

So, as the M3 is available in the tech tree....it doesn't apply.

Conditions

• Premium vehicles (available in the Tech Tree) can be restored in-game up to 72h after their sale. After that, check the Vehicle Restoration Tool (VRT)
  • Rare and other Premium vehicles (not available in the Tech Tree) can be restored at any time. They have no time limit.
  • A vehicle restoration requires one (1) vacant garage slot.
  • The buyback cost in credits runs at the selling value plus a 10% fee.

Edited by BravelyRanAway, 29 September 2019 - 04:02 PM.

gitgud_cannot #3 Posted 29 September 2019 - 04:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29387 battles
iirc if you sold a rare tank before this system came into action, then its not possible to recover it.

Stevies_Team #4 Posted 29 September 2019 - 05:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12106 battles

There was probbly an upgrade between you selling and the new system coming on stream

I had like 50 spare slots after my last purge and my crews played football and had a runway for light planes on R&R

I reckon when you get a tank you get a permanent 32/64 bit memory address associated with that slot

Tanks from before the current system can't be recovered

shocker77 #5 Posted 29 September 2019 - 05:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37431 battles
  • [4HEAD] 4HEAD

BravelyRanAway

I've never had to use it, as I've never sold a premium tank, but according to their own conditions......there is no time limit for rare or premium tanks not available in the tech tree.

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/23829/

So, as the M3 is available in the tech tree....it doesn't apply.

I'm talking about the soviet M3 light, not the american one. I've used the VRT to recover all of my other tanks and I haven't had a problem so far.

Major_Gitgud

iirc if you sold a rare tank before this system came into action, then its not possible to recover it.

Stevies_Team

There was probbly an upgrade between you selling and the new system coming on stream

I had like 50 spare slots after my last purge and my crews played football and had a runway for light planes on R&R

I reckon when you get a tank you get a permanent 32/64 bit memory address associated with that slot

Tanks from before the current system can't be recovered

As I said, T1E6 and T7 Car had been sold long before the system was implemented, yet I was able to recover those. Why was I able to get them back?

Either Wargaming's VRT doesn't work as intended and they should fix it or they must change the information that recovery of premium and rare tanks are unlimited.

16:48 Added after 3 minute

Sadly the reality differs from what is written here

• It takes up to 24 hours for a sold vehicle to become available for restoration in the Vehicle Restoration Tool.
  • If a vehicle is available in your garage, the Vehicle Restoration Tool will not work for this vehicle.
  • All vehicles that can be restored via the in-game Recovery tool can also be restored via the Vehicle Restoration Tool.
  • Vehicle restoration requests submitted via the ticket center will be answered by an automated system.
  • Make sure that you have one vacant garage slot and enough credits (see below).
  • Vehicles taken away by Player Support, used in the trade-in, vehicle rentals, or any non-Premium vehicle, cannot be restored.

Conditions

• Only one (1) vehicle can be restored for each VRT ticket.
  • The buyback restoration cost, in credits, runs at the selling value plus a 10% fee. Additional information HERE.
  • Premium and Rare vehicle restorations are unlimited.
  • All vehicles will be restored without camouflage and with a 50% trained crew.
  • Each vehicle restoration requires one (1) vacant garage slot.

shocker77 #6 Posted 29 September 2019 - 06:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37431 battles
  • [4HEAD] 4HEAD

17:09 Added after 1 minute
I was able to restore it on my other account. There has to be a bug with VRT.

PowJay #7 Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:30 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39767 battles

Well I registered in 2012 and obtained the M3 Light gift Premium. I sold it for credits and I recently restored it as well as the T1E6 and all of the other tier II and III gift tanks that I'd sold.

I had no problems and restoration was instant.

This is the link where I started the process if you have used something different https://eu.wargaming.../article/23827/

shocker77 #8 Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37431 battles
  • [4HEAD] 4HEAD
I assume the reason my M3 doesn't show up in the VRT is that I haven't played any random battles with it as I only used it in training rooms back then. However that is irrelevant because I still had the vehicle in my garage at one point and I don't know whether Wargaming can see the garage history or not. I was pararelly playing on my second account back then so there's no doubt I owned the M3. The supporters don't even know what they are saying. Restoration of tanks before 2015, or as another supporter claimed, 2 months after selling impossible, yet me and probably everyone else as well were able to recover relicts from the early years of the game.

rabitson #9 Posted 29 September 2019 - 10:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28433 battles

View Postshocker77, on 29 September 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

17:09 Added after 1 minute
I was able to restore it on my other account. There has to be a bug with VRT.

I just recovered stugIV which I sold 3 years ago.:medal:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users