Quickybabys Twitch Loot Gift - need help pls!

Twitch drop gift quickybaby

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Jethro_Grey #1 Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4539 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

Hi there,

i used to have Amazon Prime and thus Twitch Prime and all associated benefits. 

However, at some point i didn't prolong my membership, and even all the drops for WoT weren't reason for me to do so. 

I was thinking to get Amazon prime again when the last drop was announced.

The female commander looks like a very close friend of mine and so my interrest was peaked. 

Now to the issue.

On Quickybabys Twitchcon live stream i received a gift for that drop.

I followed all the steps, linking Amazon, linking my WoT account to Twitch and so on. 

All seem to have worked, except the part where i can redeem that gift. 

I click the redeem button and a message says something along the lines of 'your loot is waiting for you when you log in the next time'. Except it doesn't. 

I redeemed my gift several times now and still nothing. 

It's like the real life counterpart to inviting several hot french chicks to a party and hoping at least one shows up.

And like every guy who created a 'haxxor n' cheatz', 'MM/game is rigged' thread will probably confirm, not one of them is showing up. Ever. ^^

Anyway, as far as i understand the whole gift thing, i do not have to have an Amazon Prime/ Twitch Prime membership to redeem theat gift, right? Cause what would be the point of gifting that to someone, if said someone has already such a membership and can the get the loot without watching any streams. 

Any ideas what went wrong? I am wrong? Do i need a Prime Membership? 

Pls halp!!! 

Edited by Jethro_Grey, 01 October 2019 - 10:33 AM.

misterslate #2 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12510 battles

Have you checked you barracks recruiting section?

Kartoshkaya #3 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27468 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-
Why are you asking here and not the support ?

TankkiPoju #4 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:54 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23978 battles
It takes few hours sometimes.

Jethro_Grey #5 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4539 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View Postmisterslate, on 01 October 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

Have you checked you barracks recruiting section?

Yeah, i did. I checked everything, Barracks, missions aso.

View PostKartoshkaya, on 01 October 2019 - 11:45 AM, said:

Why are you asking here and not the support ?

Which support? WG? I doubt they can help. 

Twitch support? I created a support ticket for a different matter at the start of August and still didn't get a reply yet, not even a 'hey, we're on it' or something similar!. 

And since the gift has to be redeemed before 27th of october, i rather ask here and hope that someone had either the same issue and possibly a solution or at least a clue what's going on. 

Kartoshkaya #6 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27468 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-
WG support will help you.

Bora_BOOM #7 Posted 01 October 2019 - 12:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 29130 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

Jethro, I feel you, I have had "a pleasant hassle" regarding the matter, so I will share it here for ppl know it is not all shiny.

That twitch/amazon/prime thing is too complicated imo. I am rather tech and IT savvy and yet I find that system cumbersome. But I haven't given up and activated the package that was including Tiger captured tank. Eventually, the free month ran out and I haven’t continued the membership. And then, 2nd month (1 month after the free period) I get charged for like 2 eur. Ok, its nothing, it will go away. Mind you, I was charged directly from my bank account that is linked to my debit card, not the card itself, receiving an SMS from my bank that transfer has been done.

Next month I get charged again. And again. At this point, I get pi..ed off by a principle of paying for something I don't use. So I start to look after whats going on. And I find that Amazon prime video service is on although my free period is off. I decide to turn it off, but it gets me to an error page with the puppies saying something went wrong. Then I found out that there are Amazon .uk and Amazon .com and my registration is not the same on both. Finally, I turn it off on .com but .uk still gives me an error page. I gave up, though it might need some time for sync or whatever and I forgot.

Next month bam - another 2 eur. At this point, I was about to call the service of whatever wherever and share some "happy thoughts" over the phone or email. Instead, I have googled the thing and after losing hours I finally found a back door for turning the damn thing off. I can't remember at what point I have disconnected twitch and amazon and hence getting the tank removed from my account, ending with paying 8 or 10 eur for a tank that I have played in 5 battles.

For me, the whole thing is not worth the hassle unless you use the Amazon regularly. I guess.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 01 October 2019 - 12:34 PM.

Jethro_Grey #8 Posted 01 October 2019 - 01:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4539 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View PostBora_BOOM, on 01 October 2019 - 12:33 PM, said:

Jethro, I feel you, I have had "a pleasant hassle" regarding the matter, so I will share it here for ppl know it is not all shiny.

That twitch/amazon/prime thing is too complicated imo. I am rather tech and IT savvy and yet I find that system cumbersome. But I haven't given up and activated the package that was including Tiger captured tank. Eventually, the free month ran out and I haven’t continued the membership. And then, 2nd month (1 month after the free period) I get charged for like 2 eur. Ok, its nothing, it will go away. Mind you, I was charged directly from my bank account that is linked to my debit card, not the card itself, receiving an SMS from my bank that transfer has been done.

Next month I get charged again. And again. At this point, I get pi..ed off by a principle of paying for something I don't use. So I start to look after whats going on. And I find that Amazon prime video service is on although my free period is off. I decide to turn it off, but it gets me to an error page with the puppies saying something went wrong. Then I found out that there are Amazon .uk and Amazon .com and my registration is not the same on both. Finally, I turn it off on .com but .uk still gives me an error page. I gave up, though it might need some time for sync or whatever and I forgot.

Next month bam - another 2 eur. At this point, I was about to call the service of whatever wherever and share some "happy thoughts" over the phone or email. Instead, I have googled the thing and after losing hours I finally found a back door for turning the damn thing off. I can't remember at what point I have disconnected twitch and amazon and hence getting the tank removed from my account, ending with paying 8 or 10 eur for a tank that I have played in 5 battles.

For me, the whole thing is not worth the hassle unless you use the Amazon regularly. I guess.

That's annoying. 

I lost interrest when the shows i was watching on Amazon where excluded from the Prime list and i didn't want to pay 3 bucks per episode.

snowlywhite #9 Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26114 battles

View PostBora_BOOM, on 01 October 2019 - 12:33 PM, said:

man, I got "prime" for... 5 minutes(?) to get the commander from don't know which package. Made an acct. with some spam address, put the card, linked, etc. Got the goodies(crew member and whatever) than deleted the acct and everything else.

as I matter of principle I don't want to buy/share data/whatever with amazon anytime soon. So I instantly deleted the acct.

but everything worked ok. Got the goods, didn't get billed afterwards, etc.

obviously, probably is more complicated in case of a rental tank as I suppose they keep checking. But the process should be the same.

p.s. - obviously the key word here is "delete acct" :P

Edited by snowlywhite, 01 October 2019 - 06:56 PM.

Jethro_Grey #10 Posted 01 October 2019 - 07:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4539 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

Well, seeing as she's a french girl and she arrived ~30 hours after the gift was redeemed, i assume she went for a shopping trip to Paris before swinging by. 

Anyways, the loot arrived!

Bora_BOOM #11 Posted 01 October 2019 - 09:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 29130 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View Postsnowlywhite, on 01 October 2019 - 05:55 PM, said:

man, I got "prime" for... 5 minutes(?) to get the commander from don't know which package. Made an acct. with some spam address, put the card, linked, etc. Got the goodies(crew member and whatever) than deleted the acct and everything else.

as I matter of principle I don't want to buy/share data/whatever with amazon anytime soon. So I instantly deleted the acct.

but everything worked ok. Got the goods, didn't get billed afterwards, etc.

obviously, probably is more complicated in case of a rental tank as I suppose they keep checking. But the process should be the same.

p.s. - obviously the key word here is "delete acct" :P

That's what it was suppose to be, but clearly something went tits up in my case with the service on Amazon. I am not in EU, and that probably didn't exactly help. Anyhow, free stuff in the game is avaliable, arguably better than twitch loots give. I will not bother trying again any sooner. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users