Jump to content


Question about report a blackmailer


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Imperator_protecit #1 Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:55 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24462 battles
  • 249
  • [TVDE] TVDE
  • Member since:
    05-21-2014

Actualy some guy in general just try to blackmailing me,ask me to buy him a AC4 experiment o he would telling his comunity contributor friend to ban me......Is there any way more eficaz  for reporting than via customer support reporting insult/harrassment?

Because.....I dont think blackmail for real money is just insult/harrassment afterall



spamhamstar #2 Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:02 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 64313 battles
  • 2,479
  • [WIKD] WIKD
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012

You can submit a ticket with a screenshot  https://eu.wargaming...wot/my-tickets/

 

Begging is specifically against the rules, attempted blackmail or fraud are both criminal offences.  His community contributor friend is likely to be imaginary, but even if he isn't he can't ban your account.



Negativvv #3 Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:16 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 14083 battles
  • 2,089
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

Why would his CC friend ban you?

 

I'd tell this person to go eat a male appendage. 

 

Maybe send a ticket in too :trollface:



Miepie #4 Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:57 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4753 battles
  • 1,408
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018
It's a hollow threat anyway; the most a CC can do is ban you from their Twitch / YT channel. In most cases, this is a blessing, not a punishment. :sceptic:

unhappy_bunny #5 Posted 05 October 2019 - 08:58 AM

    Colonel

  • Moderator
  • 20193 battles
  • 3,732
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostImperator_protecit, on 05 October 2019 - 02:55 AM, said:

Actualy some guy in general just try to blackmailing me,ask me to buy him a AC4 experiment o he would telling his comunity contributor friend to ban me......Is there any way more eficaz  for reporting than via customer support reporting insult/harrassment?

Because.....I dont think blackmail for real money is just insult/harrassment afterall


Have you kept a screen shot of the chat? If you have then include it is a support ticket.

If you haven't then forget about it, move on, and don't worry. You won't get banned.



Pansenmann #6 Posted 05 October 2019 - 09:00 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36455 battles
  • 13,953
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012
pro tip: enable date and timestamp for chat

jack_timber #7 Posted 05 October 2019 - 09:11 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41287 battles
  • 3,382
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

Tell him or her to go and visit a taxidermist....

 



BravelyRanAway #8 Posted 05 October 2019 - 09:49 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24491 battles
  • 12,252
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 05 October 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:


Have you kept a screen shot of the chat? If you have then include it is a support ticket.

If you haven't then forget about it, move on, and don't worry. You won't get banned.

This!^^....................if you have a screenshot, send it to support....then the guy who tried to blackmail you will get banned instead(completely banned).:)



Imperator_protecit #9 Posted 05 October 2019 - 10:06 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24462 battles
  • 249
  • [TVDE] TVDE
  • Member since:
    05-21-2014

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 05 October 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:


Have you kept a screen shot of the chat? If you have then include it is a support ticket.

If you haven't then forget about it, move on, and don't worry. You won't get banned.

Yes....I got full screen shoted from the start,I already made a ticket last night,still in progress though

I do hope they Will take serious against these type of criminal......This is,in my opinión,not just simple insult and harassment....this is actualy very serious thing...


Edited by Imperator_protecit, 05 October 2019 - 10:07 AM.


PayMore #10 Posted 05 October 2019 - 10:12 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28064 battles
  • 813
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013
Worst thing you could do to the blackmailer is to buy that tank to him. If it was any good Offspring would have used it for promo tank.

Edited by PayMore, 05 October 2019 - 10:13 AM.


Dava_117 #11 Posted 05 October 2019 - 10:22 AM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 23008 battles
  • 5,468
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostImperator_protecit, on 05 October 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

Yes....I got full screen shoted from the start,I already made a ticket last night,still in progress though

I do hope they Will take serious against these type of criminal......This is,in my opinión,not just simple insult and harassment....this is actualy very serious thing...

 

Well, it's Saturday, so I won't expect any feedback from support untill Monday. And even then, they can't tell you what will happen to this scammer for privacy laws. 



Orkbert #12 Posted 05 October 2019 - 11:44 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 28476 battles
  • 2,215
  • Member since:
    08-29-2013

View PostImperator_protecit, on 05 October 2019 - 03:55 AM, said:

Actualy some guy in general just try to blackmailing me

 

And just another reason to never go into general chat.

 

Also that blackmailer is strangely confident that nobody would turn the table by making a chargeback after having gifted the demanded tank.



SovietBias #13 Posted 05 October 2019 - 11:45 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39076 battles
  • 1,695
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013

View Postjack_timber, on 05 October 2019 - 08:11 AM, said:

Tell him or her to go and visit a taxidermist....

 

 

Chuck Testa?



Balc0ra #14 Posted 05 October 2019 - 12:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74388 battles
  • 21,280
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
CC to ban you? Whatever happened to "my uncle works for WG". Who is scared of a CC? 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users