Frontline Season 2020?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

wEight_Tanker #1 Posted 29 September 2019 - 11:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11539 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M
Has anyone got any clue whether It's happening? I've been playing like full Episode 1 and one or two battles in the previous episode, got to Prestige I. I've got over 10 FL boosters, would be nice if they can be used up on the next FL Season if It's gonna happen next year or whenever.

Jumping_Turtle #2 Posted 29 September 2019 - 11:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 70774 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
I hope it will not be every month again. Four times a year is enough.

xx984 #3 Posted 30 September 2019 - 12:08 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65018 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 29 September 2019 - 10:38 PM, said:

Tbh every month wouldn't be bad. 

AS LONG as there are multiple new maps, Ones with differing objectives, perhaps also not just destroy 3 turrets. 

Major mistake they made in 2019 season was they just started it every month on the same old boring map again and again, Which got stale after the 2nd episode or so. The new map is fantastic, But i still hold a lot of negative emotions against FL just because of the terrible experience it was before the new map got added. 

Balc0ra #4 Posted 30 September 2019 - 12:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74388 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postxx984, on 30 September 2019 - 12:08 AM, said:

AS LONG as there are multiple new maps, Ones with differing objectives, perhaps also not just destroy 3 turrets.

CTF...

Tho it's still the 3rd party German studio doing FL maps. So not dependent on WG's workload to find room to get it done.

xx984 #5 Posted 30 September 2019 - 12:15 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65018 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

View PostBalc0ra, on 29 September 2019 - 11:12 PM, said:

CTF...

Tho it's still the 3rd party German studio doing FL maps. So not dependent on WG's workload to find room to get it done.

Would explain why they are better than the usual random maps then.

Even the first map is good, Just stale at the moment

Balc0ra #6 Posted 30 September 2019 - 12:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74388 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postxx984, on 30 September 2019 - 12:15 AM, said:

Would explain why they are better than the usual random maps then.

Even the first map is good, Just stale at the moment

It's a studio called Bongfish iirc. WG wanted them for their open world experience with physics or something. Their games list is not huge that most might know besides Motorcross Madness "Xbox 360 version" and Stoked. But yeah, you definitely see it's a different way of approaching maps vs WG's own team. They also did the GB maps. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 30 September 2019 - 12:25 AM.

Pansenmann #7 Posted 30 September 2019 - 01:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36455 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 29 September 2019 - 11:38 PM, said:

If so, they should last for a month to give "normal" Players a chance to get a reward.

I missed much of it this year thanks to it being available only for one week each month when I was busy with important stuff.

VarzA #8 Posted 30 September 2019 - 01:57 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27363 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostwEight_Tanker, on 29 September 2019 - 11:32 PM, said:

Has anyone got any clue whether It's happening? I've been playing like full Episode 1 and one or two battles in the previous episode, got to Prestige I. I've got over 10 FL boosters, would be nice if they can be used up on the next FL Season if It's gonna happen next year or whenever.

Those boosters will go away at the end of FL 2019.

That being said, FL 2020 will probably happen because WG seems to want to replace t8 marathons with FL (really, they went dark on marathons ever since FL), and they made a new map for it too ... which takes a lot of time investment.

I hope they keep the format, FL is a great place to make gold, as the tanks are utterly useless otherwise (the tanks offered).

01:00 Added after 2 minute

Major mistake they made in 2019 season was they just started it every month on the same old boring map again and again, Which got stale after the 2nd episode or so. The new map is fantastic, But i still hold a lot of negative emotions against FL just because of the terrible experience it was before the new map got added. 

Why do you like the new map so much ?

PS: Pls say how you play it too, tips & tricks are useful.

Edited by VarzA, 30 September 2019 - 01:58 AM.

Wintermute_1 #9 Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:32 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 51435 battles
I certainly won't be suckered into a marathon grind by a tank they fail to reveal next time round.

Zmago5000 #10 Posted 30 September 2019 - 06:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13310 battles
its sure better mode than driving cafees in a race,but lacks behind hunter mode  which is just superb, ....also the rewards are better and grind is not so hilariously hard in a hunter

Edited by Zmago5000, 30 September 2019 - 06:33 AM.

undutchable80 #11 Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:29 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 12516 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I think I read a few months ago that they already have plans for FL 2020. Format wise I am fine with it (1 week per month). I do hope WG have learned that the massive increase in xp requirements to prestige up compared to 2018 and nerf that back to the 2018 level, or start handing out FL boosters from Episode 1. Adding a 3rd and even a 4th map would be awesome. As pretty good Normandie was,it did indeed get stale after 7 episodes. 

tajj7 #12 Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28447 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

If it had 3 maps I'd probably play it more, as said above, whilst they have introduced one this year I was already bored/burnout by the mode by then so was never going to get near the reward tanks. 

Hopefully as well if there is a new reward next year, people who didn't get the AE phase 1 still have the choice to get it if they compete in FL next year. 

Jumping_Turtle #13 Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:28 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 70774 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

They are doing way too many events for my liking. This year has been one big year of events with almost no time to just play the game. And the events are affecting the play we used to have. I would like at least two weeks every month where there are no events/marathons/clanwars.

Dr_Oolen #14 Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23509 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Tbh id rather not have FL every month for a week. Maybe if there was a 3rd map and the grind was halved compared to what it is now. Otherwise every other month with 2 maps and halved grind would be about the maximum i could see myself bother with.

WG is simply spamming way too many "events" to a point that it is actually annoying and in fact uneventful when literally every week there is a new overdone and overcomplicated grind. Imo at maximum half of the year there should be some sort of thing going on in the game. And the grindaids WG turned all events into this year is simply hilarious if i am being honest. If there was one week long event per 2 months then sure, no problem nolifing the game for 3-4 hours a day in that time, since then one would be able to just chill for 2 months, but now when all these grinds, which happen pretty much every week, require nolifing at least 2 hours a day, its at a point where i simply dont bother at all and dont even participate.

I suppose the steel hunt wasnt too overdone in terms of grind, but i found that mode super terrible and the most unfun experience imaginable, especially due to all the rigging, so i played some 5 games and never touched it again due to the disgust.

Bordhaw #15 Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:54 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 15293 battles

View PostwEight_Tanker, on 29 September 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

WG should have it every week with a few more maps and make it a different Tier every other week. 

tajj7 #16 Posted 30 September 2019 - 11:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28447 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostDr_Oolen, on 30 September 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

Tbh id rather not have FL every month for a week. Maybe if there was a 3rd map and the grind was halved compared to what it is now. Otherwise every other month with 2 maps and halved grind would be about the maximum i could see myself bother with.

WG is simply spamming way too many "events" to a point that it is actually annoying and in fact uneventful when literally every week there is a new overdone and overcomplicated grind. Imo at maximum half of the year there should be some sort of thing going on in the game. And the grindaids WG turned all events into this year is simply hilarious if i am being honest. If there was one week long event per 2 months then sure, no problem nolifing the game for 3-4 hours a day in that time, since then one would be able to just chill for 2 months, but now when all these grinds, which happen pretty much every week, require nolifing at least 2 hours a day, its at a point where i simply dont bother at all and dont even participate.

I suppose the steel hunt wasnt too overdone in terms of grind, but i found that mode super terrible and the most unfun experience imaginable, especially due to all the rigging, so i played some 5 games and never touched it again due to the disgust.

Steel Hunter level of grind is where more they should be pitching things IMO. 

Was on for about 3 weeks but only took me about 40 games to get to the last rank, could have done it more slowly rather than rush it and probably then the more annoying elements of the mode wouldn't have grated me like they did.

FL grind this year was just too much, especially on one map, the boosters and new map just came too late to re-ignite my interest in what was a decent mode.

We pretty much started the first 6 months of the year with FL, ranked and premium marathons didn't we with basically no 'normal' play inbetween, maybe a week at a time at best? Then there was a CW campaign, and since then its been FL mode or new mode (PvE, Steel Hunter, Races) each with its own grindy reward/element. And we must be due another ranked season before the end of the year as well, plus still two (?) more FL weeks? Plus we'll probably see something for Haloween as well and then we'll be getting into some sort of Xmas event. 

It has been too much this year, too many events, too grindy.  It has got to the point where if you want all the rewards you basically need to be playing 4-5 hours a day everyday, almost every week pretty much. 

Edited by tajj7, 30 September 2019 - 11:51 AM.

Jumping_Turtle #17 Posted 30 September 2019 - 12:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 70774 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Posttajj7, on 30 September 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

It has been too much this year, too many events,

This, very much this.

Kartoshkaya #18 Posted 30 September 2019 - 01:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27468 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-
One week a month is very good. Cause you're not too much late if you miss one.

pecopad #19 Posted 30 September 2019 - 02:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29765 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

NOOOO please don't do it again....

13:10 Added after 2 minute

View Posttajj7, on 30 September 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

Steel Hunter level of grind is where more they should be pitching things IMO. 

Was on for about 3 weeks but only took me about 40 games to get to the last rank, could have done it more slowly rather than rush it and probably then the more annoying elements of the mode wouldn't have grated me like they did.

FL grind this year was just too much, especially on one map, the boosters and new map just came too late to re-ignite my interest in what was a decent mode.

We pretty much started the first 6 months of the year with FL, ranked and premium marathons didn't we with basically no 'normal' play inbetween, maybe a week at a time at best? Then there was a CW campaign, and since then its been FL mode or new mode (PvE, Steel Hunter, Races) each with its own grindy reward/element. And we must be due another ranked season before the end of the year as well, plus still two (?) more FL weeks? Plus we'll probably see something for Haloween as well and then we'll be getting into some sort of Xmas event. 

It has been too much this year, too many events, too grindy.  It has got to the point where if you want all the rewards you basically need to be playing 4-5 hours a day everyday, almost every week pretty much. 

Steel hunter wasn't fine because of the Clans rigging for rewards..

FL is unplayable for a causal player, with all the hardcore grinders farming ranks

Anything and everything that involves rewards in the game ends up being a major failure,and game play levels suffer. Cheaters - Hackers - Riggers, that's what you are giving incentives.

Edited by pecopad, 30 September 2019 - 02:11 PM.

tajj7 #20 Posted 30 September 2019 - 02:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28447 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postpecopad, on 30 September 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

NOOOO please don't do it again....

13:10 Added after 2 minute

Steel hunter wasn't fine because of the Clans rigging for rewards..

FL is unplayable for a causal player, with all the hardcore grinders farming ranks

Anything and everything that involves rewards in the game ends up being a major failure,and game play levels suffer. Cheaters - Hackers - Riggers, that's what you are giving incentives.

The rigging was hardly that problematic in Steel Hunter considering people still reached top rank relatively easily, hell turtle did it without firing a shot IIRC in about 60 games or something.

What I mean was that the grind to reward level for Steel Hunter was quite nice, easily achievable without having to no life it or tryhard it, which was the opposite of what most events WG has run recently, which often involve playing hundreds of games. 

Edited by tajj7, 30 September 2019 - 02:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users