Do people who grind T8 and T9 tanks ruin the game for others?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

ziratulbihac #1 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4263 battles

Do people who play i.e. T-54 or any other tank with STOCK modules ruin the game for  others who are chasing Victories. 

I mean you have group of people who are playing OP tanks + spam Premium Ammo

then you have a group of people who are just grinding tanks properly + they don't spam ammo cause they are slowly farming credits.

It's obvious that team that gets more of "WN8 chasers" against "Grinders" will win.

What do you think about this guys? 

Edited by ziratulbihac, 01 October 2019 - 11:01 PM.

SaintMaddenus #2 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38059 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

No as it is a core part of the game.  it makes the grind harder, which I believe is why so many premium 8's exist.. WG is a business, not a charity.  

Pansenmann #3 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36218 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
@OP did you never drive semi-stock tanks?

I dont think someone is doing that to mess up YOUR games. ;)

TheKing99 #4 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1227 battles
  • [LGBTQ] LGBTQ

Ah, one of the reasons why skill-based matchmaking is a flawed concept.

I'd rather have a good player in a stock T-54 (in which he likely has the top engine from the T-54LW, IIRC) than your common sleepwalker in an elite one. Jokes aside, there's a fair chance that the decent-ish players have adopted the obvious strategy of minimizing the stock grind, and the 'sleepwalkers' are the ones who grind the WZ-120 without going down the HT line, and are hence basically 'useless' until they get the top gun.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

What's not "proper" about saving free XP for some essential modules? I remember waiting 5-6 months to unlock the top gun on the Conqueror using free XP from random battles. Same with the T29 and a couple of other tanks. Yeah that was kind of stubborn but it was worth it in terms of battle efficiency and enjoyment.

So no, there is no proper way to grind tanks and in the long run you'll have both stock and upgraded tanks in your team and the enemy's.

Note: that's half an idea. maybe tomorrow i will complete it.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 01 October 2019 - 11:25 PM.

Schepel #6 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:31 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65859 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 01 October 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:

What's not "proper" about saving free XP for some essential modules? I remember waiting 5-6 months to unlock the top gun on the Conqueror using free XP from random battles. Same with the T29 and a couple of other tanks. Yeah that was kind of stubborn but it was worth it in terms of battle efficiency and enjoyment.

So no, there is no proper way to grind tanks and in the long run you'll have both stock and upgraded tanks in your team and the enemy's.

Note: that's half an idea. maybe tomorrow i will complete it.

This. There is usually very little reason to play stock tanks, no matter the tier. New players obviously have to until a certain point, but everybody else can just play elite tanks and calmly collect free xp to unlock key modules.

VarzA #7 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:45 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26314 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View Postziratulbihac, on 01 October 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

Do people who play i.e. T-54 or any other tank with STOCK modules ruin the game for  others who are chasing Victories. 

then you have a group of people who are just grinding tanks properly + they don't spam ammo cause they are slowly farming credits.

It's obvious that team that gets more of "WN8 chasers" against "Grinders" will win.

Yes probably .... i grind tanks stock, refuse to use free xp, and it probably hurts my team.

Edited by VarzA, 01 October 2019 - 11:48 PM.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 02 October 2019 - 12:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72848 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSchepel, on 01 October 2019 - 11:31 PM, said:

This. There is usually very little reason to play stock tanks, no matter the tier. New players obviously have to until a certain point, but everybody else can just play elite tanks and calmly collect free xp to unlock key modules.

True, but not everyone has the time if you will. And for weekend warriors. The "I want it now" mentality is bigger. As getting 75K free XP for a turret and a gun that works with it on the T-54 so you don't have to grind it with crap pen vs tier X is farmed fairly fast if you convert free XP from other tanks. But f2p variant of free XP grind for a 6 digit number is not done in a month for your average Joe. Thus it's faster for them to suffer past it, to get to it faster when you play 20 games a week if that. As not everyone has our timetable for this game.

Schepel #9 Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:32 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65859 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 02 October 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

True, but not everyone has the time if you will. And for weekend warriors. The "I want it now" mentality is bigger. As getting 75K free XP for a turret and a gun that works with it on the T-54 so you don't have to grind it with crap pen vs tier X is farmed fairly fast if you convert free XP from other tanks. But f2p variant of free XP grind for a 6 digit number is not done in a month for your average Joe. Thus it's faster for them to suffer past it, to get to it faster when you play 20 games a week if that. As not everyone has our timetable for this game.

I meant fully F2P accumulation of free xp. Sure, it may take a few months to get that new tank fully upgraded. So what? What is the rush? From my perspective, it is a choice between 'suffering a grind' and enjoying oneself with an elite tank. Not really a choice at all, except that many seem to prefer to afk through a stock grind. I think that is a criminal waste of time meant to enjoy oneself.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #10 Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:45 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostSchepel, on 02 October 2019 - 04:32 AM, said:

I meant fully F2P accumulation of free xp. Sure, it may take a few months to get that new tank fully upgraded. So what? What is the rush? From my perspective, it is a choice between 'suffering a grind' and enjoying oneself with an elite tank. Not really a choice at all, except that many seem to prefer to afk through a stock grind. I think that is a criminal waste of time meant to enjoy oneself.

That's the other half of the idea. You can...

• Wait patiently to enjoy an upgraded tank without paying anything.

• Throw money at the problem and instantly enjoy the tank fully upgraded.

• Waste some time and effort to just hoard stuff which will probably perform badly due to the lack of experience in battles.

Every choice got its target audience, none of those choices can be called "proper" by everyone.

rageman4u #11 Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17948 battles
Neither you nor me! NOBODY  cares about our winrate. Try it. It is just a game. Numbers don't make you pro in this game. Just try to have fun. If you lose thats not your fault. 

NoobySkooby #12 Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:14 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16975 battles
  • [D3NK] D3NK

I think this is a crazy idea, grinding is what your meant to do, it annoys me when players do not have t8's and t9's, lazy scrubs, lol

Wintermute_1 #13 Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:21 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50005 battles
Given top spec tanks and stock tanks are going to even out on teams over time its a bit of a non issue.

HassenderZerhacker #14 Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:48 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31030 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

don't blame the players... blame the people who put that system in place.

I grind all my tanks... I don't have enough free xp to just skip tanks or the lesser guns...

Another thing that must also be said is that some stock tanks are simply horrible, and some stay that way even when fully upgraded.

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 02 October 2019 - 02:48 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #15 Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:49 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34085 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

You have just as many tier 8-9 tanks on your team as the enemy does on theirs so if you're looking for an excuse for losing you should look closer to home.

BQBD #16 Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12975 battles
Answer to this question is not so simple.

It is not the same when you are stock TD or stock artillery or when you are a stock Heavy tank that needs to hold the corner or push forwards.

When one is playing stock tanks, one needs to adjust its play style and make the most of out it. But for the most part, lets be honest, you do relay on your team to carry you through the grind. How hard they need to carry you is solely up to you :)

Personally I free XP some modules I grind through others. Rarely have I completely free XP-ed a whole tank + modules.

There is one added bonus for playing stock tanks. You get to appreciate elited tanks more, having played them stock ;):)

tajj7 #17 Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28177 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Managing your grinds, your stock grinds, using your free XP, getting your crews right, your equipment set ups right etc. is part of being better at the game. 

As others have said, you'll find most people won't be going into tier 9 games with completely stock tanks.  The people that do are also probably the same people that have camo nets on their heavies and refuse to use premium ammo, players who make choices that basically handicap themselves. 

Also like the MM, these sort of players will even out over time, so if you have a stock T-54 on your team, you'll have probably faced just as many stock T-54s on the enemy team. 

undutchable80 #18 Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:22 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11661 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

What makes you think ppl who play (semi)stock tanks are not chasing the victory OP? If anything, because they are (semi)stock, they generally try harder since winning = more xp = faster unlocking of modules.

And they may not be wallet warriors like some of us, who might say #walletclosed to a new premium tank, yet buy gold to retrain crews and / or convert combat xp to freexp in order to unlock modules straight away. 

Personally, I generally unock the tracks (if needed - no Russian bias), top gun and turret. Top radios and engines I grind. If there are multiple guns to get, then depending on the freexp cost, I will offset the 2nd / 3rd gun with gold. Lots of it. Zero F's given.  

WhoCares01 #19 Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21422 battles

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 02 October 2019 - 02:48 AM, said:

don't blame the players... blame the people who put that system in place.

I grind all my tanks... I don't have enough free xp to just skip tanks or the lesser guns...

Another thing that must also be said is that some stock tanks are simply horrible, and some stay that way even when fully upgraded.

I leave this one here:

Polish tier 1 vs tier 4 (stock and top guns)

:facepalm:

And it's not like you can skip the stock gun with a gun you unlocked on tier 2/3...

DeltaOperator #20 Posted 02 October 2019 - 10:08 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25661 battles
  • [ST0RM] ST0RM

View Postziratulbihac, on 02 October 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

Playing a tank stock is no proper grind. It's a dumb move most commonly executed by average and mediocre players. If you are smart you save up free xp playing elite tanks you perform well with. It's debatable whether all modules of a should be researched with free xp before playing it. At the very least one should get the top gun. It allows you to deal more damage more often and eases the rest of the grind. Playing completely stock says "Hello, i will be useless". Bonus points if you use a stock turret. It is easily recognizable as it provides a difference both in appearance and hitpoints, so you are saying "Shoot me, I'm an easy target!" to the enemy team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users