Think about yourself

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Sinke_ #1 Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:22 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 28717 battles

If you are playing this game for years now, and still struggling, which means you are sporting 50% winrate and under with recently bought/researched tanks, consider trying something else. Listen.

Who knows how many things in life are there for you to explore, learn and experiment with? Who knows how many things are there in which you can be good at?

You don't have to be good in World of Tanks. It's OK. You've tried, many times, different tiers, different tanks and still - terrible results. Not enough good battles, no achievements, battle hero medals, no true impact on maps. You are constantly making bad decisions on maps and you, actually, don't contribute enough.

It's OK. There are other video games, too. They can be explored. Maybe, if you like to drive, it's time to try some racing video game? Maybe there you'll find proper satisfaction and amusement.

Think about your place in this game and, eventually, in this world. You can contribute in many other ways except endlessly trying something you aren't good at. We are all gifted with some great qualities (at least I hope so).

Best regards.

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:24 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13147 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
:popcorn:

prskanje #3 Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4152 battles
  • [NCTRL] NCTRL
Yeeeeeah, nice points there, I'm not going to delve into the motivation behind it, but you're in the wrong place.

Bulldog_Drummond #4 Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33576 battles

View PostSinke_, on 05 October 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

If you are playing this game for years now, and still struggling, which means you are sporting 50% winrate and under with recently bought/researched tanks, consider trying something else. Listen.

Who knows how many things in life are there for you to explore, learn and experiment with? Who knows how many things are there in which you can be good at?

You don't have to be good in World of Tanks. It's OK. You've tried, many times, different tiers, different tanks and still - terrible results. Not enough good battles, no achievements, battle hero medals, no true impact on maps. You are constantly making bad decisions on maps and you, actually, don't contribute enough.

It's OK. There are other video games, too. They can be explored. Maybe, if you like to drive, it's time to try some racing video game? Maybe there you'll find proper satisfaction and amusement.

Think about your place in this game and, eventually, in this world. You can contribute in many other ways except endlessly trying something you aren't good at. We are all gifted with some great qualities (at least I hope so).

Best regards.

I suspect that the way evolution and the world generally works is that the average and below are there to be exploited.  That doesn't mean that we can't have fun doing something we are not much good at.  You only have to look at motorists and mating to see that there is a place for anyone.

I'm exceptionally good at my complicated job and at managing my investments.  I will also most likely kill you in an FTF game or wargame.  

Am I not to be allowed to bumble along in my spare time in a PC game at which I am not much good?

etody77 #5 Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76327 battles
  • [JMA] JMA

Dear OP

What if all average/bad players will follow your advice and you will be forced to face only unicums like you?

And what if i tell you something else: It's just a facken game, i play for fun and relax, not for stats

About other games, i played Grepolis, and i can tell you...is boring to be always in top 5...

I think you should think about life and about beautifull things you can make and see outside this game

Or...you should ask WG to make a single player mod, to not be disturbed by noobs like me

iuytr #6 Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12404 battles

POPULAR

Dear Sinke

If you are trying to get laid for years now, and still struggling, which means you are sporting 0% hitrate and paying prostitutes, consider trying something else. Listen.

You don't have to get laid. It's OK. You've tried, many times, different women, different places and still - terrible results. 

It's OK. There are other things in life, too. They can be explored. Maybe, if you like to drive, it's time to try some racing video game? Maybe there you'll find proper satisfaction and amusement.

Think about your place in this world. You can contribute in many other ways except endlessly trying something you aren't good at. We are all gifted with some great qualities (at least I hope so).

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24491 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
Came to hear a unicum speak.........................was disappointed by impersonation.

mtnm #8 Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3673 battles

Element6 #9 Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31979 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I will play this game despite not being very good at it, simply because it is a fun game.

It's ok OP, I get that you might not understand or like it, but there are other games out there for you to play if you can't handle this.

mpf1959 #10 Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30054 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Think about yourself

Thanks for the tip bro! :teethhappy:

Sinke_ #11 Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:52 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 28717 battles
I apologize to all members/players who recognized themselves in first post. It wasn't my intention to insult or mistreat anyone. It's just my invitation to contemplation. To anyone who is able to.

Homer_J #12 Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:54 PM

Field Marshal

• 32930 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSinke_, on 05 October 2019 - 02:22 PM, said:

You don't have to be good in World of Tanks.

I'm glad you agree.

My wife, kids, boss, auntie, milkman, next door's cat, the guy up the road's goldfish, all agree too.

It's a game, a hobby, a pass-time.  Nobody is going to judge your life achievements by it.

Kaltroh #13 Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 55948 battles
  • [SA-AS] SA-AS

OP is one of the ones who thinks themselves as intelligent, but unfortunately truth is painful.

Hey OP, lets assume your wish come true at a given moment and all below 50% WR left the game. Now it is the hard part for you to understand: Remaining players will have some battles and approx half of them (in fact more than half, due to draws) will be again below 50% WR eventually and will have to leave. It will go like this, and at the end there will not be enough players left to have a battle.

jabster #14 Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12761 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostHomer_J, on 05 October 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

I'm glad you agree.

My wife, kids, boss, auntie, milkman, next door's cat, the guy up the road's goldfish, all agree too.

It's a game, a hobby, a pass-time.  Nobody is going to judge your life achievements by it.

You have a milkman?

mpf1959 #15 Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30054 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Block Quote

Hey OP, lets assume your wish come true at a given moment and all below 50% WR left the game.

If they did, I would hate to see the length of time the remaining players left would have to queue for a game.

Falathi #16 Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:36 PM

Field Marshal

• WG Staff
  • 19957 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hmm... let`s think about it for a moment. 

This is a PVP game, meaning that players are facing each other meaning that when it comes to the long term performance players can be distributed according to the normal distribution. In other words: there will be a large pool of average players ( some being below average, some above ), then a smaller number of bad and smaller number of good players and so on until we reach the ends of spectrum, with a fraction of a percent of extremely good - and similar amount of extremely bad players. . I believe you can see more than a few graphs here and there on 3rd party sites. 

Now, let`s put aside for a moment the question why some players are good, some bad and if and how much should it matter. 

Let`s go on with the thought experiment and follow the idea that for some reason, all players who are not at least above average stop playing. Like, they are magically removed, or barred, or quit - whatever, they are gone, can`t be seen on the server anymore. 
How would it affect other players? And oh, let`s be optimistic and let`s assume here that there would be no impact on the queues for the battles, MM, tiers distribution and so on. 
For first - yes, you would have in your team players who have better average knowledge of the game, but in the same time all players who normally could make easy targets are gone too. Actually dealing damage wouldn`t become easier. 

Second result - the math behind assessment of the player`s skill wouldn`t change, players would still be facing normal distribution, meaning that today`s above average players would become bad, good players would be considered average at best and so on. And oh, the numbers of people who would still be unicums is going to be reduced as well. 
Would it decrease frustration after defeats? 
Frankly, I don`t think so, I think we wouldn`t see any improvement there. 

The game would be different in some aspects, but I seriously doubt it would be better, also from the very good player`s point of view. 

Therefore I think that the idea that average players should leave something they are not good at wouldn`t really solve any issue, and wouldn`t make everyone`s life easier. 

Now, we shouldn`t forget one more important thing: players have not only different in-game skills, but also much different attitude towards the game: some really want to excel at it. Some simply are content with being good at it, but not necessarily by going hardcore. 

Others may treat it simply as a fun way of spending time, disregarding their performance. 

Others yet may treat it as fun or may be willing to improve, but can`t - for example, they may be lacking reflex that is necessary above certain skill level. 

And so on. 
That being said - they all have their place in the game. 

Dorander #17 Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles
I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations, OP. Perhaps you should try following your own advice and playing something else?

Gruff_ #18 Posted 05 October 2019 - 06:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22826 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
You better think (think) think about what you're trying to do to me
Yeah, think (think, think), let your mind go, let yourself be free

fwhaatpiraat #19 Posted 05 October 2019 - 06:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 60163 battles
  • [RGT] RGT