Compensation for CW Reward tanks in the bonds shop?

• Please log in to reply
501 replies to this topic

tajj7 #1 Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28447 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Seeing as it looks like this is going to happen as Patch 1.61 is being released next week and the last version of the public test had the M60 and 121b being sold for 15k bonds, ignoring the rightness and wrongness of this (it's wrong), are you going to give the owners of those tanks proper compensation for being screwed over? 

And not the poor compensation you give those original mutant owners for selling their supposedly 'exclusive' pre-order tank, which IIRC was like camo and separate name (I don't want an M60 'CW' or something or some skin).

Something like at the very least like the bonds you are selling them for, or the ability to trade our now de-valued M60 or 121b for one of the other CW Reward tanks currently not in the bonds shop so we actually have a CW reward tank we earned not available for the masses much more easily. 

Jumping_Turtle #2 Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:57 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 70774 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Posttajj7, on 03 October 2019 - 08:50 AM, said:

or the ability to trade our now de-valued M60 or 121b for one of the other CW Reward tanks currently not in the bonds shop so we actually have a CW reward tank we earned not available for the masses much more easily. 

But than you will have the same problem when they arrive in the bonds shop. It is more than likely that people will ask for those more and more now they are starting to put clanwar tanks in the shop. And so a matter of time before Wargaming will put the other tanks in there also.

ChristOfTheAbyss #3 Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles
I will demand a compensation for sure. The effort I put in to get those tanks is far too great to me accept being screwed over like this.

tajj7 #4 Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28447 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 03 October 2019 - 07:57 AM, said:

But than you will have the same problem when they arrive in the bonds shop. It is more than likely that people will ask for those more and more now they are starting to put clanwar tanks in the shop. And so a matter of time before Wargaming will put the other tanks in there also.

Of course, but at least we would maybe get a CW exclusive tank for a while, and it would essentially be like getting a bonds refund, I'd at least get two tanks for the price of one compared to people who were just getting these tanks from the bonds shop.

I will also add that if WG put the 907 and T95/FV4201 in the bonds shop without nerfing them, they will completely break tier 10.   

The cynic in me says WG knows OP those two tanks are and they will keep them away from the bonds shop so people still are incentivised do CWs. 

Edited by tajj7, 03 October 2019 - 09:10 AM.

DaddysLittlePrincess #5 Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29357 battles
  • [_RO] _RO
As I understand, CW tanks in bond shop on test server are just placeholders, but we'll see when the patch comes out.

the_nebuchadnezzar #6 Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55226 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View Posttajj7, on 03 October 2019 - 07:50 AM, said:

Seeing as it looks like this is going to happen as Patch 1.61 is being released next week and the last version of the public test had the M60 and 121b being sold for 15k bonds, ignoring the rightness and wrongness of this (it's wrong), are you going to give the owners of those tanks proper compensation for being screwed over? 

And not the poor compensation you give those original mutant owners for selling their supposedly 'exclusive' pre-order tank, which IIRC was like camo and separate name (I don't want an M60 'CW' or something or some skin).

Something like at the very least like the bonds you are selling them for, or the ability to trade our now de-valued M60 or 121b for one of the other CW Reward tanks currently not in the bonds shop so we actually have a CW reward tank we earned not available for the masses much more easily. 

This have to be the dumbest idea I ever read on this forum. :facepalm:And that speaks volume! 

Mimos_A #7 Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29227 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View Posttajj7, on 03 October 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

I will also add that if WG put the 907 and T95/FV4201 in the bonds shop without nerfing them, they will completely break tier 10.   

As if they haven't already...

tajj7 #8 Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28447 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostMimos_A, on 03 October 2019 - 08:13 AM, said:

As if they haven't already...

Numbers, there are still not that many about compared to regular tier 10s, but put them in the bonds shop I'd expect to see numbers to triple at least. I also tend to find a lot of good players don't play the same tanks over and over, but when the masses latch onto an OP tank a lot them play nothing else, I see loads of people with the Bobject as their most played tier 10, even though they have like 10+ other tier 10 tanks that have been in the game longer, same with the Type 5 and 430U. 

View Postthe_nebuchadnezzar, on 03 October 2019 - 08:11 AM, said:

This have to be the dumbest idea I ever read on this forum. :facepalm:And that speaks volume! 

It's quite ironic that people from your clan are so salty about about other clans being way better than you and getting deserved rewards that you don't.  Any clan related topic has some salty bob from SJA. 

Edited by tajj7, 03 October 2019 - 09:21 AM.

TungstenHitman #9 Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:19 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30766 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G
Don't see why you should get compensation. Also, not entirely sure how many players have amassed that level of bonds other than those who played or paid a lot of ranked battles, battles which featured a hell of a lot of high end clan members anyway, most of which would already have these tanks so... what... everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by TungstenHitman, 03 October 2019 - 09:20 AM.

BravelyRanAway #10 Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24491 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

It was just a non-historical camo(which can be turned off)...there was no name change or added letter(which would have been better).

Edited by BravelyRanAway, 03 October 2019 - 09:21 AM.

tajj7 #11 Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:21 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28447 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 03 October 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

It was just a non-historical camo(which can be turned off)...there was no name change or added letter(which would have been better).

So even worse then. 

08:27 Added after 5 minute

View PostTungstenHitman, on 03 October 2019 - 08:19 AM, said:

Don't see why you should get compensation. Also, not entirely sure how many players have amassed that level of bonds other than those who played or paid a lot of ranked battles, battles which featured a hell of a lot of high end clan members anyway, most of which would already have these tanks so... what... everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'll put it very simply, you have a T-55A, so you went through all those annoying missions to get that tank, WG then puts the T-55A in the bonds shop for 10k bonds, thus giving players a much easier way of getting the T-55A, would you be aggrieved by that?

That is why, we earned something that was supposed to be exclusive to the mode it was earned in, it took a lot of time and effort to get, and now WG are giving it away way easier, completely devaluing the reward and the time/effort that was put in. 

Edited by tajj7, 03 October 2019 - 09:37 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:31 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34502 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
There's plenty of tanks WG can shove in the Bond shop if they want to other than CW tanks. CW tanks should stay exclusively CW. If you want it, earn it.

Miepie #13 Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4753 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Some cynics might think you simply don't like your M60 very much, would rather have an OP Chieftain and use this bond shop as an excuse to get one without effort. :D

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:44 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30766 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View Posttajj7, on 03 October 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

I'll put it very simply, you have a T-55A, so you went through all those annoying missions to get that tank, WG then puts the T-55A in the bonds shop for 10k bonds, thus giving players a much easier way of getting the T-55A, would you be aggrieved by that?

That is why, we earned something that was supposed to be exclusive to the mode it was earned it, it tool a lot of time and effort to get, and now WG are giving it away way easier, completely devaluing the reward and the time/effort that was put in. 

I don't dwell on things or reflect on how challenging it was to unlock a tank or 3 mark a tank I tend to forget about it and move onto the next thing so if the T-55A was sold as a premium tank tomorrow and every 2 battle noob bought one, I honestly wouldn't care but I understand your point of view and I'm not trying to troll. I also probably suffered through many battles grinding new crews for new lines without having 6th sense but I'd be delighted if WG made 6th sense a standard feature for all players and new players across all tanks effectively immediately and I wouldn't reflect all salty about all those battles I had to suffer or look for compensation. 

the_nebuchadnezzar #15 Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55226 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View Posttajj7, on 03 October 2019 - 08:18 AM, said:

It's quite ironic that people from your clan are so salty about about other clans being way better than you and getting deserved rewards that you don't.  Any clan related topic has some salty bob from SJA. 

I think you are mistaken. It`s just me and have nothing to do with my clan. But, then again, I`m pretty sure your vision is blurry right now from all this crying about what WG decide to do with their pixeles!  

SovietBias #16 Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39076 battles

It's not like WG has never done it before.

You might receive some x5XP missions, as a token of appreciation for being a valuable customer.

Bonds are the new end game currency, and I'd expect CWs to become another way of grinding them rather than a way of obtaining exclusive tanks. At best, they will first appear as CW rewards and then are added to the bond shop, so they are temporarily exclusive.

Also, you have to be pretty active in this game to amass the amount of bonds asked(15k+?). I have something like 9k, without ever buying any equipment or directives and that includes a 5year veteran bonus.

Pansenmann #17 Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36455 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I think it IS a good idea to sell such old reward Tanks for that much bonds as it takes a huge amount of time and effort for an average player like moi to   accumulate 15k (!!!!) bonds.

for example If I had not bought an enchanted stabilizer with my 6 year reward I would habe like 8k bonds in total.

Not many people have the time to Play CW to get one of those tanks and M60 was releases Like 3 years ago?

You had that one exclusive for yery long time then - about time to make it available to the masses.

PS: I would agree IF WG  sell them for $$ but at least one cannot buy bonds (yet)

Edited by Pansenmann, 03 October 2019 - 10:00 AM.

GH0571N45H3LL #18 Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23049 battles

Hahahahaha, No.

-WG

Mimos_A #19 Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:09 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29227 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View Posttajj7, on 03 October 2019 - 09:18 AM, said:

Numbers, there are still not that many about compared to regular tier 10s, but put them in the bonds shop I'd expect to see numbers to triple at least. I also tend to find a lot of good players don't play the same tanks over and over, but when the masses latch onto an OP tank a lot them play nothing else, I see loads of people with the Bobject as their most played tier 10, even though they have like 10+ other tier 10 tanks that have been in the game longer, same with the Type 5 and 430U.

You're of course right about that, but their relative rarity means often one team has one of them, while the other doesn't. Also, as it's clan reward tanks, it's often people who play with others. I've found that most of the time they're not alone, making the imbalance even more pronounced.

And the curse of the bobject and type 5 was a lot worse (oh the lovely days of having a grille 15 having to face a bobject on Ensk/Himmels), definitely, but other problems don't mean it's not a problem.

Dava_117 #20 Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:13 AM

Major General

• 23008 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I don't see why people should have a compensation too. People that got those tanks as CW reward had the chance to play them for more and also got them for free, as there were no bonds back then. And still doing CW is a faster way to get all the bonds you need to buy them. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users