Jump to content


Should Assisted Suicides count as kills or damage dealt?


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

The_Naa #1 Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:12 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9456 battles
  • 1,634
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

Hello. :)

 

my first game today was not one of the greatest i've had.

but it got me wondering why assisted suicides or ''Panic kills'' as i like to call them dont count as damage dealt or kills?

http://wotreplays.eu...81fe6052c0c882f

i shot the Progetto once, he went full panic mode and killed himself as he tried to get out from my line of fire.

should count as a kill in my book.

 

what do you think?



PipariIkkunaPesuvati #2 Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:27 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13497 battles
  • 473
  • Member since:
    08-05-2012
No.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:48 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,631
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

Now i think really bad things after watching this replay. The way that Progetto panicked against a 180 alpha gun on a one shot tank.

 

That dude in the Bulldog who thought it's a bright idea to sit there in a light tank and snipe heavies blocking anyone going up.

 

It's a disaster! :facepalm:


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 30 September 2019 - 04:48 PM.


Dorander #4 Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:50 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,042
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012
I'd say no. Panic is caused by themselves, not by you. You do not have panic-inducing shells. They're responsible for their own mental states.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:51 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74388 battles
  • 21,280
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Kill? Not really. But add the damage lost to the team XP pool? Sure.

Dorander #6 Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:55 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,042
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 September 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

Kill? Not really. But add the damage lost to the team XP pool? Sure.

 

Pretty sure that already happens, just like it does when you do a cap win.



The_Naa #7 Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:59 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9456 battles
  • 1,634
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 30 September 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

 

That dude in the Bulldog who thought it's a bright idea to sit there in a light tank and snipe heavies blocking anyone going up.

 

yeah, screw up my whole game plan as i took unnecessary damage because he wanted to snipe little.

 

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 30 September 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now i think really bad things after watching this replay. The way that Progetto panicked against a 180 alpha gun on a one shot tank.

 

i dont even know, some players panic from the slightest things, not the first time that has happened to me in that map.

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 30 September 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

 

It's a disaster! :facepalm:

it really is.



Dr_Blackshark #8 Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:04 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14956 battles
  • 145
  • Member since:
    08-29-2015
Fam, that would take euthanasia to a whole new level.

Immensive #9 Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:06 PM

    Sergeant

  • Moderator
  • 48049 battles
  • 262
  • [HOOT] HOOT
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

The problem in general would be the impossibility of a system to count/reward that most times right.

 

But its pretty annoying, yeah.


Edited by Immensive, 30 September 2019 - 05:06 PM.


ValkyrionX #10 Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:08 PM

    Major

  • Moderator
  • 54604 battles
  • 2,716
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

the possibility of committing suicide should disappear from this game, if you press the battle button you have to play, otherwise you do not play this game if you see that the game goes wrong and you decide to sink or jump from some ravine like an idiot.

 

anyway, no

 



The_Naa #11 Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:09 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9456 battles
  • 1,634
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostDorander, on 30 September 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

I'd say no. Panic is caused by themselves, not by you. You do not have panic-inducing shells. They're responsible for their own mental states.

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 September 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

Kill? Not really. But add the damage lost to the team XP pool? Sure.


imo, it should count as a kill similar to how if an enemy goes under water by them self and you shoot his tracks off you will score a kill.

or if you push a tank off a cliff it counts as a kill.



Dorander #12 Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:09 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,042
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostValkyrionX, on 30 September 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

the possibility of committing suicide should disappear from this game, if you press the battle button you have to play, otherwise you do not play this game if you see that the game goes wrong and you decide to sink or jump from some ravine like an idiot.

 

anyway, no

 

 

Because that's why they added drowning and crashing, so that people could suicide out of battles. Must've been a fun design meeting.

16:10 Added after 0 minute

View PostThe_Naa, on 30 September 2019 - 04:09 PM, said:


imo, it should count as a kill similar to how if an enemy goes under water by them self and you shoot his tracks off you will score a kill.

or if you push a tank off a cliff it counts as a kill.

 

In those situations you have directly contributed to their death. Panic is, at best, indirectly contributing to somebody's death, assuming they aren't simply stoned out of their gourd and made a common slip.



The_Naa #13 Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:25 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9456 battles
  • 1,634
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostImmensive, on 30 September 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

The problem in general would be the impossibility of a system to count/reward that most times right.

 

But its pretty annoying, yeah.


something like say: ''within 5 seconds if the player crashes his tank it counts as a kill for the last player who shot him before his death''

that would sound reasonable.



Balc0ra #14 Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74388 battles
  • 21,280
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostThe_Naa, on 30 September 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:


something like say: ''within 5 seconds if the player crashes his tank it counts as a kill for the last player who shot him before his death''

that would sound reasonable.

 

That argument has been up here a few times over the years. And it's not unreasonable. But since it's still not a thing. I suspect you should not count on it.



Bordhaw #15 Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:39 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15293 battles
  • 5,220
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostThe_Naa, on 30 September 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

what do you think?

 

Just forget about it and play the next battle...

 



The_Naa #16 Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:48 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9456 battles
  • 1,634
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostBordhaw, on 30 September 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

 

 

play the next battle...

 


way ahead of you.

19 battles played already.

 

View PostBordhaw, on 30 September 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

 

Just forget about it

 

 

no, it happens too often to me.

Jumping_Turtle fell off a cliff as well after i shot him.

i cant say i have him on my killed list. :(



XxKuzkina_MatxX #17 Posted 30 September 2019 - 06:00 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,631
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

Well, you have to be a little sneaky to not scare your prey too much.

 

The T-10 vs. the slumbering beast...

 



LordMuffin #18 Posted 30 September 2019 - 06:59 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 53499 battles
  • 13,409
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostThe_Naa, on 30 September 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

Hello. :)

 

my first game today was not one of the greatest i've had.

but it got me wondering why assisted suicides or ''Panic kills'' as i like to call them dont count as damage dealt or kills?

http://wotreplays.eu...81fe6052c0c882f

i shot the Progetto once, he went full panic mode and killed himself as he tried to get out from my line of fire.

should count as a kill in my book.

 

what do you think?

No.

But I think drowning enemies do count, and should count.



Dorander #19 Posted 30 September 2019 - 11:04 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,042
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostThe_Naa, on 30 September 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

no, it happens too often to me.

Jumping_Turtle fell off a cliff as well after i shot him.

i cant say i have him on my killed list. :(

 

At last, the true reason for this request reveals itself! :izmena:



ThorgrimBrenadim #20 Posted 01 October 2019 - 12:11 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 34443 battles
  • 615
  • Member since:
    06-22-2012

I had a Bulldog try to kill me in my T44 today but kept face hugged to him in the end his last HE shell again into my turret did no damage but it killed him. I did not get the kill though it was marked down in post game he killed himself. it is wrong but though we may want wargaming to fix it there are way more things that need fixing before this.

Just enjoy the fact you where victorious in that encounter :)


Edited by ThorgrimBrenadim, 01 October 2019 - 12:12 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users